Signups NDMPL I: Managers Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avery

Banned deucer.

Art made by ausma
NDMPL is right around the corner and we're now looking for managers. Only post if you would like to sign up to manage a team. You won't get to pick your assistant manager; instead, you can draft a player during the draft and appoint one of your drafted players as your assistant manager. You can buy yourself in as a manager for 20k.

There will be 6 teams each with a budget of 112k, each team will have six players and 2 substitutes minimum, 4 substitutes maximum. In your manager signup please include which format you would prefer for the tournament; 6 National Dex Monotype BO1 Slots or 5 National Dex Monotype BO1 Slots + 1 National Dex Monotype BO3 Slot. Additionally, if enough interest is shown we may add a Monothreat slot in.

We reserve the right to reject bad team names. This thread will be open for approximately a week (until May 2nd @ 5 PM EST)!

Format of a signup post:
Code:
Team Name:
List of Accomplishments:
Why would you make a Good Manager?:
Which format do you prefer?:

Edit: Slots have now been decided, 4 NatDex Monotype Slots, 1 NatDex Monothreat Slot, and 1 NatDex Monotype Bo3 slot.

Last edited by a moderator:

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Team Name: Cat City Catgirls
List of Accomplishments: PUWC Manager. NUPL Manager. I don't play Monotype anymore but I'll draft the best team
Assman/Sidecat/Ghost Manager: jonfilch (ORAS OU SPL Player)
Why would you make a Good Manager?: read above
Which format do you prefer?: 6 Natdex Monotype. 1 Monothreat. 1 Monotype LC

Last edited:
Team Name: Castelia Sewers Cloysters
List of Accomplishments: Esteemed former Natdex Mono council member. Avid Natdex Monotype supporter/lover
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Countless Managerial experience highlighted by GPL (Goats Premier League) and led the Hooping Hoopas (undefeated team record btw) to a championship.
Which format do you prefer?: Put Bo3 in but add Natdex Monothreat as a slot.

castelia sewers cloysters.png

logo courtesy of Dieu Amphibien

Last edited:
Team Name: Fuschia Fearows
List of Accomplishments: Won the Natdex Monotype $75 tour.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Experience in teamchats with premier leagues like mpl, mwp, and mwcop.
Which format do you prefer?: I prefer 4 National Dex Slots + 1 Bo3 Slot and 1 Monothreat Slot.

Fraolain

PERFECTION SPORTS
is a Tiering Contributor
Team Name: Atlantic Sailfish Arctovishs
List of Accomplishments: once I did a backflip and almost landed on my feet
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I had various experiences in leadership both in the vietnam and indochina war as a colonel + I've already been the captain of a small ship in the caribbean sea, where I diriged a small crew of around 18 sailors.
Which format do you prefer?: 5 bo1 and 1 threat

Last edited:

Ashbala

You can pretend that it was me, but no, oh ♪
is a Pre-Contributor
Team Name : Noxious Nihilegos
List of Accomplishment : Well ... There is nothing :blobsad:
Why would you make a good manager : I have some minor experience in managing ULC and other unofficial and unnoticed team tour where I lead them to poffs and finals ( unfort no win in finals :blobpensive:) and i can be a good and supportive cheerleader for u :)
Which format do you prefer : 4bo1 1 bo3 and 1 threat

Rei

formerly Scholar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Team Name: Trojan Porygons
List of Accomplishments: Managed and won 1v1pl and omfl. The other time I managed was in NDWC where my team got to semifinals. I am currently writing analyses for Natdex Monotype and very active in the National Dex Community. Have been in Monotype BLT, MPL, MWCOP, and MWP and have tons of experience with team tours in general, was also in NDPL and ended with a decent record.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I can make a good draft, provide support and give the best team environment possible.
Which format do you prefer?: 4 Natdex Monotype bo1 1 Natdex Monotype bo3 and 1 Natdex Monotype Monothreat

SPACE FORCE meeps

LAW & ORDER!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Team Name: dog town dogboys
List of Accomplishments: won a couple games in mono world cup and snake draft 1 got caught double killing on cams in among us once
Why would you make a Good Manager?: managed a few winning teams on pokemon online forums
Which format do you prefer?: put in bo3 but add natdex monothreat as a slot.

Gray

stop ballcapping
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Team Name: Dogwater Suicunes
List of Accomplishments: made it to round 11 in natdex mono tour, however one was against Izaya so might as well be only round 10
Why would you make a Good Manager?: i have managing experience and I'm competitive enough to keep my players engaged
Which format do you prefer? decided

Team Name: Nefarious Necrozmas
List of Accomplishments: Monothreat council, played in MWcop and MWP, I've managed many discord PLs in the past, and I'm a fairly active member in the monotype community.
Why would you make a good manager?: This would be my first smogon tour managing, so I'd be extra motivated to put in my best performance! :blobwizard:
Which format do you prefer?: 6 NatDex Monothreat slots :mad:

Team Name: Glorious Glastiers
List of Accomplishments: my team won blt, played a few NDM games in MWcop
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I have experience managing a few unofficial tours including MOMPL and ulc. I am also a fairly active member of the NDM community and have a very good understanding of the current meta.

Trichotomy

is a Tiering Contributoris a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
MPL Champion
Team Name: Big Brained Calyrex (BBC)
Assman: Prosaic
Why would I make a good manager?: Our individual IQ is higher than the combined IQ of any 2 comanagers. If that isn't enough, Prosaic and I have learned a great deal from our helicopter parents who have micromanaged us throughout our childhoods.
Which format do I prefer?: Bo3 ✔ Monothreat ✘

Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 7.20.41 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)