OM NDBH Suspect #2: another (Terastallization, again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

What?
Due to unanimous support, we are resuspecting Terastallization. If the ban passes Terastal Clause will be added to the banlist.

Why?
Since this is a retest, most of the previous arguments still apply:
Terastallization is a powerful tool, especially when it requires no item to activate. It can be used for offensive, defensive, and even offensive-defensive purposes, to secure unexpected 2HKOs, resist previous super-effective moves, and prevent the opponent from revenge-killing, respectively. It also provides an effective way to self-improof, making possible offensive sets more powerful without the need to secure a slot in case Imposter comes in. All of these aspects significantly affect teambuilding and gameplay - we saw in the kickoff tour how Zygarde-Complete dominated in both usage and win percentage for the former. Because of the reasons given earlier, often strategy is relegated to passive play before someone chooses to terastallize, adding to the argument that it is unhealthy for the meta.

However, there are some arguments to keep Terastallization. The flexibility mentioned in the previous paragraph can be also seen as a positive for the metagame, as it adds a layer of dynamicity with regards to defensive Tera. It can also be used to aid creative teambuilding, as one can choose to rely on Tera to solve potential problems with their team instead of having to use a extra slot to do so. Lastly is the argument that since it's the "generational gimmick" and/or that it is fun and interesting, that it should be kept, though these are both subjective.
However, as seen in the discussion earlier, new insights have emerged since the last suspect - since Zygarde-Complete had to be banned following the DNB last suspect, offensive Tera Zacian-Crowned, in addition to still problematic mons such as Deoxys-Attack and Miraidon, have shown themselves to be heavily constricting on teambuilding, and Tera Ghost Imposter limits the effectiveness of certain walls due to their inability to improof themselves. Instead of banning or suspecting each problematic Tera abuser (as there are too many of them and could start a domino effect, since Zacian-Crowned is also an effective check to other powerful mons, and banning Imposter would be devastating to the game), we are suspecting Terastallization one more time.

How?
  • We will be using the new suspect process laid out by Zarel here (aka no COIL).
  • You must have a minimum GXE of 80, with at least 50 games played
    The minimum game requirement is reduced by 2 games for every 0.3 GXE you have above 80 GXE, down to a minimum of 30 games with a GXE of 83 or above. See the table below:
GXEminimum games
Do so by making a new alt with the prefix “retera”. For example I could register the alt "retera anaconja." The alt must have a creation date on or after July 17, 2023

Where?

You must post your proof of reqs in this thread and play your games on the main pokemonshowdown.com sim.

Terstallization will be allowed in the ladder for the duration of this suspect; I would recommend using it as much as you can to get a feel of how they are in the meta and have a good idea of if they are broken/unhealthy or if they are perfectly manageable after all.

Do:
  • Post your proof of reqs and, if you wish, your stance on the matter briefly, in this thread. Read the following CAREFULLY on how to do so:
    • you MUST FIRST AND FOREMOST PROVIDE AN IMAGE OF THE ALT WITH PROOF OF OWNERSHIP. We can't stress that last part enough. Refer to these examples of how to do this: example1 example2 example3
    • If you don’t do at least the above, your vote won’t be counted. We will be very strict about this.
  • Post in this thread if you have any questions about THIS SUSPECT PROCESS.
Do NOT:
  • Post your stance on the matter in this thread without proof of requirements (This should be posted in the main thread instead)
  • Post anything in this thread unrelated to this suspect (with or without proof)
When?
This suspect period will last until July 31, 2023, 11:59 pm GMT-7. We will try to begin the voting process immediately after and post the Voter ID Thread similar to past suspects.

GLHF!

TLDR?
  • between 80 GXE after 50 games to 83 GXE after 30 games with a new alt
    • “retera” alt with image proof IN THIS THREAD
  • Terastallization is ALLOWED on ladder
  • DEADLINE: July 31, 2023
tagging Kris to setup the suspect alert

Last edited:
tera reqs.png

This run was suffering. Between losing gxe for winning, the ladder being so dead I had people counterteaming me, and my inability to win speedties made me feel some type of way.

More on topic, definitely voting ban, while I did enjoy clicking tera steel gigaton hammer for free wins, it is just straight up not balanced, nor is the number of times I go to click a super effective move, then they tera, then trap and remove my attacker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)