Projects ND Other Tiers Teambuilding Competition [CYCLE 15: NDRU DIGGERSBY! Congrats to DanBear02 on winning Cycle 14!]

hello everyone! It's been quite a while but...

Amstan is the newest Co-Host of this project! Congratulations

Also, since I had no real objections, the National Dex BH cycle is now replaced with National Dex AAA. Congratulations to LordBox, I guess. Not to worry BH fans, for we will still feature the tier as a Surprise OM.

The new cycle should be up soon. That is all.

Amstan

what the flip
is a Tiering Contributor
hiii im cohosting now

Congrats to zastra for winning Cycle 12!

This weeks surprise OM will be National Dex STAB!
Cycle 13: NDSTAB Lilligant Hisui

Lilligant-Hisui @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Hustle
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Victory Dance
- Flower Trick
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner

Lilligant-Hisui is a very powerful wallbreaker with Flower Trick bypassing Hustle's accuracy boost, making it a very spammable move. Victory Dance and Fightinium Z allow it to sweep unprepared teams. How will you fit this powerful flower on a team?​

Amstan

what the flip
is a Tiering Contributor
since nobody has submitted i will submit something i guess
:pmd/lilligant-hisui: :pmd/toxapex: :pmd/camerupt-mega: :pmd/celesteela: :pmd/meloetta: :pmd/hydrapple:

lilligant-h breaks through almost every mon in the tier EXCEPT :pecharunt: and :skeledirge:. M-Camel provides a way to farm Skeledirge for days and threaten to get up Spikes and Meloetta is immune to rage fist and can properly threaten Pecharunt with Lumina Crash. Toxapex and Celesteela form a very good defensive core and Hydrapple prevents you from getting farmed by Ogerpon.

PLSPLSPLS SOMEBODY ELSE SUBMIT ONE :PLEADING: PLEADING:
e: the paste had leaf blade for some reason

Last edited:

BoingK

back to the lab again
is a Pre-Contributor
I built a thing!

:pmd/lilligant-hisui::pmd/toxapex::pmd/corviknight::pmd/rotom-wash::pmd/gliscor::pmd/meloetta:

I think I sorta tried to build two archetypes in one LOL. Lilligant-H is able to break through most of the tier and forms a powerful offensive core with Rotom-Wash and Meloetta. Meloetta is there because I wanted a Boomburst button, and isn't passive against Dark types thanks to the ability to U-Turn, although you have to be careful of getting Pursuit trapped. I have Secret Sword slashed, but I'm not sure if STAB allows for Meloetta to learn it (I think it should, in which case Melo becomes very good at hitting most Darks that want to switch into its attacks). Rotom-Wash is NPlot 3a, with Water Shuriken being able to consistently close out games, and Electro Drift is able to smack Toxapex reliably. Steam Eruption is the 4th move of choice to bring a better matchup vs Skeledirge (unfortunately, Rotom does not get a stronger Water attack, but Steam Eruption OHKO's Physdef and does >70% to max SpDef). Toxapex / Corv / Gliscor form a potent pivoting core, with the aim being to keep hazards off, soft-check most Pokemon, and pivot in the breakers. Gliscor and Corv are able to pivot into Pecharunt and slow pivot out to Meloetta, and Toxapex is able to reliably wall Skeledirge and Knock / Flip Turn out to put it in range of Rotom's Steam Eruption. Admittedly the Pecharunt MU is still quite bad, but that mon is broken and being banned soon :tm:. Ogerpon-Wellspring and Ogerpon-Teal is pretty much game over if you don't have Lilligant in position, so watch out for that (you should be able to pivot it in with Corviknight if the Ogerpon is unboosted and resist the incoming Jet Punch). Ogerpon-Hearthflame is GGWP unless you can get Spikes up first, in which case +2 Rotom can OHKO it with Water Shuriken. But other than that this team does not have any bad matchups, it's just a shame it loses to 4 of the best Pokemon in the tier LOL. But they can only run one Ogerpon so how bad can it actually be??

By the way this team is really bad don't use it

Amstan

what the flip
is a Tiering Contributor
congrats you handsome and tall fellow Amstan for winning cycle 13
1710851302467.jpeg

This week will be NDUU!
Cycle 14: Greninja
:sv/greninja:
Greninja recently dropped into NDUU during the March tier shifts. With 2 great ability options and multitudes of options for moveset options, how will you build with frog?
edited typos out

So far, I've used two different items but the same set.

252spatt 252speed timid
Hydro pump
Water shuriken
Sludge wave
Dark pulse

Mystic water / waterium Z

:sv/excadrill: :sv/thundurus-therian: :sv/iron-moth: :sv/aegislash: :sv/greninja: :sv/iron-hands:

This team was made on the discord by me and GeeGee9817 while trying to figure out how best to use greninja on a HO. Taking inspiration from current gen, we settled on using life orb to bolster the power of its moves and try to snipe a kill.

Full teambuilding process:

:excadrill: :thundurus-therian: :iron-moth:
These three together make up the standard NDUU HO core. Excadrill is incredibly consistent in setting hazards and keeping them off your side of the field unless your opponent happens to have a stealth rock skarmory. Thundurus Therian is an unparalleled breaker into balance and stall teams, sometimes being able to sweep through defensive teams completely on its own. Iron Moth is then the best cleaner in the tier, at least assuming it procs its 50% fiery dance boost, with perfect coverage and outspeeding all but scarf Greninja, Excadrill in sand and Hawlucha.

:excadrill: :thundurus-therian: :iron-moth: :aegislash:
As anyone who's played HO in NDUU can attest, there is nothing scarier than facing down a MTtar + Excadrill core. Air Balloon Aegislash is here for one main purpose, that being to beat opposing Excadrill and pick up KOs with Shadow Sneak priority. With its natural bulk, it can also sometimes pick up multiple Swords Dances and sweep entire teams.

:excadrill: :thundurus-therian: :iron-moth: :aegislash: :greninja:
And now we're onto the main player. Greninja is an incredible cleaner, being able to come in against an opponent that has been weakened sufficiently, pick up a battle bond boost, and sweep easily thanks to the holes punched by the rest of the team. It can also function as its own breaker, being able to break through teams relying on Tapu Fini to answer Greninja variants and threaten out incredibly common threats in Iron Moth and Mega Tyranitar. It also functions as an excellent insurance against opposing HO Iron Moth with Water Shuriken priority, which is otherwise an existential threat to this team.

:excadrill: :thundurus-therian: :iron-moth: :aegislash: :greninja: :iron-hands:
Iron Hands is just him. This team needs some way of standing up to Dragon Dance MTTar, and other fast physical threats. Iron Hands is not only able to beat these threats, but often use them to spring board off of and start decimating defensive cores. The EVs present in this paste are now outdated as of the Latios ban, previously being able to live a MTios Luster Purge from full health, but Iron Hands still functions more than well enough in its roll of fending off the bevy of physical attackers in the tier and trading for key components of opposing teams.

:Greninja: :Pidgeot-Mega: :Rotom-Wash: :Iron Moth: :Zapdos-Galar: :Excadrill:

This team is built to chip down Special walls on the opposing team to allow Greninja to get its Battle Bond boost late-game to sweep.

:Greninja: is the star here. Life Orb allows Greninja to be really strong out the gate, and with Battle Bond a weakened team can easily collapse to it. It helps a lot that Greninja resists basically all the priority in the tier (Aqua Jet, Bullet Punch, Water Shuriken, Shadow Sneak). Sludge Wave + Ice Beam coverage hits stuff like :Tapu Fini: and gives reliable coverage vs Scarfers like :Zapdos-Galar:.

:Pidgeot-Mega: is a really neat mon. It's not super great in general, but on this team it is the secondary build around and helps break through things like Ting-Lu with Toxic and Celesteela with Heat Wave, giving Greninja an easier time lategame. It's also great with Rotom-W, as it threatens the Grass types that absorb its STABS.

:Rotom-Wash: is the typical pivot. Defog keeps the team healthy as we have 2 hazard weak mons, and Wisp alongside Speed investment allows you to Burn :Tyranitar-Mega:. Works really well alongside :Zapdos-Galar: as well.

:Iron Moth: is the secondary late game cleaner, breaking against teams that Greninja might struggle against. Morning Sun helps the stall matchup, as otherwise the team is fairly weak to stall.

:Zapdos-Galar: is a great scarfer, checking threats like DD :Tyranitar-Mega: and :Greninja:, while also just being super versatile with its typing and coverage.

:Excadrill: is the team's Ground, given the responsibility of dissuading Volt Switch, setting Rocks up and keeping them off. Great role compression, and also has Toxic to wear down Ting-Lu for the rest of the team.

And that's it! This team has been a lot of fun. Its not great, but it does work sometimes and feels great when it does.

:sv/pecharunt: :sv/diggersby::sv/cobalion: :sv/sylveon: :sv/iron jugulis: :sv/ogerpon:

A bit of a weird BO based around Parting Shot Z-Pecharunt and CB Diggersby that i built around the time last month's shifts happened (Pecha and Ttar dropping altho it's not updated for current shifts).

:pecharunt: As one of the main components of the team, this is the team's spinblocker and one of the main pivots. This is also one of my answers to Fighters (Mainly Slither Wing) and having NP + Ghostium allows for more pressure on anything besides Tyranitar (could be changed to Shadow Ball)

:pecharunt: :diggersby: The bunny is the breaker of the squad and one of the main abusers of Pecha's easy pivoting, baiting in things like Tyranitar or Tinkaton to let CB Diggersby run wild. This is also a possible revenge killer alongside Booster Jugulis with Quick Attack and still keeping momentum with U-Turn in case there's too many immunities present for Diggersby to risk playing around.

:pecharunt: :diggersby: :cobalion: Another pivot that's mostly for the role compression, Cobalion serves as the main Tyranitar switch but also to things like Crobat, Zarude, Ogerpon or M-Absol. This is also a decent wincon with Iron Defense + Body Press which can put enough pressure to get a Fighting resist quick enough and just volt out of there.

:pecharunt: :diggersby: :cobalion: :sylveon:Sylveon is a straight forward cleric, allowing me to keep Cobalion healthy, let Pecharunt get hits more comfortably and get Diggersby in vs Electrics without worrying about potential 2HKOs.

:pecharunt: :diggersby: :cobalion: :sylveon: :iron jugulis: Jugulis is the cleaner of the team once Diggersby and Pecharunt have dealt enough damage to the opposing team while also being an emergency check to things like Nihilego, Scarf Mienshao, Zeraora, or Zarude.

:pecharunt: :diggersby: :cobalion: :sylveon: :iron jugulis: :ogerpon: Ogerpon was a quick last since i wanted a lot more utility (Knock Off, U-Turn and Spikes mainly) while also being a Ground resist for Sandy Shocks, opposing Diggersby and Krookodile.

Gangsta Spongebob

"Mama I'm a Criminal" - Badass Smoking Caterpillar
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
:diggersby: :basculegion-f: :rotom-heat: :slowking: :slither wing: :tinkaton:

BO that hits hard with CB Diggersby and Specs Basulegion. VoltTurn spams pivoting with Rotom, Slowking, and Slither Wing as well. Slowking and Tinkaton provide a good defensive core, with the latter also providing Rocks. Rotom provides the all-important Defog. Scarf Slither Wing is a cool mon that maintains momentum while hitting hard because its Slither Wing.

:diggersby: :empoleon: :sceptile-mega: :rotom-heat: :pecharunt: :mienshao:
BO with sd normz Diggersby. Digger is the main breaker, normz is supposed to help it break through tang. Empoleon is the rocker as well as the steel type and helps deal with stuff like latias. Sceptile is the speed control. Rotom gives defog and also levitate because theres no flying type. Pecharunt is mostly for the mienshao mu while also being another breaker. Life orb Mienshao adds another pivot and more breaking power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)