Projects ND Other Tiers Teambuilding Competition [CYCLE 15: NDRU DIGGERSBY! Congrats to DanBear02 on winning Cycle 14!]

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

mmx has great power but finds it hard to beat fat fairies and ghosts and imp and stuff. i decided to go for some heat with debris chomp, taking a page from aaa, then using offensive utility trapper zacian as an improof while pressuring walls with natures madness. darm is a good mmx improof and kinda decent otherwise, taking on zacian/other mmx lacking ground coverage, while groundceus does groundceus things. then i realized i was super weak to water and needed a poison so venusaur is just there

GRATZ anaconja IT'S LC WEEK!

:sv/clamperl:
SMASH!

use whatever set u want but just remember the deadline is in a week from now. voting will start after that & end 2-3 days later.

congratulations, Velcroc! (for the millionth time??)

anyway... our next pokemon is-

CYCLE 12: ND NFE UNKILLABLE APPLE!
:sv/dipplin:
Dipplin @ Eviolite
Ability: Sticky Hold
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse / Hidden Power [Fighting]
sticky hold and tremendous bulk, grass type not weak to fire, dipplin is a godsend! to nfe, at least, i guess. whoever builds the most broken stall WINS!

you know the process already, 1 week building time., 2-3 days voting. POST UP!!

Ineros

Checkmate, move along!
is a Pre-Contributor
https://pokepast.es/e4a44ed4f266a1ed
:dipplin: :piloswine: :electabuzz: :golbat: :frogadier: :klang:
Ok so this is my first build in NFE so it probably won’t be good lol.
Dipplin is literally THE unbreakable mon; almost nothing actually threatens it and the defensive cores it’s paired with consistently. Here, it’s used as part of a defensive backbone on a team built around using spikes and sr to force progress, which is much, much easier to do here where boots aren’t as common. Without being affected by knock, it is very hard to actually force progress against because the stuff that should check it just get stonewalled by this thing’s teammates. The spikers and rockers don’t have the best matchup into it either, so it’s hard to force progress that way. Roselia and Piloswine are the only setters I can think of that actually threaten it, and they don’t exactly like switching in to dipplin, especially with hazards up. Piloswine actually helps threaten dipplin somewhat and is this team’s ground. It is also a good soft check into things like Golbat and electabuzz, one of which is a threat to dipplin and the other is great mon in its own right. Electabuzz is this team’s speed control, being a great pivot and offensive presence. With knock off and focus blast, it is able to force progress easier by removing eviolite from basically everything and threaten checks like Piloswine. It also threatens waters that dipplin can’t exactly check all the time, such as frogadier or mareanie due to ice beam/being neutral to grass. Electabuzz also forms a good volturn core with frogadier. Frogadier helps deal with grounds like pilo and Rhydon, while electabuzz helps against bulky waters like wartortle and mareanie. Golbat is the fogger here and is also a good check into things like gabite, gurdurr, and machoke. Here is where we get a little spicy. Frogadier here is the spikes setter, helping break through cores with dipplin or Sliggoo better. Waterium z is here to nuke and surprise pawniard, something Dipplin is setup fodder against. It also is a good check into fires like raboot or magmar. Klang is something funny I thought of, being able to ACTUALLY check fairies well like swirlix or clefairy as well as other things like duosion or hattrem. It is also the wincon that is built up throughout a game, and benefits greatly from spikes support from frog. Mareanie is a good check to this set, so electabuzz is a good teammate to have here.

hi everyone, sorry for the delay; Runo has decided to step down from his position as project co-host, leaving me as the sole host of the project. however, I'm also incredibly busy irl+other parts of the site rn; as such, I'm looking for people to co-host NDOT teambuilding competition. I'll explain the job to you, don't worry, and you'll be invited to a secret server of cool people, so there's that. please reach out to me via PMs or DMs (discord: zastra) if you're interested.

on another note, due to the format's popularity, I'm also considering replacing one of the tiers with National Dex AAA. it'll likely be National Dex BH due to its pretty low activity; so, if you have any objections, or suggestions, please let me know! you may also use this thread to post your views.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)