Projects ND Other Tiers Teambuilding Competition [CYCLE 15: NDRU DIGGERSBY! Congrats to DanBear02 on winning Cycle 14!]

and the winner is, by a landslide, Velcroc! congrats!

it is now time to reveal the surprise tier. aaaaaand the surprise tier and mon for cycle 6 is....
:sv/volcarona:
CYCLE 6: ND GG Volcarona!
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Roost

how will you support the bug? you have 1 week to build.​

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
Quick note: if paired with a god with a Defense stat under 109, then use a spread of 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe with a Timid nature for optimization.

Evie

Nobody gets me like you
is a Tiering Contributor
:ss/gholdengo::ss/ogerpon-wellspring::ss/volcarona::ss/zacian-crowned::ss/gliscor::ss/hoopa-unbound:

Pretty unconventional team here, with a lot of interesting synergies. CB Hoopa can force tricks onto defensive pokemon, allowing Gholdengo, Ogerpon, Volcarona, or Zacian to setup completely safely, while also acting as an incredibly strong breaker and cleaner. Ogerpon can do the same thing but with Encore as it’s about to die. For example, a lot of teams use Skarmory or Ferrothorn as an Ogerpon check, and if they’re encored, then one of the 3 other setup sweepers can come in and setup for free. Gholdengo and Gliscor provide some semblance of a defensive core, but its a very offensive team, so they’re mainly used to not instalose to things like Tapu Koko. Zacian was chosen as a god as it gives a great speed for Hoopa and good other stats to be able to use everything I wanted to.

:SV/Tapu Fini::SV/Chien-Pao::SV/Volcarona::SV/Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::SV/Tornadus-Therian::SV/Clodsire:
Volc invites in walls like Gliscor, Clodsire, and Skeledirge so I'm running Chien-Pao to take advantage of those switches. NDM goes well with them giving Chien-Pao an incredible attack stat while making Volc quite defensively potent. Scarf Fini beats opposing Chien-Pao and can set up Misty Terrain to block Toxic and Trick a Scarf on defensive checks like Alomomola and Clodsire. Water Absorb Clodsire helps with Rain and Kyogre and sets up hazards. It also blocks Flip Turn from Alomomola. Tornadus-T provides me with a resilient Defog user and pivot. Fini has the speed and special attack to outspeed and OHKO Chien-Pao and Necrozma outspeeds Weavile after Ultra Burst.

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
:sv/gliscor::sv/samurott-hisui::sv/volcarona::sv/arceus-fairy::sv/alomomola::sv/gholdengo:
hsam is an interesting form of anti-set up, surprising pokemon like ogerpon, zacian-c, and sacred sword chien-pao trying to set up on it. the rest is pretty standard however. this was my first time building for this tier, so the gg channel was a huge asset for me. i chose arc-f because it is a good god while being different to the two above. alomomola is my form of pivoting and provides recovery to hsam and ghold, the two pokemon that don't have any, gliscor does gliscor things while also being my hazard removal and ghold is one hell of a revenge killer and trick crippler

Last edited:

Runo

I get imposter syndrome from playing mons!!!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Congratz to Aera on winning cycle 6!

:sv/Necrozma-Ultra:
Cycle 7: ND Ubers Swords Dance Ultra Necrozma
Necrozma-Dusk Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / X-Scissor

Ultra Necrozma's main claim to fame has been its monstrous Dragon Dance sets that allow it to wreck havoc against common defensive and offensive structures. However, people tend to look over another strong set in Swords Dance. At +2 Ultra Necrozma becomes insanely difficult to wall even with sturdy checks Arceus-Dark and Thunder Wave Necrozma-Dusk-Mane getting overwhelmed after some slight chip damage. How will you support such an elite wallbreaker?

You have 1 week to build​

Weirdhamster

Banned deucer.
:SV/ho-oh::SV/zygarde::SV/arceus-dark::SV/groudon-primal::SV/necrozma-dusk-mane::SV/ditto:

The main team idea is pretty simple. On team preview, it looks like a standard ditto balance. However, due to the sheer amount of Pokémon that learn thunder wave, there’s much more to the team. With 4 out of 6 team members knowing the move thunder wave (or glare in zygardes case), it is fully possible to get a majority of the opponents team paralyzed quickly. After this, Necrozma shouldn’t have too many issues to be enabled to sweep.

Of course this is a bit more troublesome to do against HO, or other offensive teams, but considering how balance often has a natural positive matchup against offensive teams, it shouldn’t be too much of a struggle.

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
:sv/necrozma-ultra::sv/xerneas::sv/groudon-primal::sv/marshadow::sv/zygarde-complete::sv/salamence-mega:
this is a standard balance squad which i mainly slapped together and then asked for feedback on the ndubers discord, but the xern spread was suggested by someone which i found interesting, so i changed it from the smogdex one, which was meant to eb used against choice scarf korai. sd necrozma is powerful, but has trouble against stuff like zyg-c, so xern is there for a special sweeper and just to be broken, pdon does pdon things, and zyg-c and sala-m form a pretty good core when partnered with pdon, basically walling a lot of threats that would otherwise be troublesome for the team

:sv/shuckle: :sv/necrozma-ultra: :sv/xerneas: :sv/marshadow: :sv/yveltal: :sv/groudon-primal:

Just a sticky webs HO approach to this set.

:shuckle: setups Sticky Web and Stealth Rock so :groudon-primal: doesn't have to, as well as Final Gambit to ensure it faints (to get the ball rolling).

:xerneas: switches into the dark moves that threaten :necrozma-ultra: and punishes them with Geomancy. Tera Electric Tbolt OHKOs :Ho-Oh: and comes close to fainting :necrozma-dusk-mane: as well.

:marshadow: gives me a spin-blocker against :excadrill: and :terapagos:, while spamming Poltergeist. Rock Tomb is also to hit :ho-oh: and stop defog.

:yveltal: has taunt which stops defog, as well as potential reverse-sweeps from opposing :xerneas: (if I get a good predict). :marshadow: already gives me priority so I can use Heat Wave to snipe :zacian-crowned: if necessary.

:groudon-primal: with Eruption benefits well from webs support, being able to deal massive damage to :dondozo: and :arceus-dark:/:arceus-ground:, two common switch-ins, while having Swords Dance to add more pressure on the opponent with EdgeQuake coverage.

Runo

:sv/Yveltal::sv/Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::sv/Groudon-Primal::sv/Zygarde::sv/Arceus-Fairy::sv/Ho-oh:

Yveltal handles opposing Ultra Necrozma while also being able to check SD Pdon for the team while also being a decent check to Marshadow, Zygarde, and Arceus. Ultra Necrozma is built around obv, but I chose to run a Adamant Nature with X-Scissor to maximize my chances of breaking threats such as Arc-Dark and defensive NDM. Spikes Pdon is the Xerneas check and makes for a good hazard stacking core with Arceus-Fairy to support Ultra Necrozma. Zygarde-C is used to handle Pdon and better deal with Marshadow in conjunction with Arc-Fairy and Yveltal. Also spreads paralysis with Ho-Oh to help out Ultra Necrozma. Arceus is to check offensive Yveltal for the team while also being a solid answer to Coil Zygarde-C. Ho-Oh is the hazard control but ideally its reserved for last ditch scenarios where you really need hazards off. Otherwise you would be better off trying to hazard stack with Pdon and Arceus-Fairy. It's the offensive variant in order to make the team less passive into threats such as bulky Pogre and Eternatus.

Runo

:SV/ho-oh::SV/zygarde::SV/arceus-dark::SV/groudon-primal::SV/necrozma-dusk-mane::SV/ditto:

The main team idea is pretty simple. On team preview, it looks like a standard ditto balance. However, due to the sheer amount of Pokémon that learn thunder wave, there’s much more to the team. With 4 out of 6 team members knowing the move thunder wave (or glare in zygardes case), it is fully possible to get a majority of the opponents team paralyzed quickly. After this, Necrozma shouldn’t have too many issues to be enabled to sweep.

Of course this is a bit more troublesome to do against HO, or other offensive teams, but considering how balance often has a natural positive matchup against offensive teams, it shouldn’t be too much of a struggle.
^A

:sv/necrozma-ultra::sv/xerneas::sv/groudon-primal::sv/marshadow::sv/zygarde-complete::sv/salamence-mega:
this is a standard balance squad which i mainly slapped together and then asked for feedback on the ndubers discord, but the xern spread was suggested by someone which i found interesting, so i changed it from the smogdex one, which was meant to eb used against choice scarf korai. sd necrozma is powerful, but has trouble against stuff like zyg-c, so xern is there for a special sweeper and just to be broken, pdon does pdon things, and zyg-c and sala-m form a pretty good core when partnered with pdon, basically walling a lot of threats that would otherwise be troublesome for the team
^B

:sv/shuckle: :sv/necrozma-ultra: :sv/xerneas: :sv/marshadow: :sv/yveltal: :sv/groudon-primal:

Just a sticky webs HO approach to this set.

:shuckle: setups Sticky Web and Stealth Rock so :groudon-primal: doesn't have to, as well as Final Gambit to ensure it faints (to get the ball rolling).

:xerneas: switches into the dark moves that threaten :necrozma-ultra: and punishes them with Geomancy. Tera Electric Tbolt OHKOs :Ho-Oh: and comes close to fainting :necrozma-dusk-mane: as well.

:marshadow: gives me a spin-blocker against :excadrill: and :terapagos:, while spamming Poltergeist. Rock Tomb is also to hit :ho-oh: and stop defog.

:yveltal: has taunt which stops defog, as well as potential reverse-sweeps from opposing :xerneas: (if I get a good predict). :marshadow: already gives me priority so I can use Heat Wave to snipe :zacian-crowned: if necessary.

:groudon-primal: with Eruption benefits well from webs support, being able to deal massive damage to :dondozo: and :arceus-dark:/:arceus-ground:, two common switch-ins, while having Swords Dance to add more pressure on the opponent with EdgeQuake coverage.
^C

:sv/Yveltal::sv/Necrozma-Dusk-Mane::sv/Groudon-Primal::sv/Zygarde::sv/Arceus-Fairy::sv/Ho-oh:

Yveltal handles opposing Ultra Necrozma while also being able to check SD Pdon for the team while also being a decent check to Marshadow, Zygarde, and Arceus. Ultra Necrozma is built around obv, but I chose to run a Adamant Nature with X-Scissor to maximize my chances of breaking threats such as Arc-Dark and defensive NDM. Spikes Pdon is the Xerneas check and makes for a good hazard stacking core with Arceus-Fairy to support Ultra Necrozma. Zygarde-C is used to handle Pdon and better deal with Marshadow in conjunction with Arc-Fairy and Yveltal. Also spreads paralysis with Ho-Oh to help out Ultra Necrozma. Arceus is to check offensive Yveltal for the team while also being a solid answer to Coil Zygarde-C. Ho-Oh is the hazard control but ideally its reserved for last ditch scenarios where you really need hazards off. Otherwise you would be better off trying to hazard stack with Pdon and Arceus-Fairy. It's the offensive variant in order to make the team less passive into threats such as bulky Pogre and Eternatus.
^D

You have 2 days to vote

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)