Sports NBA Thread: 2022-2023 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
i think anyone would want jrue holiday on their team tbh, blazers wanting some assets make sense but man, he's a fantastic defender and his 3 point shots are finally going in consistently. i would be very annoyed if the lakers got him but we'll c

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
God this trade just makes the Celtics worse, Jrue for their bench depth just isn’t good. Rob Williams and Brogdon is an awful trade.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
happy jrue gets to play on the c's, unhappy we (bucks) may have to play against him in crunch time, happy the celts paid a heavy price. would be ok celts losing every playoff game to us 80-100 where jrue gets 80 points fr

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
God this trade just makes the Celtics worse, Jrue for their bench depth just isn’t good. Rob Williams and Brogdon is an awful trade.
I happen to disagree, yeah letting go of Rob Williams sucks, but they were really lacking a point guard (Brogdan is okay). Holiday is just such a good defensive player (Smart caliber) he also at least has 3 good years left IMO. I think getting Porzingis is what the Celtics had in mind and needed to probably replace Rob Williams long term. That contract will be missed, I thought it was a good deal. Hard to swallow but I feel like Jrue Holiday genuinely makes them a contender to win it all.

Jrue was needed. Lillard is too dangerous to contain with simply the guys they had in the backcourt. You also take Jrue from other potential contenders. I like it, and they may not be done.

Paulluxx

I happen to disagree, yeah letting go of Rob Williams sucks, but they were really lacking a point guard (Brogdan is okay). Holiday is just such a good defensive player (Smart caliber) he also at least has 3 good years left IMO. I think getting Porzingis is what the Celtics had in mind and needed to probably replace Rob Williams long term. That contract will be missed, I thought it was a good deal. Hard to swallow but I feel like Jrue Holiday genuinely makes them a contender to win it all.
Rob Williams was the best defensive player on those Celtics teams, and yeah definitely I don’t think it was a bad trade. It’s just that this trade does make the Celtics worse, you trade away your best defender, for a replacement for last years PG.

From last year to this year, the Celtics lost Grant Williams, Robert Williams, Brogdon, and Smart. To gain Porzingis, and Jrue. Both definitely upgrades to the starting unit but, the team has gotten worse, and will be even worse in the playoffs. Cause Porzingis and Holiday both fall in playoffs.

I think that imo if they had found a way to make it just Brogdon+Horford and picks for Jrue, it would’ve been a much better trade. (Salary wise you’d have to trade one of them but, Horford is a ticking time bomb. Rob Williams is still getting better, Horford isn’t.

It makes them definitely worse than last year.

Defense is certainly taking a backseat for the contenders in the East. Gotta say Bucks may have the better end of it since they swapped point of attack defense for offense, while Celtics swapped interior D for point of attack D.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Rob Williams was the best defensive player on those Celtics teams, and yeah definitely I don’t think it was a bad trade. It’s just that this trade does make the Celtics worse, you trade away your best defender, for a replacement for last years PG.

From last year to this year, the Celtics lost Grant Williams, Robert Williams, Brogdon, and Smart. To gain Porzingis, and Jrue. Both definitely upgrades to the starting unit but, the team has gotten worse, and will be even worse in the playoffs. Cause Porzingis and Holiday both fall in playoffs.

I think that imo if they had found a way to make it just Brogdon+Horford and picks for Jrue, it would’ve been a much better trade. (Salary wise you’d have to trade one of them but, Horford is a ticking time bomb. Rob Williams is still getting better, Horford isn’t.

It makes them definitely worse than last year.
Brogdon didn’t want to be on the Celtics anymore and Rob Williams was always injured. I liked Rob a lot but this makes the Celtics decidedly better because now they have a solid shot creator who is a great PoA defender as well. This is a HUGE win for them imo

Paulluxx

Brogdon didn’t want to be on the Celtics anymore and Rob Williams was always injured. I liked Rob a lot but this makes the Celtics decidedly better because now they have a solid shot creator who is a great PoA defender as well. This is a HUGE win for them imo
Yeah except Porzingis is nearly as injury prone and now they have less depth there, he’s their best insurance against Giannis. And they traded him and their best bench scorer for the ability to guard Dame in playoffs. It’s a very specific trade, and the thing is. He’s not really an efficient shot creator in the playoffs. I’m very very sure that in the likely situation where it’s ECF, White+RobWill is better than Jrue+Tingus Pingus vs Giannis and Dame.

Paulluxx

Agreed they've had an incredible quick rebuild and I think they're still trying to move Jerami Grants terrible contract
They can't move Jerami until february but they're definitely thinking of moving him yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)