Nature's Fear (Now Playable!)

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
The fact that Bisharp has some checks, doesn't change that it's overcentralized for this meta: if you don't have a serious way to deal with it, you'll lose 6-0.
Also I don't think there's a good counter for it.

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
The fact that Bisharp has some checks, doesn't change that it's overcentralized for this meta: if you don't have a serious way to deal with it, you'll lose 6-0.
Also I don't think there's a good counter for it.
Doesn't physdef Quagsire deal with it pretty nicely? I'm on phone so I can't calc, but Unaware seems nicely anti-meta.

252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 161-191 (40.8 - 48.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Yup. Serious Poliwrath is the real counter you're looking for, though.

Hmm... I could see here high crit chance sets being second the most eficient way to deal with Nature Fear. Ignoring your debuf on Attack could be handy, and ignoring positive boost on defense from Contrary pokemon. is also something what we could deal with.

Another strategy what could work especialy against Physical Nature Fear - Belly Drum. Ability to maximise your attack, while oponent will propably sometimes just swap his pokemon for that debuff could be sometimes effective. Not that much against, full attack debuf spam, but if oponent have, let's say two "Intimidate" users, you will be able to OHKO one of them on switch. If not one of them - propably something will be KOed.

Also... IF Bisharp will be banned, there is also a lot of other Defiant/Competetive users what gain similar boost. Also earlier mentioned Contrary...

> Meta where Defiant is amazing
> Meta where Bisharp dominates.

me: Hey, guys, remember Primeape?
Not to be rude, but Tornadus-I is more threatening than Primeape.

Tornadus-I has better stats and much better coverage along with an arguably better typing

I think it was more a reference to Primeape being a Defiant users that resists Sucker Punch. That said...

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Primeape: 248-292 (91.5 - 107.7%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Primeape: 272-320 (100.3 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO

...you'll need defensive investment to actually take it on.

Primeape seems pretty good though. Great coverage + choice scarf lets it clean up team pretty good, and it's also worth noting: although it can't revenge or switch into Bisharp, it also can't be revenged by Bisharp, letting it get a lot more mileage as a cleaner in a meta where Bisharp is the top dog. Comparing it to Tornadus-I is kinda silly too imo since they are completely different in terms of type + moveset requirements. It's worth noting that Tornadus' strongest physical Flying move requires it to not run an item, and with a Stealth Rock weakness too it just sucks as a Scarf user, while Primeape looks pretty solid at that.

I love the idea of this meta and I can't wait to try out Wiggles and Milotic (which can either use Haze to remove buffs from Mons like Bisharp or a move like D-Tail to accumulate more boosts when using competitive). I was also wondering whether there maybe potential for something like Physical Serp or Special Malamar seeing as debuffs are more plentiful (or at least putting a move on to hit the other side of the spectrum). Also Defiant Empoleon could be a lot better in this meta due to being able to boost while phasing (via Roar).
Something like this:

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Steel Wing
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

No attack investment as it is meant to be bulky and passively do damage rather than sweep/clean and also gets an instant +2 whenever anything switches in (assuming no -attack natures fear or intimidates you start with 416 attack) and the lowered speed is for potentially out speeding a bisharp later in the game and then Aqua Jetting/Roaring depending on your preference and the Bisharp's remaining HP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)