Resource National Dex UU Sample Teams

credits to Dybala jr for the amazing banner!

National Dex UU Sample Teams

These are the current sample teams for the National Dex UU tier. These teams allow you to instantly step into the ladder and get used to how the meta looks and feels. These teams also help you see how certain playstyles are structured, from Hyper Offense to Stall, it helps give you an idea on how to make your own teams. These teams will be updated depending on if certain mons in the samples rise or become significantly outclassed by a drop or a different mon.

Bulky Offense

- LO Hydreigon Bulky Offense by N_Mareanie
- RestTalk Primarina + Hydreigon Bulky Offense by MudkipBeans
- Scizor + Hex Chandelure Bulky Offense by Arishem
- Rhyperior + Zarude Bulky Offense by Arishem

---

Balance

- Glowbro + CB Bisharp Balance by Arishem
- SD Bulu + Tentacruel Balance by Arishem
- Dracozolt Sand Balance by Arishem

---

Hyper Offense

- Flip Turn Swampert Hyper Offense by astralydia
- Ghost Spam Hyper Offense by MudkipBeans & Arishem

Last edited:
It's a Volt-Turn team. I wonder if Scizor is supposed to have U-Turn instead of Knock Off here?
Its probably a name error since the team was supposed to have Bulky SD Zor, which usually didn't fit U-Turn back then. The Sample is also outdated (Alakazam Meta iirc) but later on we are planning to have these updated for the current meta (Post Melmetal Ban).

Insou

formerly LoveStallLiveLife
Z Diancie Stall
:Umbreon: :Skarmory: :Amoonguss: :Diancie: :Quagsire: :Slowbro-Galar:
Team Description
Since chansey is not in the tier for some reason, Umbreon is the next best special defensive wall to tank common wallbreakers such as Nidoking. Umbreon with the help of the regen core of amoongus+slowbro galar handles a defensive celesteela as it can stall out leech seed and heavy slam spams. Diancie on the other hand comfortably walls Gmolt which is currently being suspected, as well as common meteor beamers like celesteela and nihilegio. Diance is the team's main cleric with heal bell as opposed to umbreon as a wish passer to free up a slot for toxic. Z Heal Bell restores it back to full hp while removing all status ailments. Quagsire on the other hand deals with common set up users like salamence and dragonite. The team may struggle to deal with feraligatr if amoongus and skarmory are worn down. Lastly Slowbro Galar+amoongus core deals with banded shifu. Slowbro Galar can sweep lategame with its cm set once its threats have been eliminated.

Meminger21

Lágrimas Ocultas
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to submit some of the teams that I built woth the help of R1C3M4N build during NDPL. Some of them were also used more than once by different people proving that they are good. Another thing that I'd like to point out is that in my opinion every serious team in NatDex UU (apart maybe from Stall) must have a Z-move user.

:salamence: :slowking: :urshifu-rapid-strike: :zeraora: :skarmory: :nidoqueen:
This team is built around the core of Urshifu-R and Future Sight Slowking. The main checks to Urshifu-R are really threatened by Psychic attacks so both make a pretty solid core even seeing use in SS OU. The rest of the team helps vs some match-ups and Zeraora in particular is also a really good Future Sight abuser. The Z-move in the team is hold by Slowking to help vs Amoonguss mainly, but it can pick some surprise koes. Slowking spread lives band Krookodile and outspeeds minimun speed Amoonguss. There was also another version with Terrakion instead of Urshifu-R, but personallly I think Urshifu-R is better here. Urshifu-R can also have Taunt instead of Ice Punch, but there isn't many mons to Taunt and Hitting Salamence is really relevant.

:Porygon-Z: :Nihilego: :Salamence: :Sharpedo-Mega: :Froslass: :Scizor:
This is my HO contribution. I don't think this is the best HO in this tier, but I do think it needs to have at least one HO in the sample teams.

:Terrakion: :Skarmory: :Rotom-Wash: :Hippowdon: :Zarude-Dada: :Slowbro-Galar:
This is a team that I really like, I don't think it had the same impact as HO or Future Sight Urshifu-R, but I'm really proud of it. It's a hazard stack team that usually is very slow with a bunch of bulky mons that form a pretty solid core. It also helps Terrakion break opposing teams offering safe switch-ins with Volt Switch and U-turn and residual damage with hazards.

Serperior @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dragon Pulse

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Curse
- Yawn
- Protect

Gyarados-Mega (M) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

Ceruledge @ Assault Vest
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bitter Blade
- Flame Charge
- Shadow Sneak
- Night Shade

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Leech Life
- Close Combat

Blaziken @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Flamethrower
- Aura Sphere
- Scorching Sands

Im a little new to this and would like to recieve some feedback. Anything helps.
Hello here! Unfortunately this is the wrong place to post a sample team submission (This is gen 8). We currently aren't looking for anything or working on Gen 9 Samples just yet and sadly the team is just a mix of really random mons and sets (apologizing in case it's a bit rude). Appreciating the post tho, here's the link for the gen 9 ND UU sub forum https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/national-dex-uu.751/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)