Project National Dex UU Heat

:infernape: National Dex UU Heat :dracozolt:
Welcome to the National Dex UU Heat thread! This thread will be used to share your effective and creative sets for National Dex UU. Here are some guidelines to acknowledge before posting.​
What is "heat"?
Heat can be a non-standard/underused pokemon, a standard pokemon with a creative movepool or a non-standard team / archetype that can successfully be used within the vicinity of Natdex UU.

:seismitoad: Seismitoad @ Expert Belt :seismitoad:
Ability: Water Absorb
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
What is not "heat"?
Gimmicks that only value comes from shock factor or complete matchup fishing is not heat. I will advise you to change your post or delete it.

:deoxys-defense: Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers :deoxys-defense:
Ability: Pressure
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Teleport
- Toxic​
Posting Guidelines
  • Provide valid detail of what your heat accomplishes
  • Replays are encouraged
  • Feel free to add constructive and thoughtful criticism
  • As always treat others with respect
Happy Posting!

Had to come back to forums after seeing this thread

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
https://pokepast.es/24d1ef566ad2c123

keld has been increasing in popularity as of late, but most kelds i've seen are choiced. These variants are very nice for their combination of speed and power, but can struggle against common fat mons like malt, amoonguss, tangrowth, slowking and friends. sub cm gives keld more longevity with leftovers and allows it to beat amoonguss and slowking, 2 of keld's most hated enemies due to their insane longevity with regenerator. If keld can successfully set up on these, it usually immediately wins the game because of its speed and resistance to common priority moves. The team provided has seen significance tournament success although it could probably be further optimized.

MLP (Keldeo) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Air Slash
https://pokepast.es/873749d31bc964ff

This set allows keld to more immediately lure/threaten the grasses and malt with a boosted z air slash. Works even better with pursuit a la bisharp, which can chip malt into +1 z range and trap those pesky fat psychic types. This paste is a little outdated but probably fares well enough if you're willing to take the L vs celesteela

The goat is now a project host :O

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 136 Atk / 152 SpA / 220 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Ice Beam

Daunt in general is never used in NDUU, so using the mon in general could be considered heat. I like using the extremely heat mixed set, it's both a terrifying breaker and an effective lure to certain common mons. Ice Beam allows it to easily break through the common Dragon and Grass types in the tier, notably Salamence, Zarude, and Tangrowth (after you knock the AV). The most important thing this set does is reliably lure Altaria, nuking it pre mega evolution with Ice Beam. Alt taking reduced damage from Knock means people will nearly always switch it into Crawdaunt, so it's very easy to predict around it.

After browsing the damage calc for a solid 5 minutes, I've found that these evs are to OHKO max HP Altaria before Mega. Speed for Azu creepers, dump Atk.
:Dragonite::Skarmory::Rhyperior::Mienshao::Crawdaunt::Azelf:
This is the team I made this set for, I needed a way to remove Alt for this Dnite to sweep. Once the fairy types are gone it's extremely hard to answer Dragon + Fire coverage. Very old team because I haven't been using heat lately. Lots of rough matchups but it can play around most of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)