Project National Dex Teambuilding Lab V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to request so soon, but I'd like to request a Sand Offense Team that uses Hippowdon, Mega Garchomp (Scale Shot set), and Magnezone. I really think Mega Garchomp in the sand with Scale Shot can be deadly and that Magnezone enables it to be more deadly because it doesn't have to run Fire Fang for Ferrothorn, Corviknight, etc. I would build the team myself but I don't have the slighest clue about how to build a Sand Team.

spell

destined
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to request so soon, but I'd like to request a Sand Offense Team that uses Hippowdon, Mega Garchomp (Scale Shot set), and Magnezone. I really think Mega Garchomp in the sand with Scale Shot can be deadly and that Magnezone enables it to be more deadly because it doesn't have to run Fire Fang for Ferrothorn, Corviknight, etc. I would build the team myself but I don't have the slighest clue about how to build a Sand Team.
Hello, your request features 3 mons, which we do not do as that tends to limit our creativity/viability of the team when it comes to building. To further add to the viability aspect of this, Mega-Garchomp sand isn't all that good since it stacks roles and weaknesses while not offering enough to set itself apart from other set-up wincons normally used on sand. You can still request something, of course -- but make sure that it doesn't breach our limit of 3 Pokemon.

1633622316807.png1633622343100.png <---- Click sprites

These 2 pokemon in my opinion pair very well, they can help with each others checks like loppuny dealing with blissey, chansey, and can pressure pokemon like sp def clefable, and tapu fini, Hydreigon in return helps with toxapex, can break through bold clefable, and defensive zapdos with Nasty plot and groundium z.

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
View attachment 376480View attachment 376481 <---- Click sprites

These 2 pokemon in my opinion pair very well, they can help with each others checks like loppuny dealing with blissey, chansey, and can pressure pokemon like sp def clefable, and tapu fini, Hydreigon in return helps with toxapex, can break through bold clefable, and defensive zapdos with Nasty plot and groundium z.
Hi, we have already had two LopDrei teams built here and here, so we arent going to do this request, sorry!

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I love teams that use Slow Pivot into Heavy hitters, One of my favorite pivot cores is CorvBliss, So can I get a team that uses them
:heatran: :volcanion: :diancie-mega: :corviknight: :blissey: :landorus-therian:

Hi friend, my apologies for the late reply, but this core was extremely hard to build around xd. Anyways, heres my take on it. I opted for HWish Blissey + a offensive core of Mega Diancie + Volcanion, as they often get worn down and struggle to last long term. Scarf Lando T provides speed control and a way to revenge Mega Latias, and Air Balloon Heatran gives us a makeshift Heatran check alongside Blissey, Volcanion, Lando T, and Mega Diancie, as well as also providing Rocks and a CM Clefable check. Hope you like the team !

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Requesting a team of Mega Latios double trap (Pursuit + Magnet Pull) coz Psychic and Steel Elimination clears Mega Latios path for breaking
:latios-mega: :magnezone: :weavile: :tapu-fini: :heatran: :landorus-therian:
This team was built by Avery and omicorio, taking advantage of Magnezone’s Magnet Pull to turn Tapu Fini, Mega Latios, and Weavile into big threats. Mega Latios, in addition to being a potentialky fierce wallbreaker, gives the team some defensive utility against Rillaboom and Zapdos. Magnezone handles Steel-types, using a Substitute set to completely remove Mawile and get big chunks of damage on Heatran. Weavile removes bulky Psychic-types, revenge kills a number of opposing Pokemon, and keeps Blacephalon at bay. Tapu Fini is free to use Calm Mind here, becoming a terrific sweeper once its checks in Grass- and Electric-types have been removed. It’s also the primary answer to Heatran and Ash-Greninja. Heatran answers Tapu Lele anf Calm Mind Clefable, while pressuring a number of its switch-ins with Toxic. Lastly, defensive Landorus-T shores up a few rough matchups like against Mega Lopunny and Kartana, provides an Electric and Ground immunity, and brings Stealth Rock to the table.

I'm looking for a team that involves ditto and victini.
:victini: :ditto: :ferrothorn: :hydreigon: :gliscor: :scizor-mega:
Avery (somehow) managed to make this, setting up conditions for SD Gliscor or SD Mega Scizor to sweep. To this end, they are paired with Spikes to wear down switch-ins and Ditto to check opposing set-up sweepers and to remove opposing Magnezone. Hydreigon is a decent wallbreaker that doubles as the Ash-Greninja check and Defogger, while Victini checks big threats to the team in Mega Medicham, Mega Charizard Y, and Tapu Lele.

After getting permission, I'd like to request a—preferably non-stall—team based around Nihilego
:landorus-therian: :magnezone: :tangrowth: :gastrodon: :corviknight: :nihilego:
Avery and Optify put this together, taking advantage of Nihilego’s ability to absorb Toxic Spikes and break stall to support a balance team weak to both. With Magnezone support, virtually nothing stops SD Rockium Z Landorus-T after a boost, making it a powerful way to soften defensive teams, in addition to having a bevy of defensive traits that are hard to find on offensive Pokemon (notably an Electric immunity and Intimidate). Magnezone can also trap Steels for Nihilego, giving its Toxic Spikes even more weight in matches. Tangrowth, Gastrodon, and Corviknight cover almost the entire offensive metagame, the latter two appreciating Nihilego’s absorption of Toxic Spikes. Lastly, Nihilego checks Mega Charizard Y, sets and absorbs Toxic Spikes, and breaks stall with Meteor Beam and Pain Split, which aptly glues the team together.

On another note, we are going to start being more strict with lab requests. It’s not really motivating to any of the builders when they receive an impossible request, like “Blacephalon + Mega Sableye”, and it’s quite restricting to the builder when 3 Pokemon are requested. Thus, we are limiting requests to a maximum of two Pokemon and require an explanation of how the core works. As a result, Dorron* and lifemap your requests will both have to be denied. Feel free to request something else!

*Although omi would build your request if you remove the Magnezone

Last edited:

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
Then I am requesting a Slowking-G + Chomp core. Slowking can switch into most special attackers such as the majority of fairy types, greninja, and kyurem, as well as giving support to SD Rocks Chomp, who can kill almost anything at +2 and after Fsight and rocks damage. Chomp can also deal with drill and ttar for slowking (Solaros & Lunaris you forgot to link the nihilego team)

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leech Seed
- Substitute / Protect
- Giga Drain / Dragon Pulse
- Dragon Pulse / HP Fire / Focus Blast / Protect

Haven't seen much love for this baby on the forum, so putting in a request. It's one of the few mons in the tier that naturally outspeeds the omnipresent Mega Lopunny and 4x resists Grassy Glide and Water Shuriken. I've used a SubSeed set in prior gens and gotten some good effect, wondering if there's a way it can be adapted to Nat Dex. I think it could work well on a Spikes offense kind of build. For attacks, I'm leaving those kind of open-ended. Double STAB is usually what I run, but HP Fire 2HKOs Ferrothorn and OHKOs Scizor after Spikes and Leech Seed recovery. Focus Blast OHKOs Heatran after spikes + LS. STAB + Protect is helpful for scouting and to rack up more Leech Seed recovery; Protect could be used over Substitute but makes you more vulnerable to status. I've used this thing to successfully stall out Chansey and 6-0 rain teams. Just wondering if there's hope for him yet.

252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sceptile-Mega in Grassy Terrain: 75-88 (26.6 - 31.3%) -- 21.4% chance to 4HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Water Shuriken (20 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sceptile-Mega in Rain: 72-84 (25.6 - 29.8%) -- approx. 4HKO

adem

her

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute / Protect
- Giga Drain / Dragon Pulse
- Dragon Pulse / HP Fire / Focus Blast / Protect

Haven't seen much love for this baby on the forum, so putting in a request. It's one of the few mons in the tier that naturally outspeeds the omnipresent Mega Lopunny and 4x resists Grassy Glide and Water Shuriken. I've used a SubSeed set in prior gens and gotten some good effect, wondering if there's a way it can be adapted to Nat Dex. I think it could work well on a Spikes offense kind of build. For attacks, I'm leaving those kind of open-ended. Double STAB is usually what I run, but HP Fire 2HKOs Ferrothorn and OHKOs Scizor after Spikes and Leech Seed recovery. Focus Blast OHKOs Heatran after spikes + LS. STAB + Protect is helpful for scouting and to rack up more Leech Seed recovery; Protect could be used over Substitute but makes you more vulnerable to status. I've used this thing to successfully stall out Chansey and 6-0 rain teams. Just wondering if there's hope for him yet.

252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sceptile-Mega in Grassy Terrain: 75-88 (26.6 - 31.3%) -- 21.4% chance to 4HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Water Shuriken (20 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sceptile-Mega in Rain: 72-84 (25.6 - 29.8%) -- approx. 4HKO
Hi, as stated in the rules -
  • A Pokémon can only be requested if it's listed somewhere on the Viability Rankings thread. Exceptions can be made with prior approval from the host.
Mega Sceptile is sadly unviable and unusable in NatDex OU, so we will have to deny this request. You are free to make a new request with a different Pokemon / Core.

Avaritia

Sylvain stan
Hello, I'd like to request a team built around these two folks:

:sm/latios-mega: :sm/volcarona:

Latios (M) @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Roost

The idea is that this coverage from Latios-Mega allows it to power through most opposing Pokemon except for some Steel-types such as Scizor-Mega and Mawile-Mega; Volcarona can thus be used to repeatedly check these Pokemon and pressure them. As a side-effect, Latios can pressure (but not switch into, obviously) other Dragon-types that would otherwise pain Volcarona.

Don't really care if the sets are changed especially Volcarona's; surprise me with a 3a Volcarona offensive team if needed :psywoke:

I tried to build this team but kept getting stuck in some too-familiar cores like Lando-Fini-Tran or Corv-Clef-Pex :psycry: so if you could avoid those same trappings that would also be amazing

Hello, I'd like to request a non HO team with Protean Greninja(as long as it is not a suicide lead, it's fine).
With most teams out there running Fini+Lando+Tran, I really think that Protean Gren has great potential to break them apart for another mon to sweep :]

Hello! I'd like to request a team built around these two!

I'm open to using Urshifu Single-Strike instead, but I know it's not in the VR so that's a no. I don't have any restrictions or specific requests outside of having these two mons on the team. I'm super open to any set. Any creativity would be greatly welcome!

Last edited:
Hey peeps, whats popping! Was wondering if any1 was willing to build smth w/ these two for me:
:mawile-mega: + :waterium z::greninja:

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fire Fang

Greninja (M) @ Waterium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power Fire

Special based protgren takes advantage of mmaws common answers like tran and sciz that are trying to check physical based or scarf protgrens by bopping them on the switch w/ its stab s/e coverage + its able to very reliably set spikes to put everything in mmaws range. You can adjust the sets to ur liking, even going sd knock mmaw if u feel like it would fit the style of the team better. Thx broskis!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)