Project National Dex OU Team Bazaar

Been building like crazy the past few days both for ndlc and for laddering purposes, just wanted to share the non-secret ones

:mew: :bisharp: :landorus-therian: :gyarados-mega: :serperior: :garchomp:

https://pokepast.es/9e037311c3fb2266 - unique ho w/ an offbeat mew set that i've been talking abt lately, flyinium lando, bish, and lo chomp. altho i forgor why chomp was here when i have lando EDIT: it was because my team was 6-0'd by volcarona without it

:torkoal: :venusaur: :kartana: :heatran: :garchomp-mega: :tapu-fini:

https://pokepast.es/bfe4194840b4fbe8 - pretty basic sun team, nothing more to say

:dracozolt: :hippowdon: :toxapex: :rotom-wash: :ferrothorn: :lopunny-mega:

https://pokepast.es/562c7ebdd41831fe - dracozolt is a cool mon and i love digging deep into a mon's movepool to find weird shit you can rarely justify, here tho having hwish on mlop is very helpful for giving draco increased flexibility w/ how it manages it's normally pretty limited timer

:reuniclus: :weavile: :scizor-mega: :gliscor: :toxapex: :kartana:

https://pokepast.es/4493c65e76b8ce6b - i love reuniclus so much

:tapu-lele: :gallade-mega: :ferrothorn: :weavile: :toxapex: :gliscor:

https://pokepast.es/ceea1648f24aa0e3 - i love typespam so much, tho hmm i kinda wish i included maybe another pivot?

:kyurem: :magnezone: :lopunny-mega: :landorus-therian: :ferrothorn: :toxapex:

https://pokepast.es/37914337650a4678 - nobody told me the sub dd kyu evs so i made my own to outspeed scarf lando at +1

Last edited:

Dead by Daylight

facing the music
is a Pre-Contributor
:sm/Hoopa-unbound: :sm/weavile: :sm/Charizard-mega-Y: :sm/Landorus-therian: :sm/Kartana: :sm/Zapdos:

Hyperspace Oddity

This team uses the offensive core of Hoopa-Unbound and Charizard-Mega-Y. I was told to delete this team, but here I am.

Hoopa-Unbound The star of the show, Hoopa-U can demolish Stall cores such as Mega Sableye + Chansey, while also threatening Waters that don’t mind Solar Beam from Mega Charizard Y with its STABs and Tyranitar with Drain Punch. It also generally smashes holes in a core.

Mega Charizard Y Mega Charizard Y is a generally destructive wallbreaker, blasting through things that would otherwise check Hoopa such as Landorus-Therian and Steel- and Fairy-types such as Mega Scizor or Clefable. It also soft-checks U-turn spam.

Weavile Darkinium Z is a nuke of a set, taking down threats such as Heatran. Not much more to say here.

Landorus-Therian Landorus-T is the king of OU, and it provides major role compression on this team in terms of a Rocker and a pivot.

Kartana Kartana is the true Water killer. It provides Speed control and slices Waters to pieces, while having Weavile and Mega Zard take care of Grasses. It also threatens Mega Lopunny.

Zapdos Zapdos also brings role compression as a Mega Lopunny check that denies it U-turn while Defogging Rocks away. It also can keep itself healthy without being too much of a momentum sink with Roost.

Maybe sample? I’ve playtested it and it seems to work.

Last edited:
mediocre 1500-1600s player team dump. i'm really bad but natdex is super fun, probably my favorite despite the jank and "fakeness" of the tier. i feel like i'm finally making teams that better than the 1200-1300 range which is nice. this is about 1.25 years into competitive pokemon for me, and i'm having a blast. figured i might as well show off some terrible tech before the tier is officially out of date.

edit: click on images for paste!

decently successful squads:
:tapu-lele: :weavile: :aerodactyl-mega: :diggersby: :heatran: :kommo-o:
this is a team which i based on my current season of my primary draft league, replacing some worse pokemon with spdef heatran and kommonium-z kommo-o. diggersby could run spikes or coverage over knock. rock blast over stedge on aero because i'm traumatized even if the math works in stedge favor, technically.
:charizard-mega-x: :kyurem: :zapdos-galar: :greninja-ash: :regieleki: :kartana:
this team got me to 1500s on a fresh alt (why does a terrible player have alts?) fast as hell. i'm sure the random screens eleki is terrible and could probably be boots or normalium z. NMI kyurem is the hero of this team across a dozen ladder games and i've come to respect and enjoy it quite a lot. i had SD/flame charge on zardX as well, tho idk if that is as good/reliable.
:beedrill-mega: :greninja: :donphan: :kommo-o: :tapu-fini: :magnezone:
inspired by megas to the top season 3, i decided to try out my own mega bee HO team(s). i copied the defensive kommo spread from gen 8 ou cuz i'm a lazy hecker. no real rhyme or reason to this one, but it's pretty fun.
:aggron-mega: :umbreon: :gengar: :infernape: :gliscor: :tapu-fini:
i just wanted to use wish-pass aggron and infernape. it's actually a rather decent team, but could use work.
:staraptor: :tyranitar-mega: :tapu-koko: :hawlucha: :slowbro: :ferrothorn:
i wanted to use staraptor and kokolucha seemed like a fun overwhelm strat. slapped in some decent glue mons on top. loses hard to random elec spam or eleki i'm sure.
:latios-mega: :scizor: :zapdos-galar: :deoxys-defense: :toxapex: :chansey:
definitely not an optimized team. just a fan of flyz on gzap (and gmolt) wcyd. use RTSK's deoxys-d spread if you can find it. chansey pex just carries lmao
:gallade-mega: :hydreigon: :corviknight: :rotom-wash: :ferrothorn: :clefable:
still trying to figure this one out, but i wanted to use the combo of mgallade and hydreigon, even if this combo gets absolutely smashed by lele and clef.
:mawile-mega: :weavile: :garchomp: :gliscor: :tapu-fini: :tapu-lele:
i'd wanted to run a weavile-lele team and mega mawile is one of my favorite mons on top of that. not well-tested, but a fun squad. 4a mmaw rock z chomp scarf lele band weavile.
:tapu-lele: :kyurem: :kommo-o: :greninja: :gliscor: :ferrothorn:
could use refinement, but i wanted to find a composition that could run without a mega stone. definitely a theme i'd like to explore more, since it forces creativity in the solution. speaking of which...

bad but fun teams:
:staraptor: :starmie: :gliscor: :greninja-ash: :volcarona: :kartana:
i made a "mono ninja" account which inspired a lot of very fun teambuilds based on a ninja theme. i know i'm probably stretching some definitions/categories here, but it's for fun, so i don't really care. mono shuriken has been one of my most successful teams so far across the different formats i've taken this theme. can you tell that scarf kart is my favorite last-ditch defogger? i opted for the gen 8 ou defensive volc spread along with firium just because, and honestly it's been working out fine. i didn't mess with gliscor's spread and could use a more efficient one.
Mono Ninjas
:medicham-mega: :greninja: :scizor: :urshifu-rapid-strike: :mienshao: :kartana:
:weavile: :greninja: :scizor-mega: :urshifu-rapid-strike: :mienshao: :kartana:

shit teams no one should use (please help me):
:charizard-mega-x: :aegislash: :gliscor: :greninja-ash: :tapu-lele: :muk-alola:
someone please show me a cool offensive aegi set for nd
edit: ive found some hit me up if u want them :pog:
:mawile-mega: :hydreigon: :gliscor: :landorus-therian: :rotom-wash: :ferrothorn:
i just realized this team has gliscor lando lmfao
:mawile-mega: :greninja: :kyurem: :excadrill: :tapu-lele: :victini:
6 broken mons lazily schlepped together
:tyranitar: :garchomp-mega: :goodra: :salamence: :metagross: :dragonite:
unfortunately not as good as bitana's team
:garchomp-mega: :weavile: :nihilego: :tapu-lele: :zapdos: :magnezone:
text goes here

and that's probably more than anyone wanted to see. thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Two mega latias balances that I've made.

:gliscor: :clefable: :toxapex: :chansey: :skarmory: :latias-mega:

SD Gliscor is underrated imo, so I wanted to build a team around it. Electrium-Z on clef allows it to beat tran more easily, and it can actually kill phys. def pex. Pex + chansey + skarm forms the team's defensive core. MLati provides speed control and another wincon, while also breaking unaware walls with stored power. Knock is an option on gliscor or pex but ive never had a problem with no knock on this team.

:mew: :latias-mega: :chansey: :gastrodon: :skarmory: :clefable:

NP mew breaks through fat teams while also checking lele. Ice beam on mega lati allows it to pressure opposing mlatis while checking lando and gliscor. I have an unhealthy obession with skarmbliss (but with chansey instead of blissey) so it appears again on this team. Gastrodon is great role compression, providing phazing and a tran check. Clef provides another phys. wall, knock off, and cleric support.

tf

Natdex Unplayer
dumping the teams I built during the last months
all the teams are on the sprites
:volcanion: :lopunny-mega: :clefable: :corviknight: :gastrodon: :zapdos: - Specs Volcanion fat, SAMPLE SUBMISSION
I don't remember everything, because I built it ~3 months ago
but I wanted to build around Volcanion, because I think it's a great wallbreaker, being able to take advantage of some of the best devensive pokemon such as Ferrothorn, Clefable, Corviknight or Scizor-Mega. Its SR weakness made me build a fat, to have more time to remove the entry hazards.
I added Lopunny to help Volcanion to come easily against things like Corviknight or Clefable against which Volcanion wins
I don't really remember why the Clefable, Corviknight, Gastrodon and Zapdos are here, but they can counter the majority of the metagame, and able to bring Volcanion on the field. Clear Smog on Gastrodon helps against some set-up sweepers like Reuniclus or CM Clefable, and Toxic on Zapdos is for Garchomps or Gastrodons.
Mawile Mega and Weavile are big threats for the team, even if Corviknight can handle them with its Rocky Helmet. Playing aggressively will be needed against Mawile.
:lopunny_mega: :tapu_lele: :zapdos: :garchomp: :volcarona: :ferrothorn:- Specs Lele Bulky Volcarona, built with Arakd’eau ㋛
:altaria_mega: :magnezone: :corviknight: :toxapex: :hippowdon: :excadrill: - Altaria fat sand
:tapu_koko: :heracross_mega: :kommo-o: :corviknight: :garchomp: :greninja_ash: - Koko Heracross Scarf Chomp offense
:clefable: :lopunny_mega: :volcarona: :corviknight: :tapu_fini: :hippowdon: - LO Clefable fat, SAMPLE SUBMISSION
I built this team to face Kate, for the round 6 of the natdex summer seasonal, and I just wanted to take no risk, and a team with which I am comfortable... so I built a fat
I wanted to build around LO Clefable as it is a great long-term offensive threat. MLop is here to bring Clefable on things that it threatens, like Toxapex, Clefable, Slowbro or Tangrowth...
One of the biggest long-term LO Clefable's check being Heatran, I put HP Ground Volcarona to weaken it as much as possible. Volcarona take also advantage from opposite Toxapex being spammed by Clefable and Lopunny, and trapped by Tapu Fini.
Tapu Fini, as said before, traps Toxapex, checks Greninja-Ash, Weavile and stuffs like that
Finally, Corviknight and Hippowdon are there as Stealth Rocks setter and remover. They completed the team well by being the ground and electric immunities.
:diancie_mega: :greninja_ash: :landorus-therian: :heatran: :tangrowth: :tapu_fini: - Diancie Darkinium Gren offense
:aegislash: :mew: :gliscor: :heatran: :scizor-mega: :toxapex: - Specs Aegislash fat
:mienshao: :tapu_lele: :magnezone: :landorus-therian: :tangrowth: :tyranitar-mega: - Scarf Mienshao offense
:gallade-mega: :weavile: :heatran: :landorus-therian: :tapu-fini: :buzzwole: - Gallade Weavile offense
:thundurus: :tapu_koko: :weavile: :landorus-therian: :ferrothorn: :scizor-mega: - Thundy offense

I hope you'll enjoy playing these teams like I enjoyed building, and playing in the national dex metagame
(and sorry if my english is bad sometimes... I hope you'll understand anyway)

https://pokepast.es/55bd5ae048cc0823
https://pokepast.es/5d0a609a4d2bae3c

Just gonna put this here, these were pretty much the last two teams I've built in NDOU, except maybe a volcanion rain that I passed to molly once.

Sand is pretty basic, you know what is does and what everything else does on it.

Diancie team is also pretty basic, easy to use and effective in most matchups if played well (sometimes wins even if you play like shit). Gets you up ladder easy Cuz victini dominates stall. Was a nice gen 8 and I hope gen 9 doesn't just make everything implode on itself.

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
end of the gen so i’m dumping my favorite squads for the meta, some of these aren’t mine and some of these aren’t good, but i love all of them, i’ve also linked the songs/albums/remixes they are named after so i don’t need to be asked for them

:kartana: :heatran: :landorus-therian: :tapu-fini: :scizor-mega: :greninja-ash: Skies Forever Blue
:toxapex: :golem-alola: :landorus-therian: :diancie-mega: :melmetal: :tapu-lele: Magnolia Eclair / The Roar of the Spark
:landorus-therian: :tapu-lele: :kartana: :pinsir-mega: :rotom-wash: :hawlucha: Dance of Witches
:scizor-mega: :volcarona: :clefable: :garchomp: :rotom-wash: :ferrothorn: Bizarre Love Triangle
:pelipper: :blastoise: :ferrothorn: :zapdos: :swampert-mega: :weavile: Blood and Thunder
:landorus-therian: :tapu-lele: :mawile-mega: :moltres-galar: :rotom-wash: :hawlucha: Overdrive
:landorus-therian: :serperior: :moltres-galar: :melmetal: :gyarados-mega: :volcarona: Thunderstorm
:clefable: :serperior: :scizor-mega: :rotom-wash: :moltres-galar: :garchomp: Find Your One Way
:tapu-koko: :tapu-lele: :mawile-mega: :ferrothorn: :toxapex: :landorus-therian: By Your Side
:buzzwole: :latios-mega: :toxapex: :ferrothorn: :tapu-koko: :landorus-therian: GUNPOWDER
:kyurem: :weavile: :zapdos: :garchomp: :tapu-fini: :jirachi: Snowgrave
:medicham-mega: :tapu-lele: :weavile: :ferrothorn: :rotom-wash: :garchomp: Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
:victini: :urshifu-rapid-strike: :landorus-therian: :tapu-fini: :lopunny-mega: :ferrothorn: ECNALUBMA
:lopunny-mega: :manaphy: :ferrothorn: :clefable: :victini: :gliscor: One Dawn
:mawile-mega: :victini: :tapu-fini: :tangrowth: :weavile: :landorus-therian: Interstella 5555
:glalie-mega: :greninja: :kartana: :landorus-therian: :tapu-lele: :rotom-wash: My Funny Valentine
:kyurem: :zapdos: :greninja: :gliscor: :scizor-mega: :tapu-fini: Monochrome
:tapu-lele: :hawlucha: :landorus-therian: :volcarona: :tapu-fini: :weavile: Look Who’s Inside Again / Goodbye
:garchomp: :rotom-wash: :ferrothorn: :magnezone: :buzzwole: :magnezone: Casio Hellburst
:nihilego: :magnezone: :tapu-fini: :landorus-therian: :greninja: :lopunny-mega: Cycles
:heatran: :toxapex: :latias-mega: :clefable: :landorus-therian: :kartana: Cry Camellia
:blacephalon: :lopunny-mega: :heatran: :clefable: :landorus-therian: :rotom-wash: Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom
:zapdos-galar: :tapu-lele: :ferrothorn: :lopunny-mega: :garchomp: :tapu-koko: Kaleidoscopic Core
:hydreigon: :lopunny-mega: :melmetal: :landorus-therian: :tapu-lele: :rotom-wash: Marionette
:scizor-mega: :landorus-therian: :toxapex: :rotom-wash: :clefable: :weavile: Dance!
:clefable: :melmetal: :rotom-wash: :landorus-therian: :urshifu-rapid-strike: :latios-mega: Crescendolls
:urshifu-rapid-strike: :tapu-lele: :weavile: :tapu-fini: :landorus-therian: :magnezone: Bloody Stream
:gastrodon: :mew: :clefable: :latias-mega: :zapdos: :volcarona: Necessary Discrepancy
:rotom-wash: :medicham-mega: :clefable: :ferrothorn: :volcarona: :landorus-therian: When My Mother Was There
:arctozolt: :tapu-fini: :ninetales-alola: :victini: :landorus-therian: :tapu-lele: Tomboyish Girl in Love
:tyranitar: :lopunny-mega: :landorus-therian: :rotom-wash: :ferrothorn: :victini: The Disaster of Passion

edit: shoutout pannu adem chris jordy and jonfilch for building some of these and letting me steal em

Last edited:
TL DR Sample submission! https://pokepast.es/0b81840c8e4d647e

I have a modernized Rain HO team that I've compiled with the help of others via the Nat Dex discord. I've been learning the game with this and I can honestly say it's really helped a lot along with the advice gathered from experienced players. It got me to 1400 on ladder which I know isn't particularly impressive but, it's something. I of course intend to make another for when terra's get banned because, I'm sure they will. Peli is mostly the same and I run cane over scald because it ohkos Kart. I have iron head on sped invested ferro to deal with Kyurem which is still a sketchy matchup unfortunately but, it's in your odds just slightly. The t-wave, chople berry combo is there to cripple valiant and take a focus blast in return. This also works for any other speed control mon with a fighting type attack. Rocks is ran over flip turn on pert due to the addition of two other mons with moves generating momentum, those being torn T and regi E! Torn runs z move fb with nasty plot and u-turn while Regi abuses the famously unresisted electric ice combo with terra blast Ice. lastly we have shifu R which uses it's normal sd set. The only issue here is that shifu and regi kinda fight over terra since terra water on +2 surging strikes in rain does a pretty unfair amount of damage. Despite this, it's still nice to at least have options for certain scenarios or calcs. If any mods of this page feels that any adjustments should be made, I'll update the poke-paste link. Thank you for the consideration!

TL DR Sample submission! https://pokepast.es/0b81840c8e4d647e

I have a modernized Rain HO team that I've compiled with the help of others via the Nat Dex discord. I've been learning the game with this and I can honestly say it's really helped a lot along with the advice gathered from experienced players. It got me to 1400 on ladder which I know isn't particularly impressive but, it's something. I of course intend to make another for when terra's get banned because, I'm sure they will. Peli is mostly the same and I run cane over scald because it ohkos Kart. I have iron head on sped invested ferro to deal with Kyurem which is still a sketchy matchup unfortunately but, it's in your odds just slightly. The t-wave, chople berry combo is there to cripple valiant and take a focus blast in return. This also works for any other speed control mon with a fighting type attack. Rocks is ran over flip turn on pert due to the addition of two other mons with moves generating momentum, those being torn T and regi E! Torn runs z move fb with nasty plot and u-turn while Regi abuses the famously unresisted electric ice combo with terra blast Ice. lastly we have shifu R which uses it's normal sd set. The only issue here is that shifu and regi kinda fight over terra since terra water on +2 surging strikes in rain does a pretty unfair amount of damage. Despite this, it's still nice to at least have options for certain scenarios or calcs. If any mods of this page feels that any adjustments should be made, I'll update the poke-paste link. Thank you for the consideration!
This is the gen 8 bazaar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)