Project National Dex OU Team Bazaar

peap

asleep
is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Posting some teams I made for NDPL II:

:ss/rillaboom: :sm/gastrodon: :sm/heatran: :sm/diancie-mega: :sm/dragonite: :sm/greninja-ash:
A Rilla + Tran team with simple choice breakers. Grassy Terrain gives Heatran plenty of longevity to make the most of its Z. With a Timid nature, Heatran often traps Gliscor (although make sure to calc and scout) for a surprise kill that opens up for Diancie.
Dragonite is the main innovation here, a stop-gap that checks Scizor, Ferrothorn, Gliscor, Kartana, etc while providing Heal Bell support for Gastrodon to be consistently fat. Clear Smog on Gastrodon works over Toxic.

:sm/Latias-mega: :ss/slowking-galar: :sm/garchomp: :sm/weavile: :sm/keldeo: :sm/moltres:
I made this team when I was down and expressed those feelings in a Lati fat team with edgy nicknames. ez and the cubchoos and their friends used Mega Latias + Reuniclus builds to great success this tournament and I went a similar route with Waterium Z Calm Mind Slowking-Galar to complete the Psy-setup spam. Chazm innovated this set first to baits a lot of traditional Ground-type checks while also being fat enough to eat Weavile Knocks and Pursuits. Due to its bulk, Slowking is awkward and hard to scout and usually picks up a kill. Keldeo is an odd pick here as a tertiary special breaker that is viable! Scald spreads annoying burns, Substitute lets it take advantage of Toxapex, and Taunt makes it truly 1v1 pex and force progress against your opponent's other Pokemon. Garchomp is a nice bait set for steels like Scizor-Mega and Corviknight, who after a round of Fire Blast and Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin damage is pretty much dead.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8nationaldex-587596
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1441800116-d5viv9idjt08dgj7exvlp77icqtqh6kpw

:sm/celesteela: :sm/garchomp-mega: :sm/kyurem: :sm/tyranitar: :sm/Excadrill: :sm/Clefable:
Just going to explain some synergies here.

Garchomp-Mega: a monster with Sand Force. Forces progress and 1v1s most things. Invaluable for Celesteela and Excadrill to go in.
Celesteela: difficult to revenge and carries rare Flying-type coverage. Lures and kills common switch-ins like Magnezone, Heatran, and Corviknight with Flamethrower and Earthquake. Exploits Ground-types and Fairy-types like Landorus, Garchomp and Tapu Lele to sets up Automotize. Metronome helps it break by simply clicking buttons and break through Toxapex
Kyurem: deterrent to Zapdos, Water-types especially Ash-Greninja
Tyranitar: the best sand setter, bulk to get in and out, rock blast for opposing Kyu
Excadrill: dangerous wincon - setting up Speed with Rapid Spin this generation makes it much more dangerous, except Corviknight was also introduced - see other members for how to punish
Clefable: useful midground in Sand and makes the Medicham matchup viable, secondary fire coverage
After losing this game I went back to make TTar more SpD and gave Kyurem max speed.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8nationaldex-588204
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1440577197-c0rsmeyc40x8qgcb3hyco088lo0zfvfpw

:sm/Conkeldurr: :sm/tapu-fini: :sm/pinsir-mega: :sm/excadrill: :ss/Zapdos-galar: :sm/slowbro:
There's a guy who spams the Pinsir/Excadrill/Slowbro/Conkeldurr core on ladder, with Specs Zone and Scarf Drei in the last two slots. That team makes pretty good progress - but wanted more of an immediate threat factor than just Pinsir. I swapped out the aforementioned Choiced Pokemon for a Scarf Fini and Fly-Z Zapdos-Galar to handle Hyper Offense matchups better and not rely on a sequence of pivots to maybe get Pinsir in for a sweep.
Galarian Zapdos doubles down on the anti-bird spam to make room for Pinsir in the endgame. Thunderous Kick into Supersonic Skystrike kills everything, and in some scenarios getting a Double Dance up is feasible. Assault Vest Conkeldurr is a really interesting midground that 1v1s a lot of common offensive threats like Kyurem, Lop, and Ash-Greninja but is relatively weak vs defensive pivots like Toxapex, which the other teammates reliably handle.
Scarf Fini is helpful speed control in offensive matchups and trades its Scarf to fat teams. Again, this is a pure midground pivot like Conkeldurr to open up for bug and the bird. Also nice terrain support - I've set up Swords Dance with Pinsir several times in Misty.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1446300815
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1444381501-l1jdd1r6xsga7xrjj8zla7hq1kg6oxzpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1453768145-a2bruc32w348vol3x94me772mowyo2ypw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1453767248-r0galkc93ihw3j5rxf1rl70pal34fx3pw

:sm/Victini: :sm/Tapu-fini: :sm/Corviknight: :sm/Tyranitar-mega: :sm/landorus-therian::sm/kommo-o:
This is a bulky offense team. If you don't win in <40 turns, then you'll probably lose. Only Corviknight has reliable recovery, and both wallbreakers in Mega Tyranitar and Z Kommo-o more or less have one chance to set up in the field. To support them, Victini usually trades its short rodent life for a Toxapex or Tapu Fini or similar - Water- and Fairy-types preferred - with Final Gambit. Shout-out Pannu for reminding me it exists. I added Toxic to help Victini check Mega Latias and opposing Tini and also exploits people expecting a V-Create. Glaciate is a great move in the 1v1 scenario that makes Ground-types like Gliscor and Lando slower and in Gambit range. I'm a big fan of this set on this type of offensive build. Similarly, our own Tapu Fini makes progress (unless you're up against an Amoonguss) with its trapper set. Corviknight and Landorus-Therian play slow pivot fast pivot.
Notably Tyranitar-Mega is an unprepped-for pick in the meta. You'd be surprised how often it can set up to +2 in games, and even at +1 it is tremendously powerful. There are plenty of mind games you can play with a delayed Mega Evolution + second Sand Stream, notably against Rain. Fire Punch is necessary coverage for Ferrothorn and Scizor. However, very common revengers in Ash-Greninja and Rillaboom take down Tyranitar, so I added a Z Kommo-o to overload those matchups.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1453986365
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1453997587-0ytb555woqxznv9kckvr5h53bvd1tgrpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1453756633-yc05ngwag8wzhaedve2sjhuudmz4pyppw

I've lost many times against the people in the replays testing iterations of these teams on ladder, but they all helped me to build better. Hope you enjoy the results!

Last edited:

adem

yap
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I am also making some sample submissions since i cba to wait til end of ssnls / and im out of ndpl already so…

:urshifu-rapid-strike: :tapu-lele: :magnezone: :weavile: :tapu-fini: :landorus-therian:

Offense right now is arguably one of the best playstyles, with a lot of showing in NDPL. Short term but efficient defensive cores such as Tapu-Fini + Lando-T are thriving, and the base of these teams usually. I built this offense with taking inspiration from some of Devin's SSOU teams from his OLT:
FE9EDC8D-4547-4564-886E-4A0F1CCDF159.jpeg

Basically stuff like this. Urshifu-RS was a Pokemon I used to dislike, but now have realised that it is extremely effective on offense like this, especially for how it lures and pivots out of stuff like Toxapex and bring in Lele for free, as well as really weaken Tapu Fini for Weavile. Tapu Lele + Magnezone + Urshifu-RS form an already potent offensive core, oftentimes forcing sequences like: Urshifu U-Turns on Pex into Lele, Lele clicks its STABs and claims one: if they go to Steel, use EButton Lando to trap with Zone / Double to Zone, now Lele can freely click its STAB. EButton Lando + Fini form the defensive core, and EButton is used to keep up momentum in the short term + get free traps on Steels. Weavile appreciates Pex / Fini being pressured as well as pressures opposing MLati's, and cleans late game alongside Scarf Lele. Mega Lop is a annoying matchup, as with most offenses, but it is one easily dealt with in the short term and generally you can win first before Lop wins. I’ve been using this team a lot during (my still going SSNL run), as well as a lot of friendlies. Here are some of the replays:

VS Byleth for the latest SSNL round (w) : https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1453631479
VS Chris in a friendly, showcases how threatening EButton Lando in conjunction with Zone is and how it forced his Scizor to never click U-Turn (w) : https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1449197255-qcw89ydte24l8rxyz4dyc30w7w4lh8lpw

Here are some other similar teams to this which I believe have less potential to become a sample but are still submissions nontheless!
https://pokepast.es/813f099ffaadc947
https://pokepast.es/d28818d64b712ed7

:lopunny-mega: :weavile: :slowking-galar: :skarmory: :landorus-therian: :tapu-fini:

Mega Lopunny has also had a huge showing this NDPL, and being crowned the best Mega in the tier. I built this team with the core of Mega Lopunny + Weavile + Spikes, and started along with that. SkarmFiniGking is a tried and true defensive core as it checks basically the entire meta in 3 Pokemon, while also providing both Spikes and FSight, which are integral in allowing both MLop and Weavile to break. SD Smack LandoT lets us guaranteed SRocks are up VS most Defoggers, and pressure Corviknight, Skarmory, and Zapdos hard, letting MLop and Weavile win. Fairly straightforward HStack BO.

Unfortunately I do not have any replays with this saved, but I’ll update this once I do. I do however have some other iterations of LopVile which could also be potential samples, although they are more Double Trapper focused BOs, more than HStack. :

1) https://pokepast.es/aecf76e50294eb4d This is arguably the best out of them, the only real issue I’ve had with this was actually beating opposing Fini 1 on 1, or switching into it in general. Overall though, it seems fine.

2) https://pokepast.es/493803486eafb2e3 This is another version I built, which is slightly slower and overall worse MLop MU, but it does solve the Fini issue with Magnezone, and Garchomp assists in breaking. Z Dragon Garchomp can be used here as well, to lure and KO Buzz and Tang, but it might collide with Misty Terrain unfortunately.

3) https://pokepast.es/7b897ec3dc183ba1 This solves both the Fini and the Speed problem, but the main issue here is we are using Zeraora xd.

:manaphy: :pelipper: :swampert-mega: :weavile: :ferrothorn: :zapdos:

Even with Kyurem being so big, Rain is still a overall pretty big playstyle, with decent usage across NDPL and SSNL. Weavile is here over AGren to ease the Mega Lati MU, which usage has been going up as well. EButton Ferro helps mantain momentum VS Kyurem teams, potentially trapping / killing them with Weavile.

Here are some other teams, irrelevant to the prior ones which i cba to write descriptions for but are also cool for samples + some fun teams.

More serious squads
:garchomp-mega: :tapu-lele: :ferrothorn: :rotom-wash: :hawlucha: :landorus-therian:
:mawile-mega: :jirachi: :greninja-ash: :garchomp: :tapu-fini: :zapdos:
:mew: :garchomp-mega: :gyarados: :serperior: :volcarona: :tapu-lele:
:charizard-mega-x: :tapu-fini: :kartana: :landorus-therian: :jirachi: :greninja-ash:
:lopunny-mega: :victini: :greninja-ash: :landorus-therian: :tapu-fini: :corviknight:

Less serious squads
:starmie: :ferrothorn: :hydreigon: :lopunny-mega: :landorus-therian: :clefable: (v1)
:starmie: :ferrothorn: :hydreigon: :lopunny-mega: :landorus-therian: :clefable: (v2)
:torkoal: :kommo-o: :blaziken: :venusaur: :garchomp-mega: :tapu-lele:

on a small note, i want to give a special mention this ho by NVK because holy fuck it is amazing, and has never lost me a game in this SSNL, and truly a work of art. If there is going to be a HO sample, this shld be considered for it imo, otherwise it is a very spammmable easy to use ladder / tour team as well.

hope u like the teams
D976A19C-1DE3-4801-876A-F6D0C6945661.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:
yo wsp natdex. its me ertii and i got a new deck that i recently built, its pretty fun

Mega-Venusaur Mandibuzz Bulky Offense/Balance.
:ss/venusaur-mega: :ss/mandibuzz: :ss/heatran: :ss/clefable: :ss/weavile: :ss/landorus-therian:
this deck might look weird but it's pretty cool.
Mega-Venusaur is pretty cool but doesn't really work in this tier. Not a very good defensive pokemon by itself, but... We have support for him, Mandibuzz, Clefable, and Heatran. They help check mons with the pair of Venusaur.
:venusaur-mega: This mons important niche is Thick Fat, because of that it makes this Mon ten times better, and I think C tier is a little too small for this Mon!
What it does:

Victini is a very strong powerhouse especially with its V-create, u-turn etc, but with Mvenu you can 1v1 it.

252 Atk Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 172+ Def Thick Fat Venusaur-Mega: 164-194 (45 - 53.2%) -- 32.4% chance to 2HKO
Yeah, it's not a switch in but in a 1v1 situation and if Tini swapped in on my Venu, I'm beating it.

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 172+ Def Thick Fat Venusaur-Mega: 186-222 (51 - 60.9%) -- approx. 2HKO Again, it's not a big check but again it can't 1v1. It's a very good soft check with leech + synthesis.

252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Weather Ball (100 BP Fire) vs. 252 HP / 68 SpD Thick Fat Venusaur-Mega in Sun: 230-272 (63.1 - 74.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO It's no s/i but it can still wall sun with synthesis.

0 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 252 HP / 68 SpD Thick Fat Venusaur-Mega: 110-132 (30.2 - 36.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after trapping damage

In the end this mon can beat alot of mons in a 1v1 situation but some s/i's are common grasses like rillaboom, serp, and bulu.

It also is the best mmawile check!
"Why not just use Amoongus?"
Half of the mons I'm 1v1ing beats amoongus in a heartbeat, it does have spore/regen, etc. But then I don't beat half of the mons I want to wall.
Thank you for listening to my ted talk.
(I will add replays when I get them)
:mandibuzz: Mandibuzz is a underrated defog mon, with foul play to counter ghost or swords dance setup, nice defensive and a great moveset. It is a underrated pokemon, so I decided to try it.

Here's a team I've used a lot that I built; I've gotten onto the global leaderboards quite a few times.

https://pokepast.es/18df1feabe40879c

tangrowth.pngclefable.pnggreninja-ash.pngheatran.pngdiancie-mega.pnggliscor.png
Heatran can usually lure in Toxapex and kill it, it's got quite a bit of HP to take less from Pex, but also quite a bit of speed to outspeed timid Magnezone, Rotom-Wash, some Gliscor variants (don't bank on it, switch to Tangrowth or Clefable usually), and then Clefable, Greninja, and Diancie go stupid. Gliscor is my defogger of choice because ice and ground pressure the metagame quite well. AV Tangrowth is just there to patch up some holes. Clefable bluffs calm mind, implying rocks from Heatran, Diancie, or Gliscor, but it does have stealth rock and calm mind with a life orb. It hits like a truck and is always able to keep the pressure up.

This team is pretty anti meta and it's pretty easy to use too. Have fun.

Milo

I'm Your Man
is a Community Contributor
Sample Submission

Hey guys. I understand that there has been a semi-high demand for some new samples the past weeks, and I was waiting for ndpl to finish, but I thought now was as good a time as any with the finals about to come to a close. I feel that the metagame has been quite stable in it's position for some time now, and I believe it will continue to do so in the coming months, hopefully reaching NDWC. And with that view, I feel that the following 4 teams represent the metagame in a way that new comp players can understand, and learn to use to better themselves and refine their skill and understand of the game. Now these teams are rather similar in playstyle and team members, because of the demand I've seen for Mega Lop teams. However I have thrown in Lati-Fat in there as well, as it's always been a good sample to have imo.

3a KyuLop

This team is designed to support lopunny, kyurem and lele as the offensive attackers within the team. Loppuny is running encore pup here, although fake out pivot can work with the team as well, but by having loppuny as a setup sweeper here it can play around defensive mons such as clefable and pex with encore and once at +1, almost nothing can switch in safely with the exceptions of defensive pex and slowbro which are rolls on 2KOs. Kyurem can act as a prominent threat to Toxapex, Fini, Corv, Ferrothorn, Heatran and gastro, something that the rest of the team struggles with, but icium z is opted here rather than hdb for a roll on clefable after a freeze dry 252 SpA Kyurem Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 126-148 (31.9 - 37.5%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery and 252 SpA Kyurem Subzero Slammer (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 249-294 (63.1 - 74.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO at 66%. Landorus of course is a good defensive rocker, with the ability to knock off defensive mons leftovers such as clef, corv, landorus and anything that heatran is switching into. Finally, scarf lele was originally specs for the power boost, however I felt that Lopuuny as the sole speed control of the team wasn't enough, so lele can obviously deal with threats such as garchomp, pex, corv and heatran. Heatran is also Heavy Slam here due to not needing rocks, and not wanting toxic paired with fini, it can break clef and blissey, two issues for Kyurem, but ofc Lopunny can do the same. Difference is, you've got em trapped with magma storm and taunt. Overall I feel that it is a good representation within the metagame.

Encore Lop + Band Vile

This team is rather similar to the one above, however it has the addition of weavile's physical power as well as adding corv as the fogger to allow fini to run cm. Weavile was originally SD boots but I thought that having the lack of power boost on weavile, the team depended heavily on setup, whereas now with Lopuuny it can do damage as well as setup, the same as above. But with weavile, it can break walls as well as deal damage with knock. There's not much to add except to reiterate some points from above. Heatran is also Heavy Slam here due to not needing rocks, and not wanting toxic paired with fini, it can break clef and blissey, two issues for Fini, but ofc Lopunny can do the same. CM Fini I've selected over trapper because I feel that it has a good capability to setup on things such as toxapex and has enough bulk to take damage and dish it back out, with recovery in Draining Kiss as well.

KyuLop BO

As you'll notice these teams are very similar, but I understand that Mega Lop teams are in quite a bit of demand for samples right now. However here on this team, I feel that pivot lop benefits the style of the team more with specs kyurem, and Z Heatran as the setup sweepers on the team are Fini and Gliscor who don't mind taking hits and switching out because of their bulk. Gliscor here also has a better mu against zone and heatran, something which the other teams don't appreciate too well. I personally prefer steelium on heatran for Tapu Fini mainly, as although Firium ohkos gliscor after rocks, Steelium is still a roll and after a little chip, it's still an ohko. Specs Kyurem is similar with band weavile on the prior team as well, it dishes damage well to walls such as pex, clef, ferro heatran as well as just destroying teams.

Latias + Z Heatran

This team carries on a bit of an old archetype of Mega Lati fat, and this team optimises elements of the prior 3 teams into an even more bulky team. Mega Latias is an amazing cm setter with a great speed tier, defence and special attacker. I don't think I have to justify any of the mons in these teams as we all know what their roles are within the metagame, but still gonna explain this team. Fini as the fog support here paired with gliscor help each other out greatly as we know, with weavile of course as a great physically offensive presence. Clefable here is 3a lorb, as I feel that paired with lati and heatran, it doesn't need to be rocks knock or cm and gives better coverage to walls such as corv, pex, and of course the usual offensive threats. In this scenario I feel that Firium on Heatran works better or equal to steelium, it doesn't really matter too much as weavile can deal with gliscor, and clef can deal with fini.

Cheers for the consideration.

Hello Smogon. Yesterday marked my first time ever getting top 5 on a ladder, and so I want to share some teams that helped me get there.
Tested Teams
:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :Slowking-Galar: :Hydreigon: :Kyurem: :Landorus-Therian: :Corviknight: - This team is a bulky offense team that utilizes the sheer power of Specs Kyurem and the core of Slowking-G + Urshifu to break. Definitely my favorite out of the five tested teams. Autoloses to Charizard-Y + Pursuit.
:Zapdos-Galar: :Zeraora: :Toxapex: :Tapu Lele: :Scizor-Mega: :Landorus-Therian:- I wanted to test out Zapdos-Galar, and so here is an offense utilizing many breakers and Fairium Zeraora. Max attack Adamant Scizor can surprisingly pull out magic out of nowhere and win games from the most unexpected position. Definitely the least reliable team of these five.
:Skarmory: :Clefable: :Weavile: :Landorus-Therian: :Latios-Mega: :Slowbro:- In Generation 8, Latios gained access to Aura Sphere. Here is a balance team attempting to utilize hazards to aid Landorus and Latios break early-mid game, and let Swords Dance Weavile to clean late game. Autoloses to Volcarona.
:Mawile-Mega: :Victini: :Rotom-Wash: :Corviknight: :Landorus-Therian: :Greninja:- Celebrate Victini is a threat that most teams aren't prepared for, and it is easy to see why: Fire, Psychic, and Fighting coverage is extremely hard to switch into, especially late game. 4-Attacks Mawile and Greninja (I think Ash sucks) open up holes to allow for the sweep in midgame.
:Volcanion: :Volcarona: :Gliscor: :Tapu Fini: :Zapdos: :Tyranitar-Mega:- The idea of Double Volc has surprisingly not been utilized much. What's even more surprising is seeing Substitute + Metronome not being utilized on Volcanion, especially with how it just flats out walls almost all of the bulky waters. I expected the first two members to put in the most work, but the core of Gliscor, Fini, and Zapdos has been sufficient to win most games alone, it seems. Arguably my most solid team of the five, though really weak to Z-Steel Beam Heatran and Ash-Greninja.

Experimental, Extra Teams - These teams have NOT been tested. Although they were not built carelessly, they are likely bad and need lots of tweaking.
:Medicham-Mega: :Weavile: :Kartana: :Swampert: :Latias: :Dragonite:- This team is designed around M-Medicham and Swords Dance Kartana. I can already see the core of physically defensive Toxapex and Clefable tear this team apart as if it was the thinnest sheet of paper.
:Charizard-Mega-Y: :Blastoise: :Heatran: :Buzzwole: :Volcanion: :Krookodile:- When I was laddering, I faced off against a guy who uses Red's team, and every single time Blastoise would be the one to put in the most work, spinning pebbles away and safely bringing in breakers. Here's my attempt at the idea. I guess the word "heat" describes the team pretty well, since 5 of the 6 members literally are orange-red and Zard-Y summons sunlight.

Below are the importables of the team. I'm too lazy to hyperlink it to the sprites. Thanks for reading :P

ChrisPBacon

needy girl overdose
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis the defending SM Circuit Champion
As ssnls comes to a close, heres everything i built for it, with a few sample submissions amongst them.
R1:
:tyranitar-mega::ditto::toxapex::skarmory::reuniclus::gliscor:
:scizor-mega::tapu-fini::heatran::tapu-koko::tangrowth::gliscor:
R2:
:greninja-ash::heatran::lopunny-mega::garchomp::corviknight::tapu-fini:
:tapu-lele::melmetal::lopunny-mega::landorus-therian::tapu-fini::buzzwole:
R6:
:reuniclus::toxapex::ditto::clefable::gliscor::skarmory:
Dd reuni is a cool mon imo bc of how many mus it cheeses, and the rest of the team works on complimenting its sweep in toxic spikes from pex and spikes from skarmory and keeping the team sturdy against the majority of the metagame. Ditto serves as the team's speed control against the likes of garchomp and kartana, while forming a core alongside pex that makes up for this reuniclus’s shortcoming against stall. Gliscor and clef finish the defensive core, with glisc being a check to heatran and the ground type and clef being the rocker and dark resist vs gren. Encore on clef is to check calm minders such as latias and opposing clefable. Despite the amount of offense in the tier rn, i think fat is still a p solid playstyle and this team encapsulates it perfectly.
:volcarona::excadrill::garchomp-mega::tapu-lele::serperior::gyarados:
:lopunny-mega::hydreigon::heatran::corviknight::landorus-therian::slowking-galar:
R8:
:scizor-mega::kartana::clefable::ditto::gliscor::toxapex:
:lopunny-mega::hydreigon::heatran::corviknight::landorus-therian::slowking-galar:
:diancie-mega::tapu-koko::tapu-bulu::corviknight::victini::seismitoad:
R10:
:mawile-mega::tapu-koko::hydreigon::corviknight::toxapex::landorus-therian:
:reuniclus::toxapex::ditto::clefable::gliscor::skarmory:(again)
:kartana::lopunny-mega::magnezone::landorus-therian::tapu-fini::mew:
Sd synth kart is able to function much like a standard kartana, but without having to worry about being chipped down as much, while having a deadly nuke in grassium. Toxic lop assists it in bad mus vs tangrowth and buzzwole, while magnezone traps corviknight and skarmory, pokemon that would be roadblocks. LandoFini is a temporary, yet effective stopgap to most of the metagame while providing rocks and fog. Finally, mew spikes for my breakers while checking non lele/reuni psychics and encoring bulky setup sweepers, such as clefable and latias. Currently offensive builds involving landofini supporting deadly breakers are quite popular, and this team is a great example of that imo.
R12:
:latias-mega::reuniclus::skarmory::weavile::gliscor::toxapex:
:greninja-ash::tapu-koko::victini::landorus-therian::tapu-fini::tangrowth:
A bulky offense team designed to remove checks against tapu koko and ash greninja for the two to clean up late-game. Gren and koko share checks in grasses and gastrodon, which can be worn down with well-timed spikes. Landorus is the rocker and keeps them up almost all foggers with smack down while removing tangrowth and tapu bulu with fly-z. Fini serves as the fogger and gren check, and tangrowth checks kartana and other grounds. Finally is victini, running a somewhat unusual set with speed to outrun the 270 mark (zapdos, some opposing tinis) and hp to kill a clefable with final gambit from full. This serves as a makeshift steel vs psychics, a check to calm minders and a way to eliminate volt blockers landorus and gliscor or water resists toxapex and tapu fini in one slot. This team is quite simple to use while having ways to outplay even bad matchups, and thus i believe should be considered as a sample.

spell

of the void
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
:tapu-lele::kartana::greninja-ash::landorus-therian::heatran::kyurem:

Not exactly a sample submission, but something I built recently that I think should be shared. Could count as one though. The premise originally was Sub Dragon-Z Garchomp + Specs Lele but it eventually evolved into Lele + Gren + Kyurem over time after a few games. I wouldn't say this is an entirely fresh way of building KyuLele but i'd say I haven't seen something like this really before, at least in this tier.

This team has one goal in mind: claim kills with one of Lele or Kyurem, then Kartana and Greninja should just win. Simple but effective, this team aids in that mission by having a solid defensive backbone, well, one that lasts long enough to facilitate the breakers. Landorus-Therian here is a simple defensive set, not anything too special although it is actually the defogger here as opposed to something like Gliscor or Tapu Fini who usually take that spot on teams. It's main purpose is just to add onto the chip damage physical attackers like Lopunny will receive with the rocks + potential spikes that may also be on the field, and it's also a fantastic slow pivot that brings in Kartana and Greninja with relative ease. Heatran is up next, it is also the standard set but with 252 evs in Spdef instead of some speed. I made this decision because I felt like I just needed a more safe pivot into opposing Lele mainly, but I guess this is flexible since I don't really think Lele is that much of an issue for this team to face anyway. It sets rocks, gives set-up Pokemon like Reuniclus and Mega-Latias a horrible time with Toxic, among other basic Heatran things. Now, onto the meat and potatoes of the team. Specs Lele is something I have avoided using for a good while since around July because of an unhealthy addiction to the Scarf set, which i've recently grown out of becoming more cordial with Life Orb/Spoon/Z-Move CM sets. I felt like the breaking power of Specs would be an amazing thing to have as a foundation because it just allows for more creative (i guess?) avenues to be discovered, not that I went too far off any beaten path with this. It's your basic set - strong, but lacking a Modest nature because I wanted to scare out Kyurem, which are all basically Modest at this point and if you run Timid you are bad. It also just removes a lot of stress off of the other mons from doing stuff which is appreciated. Kartana was the next Pokemon I decided to add because I thought a Scarf set would actually be quite neat here with the other 3 members, so I went with it. Outspeeds and revenges a lot of relevant threats that I don't need to mention here, even if walled by steel birds and also having an abusable as hell move no matter what its locked into - you still have your ways around that by either positioning smartly if there is a Magnezone, or just by clicking Knock Off early game if there is really only stuff like Helmet Tang/Corviknight/Helm Lando + Pex in your way. It's also still decently strong so there's that. Greninja really is just here for spikes, while also just being a powerhouse too I guess because I just did not want this to be a Boots Protgren type team since i've used that enough LOL. No need to go over it. Lastly, Kyurem. I am in absolute love with this set. Think Jordy made it? I don't know, but I think it works really well here. Provides a water resistance which this team actually kind of needed at this point because Kartana as a water resist just does not work. It's also annoying asf to deal with especially if they try and check it Scizor, which obviously doesnt work with this set having HP Fire. Also, Kyurem being able to just remove stuff Lele could also remove without Lele actually doing it frees the board up for a lot more creative plays which I like.

Not the absolute best team i've made. But one I think is overall pretty solid as an offense, doesn't seem to have that many bad matchups I can say for certain. Probably Volc or something like that, I dont know though lol. Anyways, enjoy the team. :blobthumbsup:

Last edited:
The most hardcore stall team ur ever gonna see

https://pokepast.es/4e3077040e2bdddd

Sableye mega: will o wisp and hex is a great combo for damage and support

Chansey: explains itself, crazy bulky

Toxapex: Again physical wall

Clefable: Can be used as a lead, when the opponent uses a hazard you start calm minding. U can use magic guard instead

Manibuzz: Hazard control with foul play is the physical counter to setup sweepers. U can use leftovers instead

Ferrothorn: can use curse and body press to put on the hurt. U can use leftovers and iron defense instead

If u have any suggestions let me know :D

Last edited:

Kyo

In Limbo
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
National Dex Leader
Screenshot 2021-12-26 214339.png

:sm/entei: :sm/regieleki: :sm/landorus-therian: :sm/gallade-mega: :sm/greninja: :sm/amoonguss:

Recent discussion about Entei and his intimidate immunity via inner focus made me want to try out this mon. Honest impressions are that it's usable but I don't know that it will ever get VR ranked. Kinda hard to justify on a team. One thing I did find is that Entei has awesome synergy with Regieleki, a mon that I usually hate. This is probably the only time I've used Regieleki and actually felt like it was accomplishing something. CB boosted hits from Entei put Landorus, Gliscor, and Garchomp in range of Regieleki's Z-Hyper Beam. Regieleki scares fat waters that Entei doesn't like, spins away rocks, and pivots into Entei or other mons on the team. Pretty straightforward. I wanted Mega Medicham on this team, but I have Mega Gallade instead solely because fat psychic types are scary and I need to lure them with knock off. The speed tier is cool for non-scarfed Kart though. Also lures ground types better than Medicham since everyone knows that will have ice punch. Anyway decent run on ladder with this so it's definitely solid, probably could have gone 30-0 with better rng.​

I did stall now ill do hyper offense

https://pokepast.es/5e6df5aa8c4f7b11

greninja: lead sets of t spikes and spikes if u can, protean helps when they use grass or fairy move and get blocked by poison type.

charizard: after +1 you can do so much damage and are faster then most things

garchomp: its swords dance set does damage. great counter to mons like m mawile that would rek the team

kartana: stronk, snowballs like nothing else

tyranitar: pursuit support and just a great mon

hawlucha: tbh kind of a filler mon, i have a liechi endure reversal set with unburden. use a different mon if u want :D

give me any suggestions for the team uR fEeDbAcK rEaLlY hElPs

a replay of charizard JUST coming up short of full sweep
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1481037914-0ed9nrn4ezyabnywek4hl19joufx5vnpw

spell

of the void
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
So here's a new team that I recently made that's almost on the ladder, and are there any suggestions for tweaks that I can maybe give it? Thanks in advance

https://pokepast.es/7a749a00015eed0c
This is not an RMT thread, if you want your team to be rated you can link this paste in the RMT channel in the National Dex discord server (#rmt), linking it in the National Dex room on PS!, or linking it in either of the RMT channels in the Smogon discord.

Introduction: Okay... so I didn't post any teams during the month of November... Well screw it last day of the year might as well give the people what they want. Hi, As usual this is ElevatedGodlyness with another set of teams for the coming New Year. I actually got to play a fair amount with all of these teams and me and MortalityI agree these are good to be posted this month. So without further ado these are the teams:

Thunder Wave Clefable + Mega Mawile Balance: https://pokepast.es/e1f8e5d9e6fc5e7c
Short Description: This team was kinda funny to be real with you. In all honesty this team was just there, its fun very fun and it works but it mainly is quite meme like. Essentially the point of Clefable's Thunder Wave is to slow down, cripple, and all around make it easier for Urshifu-R and Mega Mawile to exploit their high physical attack power. Kofi(MortalityI I'll call him this in descriptions this is dumb) wanted to use Shed Shell Toxapex and it works though it can get flimsy pretty quickly at times. We had a team with a Mega Gardevoir in the month of October with Shed Shell Toxapex so that was really fine. All in all this is a fun team to be on ladder with. Not the most serious but quite the fun team nonetheless. This team has a pretty horrid MU against Tapu Koko so um.. good luck with that lmfao.

Future Sight Slowking + Urshifu-R: https://pokepast.es/e3c24264d0bc3857
Short Description: Okay yeah I have no idea why we are using this inferior being of a Slowking but whatever. Essentially this team is made to abuse Future Sight with Urshifu-R's high physical attack to break down its checks. Removing: Corviknight, Toxapex, Blissey, Chansey and more of these fat Pokemon. Take your time playing against slowbro work in that Mega Venusaur and do the best you can to wear it down. If its Rocky Helmet Slowbro Surging Strikes and U-Turn isn't an option for you. If you can safely assume a Slowbro Swap in click your Slowking. This goes for Corviknight as well but you just Close Combat that for a 2HKO regardless.

Future Sight Slowking + Urshifu-R 2 : https://pokepast.es/86c57ece4604e1f4
Short Description: Why in the hell we have 2 of these I have no idea. Same premise as the last team but with Hydreigon, Mega Scizor, and Kartana. If you want to run Kartana Adamant Scarf that works as I prefer that. Recently we've been getting into the use of Defensive Defog Mega Scizor.... SD is still better in my opinion but its nice. This Hydreigon literally defeats Chansey and Blissey. Mainly the thing to stop it is Clefable. SD Scizor on this would also improve its bulk breaking so if you want to use it go ahead. But its also like Urshifu-R + Future Sight is potent so keep that in mind.

Bulky Hydreigon + Mega Lopunny Bulky Balance: https://pokepast.es/fdf68f3d4965c78e
Short Description: This team is obscenely fat with wish support from Jirachi and the disable of status with Tapu Fini. Also with that being said make sure to know when and how your going to Sleep Powder with Tangrowth as you can literally trip yourself over at times. Taunt Hydreigon comes back to show us its prowess in absolutely crippling Blissey and Chansey. Not much else to say about this team lmao. You can also run Power Up Punch Mega Lopunny with Encore if you want. I've seen that around in Lopunny's usage. Encore a Toxapex on its Haze or a Recover PuP up and then defeat the entire team.

Never Melt Ice Kyurem + Double Tapu Bulky Offense: https://pokepast.es/bb86edf41813d332
Short Description: Okay I had quite a few thoughts on this team. You can make this more offensive running SD with this set to actually allow some potency while checking Greninja. Also this Kyurem me and Kofi was talking about how to run its item as I liked Metronome or Heavy Duty Boots over Never Melt ice. You can run either items for this Kyurem.

Suicune + Scarf Adamant Kartana Balance: https://pokepast.es/a20d84b44acf48a8
Short Description: Oh how Kofi loves his OU names. Basically this was adapted from a stormzone team I think and made into National Dex. Pretty much as you see here. Also you can run Jolly on this Kartana if you want I just like Adamant more.

Mega Glalie + Urshifu: https://pokepast.es/485f78efe3ce66e5
Short Description: Set up spikes and defeat every thing with Tapu Koko and Urshifu-R.... there really isnt much to this team lmfao. Kofi liked the idea of a Glalie team and I just went with it. Its pretty good as Gliscor is the Heatran check.

Mega Mawile + BlissBro: https://pokepast.es/bcf8399b9bf62c7b
Short Description: Okay before you start vomiting from this defensive core hear me out.. yes anyways. Basically slow pivot in Mega Mawile, Garchomp, and Keldeo. Specs Keldeo seems like something I'd use in rain.... heh get ready for Mid January Teams I may have one of those. But yes this team is intended to be able to absorb moves and pivot in your offensive Pokemon to deal a staggering amount of damage. Watch out for Serperior as it can slap you up.

Mega Mawile + Bulky Volcarona Balance: https://pokepast.es/706135cd985b0036
Short Description: Okay I'm going to be for real with y'all. This team is by far my favorite team of this entire team reveal. Like this team just takes the cake and it feels great to use. It flows very effectively has Rocky Helmet Chip for those trying to abuse pivot and a double Regeneration base. You have Tangrowth for your physical threats, Slowking-Galar for your special attacking threats and you have bulky Volcarona for Mega Scizor and any Kyurems that are doing a little too much. All in all my favorite team man like 100% recommend this.

Kyurem + Mega Lopunny Spikes Bulky Balance: https://pokepast.es/2c410f4bfdd4a874
Short Description: Okay again for Kyurem you can run Heavy Duty Boots and Metronome. All 3 of these items are viable for Kyurem, its just preference. It mainly is to get Hazards up and to use your Volcarona, Kyurem, and Mega Lopunny to break down the opponents team. Pretty simple team.

Choice Band Urshifu-R + Slowking-Galar Balance: https://pokepast.es/01ca253ee5585dc8
Short Description: Okay what the hell a 3rd one. Bro trust I won't put a Urshifu-R +Future Sight Team again....maybe. This doesn't really need a Description as literally its all the same premise from sets before. So that's the last of the teams.

Conclusion: Well this was fun, I hope to be able to give more teams to the ND Community. No photos of the pokemon this time. Next month I will do so but it'll be a smaller amount of teams so I don't get sick of typing. If you have any questions about these teams feel free to DM me at my Smogon Profile or Discord(Preferred) (ElevatedGodlyness ↯#9535). Again thanks to MortalityI for building with me. See you next month National Dex Bazaar. See you in 2022 ND, Peace.

Last edited:
Mega Gallade Offense

MGallade_ORAS.gif Tapu_Lele_SM.gif Volcarona_XY.gif Clefable_XY.gif Skarmory_XY.gif Greninja_XY.gif
Mega Gallade and Ash-Greninja have a amazing synergy together, along with Gallade and Tapu Lele, being my favorite partner to pair with Gallade due to having Psychic Surge boosting Zen Headbutt. Clefable and Skarmory work well together as always and having both as different utility roles; with Clef being status and stall control, while Skarmory is more focused around hazard control. Volcorona also works well with the aforementioned Gallade by helping it hit opposing psychic types such as Mega Latias and Tapu Lele. IMO this is a pretty fun and easy team to use.

Note: click on each Pokemon for a Pokepaste.

Last edited:
2020 WON

:ss/hippowdon: :ss/skarmory: :ss/tapu-fini: :ss/garchomp-mega: :ss/volcarona: :ss/excadrill:

[Pokepaste]: https://pokepast.es/f7d8d7aa4bd09fc9

[Description]: this is a sand team i built with the thought of hazards stack with mega garchomp. the goal of the team is to set hazards and chip down the opponent for a clean up with excadrill/mega garchomp. the reason i chose hippo as the sand setter is because its better at setting up rocks and tanking physical hits, i chose volcarona for dealing with kyurem, tapu fini for weavile and the rest should be self explanatory. The team has a little trouble with opposing tapu fini so i made my fini 255 speed just enough to creep other cm finis

[Replays]:
1) 2020 WON VS. Trick Room: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1367982549-8fxt3kewktdcvtu0nzbbpt42ranbfvppw
2) 2020 WON VS. Zard Y & Ken sun: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1367586669-um6c36vdkvmy9qjzdexiqgsk2x3gehypw
3) 2020 WON VS. mDiancie & Boom Zone: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1367573664-np2w7w24qv68yaua9avi1tdeaogavjxpw

Hi So I am making First Post and I want this team to be a sample team SO I AM MAKING THIS A SAMPLE TEAM SUBMISSION so, heres
Da Squad(its gone undefeated so far)

Ok To start off we have a sweeper
Gardevoir-Mega (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Mystical Fire
- Psychic

Gardevoir does not get much respect but it always takes 2 ko's which is honestly Not Bad 1 calm mind and its sp.atk is over 600 and with power
it becomes bulky as well having an amazing sp.def and mystical fire along with 102 power fairy move its next to impossible to wall

Next We have my rocker and an amazing wall
Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Roost

This mon is op despite being a utility mon it provides amazing power and having an ground and electric immunity always helps

Next we have THE POWERHOUSE
Medicham (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab
- Psycho Cut

So it outspeeds a lotta stuf and ohkos them not much more to explain but it is overpowered.

Next Da Trapper
Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Mirror Coat

Ok so its almost 600 sp.atk and it can trap steel types(most popular type in the format) and it is a great pivoter
also if it lives a hit from a special attacker it can devastate a special sweeper threatening the team

Next we have The Defogger
Corviknight (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog

Well it defogs and ohkos mega lopunny which is a pretty big deal also it is an amazing pivoter

Next the Assasin(wallbreaker)
Kyurem @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power

I think by this point everybody agrees this mon as the best non mega wall-breaker(if u dont, use my team u will see but dont try to use it against
ferro it will win da fight but i suggest switch to gardevoir)

Thats Da squad and i hope yall will find success as well

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
Hello, today I have a couple of hyper offense teams and sun offense teams to post.

Survey Corps V10 ( KokoLucha screens hyper offense)

:excadrill: :tapu koko: :hawlucha: :kartana: :gyarados: :volcarona:

Importable: https://pokepast.es/5ed082800cfece4d

Link to Description: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/kokolucha-hyper-offense.3696560/

Brief Explanation: Excadrill sets up Stealth Rock and denies the opponent's hazards with rapid spin. Tapu Koko comes in and sets up screens. It may use taunt to shut down defog, opposing hazards, and other status moves. You then pivot to a sweeper (depending on the opponent's team) and attemt to win the game. Mega Gyarados does excellently vs opposing defensive teams. Hawlucha can easily sweep after it's checks are removed. Volcarona may run Fire Blast for more power. I have tested this team extensively in tournaments. Click the link for details.

Survey Corps V6 (KokoLucha screens hyper offense)

:excadrill: :tapu koko: :hawlucha: :garchomp: :volcarona: :serperior:

Importable: https://pokepast.es/a683578401779bde

Brief Explanation: Excadrill sets up Stealth Rock and denies the opponent's hazards with rapid spin. Tapu Koko comes in and sets up screens. It may use taunt to shut down defog, opposing hazards, and other status moves. You then pivot to a sweeper (depending on the opponent's team) and attemt to win the game. Mega Garchomp is an excellent sweeper and wallbreaker with Scale Shot, especially with screens. Fire Fang lets it beat Corviknight. Serperior can break through stall teams well with Sub, Leaf Storm and HP Fire. Taunt may be also be used on Serperior to help with this. It also deters defog with contrary. Hawlucha can easily sweep after checks have been removed. Volcarona may run fire blast for more power.

Sun Offense V11

:torkoal: :venusaur: :blaziken: :landorus-therian: :victini: :garchomp:

Importable: https://pokepast.es/8e70906501645d3d

Description

This is a sun offense team. Torkoal, Life Orb Venusaur, and Blaziken form a potent offensive core.

:torkoal:
Torkoal: Torkoal sets up rocks and sun for the sweepers to take advantage of. It may remove hazards with rapid spin. Take care not to let Torkoal take much damage from hazards. Try to clear the field with defog landorus before sending it in. Torkoal is offensively weak, and can easily be set up on by various set up sweepers such as Mega Gyarados.

:venusaur:
Venusaur: Venusaur hits 568 speed under sun. It's move combination of Giga Drain, Weather Ball and Earth Power is extremely hard to switch in to reliably. Giga drain helps offset Life Orb recoil. It is near impossible to outspeed under sun. It outspeeds even Scarf Greninja(regular greninja). It outspeeds all scarfers slower than regular Greninja. Life Orb gives it an excellent damage output. It's weaknesses are Chansey/Blissey, Ice Shard from Weavile and Quick Attack from Mega Pinsir , Latios and Latias. It also fails to 2hko Mega Charizard Y if rocks are not up. Sludge Bomb may be used to counteract this. Earth Power destroys Heatran.

The best way to beat it is for the opponent to stall out sun turns with moves like protect. It can also be taken out by STAB super effective priority after rocks and some life orb recoil.

Here are some offensive calcs:

252+ SpA Life Orb Venusaur Weather Ball (100 BP Fire) vs. 248 HP / 92 SpD Corviknight in Sun: 403-476 (101 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Venusaur Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Toxapex: 289-341 (95 - 112.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Venusaur Weather Ball (100 BP Fire) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona in Sun: 374-441 (120.2 - 141.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Venusaur Weather Ball (100 BP Fire) vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona in Sun: 374-441 (100.2 - 118.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Venusaur Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 136+ SpD Heatran: 354-421 (91.7 - 109%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Life Orb Venusaur Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 136+ SpD Heatran: 354-421 (91.7 - 109%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Lopunny-Mega: 300-355 (110.7 - 130.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Venusaur Weather Ball (100 BP Fire) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 248-292 (35.2 - 41.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Latias-Mega: 246-290 (67.5 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Latias-Mega: 246-290 (81.7 - 96.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp: 331-391 (92.7 - 109.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Venusaur is unable to do much damage to Chansey and Blissey even at +2. 252 HP Mega Latias can even live a +2 sludge bomb. However, if it has no HP investment, it may be 0hkoed by +2 sludge bomb after rocks. In most situations where both are neutral, Weather Ball deals more damage than Giga Drain.

:blaziken:
Blaziken: Blaziken is absurdly strong in sun with Firium Z. It can even 0hko various bulky resists like Mega Latias in sun. It is weak to priority moves such as Greninja's water shruiken. Sun also helps with this. It hits 426 speed at +1 and 568 speed at +2.

+2 252 Atk Blaziken Inferno Overdrive (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Latias-Mega in Sun: 374-441 (102.7 - 121.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Blaziken Inferno Overdrive (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Tapu Fini in Sun: 300-354 (87.2 - 102.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Blaziken Inferno Overdrive (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro in Sun: 297-349 (75.3 - 88.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 Atk Blaziken Inferno Overdrive (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 104+ Def Toxapex in Sun: 258-304 (84.8 - 100%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 Atk Blaziken Inferno Overdrive (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 164+ Def Landorus-Therian: 367-433 (96 - 113.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

-1 252 Atk Blaziken Inferno Overdrive (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 164+ Def Landorus-Therian: 163-193 (42.6 - 50.5%) -- 46.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Water Shuriken (20 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Blaziken: 450-528 (149.5 - 175.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Water Shuriken (20 BP) (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Blaziken in Sun: 216-258 (71.7 - 85.7%) -- approx. 2HKO

:victini:
Victini: Victini uses a choice scarf set here. Final Gambit always deals 404 damage at full health. It 0hkoes everthing with less than 100 base hp that is fully invested. It 0hkoes various walls such as Tapu Fini and Toxapex so the sweepers can run wild. V-Create does high damage, especially in sun. U-Turn is a pivoting move. Trick may be used to cripple stall teams by giving them a choice item. Bolt Strike may be used as it hits water types without needing to 0hko it.

:landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian: Landorus also uses a choice scarf set here. Earthquake is STAB and U-Turn switches. Defog can be used to remove hazards in an emergency. Explosion can be used to bring in sweepers for free. It also hits various mons that give this team trouble very hard.

:garchomp:
Mega-Garchomp: Mega Garchomp is an excellent sweeper. It boosts attack with Swords Dance, speed with Scale Shot and attempts to sweep. Priority users like Mega-Lopunny and Weavile give it trouble. Watch out for Ice Beam from water types. FIre fang hits Corviknight.

Note: This team has not been as rigourously tested as the others on this list.

Oculars

JUST WAIT TILL I DROP THESE FLAMES
is a Tiering Contributor
It's weaknesses are Chansey/Blissey
great teams btw, just wanted to note growth venu with giga drain beats any chansey/blissey without thunder wave you just growth twice now you heal back more than seismic toss does to you and youre immune from toxic
+4 252+ SpA Life Orb Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 277-328 (39.4 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (46.1 - 54.4% recovered)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)