Project National Dex OU Team Bazaar

Mario34

don't play the odds, play the man
is a Tiering Contributor
What's good everyone, I'm gonna post the teams that I used to qualify for NDLT Cycle 2 as NDLT2UTI Netherite, with 1876 ELO and 83.3% GXE. All of them are pretty easy to pilot, and you shouldn't have any trouble using them. They are a mix of Bulky Offense and Balance (sorry HO and Stall enthusiasts, maybe next time.)
:ss/medicham-mega: :ss/tapu koko: :ss/hydreigon: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/ferrothorn: :ss/rotom-wash:
:ss/kyurem: :ss/magnezone: :ss/lopunny-mega: :ss/clefable: :ss/gastrodon: :ss/corviknight:
:ss/kartana: :ss/magnezone: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/lopunny-mega: :ss/tapu fini: :ss/dragonite:
:ss/mawile-mega: :ss/greninja: :ss/toxapex: :ss/serperior: :ss/garchomp: :ss/corviknight:
:ss/landorus-therian: :ss/greninja: :ss/heatran: :ss/tangrowth: :ss/tapu fini: :ss/latias-mega:

Some heat teams that I didn't use for NDLT:
:ss/arctozolt: :ss/slowking: :ss/corviknight: :ss/camerupt-mega: :ss/tapu bulu: :ss/zapdos-galar:
:ss/hydreigon: :ss/magnezone: :ss/regidrago: :ss/garchomp-mega: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/jirachi:

Hope you all enjoy! Click on sprites for the teams.
(pls do smth about the corviknight animation its screwing up the whole post)

Last edited:

adem

yap
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sample Submission
:ss/mawile-mega: :ss/greninja-ash: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/tangrowth: :ss/tapu-fini: :ss/heatran:

Steelium Heatran MawGren BO

This team was initially meant to be a rmt tbh for my 300th post, but i fucked up so w/e, anyways, Steelium Tran was something I had wanted to use for a while now, bc just looking at the calcs made me swoon, being able to remove glisc for maw and fini for gren is just wonderful! Anyways, Maw + Gren + Tran (maw can be tpunch as well, i think both are fine for the build) was the initial core, with Supdef lando as the honorary ground + rocks, as well as check lop / medi for us and checks maw together with tran. HP Fire was chosen here to be able to rock on defog kart, as well as punish kart in general. but that slot feels very customisable in general. SpD fini was added as the honorary gren + tran check ae well as fogger for the team, as well as providing status immune for maw mainly, as well as gren, tang and tran to a smaller extent. AV Tang was added to ease both the Koko and Rain mu, as well as provide a second check to agren so fini doesnt get overwhelmed by stuff like agren+ tran, as well as check opposing CM Fini. Hope you like the team ^^

some replays im in the process of gathering:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1400671868 friendly w ox using a dia team
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1400105470 roomtour finals
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1400097968 vs spooky’s latizone bo
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1400364850-vqyzitmmyjhdo49m075bpb6f31c0bpfpw pannu mhera bo

+submitting this team again, https://pokepast.es/f2d721cc08ef4cc8, explanation here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/national-dex-ou-team-bazaar.3658452/post-8863365

Last edited:
yo, I noticed there is not a lot of cheese/heat in this thread so I thought I'd contribute some of mine. I used these teams in qualifying for NDLT they are pretty solid tho I will note bad MUs.

:Tornadus: :swampert mega: :pelipper: :zapdos: :ferrothorn: :barraskewda:
This team carried me a ton up til 1700s-1800s and I unironically think Torn-I is a really good option on rain. The main idea of this team was birdspam but both of the birds have great options for nuking most steels. A lot of would-be checks like Zap or Ferro can just get worn down by Torn+Zap quite easily and the other can clean. The stall MU is outplaying as fuck w Torn-I so keep that in mind.

:melmetal: :Cresselia: :Camerupt mega: :porygon2: :marowak alola: :hatterene:
This is pretty much the optimal TR, maybe excluding M-Camel but it's funny+rocks. If you want to you can run M-Maw over M-Camel but it makes megazards much more annoying for the team, albeit intim+instant win vs stall could be argued to be just as useful. A well-played AshGren, especially in rain, is just gonna win vs this team. Other than that as long as you get your turn rights TR can be really strong.

just gonna dump other stuff I built for ndlt here, quality may vary
:zapdos galar: :landorus therian: :slowking: :tapu koko: :lopunny mega: :corviknight: - weird BO that loses to opposing elecs
:heatran: :Rillaboom: :greninja: :diancie mega: :landorus therian: :Toxapex: - solid BO
:sableye mega: :clefable: :Toxapex: :tangrowth: :Chansey: :corviknight: - fairly standard stall but w tang because it bodies rain+provides double regen
:tyranitar: :dracozolt: :tangrowth: :corviknight: :excadrill: :diancie-mega: - fun sand but certainly not good sand
:scizor mega: :heatran: :Toxapex: :ditto: :rotom wash: :rillaboom: - pretty bad fat/volt-turn but once in a blue moon can fish good MU

good luck to those still laddering, peace

Ox the Fox

is a Tiering Contributorwon the 8th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Smogon Charity Bowl IV Winner
:Volcanion: :Ninetales-Alola: :Corviknight: :Arctozolt: :Landorus-Therian: :Diancie-Mega:
https://pokepast.es/28494b645910b281

Pretty broken hail - peaked #1 w/ 91.6 GXE using it. Generally I'll break early game with mdiancie/volcanion/landot and then zolt will clean late game. Make sure you preserve your ninetales-a bc oftentimes you'll need more turns to sweep w/ zolt than you initially thought. There's not really any matchups that are autolose here, or even that bad, mlatias and gastrodon are both tricky but toxic volcanion is huge for dealing with them, as well as this utility ninetales set.

hi peeps
METRONOME LELE TEAM
:ss/Tapu_Lele: :ss/Landorus-Therian: :ss/Amoonguss: :ss/Corviknight: :ss/Heatran: :ss/Tyranitar-Mega:
ps : if u want just make lele specs if you want
:ss/Tapu_Lele:
Lele is a great wall breaker in this tier, having only a couple of walls/checks, usually, with Lele, you have to predict the move it is going to strike with, but with nonchoice specs that can make you an unpredictable foe to be scared of. Even with the reduced damage from specs, you can recover that from using a z move or metronome. This time I picked metronome, a heat and underrated set.
The defensive checks to this mon are slim to none only :jirachi: can safely s/i and take hits.
The only way you're dealing with this is, dealing with it as a bulky mon or revenge it with faster mons like :kartana: , :landorus-therian: (scarf) and base 100's basically. Lele's speed is midtier here, not able to outspeed certain threats but a good place to be a wallbreaker.
:ss/Landorus-Therian:
Landorus helps a lot in this build with the special set, helping with revenging kart, mchomp, etc. Just faster mons that pressure lele a lot.
:ss/Amoonguss:
I added a Amoonguss to help spread spores around for lele and help my match up with :rillaboom: , :greninja: and :tapu_koko:.
:ss/Corviknight:
I added Corviknight for a defoger and a having another check to mons like :rillaboom: , :gliscor: , :landorus-therian: , :excadrill: , :weavile: and importantly :lopunny:
:ss/Heatran:
I added Heatran to help our Stall MU with firium.
:ss/Tyranitar-mega:
I added MTTAR for an extra check to :weavile: , :heatran: :latias-mega: and set up rocks
Over time mons can waste the psychic terrain and just stall out the mon like :clefable: . :corviknight: and etc.
Also, it gives you not being forced to predict so you can have a safe win, and some might think its specs so you can focus blast/super effective on a steel type s/i'ing and trying to be greedy like, :excadrill: and more.
ty for reading
edit: i might add replays, calcs, more info and ladder results at a later date.

Last edited:

adem

yap
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
sample submission pt2

:ss/latias-mega: :ss/heatran: :ss/clefable: :ss/gastrodon: :ss/toxapex: :ss/weavile:

sd weavile is (i feel) a better partner for lati fat teams compared to band vile, so that + steel z tran and cm lati was the main build. steel z tran can be steel beam (better rolls vs fini etc) or flash (deals w cm clef better), both can work here imo, boltbeam mlati with thunder is a strong set, letting you cheese past a ton of shit as well as deal with mana, and rain as a whole, better, and appreciates tar being removed by heatran and weavile being pressured by hazards. cm rocks clef here is to maintain rocks vs teams to further neuter weavile, asw as provide a ground immune. smog gastro is here for opposing cm clef + mana, gren as well as provides a heatran check and a ground. physdef pex here gives us an additional pivot into gren, a check to mmawile [either dedicate both a team and a z move slot for sub z zoner, or accept the loss] , weavile which i feel threaten a lot of lati fats nowadays, which rely on mons like helm corv as a check [current sample] (gets knocked and loses) and TWave Melmetal, which again rely on the likes of helm corv and hoping gastro / corv doesnt get knocked or hazards arent up [in the case of gastro]; as well as pivoting into band kart which mlati can often struggle to do because beam does not ohko kart

ye

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/4b6a389cae5476d9
Yo, It's Elevated and I came back with another team.

To start this team explanation we're going to go with a Pivot Team. Volt Switch +Teleport + 2 U-Turns allows for high pivoting and momentum as well as damage dealing for this team. It allows for higher damage potential however uses a great amount of prediction to get itself going and after it does, its almost like the team plays itself.

Tapu Koko is the Volt Switch Abuser, its objective is to break down things that Mega Beedrill doesn't such as Skarmory, Corviknight, and other Physically bulky mons and can catch the occasional Gliscor or Landorus-Therian off guard with HP ice as well as stack Volt Switch Punishing on Blisseys and Chanseys.

Mega Beedrill is one of the and is the Main U-Turner on the team meaning to deal with things that Tapu Koko can't such as Blissey, Chansey, Slowking-Galar and other specially bulky mons and do solid damage to things with Future Sights From Slowbro and be meaningful against Landorus-Therian and Gliscor. It can also remove things that punish U-Turns with Knock Off and remove the chip since Tapu Koko isn't immune to hazards and Beedrill Has the Bug typing which makes it harder for it to swap in with rocks up.

Blaziken is like a way to weaken things that may get in with neutrality such as Gliscor that can be worn down with its 2+ attacks and/or Z. The damage it can do can also make the match-up change entirely...or do absolutely nothing. Also works as an offensive check to offensive threats like Bisharp, Scizor/Mega Scizor, and Weavile.

Slowbro is for a Defensive Midground for Landorus-Therian and Gliscor or defensive things in general. Sets up Future Sight and can Pivot into Offensive options and help improve your endgame.

Gliscor is your heatran check and to Mega Beedrill yourself and help in general with pivot Hazard Removal and self heal. All in all a great Pokemon.

Ferrothorn is your hazard set up as well as a way to beat Tapu Fini, Greninja, and Tapu Koko as well as Close Combatless Tapu Bulu. As well as help deal with Specs Tapu Lele with slowbro but it works better to out offense them before they can get it out and work it down fast if it comes out.

This team uses many factors to win and it gets tough but if you willing to put in work with predicts, strong leads, and pure balls to do things with this team. Goodluck.

Edit: Okay so some friends made a good point. The Moveset on Blaziken and the Z it works with can be changed to what it wants to hit. You can change Earthquake for Protect/Thunder Punch/U-Turn Since Pivot abuse is good. As well as use thing like firium and Electrium if you want. Just thought this would be good for clarity regarding that. Personally I like fighting-z but if you want to change it its all good. Change Made: 8:20AM 9/3/2021
Tapu Koko.pngBlaziken.jpgSlowbro2.jpgFerrothorn.pngGliscor.jpgMBeedrill.png

Last edited:

Keem

formerly Nezloe
Hello,this my first post here be gentle:blobuwu:.

Gonna dump 3 teams I built that I've had fun with but since I'm not the best at building they are arguably bad,I hope you enjoy these teams as much as I did :P

Bean Semi Stall:
:latias-mega: :Chansey: :Corviknight:
:reuniclus: :gliscor: :toxapex:

Made this team awhile back when I was trying new build archetypes that weren't HO. I've always loved stall in nat dex due to mega sableye and and gliscor so I decided to put my own twist on it by using mega latias and using it offensively giving me semi stall,this team (imo) is very fun to use on ladder I somehow beat hail with this so yeah lol,I would also like to give a shout out to R8 for the awesome advice when it comes to building stall. I also had a way better edited version off this team but its lost in my builder somewhere lol. Also here is where the team name inspiration came from:

Gardilele:
:Gardevoir-Mega: :tapu-lele: :excadrill: :tapu-fini: :ferrothorn: :landorus-therian:

Wanted to make a mega-gard team and then it hit me,"lele seems like a good partner" and the team was born. Scarf excadrill I was testing for diancee MUs but lefties work as well :)

The Start Of Zineth:

:tyranitar-mega: :ferrothorn: :slowbro: :excadrill: :Corviknight: :mew:
I wanted to build generic sand but w/e.
Ngl this team i had the most fun with because of a shock factor set called wide lens mew (s/o to adem for being a test dummy :} and s/o to omicorio for giving me some advice on what I could add etc) And um sorry to all the ppl I hit focus blast on their weavile and heatrans :3.

Thanks for reading and im looking forward to posting more teams here in the future!:heart:

Side team: https://pokepast.es/45b3667d6b4dd0a6
This is some wack shit right here trust me

Last edited:
:ss/torkoal: :ss/blaziken: :ss/venusaur: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/tapu lele: :ss/victini:

This is a sun team I made recently, based primarily on Blaziken's sheer power in sun (read here for more info). After testing I adopted rapid spin torkoal for its ability to provide a backup removal option, and body press is only good for ttar in practice, who still gets crippled by toxic. Venusaur is an automatic addition to sun teams, providing speed control, a late-game cleaning option, toxic (spikes) absorber, etc. Unfortunately the ubiquity of dragons and zard y in the tier makes sweeping outright much more tricky without sludge bomb, but this set provides the best overall coverage. I adopted spD landorus-t from standard OU since it could be used as a blanket pivot into many threats such as lopunny, garchomp, etc while also soft checking tapu koko (notably avoiding a OHKO from HP ice), blacephalon, gengar, volcarona, etc. Since torkoal already provided a decent source of stealth rocks, I adopted a defog variant to have a primary method of hazard removal. Tapu lele seemed like a decent fit for its ability to clean late game after steel types had been pressured to death, while also sporting a boosted HP fire for scizor, ferrothorn, corviknight, and other steel types. Focus blast is mainly for heatran, but also provides a midground between hitting greninja and said steels. Victini rounds off the team's offenses, having its vcreate boosted to absurd proportions while having a psychic terrain boosted zen headbutt to OHKO toxapex and provide midgrounds vs dragons, lando, pex, etc. Bolt strike threatens water types (especially against rain teams) while u-turn is an obvious pivoting option vs ttar for example.

I've gotten back into the 1800s with this team, as very few teams are able to handle blaziken and friends effectively, even when properly built against them. Typical sun checks like latias, lando-t, toxapex, garchomp, etc. are all liable to get throttled by the team's breaking core of z-blitz blaziken + victini. Feel free to use this team if you want, I take it as a complement :-) .

Last edited:
Sample Submission
MLOP BO

lopunny-mega.gif.m.1532458525.giftapu-fini.gif.m.1608618298.gifheatran.gif.m.1532458525.gifgarchomp.gif.m.1523036372.gifcorviknight.gif.m.1608618298.gifserperior.gif.m.1523036372.gif

The team starts off with Mega Lopunny who I thought to be pretty strong in the current meta because of the amount of offensive teams and lack of Slowbro usage. Next I added a Fire-Water-Grass core consisting of Heatran, Tapu Fini, and Serperior. Heatran, Specifically Heavy Slam Heatran, for countering Clefable which can otherwise be a giant threat to this team. The tran spread is a bit unorthodox but it allows tran to always 2hko clef after Leftovers recover and has speed creep other trans, mega maws, zones as well. Serperior is here to help with defensive synergy and to help against pokemon like Tapu Fini, Swampert, and Manaphy. Next, I have an offensive cm Tapu Fini, which is a big threat as it can take advantage of fat teams that lack offensive pressure. Finis spread is also unorthodox but it is there to creep gliscor , modest Tran, anything trying to speed creep gliscor , and other cm finis. The special attack is allowing it to beat Chansey in a 1v1 securing the stall matchup if no shedninja. Next I have Defog Corviknight as glue, Flying-type resist, and check to Rillaboom and other Phyiscal attackers. To round it out I have Z Garchomp to set up Stealth Rocks and act as a Volt Blocker.
In my opinion this team is very easy to pilot and is a good representation of the meta. For these reasons I think it should be A sample team. Thanks !
Edit: your computer didn’t freeze idk why the sprites aren’t moving lool

Last edited:
Sample Submission: Brainless HO Featuring agility Porygon Z and Adrenaline orb Kartana
Heres the squad:
:Landorus-therian: :Porygon-Z: :Kommo-o: :Kartana: :Serperior: :Charizard-Mega-X:

https://pokepast.es/0728763a3c9db45d

General way to play
Suicide lead lando then into any mon that can break mons that might be hard for other sweepers to sweep. Porygon Z is modest to have a higher chance to 2hko blissey with psyshock(94% instead of 17%). If its a good kart sweep MU, make sure u don't kill opposing lando-t before activating kart. MManectric is incredibly satisfying to kill with adrenaline orb kart.

Team isn't very polished and doesn't really synergize well, but it's fun and has been doing well at about 1600. Should probably replace ZardX for literally any other mon prob sd mchomp

Last edited:

The Dragon Master

So you have chosen, Death
is a Pre-Contributor
Sample submission
Mlop drei gren Bulky Offense

:ss/Greninja-ash: :ss/hydreigon: :ss/lopunny-mega: :ss/Corviknight: :ss/Landorus-Therian: :ss/Slowking-galar:

So this is a cool BO, built around the core of lop gren and drei:

:lopunny-mega: :greninja-ash: :hydreigon: these 3 are the offensive core, and they have great synergy as they take advantage of/weaken each other's checks. Lop + any breaker is already really great, as lop is inherently very good at faciliting other breakers, and these 2 have among the best synergy with it due to them Really appreciating lop luring their checks and chipping them or beating them with pup encore. Lop can also be the u turn set, but pup beating clef pex and stuff is very cool. Its also this teams speed control, limiting wallbreakers like Kartana. Gren gives spikes, while also giving us great breaking power and cleaning potential. Drei is the 3rd breaker, and can rip big holes in balance and bulky offense, and can be either ground z or dark z, I just prefer dark z cuz clef is lured by Lopunny. Its also the dark resist to beat gren in combination with glowking, and is the 2nd tran check as well.

:Corviknight: next up we have the best mon in all of existence, corv acts as our defogger, kart check, and Loppuny check. Not much to say here it's pretty standard.

:Slowking-galar: galar king is the blanket special wall of the team, checking various special attackers like kyurem, magnezone, koko etc while also pivoting in on gren. Its EQ to check tran better.

:Landorus-Therian: next we have the king himself, sup def Lando compresses several important roles here, its a check to mchomp with HP ice, and gives rocks and also checks stuff like medi while giving us a volt blocker. Its Hp ice with -spdef to help with grounds and u aren't using it to take special hits anyways.

Overall really solid team almost everything is handled fairly well between drei and the defensive core, gren and tran might get irritating in the long run with spikes but considering the immense breaking power here, just win before they do

Last edited:
:Cloyster: :Chansey: :Corviknight: :Grimmsnarl: :Ferrothorn: :Beedrill:
https://pokepast.es/f35b04e8e64b019f

SAMPLE TEAM
This Team Is Mainly a setup, then sweep. Ferrothorn is the stealth rock/ spikes setter. It can also explode once it is done setting up. Watch out for Victini, though. Ferrothorn will get obliterated. Thats why Chansey is there for back up. It can use seismic toss to deal 100 damage per hit. For Victini, we have cloyster as an anti-Victini.
It has skill link to hit its moves 5 times. Mega Beedrill is an attack sweeper. Fell stinger, than poison jab.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/3faf13e9b5174ecb

This is cool BO. The core is medi/vile and koko.

Medi and vile is such a cool offensive combo because medi hit everything hard except shedinja and psychic type and vile can just pursuit it. Koko is added because i need true dark resist (weavile doesnt count as dark resist because its fragile) , it also work as pivot via moves u-turn and it provide elec terrain as well which can abuse by medi thunder punch.

Corv and pex work as defensive structure. Its just to good lol. Garchomp work as rocker and zrockium set is nice to pressure opposing team defoger.

Threatlist : heatran, nothing in this team want to switch into heatran except pex/garchomp

replay :
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1419673016-omnr5wmzsdyi7u6zu5kvxhzc2jdh0m3pw (6-0 shed stall)

1632260085464.png1632260154123.png1632260122997.png1632260179722.png1632260301835.png1632270585499.png

This team is built around mega gardevoir which I believe is a great breaker. Mega gardevoir is running dual stabs + focus blast to round out its coverage and to hit heatran and OHKO's mega ttar. Taunt is the 4th move as it stops pokemon from stalling it out such as chansey, slowking, clefable, and blissey, it also helps to prevent being statused from pokemon such as blissey, and toxapex. Magnezone is the partner for mega gardevoir as it is able to trap mega scizor, ferrothorn, and corviknight as they make mega gardevoir really struggle to be able to force progress. Landorus-t is here for the stealth rocks, and the offensive presence with Z-Fly allowing holes to be broken for either a mega gardevoir or weavile clean late game. It also helps the team against mega charizard x which is a big threat otherwise. Weavile is here for being able to take advantage of magnezone trapping steels that annoy weavile, and take advantage of toxapex. Weavile also opens holes by softening the opponents team for gardevoir. Tapu Fini weakens the opponents with nature's madness, prevents them from recovering via taunt, and just is great against heatran, and greninja. Corviknight is the deffoger, it is the one I chose because I needed something against physical attackers such as kartana, CB ttar, mega loppony, and physical baed protean gren. In the end this is bazaar, you can go tapu lele over mega gardevoir and probably have similar success.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1421491765-p01z99zsgvl717burmc9aqxet0ircx4pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1421504083

Hello there, I have got a couple of fun teams for you.

1) The first one is my version of lower tiers to the top 500. I used 0 nat dex OU and 5 UR mons but I still achieved my objective with it getting above 1700. Its consists of my 3 favourite starters - Mega Sceptile, Feraligatr and Infernape along with 2 legendaries - Thundurus-Therian and Latios and one steel Copperajah. Copper is there to provide rocks heavy slam the clefable and heat crash the Ferros, Corvs and Mega Scizors. Earthquake is there for Heatran and other electrics and I have a shuca berry to take one hit from Garchomp and get up rocks vs Lando-T. Mega Sceptile provides speed control, blocking volt switch albeit risky and helps revenging Mega Lopunny, Ash-Gren, Koko and Zeraoras. Ive gone with work up for the better match up vs fat and a potential late game cleaning/ pseudo wallbreaking but I sometimes use Leaf storm to oko stuff like mega medicham. Feraligatr is 4 attacks and not DD bc Rilla is bloody everywhere and aqua jet is there for Volcarona, Blacepheon and a weakened scarf Lando. Infernape is SD life orb with stabs and mach punch for mega lop and unsuspecting Gren. Thundy-T is the powerful wallbreaker with fightinium z to power through blissey after a nasty plot and ohko stuff like slowbro at neutral and provides electric immunity. Latios is scarfed with back up speed control to revenge the likes of Zard-X and Kommo-o at +1 after they have taken prior damage. I have energy ball which outspeeds and okos the big one - jolly mega swampert in rain. Trick is there to mess up the fat blobs. I used to run draco but for the sake of opposing webs I've gone for defog. I have struggled against HO more often with this build and if I am anti led on turn 1 but nevertheless I am glad this high risk high reward project has come to fruition for me personally.

https://pokepast.es/52f4100e7093e7ee

1633080470552.png
1633080501273.png
1633080541006.png
1633080568960.png
1633080592750.png
1633080642377.png

Here are some replays I've achieved with this squad
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1326155964-ax3g0ngxkuuxxginyvkg4t9bv11oftppw - Proof of Peak
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1426841787-wx75v50mrxjnvyqvfv7n3v0bcwfum9ppw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1426214485-4amjhwhljzieqputbyzz3bb3c1gs9drpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1396390147 - vs Rain
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1390772216 - vs stall
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1396385556-xssi6psrz8eynia1kpd7yk55kdtvp8npw - Vs stall
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1396387155-zp4wyvdve12h4qjc2i35rnmg85m2ii2pw - vs stall
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1338892326-g8vrnisz5w7hyu8659tkew17ob0vxvwpw - vs stall - Mega Sceptile puts in work vs stall
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1337167266-45uu5l4o7t264g80ta5pkpvgj2gz07ppw - stall
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1326526954-x17inp2l9okckfxmhyzuloplxtz77yepw - stall
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1390746236 - vs webs
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1390750825 -- vs Balance
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1425345186-at4lon80otm71sleb3zsyn2t3e4r4ompw - vs rain
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1338877997-diijv1bm6xqg42mifqtddzdvipbwagjpw - vs rain
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1390731225-167bdln1sr48638wz3eig6f4fst4ougpw - vs trick room
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1389870141-su5bs6acxyfb98j7bfj4q28vj3evtbppw vs HO
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1338880632-9b58f0ct406nusotctidi89svi5gl6spw - HO
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1389847446-j4u1akzqt874uitj97t6ynx76z915lnpw - vs sun
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1383688405-506darelvug3kp8y64ekiacmerhnnippw - vs sand

2) Now a fun rain team with Salamence. Salamence is my fav pseudo-legendary and I feel its a good fit on rain providing 4x resistance and intimidate to Rillabooms grassy glide and its stabs take care of Kyurem and Rillaboom, dont forget it also outspeeds Kyurem and threatens to oko it from full. It can also surprise Landorus-T who thinks your physical and suddenly it gets Hydrod. Its a good partner to Mega Swampert too and takes care of its checks. Ive gone for specs for more power but life orb + roost also works. Mega Swampert, Pelipepper and Ferrothorn are staples of rain and do their usual stuff. Mega Pert is jolly bc of scarf Kart. Heliolisk - Ive gone for bc of water immunity to block shuriken from Ash Gren albeit risky. It also has a life orb which allows it to pivot while gaining health in rain via dry skin and punch some big holes in the opposition, Barraskewda is the secondary swift swimmer of the team and speed control and hits hard with a cb under rain.

https://pokepast.es/988fa52f08ea08de
1633081299698.png
1633081387063.png
1633081365865.png
1633081407486.png
1633081453575.png
1633081478769.png

Here are some replays -
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1261599667
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1284121558-kgpd2jea55wbikmwq822v8vd73ibufepw - Salamence scares Kyurem on turn 1
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1422272667-oxgg5cx2run5xoq9lqcuhk8mzldhbbnpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1391278391-mm0fim7qk76tbzag23xwphhc4o5u4ztpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1402071804-947g6uj4qfrlz6jotw05e3unrm1xli7pw

Last edited:
SUN TEAM
:torkoal: :venusaur: :blaziken: :weavile: :landorus-therian: :tapu-fini:
pokepaste : https://pokepast.es/97a80d1a31a39384

I got this idea from Zaza (sorry for ping ;-;) , he make rmt about sun team for usum ou, i just use blaziken over charizard x because charizard need double defog and hard to play and did a few minor change to his team.
Recently when im using this team from 1560+ to 1720+ (my peaked) , i just lost twice iirc and both of them because i play very bad. I think this team is good for newbie because easy to use.

Introduction: Yo, It's Elevated again and I've got quite the treat for bazaar. Me and my good friend MortalityI have been building teams for the past month and we decided let's give NDOU a little taste of what we've been cooking up. (Side Note: Mods if this is considered to be too big for Bazaar Dm on discord at ElevatedGodlyness ↯#9535).

Mega Gallade Bulky Offense: https://pokepast.es/14c8ec3899ff9f67
Small Description: This team was generally intended for Gallade to show off its prowess in being able to do significant damage as well as a double trapper team using both Whirlpool + Nature's Madness Tapu Fini Paired with Magma Storm Heatran. One of the few issues for this team is beating kartana as times it can struggle with it as when Landorus-Therian is Special Defensive invested. Also this team can sometimes have issues with Gliscor if you can't trap it with Fini and kill it or you can't find an opportunity to Triple Axel it. All in all good team.

Gengar Z Fighting + Mega Diancie Balance: https://pokepast.es/d97e0eb07c4635ad
Short Description: Okay yes I'm biased towards this team since it has Gengar and Galarian-Slowking on it it(I love poison types) and this team was personally my favorite. Gotta admit Landorus-Therian & Tapu Fini is going to show up a lot on all of these teams seeing as they are so good. But back to what the team does. The reason why its Sub Fighting-Z is to be able to get somewhat of a free pass of swapping out with sub up with taking only 25% from the total HP of Gengar instead of the entire Pokemon. Z-Fighting is to be able to break down those who can pursuit it such as Weavile or Tyranitar(You need it chipped since Tyranitar is fat. Skarmory is to help Galarian-Slowking deal with Choice Specs Tapu Lele's Psyshock.(Ironic since Mortality Thought of it and his Smogon PFP is a Tapu Lele.)

Mega Sharpedo Bulky Offense: https://pokepast.es/552910749091f8de
Short Description: By far I'd consider this the most unique one with Sharpedo. Originally thought this was one of the worst Megas. Turns out is pretty freaking good. This team is pretty standard with DDance Dragonite + Choice Specs Magnezone. It's intended to break pretty quick but if it fails it could be hit or miss. Although this team does give quite the rush and I personally enjoy using it.

Scarf Tana X + Terrakion: https://pokepast.es/b483a64e2db1801f
Short Description: Okay this is in my opinion the strongest team of all of them... I mean Kartana, Charizard X and Terrakion. This this team had someone of a longevity breaking weakness but we fixed it. Remember when using this team since it requires set up and things can Toxic or Burn to stop it remember you have a Tapu Fini Misty Terrain to protect you. A lot of these teams are shiny since Mortality made changes to these last night and earlier Today and he loves shiny sprites so uh yeah. This team also has wish support so that essentially it could be "unkillable"(Stupidly Hard to stop it from breaking). But this team will always need you to play well; All of the teams do. But yeah by far the strongest teams of all of these teams.

Mega Latias + Volcarona + Zeraora Balance: https://pokepast.es/f6d9de6793327de2
Short Description: This one we was just screwing around with Zeraora and we was creating another Fighting-Z. We also decided to use Defensive Volcarona with HP Ground to Beat Heatran. This was also kind of cool using Future Sight on Latias as a means to break Toxapex with Urshifu. This is a very much fun and unique team so I'd recommend trying it if you feel like using the unorthodox.

Banded Rhyperior Mega Medicham Balance: https://pokepast.es/c2280ce8c47223f4
Short Description: I woke up a morning and just wanted to make a team with a Banded Rhyperior. Me and Kofi got to work and we came up with something very much different from the other teams. Wish Jirachi for Tapu Lele, Mantine for Greninja, and Mega Medicham just for that sweet damage. Banded Rhyperior doesn't play at all, this thing will do serious damage to whatever swaps in on it if it gets the play right.
252+ Atk Choice Band Rhyperior Heat Crash (80 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 212-250 (53.1 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Possible damage amounts: (212, 214, 216, 220, 222, 224, 226, 230, 232, 234, 236, 240, 242, 244, 246, 250).
252+ Atk Choice Band Rhyperior Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 228-268 (57.8 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Possible damage amounts: (228, 229, 232, 235, 238, 241, 243, 246, 249, 252, 255, 256, 259, 262, 265, 268).
252+ Atk Choice Band Rhyperior Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Sableye-Mega: 175-207 (57.7 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Possible damage amounts: (175, 177, 180, 181, 183, 186, 187, 189, 192, 193, 196, 198, 199, 202, 204, 207).

Mega Gardevoir + Shed Shell Toxapex Balance: https://pokepast.es/cb144f847422ffec
Short Description: This was more MortalityI than me but I can assure you this is a pretty fun team to use with shed shell Toxapex to be able to swap out of Heatran Magma Storms. Taunt Mega Gardevoir negates recovery and a Landorus-Therian Rocks set up as well makes it easier to beat Chansey and blissey.

Outroduction: This was a pretty nice month to build all of these teams. Sorry if this was a long post but I really enjoy posting descriptions about these teams. If you have any questions about these teams feel free to DM me at my Smogon Profile or Discord(Preferred) (ElevatedGodlyness ↯#9535). See you next month National Dex Bazaar.

Photo Album for all the Pokemon used in the creation of this post. : )

Cdijk16

Cdijk21 on PS!
is a Pre-Contributor
https://pokepast.es/9bb9e87e7058cf3c

Team Style: Hyper Offense

Team Roles
Excadrill : Suicide Lead
Tapu Koko : Screen Setter, Pivot
Hawlucha : Setup Sweeper
Kartana : Wallbreaker
Volcarona : Setup Sweeper
M-Gyarados : Setup Sweeper

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Always send in excadrill first. The priority is to setup stealth rock and to stop the opponent from getting their own hazards. If these two priorities are fulfilled, feel free to use it to attack.

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Volt Switch
- Taunt

Send Koko in second. Make sure to setup screens. Use taunt to block defogging or hazard setting attempts.

Kartana @ Normalium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Giga Impact

Kartana, using it's immense attack and swords dance, can eliminate many of the tier's best walls. This can clear the way for other sweepers to wreck havoc. If threats are cleared, it may even sweep on its own. Corviknight and Skarmory may pose a threat. Use the Z-move to defeat Zapdos. Beware of faster special attackers.

Here are a few calcs.

+2 252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Landorus-Therian: 333-393 (87.1 - 102.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Kartana Breakneck Blitz (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 188 Def Zapdos: 521-614 (136 - 160.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 184+ Def Corviknight: 186-219 (46.6 - 54.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Volcarona @ Psychium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic

Volcarona is an excellent special sweeper. Heatran, Blissey, and Chansey wall outright. HP ground can be used to help beat Heatran.

Calcs:

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 56+ SpD Clefable: 211-250 (53.5 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Shattered Psyche (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 432-510 (142.1 - 167.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Acrobatics
- Substitute

Setup substitute on passive pokemon. Use swords dance to boost up and attempt to sweep. Beware of Zapdos.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Substitute

Setup substitute, use dragon dance, and attempt to sweep.

I reached around 1550 elo and 70% GXE with this team. Good Luck and have fun.

This is my first time posting here, so sorry about any mistakes I made.

Hello! This is my first post on smogon ever, I think. I was a gym leader on a pixlemon server and this is the team I used for a couple of months. Keep in mind it IS a monotype team, but not designed for monotype format, just regular natdex. Even on that note: it is highly equipped to deal with the things I ran into on the server, so there are some things that would work better on ladder, like Ferrothorn.

https://pokepast.es/fa90381fc5c39c0e -I've recently gotten this team to 1600 on the regular NatDex ladder. I don't often save my replays, but if requested I can try to find some of the ones I have.
mawile.png

Starting with the mega of the team, Mawile is incredibly strong, or so everyone tells me. It does it's job, but I find it missing the KO it needs more often than not, which is disappointing. It has an extremely basic, but effective moveset and ev spread, but it holds it's place on the team. 9/10
heatran.png

Next is probably the most important mon on the team. Heatran has an extremely offensive set that deals with a LOT of things that want to hurt the team. Even on a negative nature, 24 attack EVs is enough to ohko almost every Zard Y and Volcarona. Ironically one of the best Landorus-T answers on the team, it beats out just about every Lando set except offensive U-Turn so still be careful. 11/10
corviknight.png

Corviknight, my goodness, is Corv important. An amazing defensive pivot, it's able to alleviate some of the stress on Heatran. The perfect switch to scout a Lando and the only thing standing between me and a scarf Urshifu sweep. It's able to KO Volcarona and most fighting threats with Brave Bird and often plays more offensively than you would think. 10/10
aegislash-shield.png

Aegislash is one of my absolute favorite mons to use due to the mind games it can force. This one is specifically EVd to live an EQ from max attack Lando-T after Stealth Rock and also Specs Ash-Greninja Dark Pulse and has a Weakness Policy to boot! Another invaluable member of the team, it offers a fighting type immunity, which completes our core of immunities to steel's weaknesses. 10/10
excadrill.png

Excadrill is a strange case. It doesn't necessarily bring anything other mons can't, but it is specifically good at taking out Rotom forms. It's pretty much forced to be the rock setter, but that isn't necessarily bad since the mon serves as a generally useful and utility mon. It often ends up putting a big hole in the opponents team, but if it doesn't hit, it almost fails entirely. Being slow enough to die to most of steel's biggest threats, I also often find it fainting quickly and without serving it's purpose. 8/10
kartana.png

Last, but certainly not least, Kartana was my pick for a quick offensive mon, and boiii does it do it's job. You wouldn't think that a mon 4x weak to fire would perform so well on a steel team, but this bad boy can bring you back from a 1-6 situation if you play your cards right. Scarf Kart is so disgusting and after just one KO, just one measly picking, it can shred through the opponent's team. It has it's checks and counters, however, so it's best to keep it in the back till you know it can put in some work. I've finished so many games without bringing Kartana out because I'm waiting for the right moment. Best utilized in the late game, or when you see the opening, it has been an invaluable asset to the team and covers some of the more niche weaknesses you wouldn't think of. 11/10

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)