Project National Dex OU Team Bazaar

pannu

THE GONG OF KNOCKOUT
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
bazaarpng.png

Approved by Kaede/Idea based off of the OU Team Bazaar Thread/Art by Zephyri
Welcome to the National Dex OU Team Bazaar! The idea behind this is to share cool teams that you have in a more casual environment than a formal RMT

Rules
1. Playtest your teams before you put them up. This allows us to get a polished product that people can use/give effective advice on.
2. Please provide an importable of the team and give a brief but thorough description of the team.
3. This is also THE PLACE for sample team submissions. If you are doing so, please provide a good description of the team and make sure to mention that the team is being submitted explicitly for sample team consideration.

4. This is not a place to get your teams rated, if you need advice on your team consider going to our discord, the room, or the RMT subforum.
5. Additionally, try to avoid rating other peoples teams in this thread; its meant for sharing teams, not rating them.

Pretty simple. Happy sharing!

Last edited by a moderator:

Funbot28

Banned deucer.

A standard screens offense that has been super common on the ladder. Mew sets up hazards and can deter setup sweepers and other mons alike with Red Card and Grimmsnarl acts as a great screen setter and basically it just becomes a pick ur poison with the abundance of setup sweepers, where Zygarde and Hawlucha act as the main Dynamax abusers of the team. Magearna and Mega Toise van hold their own as well once the opposing Dmax has been used. Really easy team to use and I think represents the meta well right now lol.

A standard screens offense that has been super common on the ladder. Mew sets up hazards and can deter setup sweepers and other mons alike with Red Card and Grimmsnarl acts as a great screen setter and basically it just becomes a pick ur poison with the abundance of setup sweepers, where Zygarde and Hawlucha act as the main Dynamax abusers of the team. Magearna and Mega Toise van hold their own as well once the opposing Dmax has been used. Really easy team to use and I think represents the meta well right now lol.
I can attest to this team's ease of use and downright disgusting potential. Guy on showdown gave me a near copy of this but Kartana instead of Hawlucha and Corv instead of Mew. You're literally just getting out there, making sure screens get up, then bring in a bulky sweeper and pick your poison. You see their team is weak to Blastoise? Shell Smash behind screens and 6-0 them. No switchin for Kartana to snowball? You win. No way to break Zygarde subDD? You just lost.

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
:Torkoal: :Venusaur: :Metagross-Mega: :Blacephalon: :Tapu Fini: :Hydreigon:

https://pokepast.es/f223564149fa5ffa

This is a very fun little Sun team that I've been playing with. Torkoal and Venusaur are obvious shoe ins on any sun team, and Torkoal actually has some very nice defensive utility as it is unironically one of the best Kartana checks in the tier. The powering up of Fire Attacks and the presense of Venusaur to beat some bulky Waters frees up some coverage for Mega Metagross, letting it run its STABs and Earthquake to mash Aegislash while still having room for Ice Punch. Scarf Blacephalon is one of my favorite cleaners right now and is absolutely nuclear with sun powering it up. Tapu Fini provides the team with some needed defensive integrity and gives secondary hazard removal; this is primarily to keep Torkoal and Blacephalon in as good condition as possible. Finally, Hydreigon is a stupidly powerful wallbreaker with Specs, made all the more effective because most people expect Nasty Plot variants that don't have that kind of raw power from the get go.

:hydreigon::zygarde::Scizor-mega::Toxapex::aegislash::ditto:
Thousand Islands (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 160
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Toxic
- Substitute

Lol Metagross (Scizor-Mega) (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

Greninja's End (Toxapex) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 44 Def / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic

Sword & Shield (Aegislash) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- King's Shield
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic

Pls not Toxic (Hydreigon) (F) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 244 SpA / 32 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Defog
- Roost

Fuck you (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Transform
ASS FORCE™.

This is a fire squad. We got Toxapex on the bass providing the backbone to the defensive core. We got Zygarde on the drums who has a good wincon. Hydreigon is on rhythm guitar with offensive defog + Darkinium Z, Aegislash is the keys with Sub Toxic, and Ditto is the lead vocalist wild card.

Alone, they are nothing. Together they are ASS FORCE™.

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Here's a Balance team I believe is pretty solid overall.

:lopunny-mega::reuniclus::toxapex::zapdos::ferrothorn::dracovish:

An in-depth analysis can be found here.
Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Toxic
- Recover

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Acid Armor
- Stored Power
- Recover

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Quick Attack

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Protect

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Outrage
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch

Zapdos@ Heavy Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Last edited:
:alomomola: :gliscor: :clefable: :sableye-mega: :amoonguss: :corviknight:

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Def / 220 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 148 HP / 248 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Night Shade
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Stomping Tantrum
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Defog
- Body Press

So, I have mixed success with this team, and I feel it needs improvement, but I'm not sure how to improve it. Alomomola is primarily on the team to counter Darmanitan, but it is also a check to Zard X, Cinderace, Dracovish, and Mega Metagross. Knock off makes banded Dracovish and Darmantian easier o wall.

Gliscor is the Heatran check for the team, and unfortunately it doesn't check much else. I feel like I need it though, because most Heatran have toxic, crippling other checks. On top of that, I needed a Pokemon that can also set stealth rock.

Clefable is the obligatory (for stall) unaware Pokemon of choice. It provides heal bell support, and the defensive investment allows it to wall Mega Lopunny and Hawlucha (Alomomola can check Lopunny, but Clefable needs minimal investment to check Lopunny after the investment needed for Hawlucha). The rest is dumped into SpD to better check Blace, boltbeam Magearna, and Mega Blastoise lacking hydro pump.

Mega Sableye is excellent at preventing passive hazard setters like Ferrothorn and Toxapex from chipping away at my team. Maximum defense investment also makes it a superb check to Mega Medicham, even under electric terrain, as well as a check to Mega Metagross. Night shade is the attack of choice, as no other attack can wear down Toxapex, Ferrothorn, and the other Pokemon Sableye checks.

Amoonguss puts a stop to volt switch spam, and checks some Pokemon problematic to stall, such as Fini, Bulu, cm Fleurbolt Magearna, and Mega Blastoise with hydro pump. It also serves as a lure for Heatran.

Lastly, we have Corviknight. I seem to have 4MSS with this Pokemon; I want iron head for fairy types, like Lele; body press for Kartana and Excadrill; roost for recovery; defog for hazards; and iron defense for SDSR Pokemon, like Garchomp and Lando. Amoonguss can somewhat check Kartana, but it is rather frail on the physical side. Excadrill can be slowly worn down, and iron defense can prevent Excadrill from boosting through you as you wittle it down... but I'm not a fan of this option.

Dracozolt Offense

:sm/metagross-mega: :ss/dracozolt: :ss/rotom-heat: :sm/genesect: :sm/tangrowth: :sm/chansey:

Probably my favorite team I've used this gen so far. I made this as soon as I realized how hard Dracozolt hits so I decided I was gonna try to fit it onto a Chansey Offense. And the result was this. Mega Metagross is the rocker of choice since It didn't really fit anywhere else and I didn't want to relie on Seismic Toss for Chansey. Rotom-Heat and Genesect give the usual Voltturn support for Mega Metagross and Dracozolt to come in on switches. Tangrowth is the teams only answer to Zygarde which is fine because Tangrowth can take very big beaten from it and still come out victorious. Tangrowth + Chansey can take on most the metagame just together so they make a excellent defensive backbone for the team.

I won my first ever tournament I ever played with this team so I guess it was worth making it.

2910D4E1-2395-4C32-BC88-D3CA00F22B57.jpeg

9778ECAB-521D-4541-994D-159C9773B526.png
CE7A355B-9B06-4923-9F30-2C10078AB8A2.png
7357FB5A-F12C-4981-84E9-B4C1B67EAFA7.png
7101EA5B-E0DC-4C26-AA6A-5E593D829432.png
6E169D5A-F22D-4FAB-BCE5-4EE1B080E978.png
BFDB14AC-F81D-4FF0-A42C-0426C975A3CD.png

https://pokepast.es/c5bb953edb912575

As of the making of this post I have made it to the 1500s on the ladder which isn’t a bad spot at all for this ladder, and I owe it to this team.

This team has the infamous Hydreigon + Aegi core along with Amoonguss for M-Toise and Ash Gren. Scarf Lando is speed control and defogger for the team. This Bro set is a little more offensive. It has Flamethrower over Teleport for Ferrothorn which gives this team a bit of trouble as well as OHKOing Genesect on the switch. Clef is our rocker and packs CM for Zapdos and Torn so that they don’t defog and get away scot free. The spreads for Amoonguss, Lando, and Hydrei are the same from Gen7. Clef spread is from ORAS.

Last team I would like to share.
5DD87672-3EFD-4C8A-8829-D80EB40F8286.png
FCB80333-00F9-408C-9242-9A754A387A19.png
1C82841D-1CFF-4310-803E-53CFAF2BA932.png
8A1BC548-2F7D-403E-A6B7-AFDCAF775012.png
E8A167AC-0065-4B23-9315-4E8AAD1796C8.png
62934AA9-2491-468F-87F7-C3768EE0D6F0.png

https://pokepast.es/46c4bf8ad3dd6001

This team helped me win a single-elimination tourney not to long ago. The Amoonguss/Bro core cover most offensive threats like MMeta, Darm, Vish, M-Lop, Ash-Gren, Kart, and Zygarde. Corvi is our defogger and ground immunity. Sub-Toxic Zygarde is absolutely ludicrous, being able to cripple nearly all of its counters. Tran provides rocks and a Gene check. Unaware SpD Clefable for an improved matchup vs Pult and M-Toise while also providing Zygarde and Tran, Wish and Heal Bell support.

Screenshot_20200201-113515_Pokemon Showdown.jpg

:Metagross-Mega: :Zygarde: :Slowbro: :Heatran: :Tornadus-Therian: :Ditto:

https://pokepast.es/cf6ff50726e3f5c2

This team helped me achieve my current place on the ladder, and it could possibly get higher I guess. I started off with the offensive core of Choice Band Zygarde + Mega Metagross, which is really potent right now for their unparalleled ability to pressure and eventually eliminate shared checks, such as the many prominent bulky water + grass cores in this case. Slowbro was added for its ability to pressure much of the physical metagame that can give this core issues(like Darm-G, opposing Zygarde, the occasional Lucha, etc.), as well as for its astounding pivot support through Teleport to abuse Regenerator recovery to avoid issues of passivity. SpD Heatran covers other threats such as Genesect and is the most consistent rocker as of right now, further pressuring ZygMeta checks with chip damage with both Stealth Rock and Lava Plume burns, forming an annoying status core with Band Zygarde's Toxic. Torn-T was recommended by Solaros & Lunaris (thanks again), for its ability to also abuse water+grass cores by clicking Knock Off and Hurricane and for being the most consistent offensive defogger. It also forms a decent Regenerator and pivot core with Bro, so yeah. Ditto ended being the glue for this team, providing a revenge killer(best revenge killer altogether rn) that covers a lot of what the rest of my team otherwise struggles with, like Mega Blastoise and Volcarona, as well as improving my stall(can still be annoying if you lose Torn early on, since Ditto gets worn down easily with hazards up) and hyper offense matchups.

Sorry for the long-ass paragraph, but I wanted to be as thorough as possible.

I've had a lot of success with this team I made recently. I peaked at 1647 using this team exclusively.

number38_1647.png

:kyurem: :toxapex: :serperior: :garchomp: :slowbro-mega: :tornadus-therian:

https://pokepast.es/17d2fdcb6c0bc807

This team features toxic spikes in conjunction with Kyurem to great effect.
  • Use tank Garchomp to set up rocks and to punish u-turn/fake-out spam.
    • If possible, use Garchomp to toxic anything that isn't grounded to enable Kyurem/Serp later in the game.
  • Toxapex serves as the team's special wall and toxic spikes setter.
  • Tornadus-T serves as the team's defogger/ Z-move user.
  • Mega Slowbro is used as the team's physical wall. Useful for checking mons such as Zygarde, M-Metagross, Dracovish, Darm, etc.
  • Kyurem is the star of the show in this team, and can inflict serious damage on the opponent's entire team if they lack the appropriate checks/ predict incorrectly or blunder. This thing absolutely destroys stall & defensive teams with metronome boosted attacks and Pressure stalling.
    • Ensure it doesn't get statused or knocked off at all costs.
  • Serperior serves as another great abuser of toxic spikes with the use of sub+leech seed. Glare helps cripple things that are immune to toxic spikes. Same as Kyurem, avoid getting knocked/statused.
Threats:

:Charizard-Mega-X: Zard-X, especially roost variants can demolish this team as Mega Slowbro can't really do much against them besides take hits.

:Tapu-Koko: Koko with dazzling gleam + HP ice can give this team loads of problems as well and should be killed ASAP.

:Alakazam-Mega: Huge threat, especially calm mind variants.

:Tapu-Lele: A well played scarf Lele can spell doom for this team.

Last edited:
Dracozolt Offense

:sm/metagross-mega: :ss/dracozolt: :ss/rotom-heat: :sm/genesect: :sm/tangrowth: :sm/chansey:

Probably my favorite team I've used this gen so far. I made this as soon as I realized how hard Dracozolt hits so I decided I was gonna try to fit it onto a Chansey Offense. And the result was this. Mega Metagross is the rocker of choice since It didn't really fit anywhere else and I didn't want to relie on Seismic Toss for Chansey. Rotom-Heat and Genesect give the usual Voltturn support for Mega Metagross and Dracozolt to come in on switches. Tangrowth is the teams only answer to Zygarde which is fine because Tangrowth can take very big beaten from it and still come out victorious. Tangrowth + Chansey can take on most the metagame just together so they make a excellent defensive backbone for the team.

I won my first ever tournament I ever played with this team so I guess it was worth making it.
I really like you team and I've been using a lot lately, especially the teleport strat. But recently smogon banned Genesect and probably put it in AG. So I was wondering if you have a substitute for it?

I really like you team and I've been using a lot lately, especially the teleport strat. But recently smogon banned Genesect and probably put it in AG. So I was wondering if you have a substitute for it?
Replacing Genesect is pretty hard since it provided so much for this team. However Darmanitan-G and Hydreigon are pretty good Scarf users right now so they can possible "replace" it.

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
So this is a team I originally made in Gen 7 but I decided to update for Natdex and have found a surprising amount of success with:

:uxie: :Cresselia: :magearna: :Bewear: :Pangoro: :Ursaring:

https://pokepast.es/1ecb6f00fd4387ce

I like to refer to this team as either "Goldilocks" or "We Bare Bears" , but either way, this is a weird, yet rather straightforward Trick Room team that's built around setting up Trick Room and getting one of the "bears" in to break open the opposing team.

• Uxie is my lead, and it's meant to get up Trick Room, get up rocks, and pivot out. I made it U-turn over Magic Coat in the last slot to break sashes and pivot out without being forced to sack Uxie, but you can use Magic Coat if you want.
  • Cress is my secondary setter that blanket checks a good amount of Pokemon in the tier with its massive bulk and decent defensive typing that let it live at least 1 or 2 hits from the majority of the tier. Ice Beam is there to prevent it from being setup fodder for Pokemon like Zygarde, Garchomp, and Lando. Finally, Lunar Dance allows me to heal up a Pokemon in a pinch as well as gain some momentum. I should note however that you never want to Lunar Dance into Ursaring as that will cure its burn and force you to wait a turn to get it back up.
  • Magearna is my 3rd setter as well as a wincon in its own right with Fairium Z. It pairs well with the bears as most of the fighting resists in the tier don't like dealing with Fleur+Boltbeam coverage, and the best checks to this set get demolished by the bears. It's also a soft check to Flying types, Ash-Gren, and other Magearnas.
  • Bewear is the first bear and is technically the strongest right off the bat. Double Edge and CC are its primary STABs that let it rock most of the tier, Darkest Lariat is to hit Ghosts if need be, and Facade is there in case it gets burned
  • Pangoro is the second bear and while it's marginally weaker than Bewear, it is by no means weak. Knock Off and CC are its STABs of choice, though most of the time I end up clicking CC since Scrappy means you really don't have to predict. Gunk Shot is to hit fairies like Fini that don't mind taking a Knock or CC, and Darkest Lariat is there specifically to hit Acid Armor Reuniclus and BU Corviknight as well as OHKO Mega Metagross from full
  • Finally there's Ursaring, the strongest bear by far, though it needs a turn to do so. Facade is the STAB of choice, taking a heavy chunk out of anything that isn't a Ghost or 4x resist, Close Combat hits the Steels and Rocks that resist it, and Crunch is for Ghosts, though you can slot EQ on there if you want to hit the likes of Mega Metagross harder. SD is there if you want to punch through literally everything or predict a Lando switch, but I've been thinking of changing it out.

Threats:

:excadrill: :Sash lead Drill can be really annoying since it can both spin away Uxie's rocks while guaranteeing its own. If its sash is intact it can get off a free hit on one of my bears as well as waste an extra turn of TR which makes it extremely annoying It's actually the reason I put U-turn on Uxie

:Corviknight: : I haven't faced many of these yet, but I have a feeling that Bulk Up sets could be extremely annoying for this team to deal with, especially once it gets to +1 or even +2. Normal sets fold to Bewear or Pangoro though

:Magearna: : AV Magearna can take at least one hit from anything on my team and either pivot out of it (like with Magearna) or even kill it, like with Pangoro or Bewear. Z-sets have the potential to be dangerous, albeit they are manageable as long as one of Cresselia or Magearna is suitably healthy. Either way though, Magearna is likely to get a kill against this team or at the very least chip a key member down, so be careful of it.

:Greninja-Ash: : This team's best water resists are Cress and Magearna, and the former gets shredded by Dark Pulse. It can be played around, but Magearna and Cresselia absolutely have to be kept healthy against teams with it, otherwise it can shred through my team. However, if either one is healthy enough to get up a Trick Room, it can be picked off.

:Metagross-Mega: : It can take any hit from any member of the team from full if Pangoro doesn't run Darkest Lariat and it OHKO/2HKOs the bears with either Zen or Meteor Mash into Bullet Punch (if it runs that). Magearna can take a Meteor Mash into BP but can't OHKO or even 2HKO back. It can be played around but will likely pick up at least one kill before going down. Easily the single biggest threat to this team by far.

I'll probably provide some replays later, but in the meantime, tell me what y'all think of the team.

CM Mega Sableye :sableye-mega: :clefable: :corviknight: :gliscor: :gastrodon: :deoxys-defense: + Deo-D

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Corviknight @ Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Roost
- Defog

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 148 HP / 248 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog
- Knock Off

Gastrodon-East @ Groundium Z
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 20 HP / 16 Atk / 220 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 196 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Reflect

I wanted to build a team around Deo-D, because why not? Because it is trash... Obviously, it isn't on the VR, which is why this isn't in the RMT sub forum. I'll go over a few things, but most of this team is straightforward, and some members are carbon copies from my Triple Wish + Toad RMT (Clefable and Corviknight).

First of all, I am not a big fan of SpD Sableye (even after trying it out with the aforementioned team), so I decided on using a more physically defensive set with Gliscor to check Heatran. I have used an alteration of the traditional set before (with night shade over knock off, and enough physical defense to check Mega Medicham in electric terrain), because night shade better deals with Toxapex, and I like the extra physical bulk to stay in on and wisp physical attackers like Lando without taking too much damage. However, I decided to use a cm set to better check stealth rock Gliscor. Toxapex is checked fairly well by Gliscor, so the trade off with night shade is fine.

Gastrodon has 16 attack EVs and groundium z to OHKO cm Magearna, which can otherwise 2HKO you first if it is packing fairium z. I have a mixed spread because I'm not missing out on any benchmarks, and it better checks Mega Metagross this way.

Deoxys-D itself is my check to Tapu Lele and Zard Y. It can pp stall flamethrower and specs moonblast thanks to pressure. CM Lele is walled by Clefable even under terrain, but you have to be weary of psychium/fairium z (does anyone use those?). Reflect stops Tyranitar and Weavile from effectively pursuit trapping you. Stealth rock means I can fit knock off on Gliscor, which is great for Fini and Toxapex, as well as whatever switches in on Gliscor. Seismic toss is Deo-D's most consistent form of damage, while recover is obviously necessary for longevity. The stat spread outspeeds adamant Tyranitar, walls Zard Y with leftovers and no fire blast (Mew cannot do this), with remaining EVs dumped into defense.

... By the way, does anyone know how to make a Gastrodon-east sprite? Who thought brown and pink was a nice color palette?

lepton

im fragile, but not that fragile
is a Tiering Contributor
zardx blob balance
:Charizard-mega-x: :Tangrowth: :Rotom-Wash: :Chansey: :Hatterene: :Excadrill:
https://pokepast.es/ac4d4797b118606f

i won a 6 person roomtour with this, and as faded love knows, it was all skill and no luck. I actually built this a while ago, back when Hatterene was still on the VR, and i honestly think it should go back but i dont have the energy to nom it. Hat kinda just dunks on a lot of fat builds atm. pretty standard defensive core with tang and rotom, but i added a blob as a blanket check to special attackers and because i felt like it. chestoresto rotom because i felt like it, literally no other reason. zardx might seem weird, but theres been less slowbros on ladder since zyg ban, so against a lot of teams it just kind of wins. scarf exca for speed and hazard control.

i dont really know how to explain how to use teams so ill just leave it at that. i could probably go find replays or smthn but i dont really feel like it tbh

Last edited:

◀◀◀ LA CARAVANE ▶▶▶

Hello friends, this is pretty much the first NatDex team I've built with a little guidance from good friend Jho and I'm really happy with the end result so I thought I'd share it here. I started off with the Tapu Fini + Volcarona core as I think they can be pretty nice in the current meta, Tapu Fini is the obligatory Water resist and a check to Ninja Turtle, whereas Volcarona deals with Kartana, Mega Mawile, and some sets of Mega Metagross and Mega Medicham while still being a good pivot to any set of these two. It also checks Clefable and Magearna on the special end, which is very much appreciated. If you're curious about the Tapu Fini spread, btw, it's the spread I invented for it's SM Analysis that just happened to stick around and be relevant in this tier, all other spreads here are just max / max so I won't bother with them. I rounded off this defensive core with Corviknight as the definitive Mega Metagross check but also helping with Landorus, Excadrill, Tyranitar, etc, you name it, this 'mon is too good, I went with Brave Bird mostly for Hawlucha, Serperior, and Mega Medicham, but feel free to run Iron Head if you so prefer. Bulk Up is used in the last slot so it's not a do-nothing Pokémon versus Clefable and it can be a reasonable wincon in some matchups, but you can run U-turn as well if you so prefer. From there I knew a wanted a faster Mega to help with the offense matchup as this team isn't as fat as it should be if it wants to properly deal with more offensive teams. Mega Lopunny fits perfectly providing more speed and very important priority in Fake Out + Quick Attack. From there Rockium Z Garchomp was the go-to Stealth Rocker as a secondary Heatran check (you never have enough Heatran checks) and a very important Ground-type. It's also quite the deadly breaker. Last but not least, LA CARAVANE aka UNGA BUNGA aka Galarian Darmanitan rounds off the team, providing a solid Choice Scarf user and a win condition against most teams. With Tapu Fini's Defog support it should be fine when it comes to Stealth Rock and all.
Jolie Coquine (Lopunny) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Quick Attack

Je m'amuse (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 8 SpA / 12 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Moonblast
- Defog

Violente Valse (Garchomp) (F) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

L'envol (Corviknight) (M) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Body Press
- Roost
- Bulk Up

Bambous (Volcarona) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Roost

La Caravane (Darmanitan-Galar) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- U-turn
Many thanks to Jho, Chazm, and Jordy from helping me get the hang of this tier, although it definitely has a little resemblance to SM in some aspects so that helps, haha! I hope you the reader enjoyed the team, and of course, thanks for reading, peace!

Shedinja Avalugg stall

The team I used to get reqs for the Mega Blastoise suspect test and ended up going 36-0 with.
Chansey, Avalalugg and Shedinja check most of the metagames big threats while skarm deals with steels. Sableye limits hazards and Toxapex serves as a catch-all physical wall. Remember to spin hazards away from cheeky skill swappers with Avalugg.

https://pokepast.es/e93c1fc035ee9861

lugsrank.png

Edit: Ended up getting rank 1 sometime later

Last edited:

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Just dropping some teams here, might post more later

Knock Gliscor + Magnezone Balance
:gliscor: :ferrothorn: :slowbro-mega: :tornadus-therian: :magnezone: :chansey:
https://pokepast.es/aba3840aa577ffed

CB Melmetal + WishWarp Clef Bulky Offense
:melmetal: :clefable: :garchomp: :corviknight: :slowbro-mega: :rotom-heat:
https://pokepast.es/18027d032142882c

Magic Guard Spam Balance
:clefable: :ferrothorn: :reuniclus: :lopunny-mega: :seismitoad: :heatran:
https://pokepast.es/39e4183f15681102

Specs Kyurem + Mega Diancie Bulky Offense
:diancie-mega: :kyurem: :magnezone: :ferrothorn: :slowbro: :tornadus-therian:
https://pokepast.es/3c467ecdb1306563

Sun with Bulky Zard Y
:torkoal: :venusaur: :tapu-fini: :hydreigon: :victini: :charizard-mega-y:
https://pokepast.es/7c74ab5ddaf68144

Band Vish Webs
:ribombee: :mew: :bisharp: :gengar: :serperior: :dracovish:
https://pokepast.es/f76c862f38565775

Incineroar + WishWarp Clefable Bulky Offense
:clefable: :incineroar: :latios-mega: :greninja: :ferrothorn: :tornadus-therian:
https://pokepast.es/401fbbeaf22048a9

Specs Pelipper Special
:pelipper: :scizor-mega: :greninja-ash: :tornadus-therian: :chansey: :ditto:
https://pokepast.es/6a8373b713e9e328

Last edited:
I PRESENT TO YOU ALL

Dwight's Offensive Teams Part 1!

Offensive Zard X Team

https://pokepast.es/340e45d0b0c7a4d9
The Basics -

Charizard X: Your standard Dragon Dancer, It's very affective against stall teams, it's especially good against the likes of Toxapex, Ferrothorn, and Mega Sableye. It's main moves are Earthquake and Flare Blitz, these moves make Charizard X an efficient wall breaker, not just that it can be a late game sweeper and pair that up with Dragon Dance and Roost, it's like a force to be reckoned with.

Zapdos: It's your Defogger and your main unit to switch out in case of an Earthquake against Zard X, it's also an efficient wall if needed to be.

Garchomp: Your Stealth Rocker and late game sweeper, with Rockium Z, it can cover bulky flying types (except for Corviknight) it's also your main unit to switch in, if there are any tricky situations like Lando-T, Heatran, or Rotom-Heat, it's moves of Earthquake, Rock Slide and Dragon Claw are good moves and can cover a lot of opposing Pokemon.

Darmanitan-G: What is there to say about Darm-G? It's good Scarfer and an early and late game sweeper, it's one of the most must-have physical attacker in the meta right now.

Ash-Greninja: Ash-Gren is one of the best Pokemon to use Specs right now, it's not only fast, but it's special attack is high and paired with Choice Specs, it can easily sweep.

Heatran: A good fire-type in general, it's a great partner for Ash-Gren and is also good against stall Pokemon as well.

Hazards/Threats -

Stealth Rock: Charizard's weakness, that's why be careful and save Zapdos in case your opponent sets up Stealth Rock

Tapu Fini: It's one of the few Pokemon Zard X, Ash-Gren and Heatran can't defeat, your best option is Zapdos, but it's a long shot, you can do some chip damage or trap it in a Magma Storm, but if you're lucky enough that your Charizard X has done 2 or 3 Dragon Dances, then you should be fine

Darmanitan-G: Opposing Darm-Gs can leave you vulnerable, your best chance is to use your Darm-G against your opponent or Dragon Dance and a Flare Blitz from a Zard X can do it, but Darm-G is capable of taking out Zard X, so be careful

Mega Diancie: Please be warned that Mega Diancie is Zard X's kryptonite, one Diamond Storm can kill Zard X and with the defense up, your gonna get in trouble, I suggest switching out to Darm-G and use Earthquake against it.

Last edited:

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
Mega Heracross ParaSpam
:ss/dragapult::ss/greninja::ss/heracross-mega::ss/excadrill::ss/slowbro::ss/ferrothorn:
Click on the Mons for a Pokepaste
This started as the Gengar team that I submitted to the teambuilding competition, but I've modified it to make it more suited for the current meta. The Gengar team had a couple of shakey matchups, most notably with Garchomp, Landorus-T, Gliscor, and Tapu Fini. This new version shores up those matchups by taking on an Electrium Dragapult and a Choice Scarf Greninja. Electrium Pult with Draco Meteor isn't always advisable, but I really needed a mon that could reliably nuke both Tapu Fini and Garchomp, so here it is. I felt comfortable eschewing U-turn because the team has a bunch of pivots that are also better for getting Mega Heracross in. Greninja revenge kills Mega Blastoise and gives the team another way to hit Fini and the aforementioned Grounds. The rest of the team is the same; SpDef Drill for a bulkyish Electric immunity that can also set rocks and spin as well as reliably deal with Clefable, while Ferrothorn is for spikes, more Twave action, and a solid defensive core with Slowbro. TP+Twave Slowbro and Mega Heracross are easily the stars of the show. Mega Heracross was chosen for the obscene power and gives the team a much needed Ground-resist. Slowbro can easily pivot Mhera in with Twave and Teleport. Honestly Twave+TP Slowbro could work with a lot of wallbreakers, but in the context of this team Mhera makes a lot of sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)