Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

a replay of volcorona sweeping on the team https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1315514456

sableye-mega-1.gif
corviknight.gif.m.gif
clefable.gif.m.gifrillaboom.gif.m.gifheatran.gif.m.gifblissey.gif.m.gif

https://pokepast.es/fed2b576887fef0c
This my favorite team, which I created.
Mega Sableye is my favorite Pokemon and the Calm Mind set makes much more fun to use than the other set that is usually used and I have a lot of success with that. This Pokemon wants to burn everything and set up as many Calm Minds as possible and start a sweep, which can be very easy.

Corviknight is a great defoger, tank and pivot. It is a great switch in into a lot of Pokemon like Excadrill, Rillaboom and Kartana, which would be a very big problem for this team without Corviknight.

Clefable is here to support this team with Wish and Aromatherapy, it can stop set up sweepers like Dragonite, Kommo o and Garchomp easily and it can pp stall almost any Choise Item user easily with spaming Wish and Protect. It's the most powerful Pokemon in that team in my eyes.

Rillaboom is also very important here. It gives Grassy Terrain support to the teammates, it is the only Pokemon with an priority move and it's amazing against any Water, Rock and Ground types which would annoy this team a lot without Rillabooms help. And it also pressures stall a lot, which is incredibly important here.

Heatran is the best answer against the most stall Pokemon with Magma Storm + Taunt, it makes Stealth Rocks and walls and breaks a lot of stuff like Clefable and Volcarona, which is his main job.

And Blissey is the special wall in this team. It walls Ash Greninja and Mega Charizard Y very well, which can destroy all the other teammates easily. Blissey also gives momentum to this team with Teleport and can cripple set up sweepers with Toxic like Mega Latias for example.

I like this team a lot, because I won many tournaments and ladder games with it and it makes more fun to use than all the other teams in my opinion. I hope you like this one :)

mega-gardevoir bulky offense
:gardevoir-mega: :infernape: :corviknight: :garchomp: :magearna: :greninja:

I wanted to build a mega-gard team so this is what I came up with:

m-gardevoir: the centerpiece of the team, with a cm + dual stab and a coverage move. currently, I'm running hp ground for tran and zone but that can be changed (to something like fb or tbolt)

infernape: I've always wanted to use infernape, especially special infernape. infernape pairs well with gardevoir because it destroys bulky steels with fire blast and fight-z fb. mega-gard helps infernape by taking care of pex. infernape also get priority in vacuum wave.

corviknight: i really like corv as a phys defense pivot as it counters things like rillaboom, kart, m-garchomp, offensive drill, m-beedrill (which destroys m-gard), and etc. it has u-turn so zone cant trap it if you predict correctly and rocky helmet is to chip down phys attackers. max defense evs to best take deal with physical attacks

garchomp: i needed an offensive rocker so i put chomp on the team. scale shot can be switched out for outrage or stone edge, but i kept it there because it gives garchomp greater sweeping potential. garchomp also deals with steel types very well and help support m-gard with rocks

magearna: the specially defensive pivot of the team with the standard av set. ice beam is great for catching ground types who love to switch in on an expected volt switch.

greninja: protean gren, the scarfer on the team and revenge killer with rock slide for zard-y and volc. rock slide is vital to this team because as you can see it is pretty weak to powerful fire type attackers. ice beam is great for things like dnite (once it takes some chip to break ms) and chomp that have +1 speed. 92 spatk evs on green guarantees it ohkos kart while still ohkoing both zard-y and volc

any feedback is greatly appreciated
hope yall enjoy
also this is my first post so idk if I'm doing this right

Last edited:

might dragon 1.2

Banned deucer.

Regieleki @ Light Clay
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin

you send this guy in after lando-t set up your screens rapid spin any hazards then boom

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

the best on the team after mag was banned and was removed from the team dd and sweep this thing is nasty

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]

no ou screens is compete without this mon quiver dance is just such a set

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Clangorous Soul
- Close Combat
- Flamethrower

this mon is really really nasty soul to soulblaze just ends games if you have no fairies infront of you and cc gets the blissey and ttar

Rillaboom @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- High Horsepower

god sd rilla is a mon that needed 1 turn to set up and then end the game sd to glide high horse for heatran with the limited grassy terrain turns you wanna just click sd and the game there just put this on the team after mag was banned

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

this the lead you lead rocks sd/boom then eq/boom simple

Last edited:
Sample submission:

:ss/latias-mega: :ss/tangrowth: :ss/toxapex: :ss/skarmory: :ss/clefable: :ss/gliscor: - Made with 23Gz

The Process:

This team was built for PSPL by me and 23gz for my match vs ox the fox, we decided to use the core of Toxic Spikes Toxapex as well as Mega Latias with refresh, with Magearna being banned Refresh Mega Latias is being used more and more to offset the best way of dealing with Mega Latias - Status, With this means you can only use one attack and we decided on Stored Power, once the Dark-Types are removed due to hazard pressure, Stored Power is nigh-unwallable, and it can do this quite effectively and consistently. The idea behind Tangrowth was with Tapu Koko being more prevalent now, we want a way of stopping it from making progress, and Tangrowth was the best way to do that. Skarmory was added as a way of checking Mega Mawile, and Punishment Lando-T; both of which are very solid Latias counterplay. We also wanted to add a hazard-stack approch to Wear down common dark types, such as Greninja, and Tyranitar. In the last 2 slots, we needed to compress a Defogger, Stealth Rock user, Heatran check, and Volt Switch blocker, we decided the defogger would be Gliscor, as it compresses a reliable Heatran check as well as Defog, whilst adding another Knock Off user, so the hazard stack would not be invalidated by Heavy Duty Boots. Clefable was decided as the last - and we opted to go for Unaware Clefable, as a way to deal with set-up sweepers such as Volcarona carrying Psychic, and Garchomp to an extent, Heavy Duty Boots bluffs Magic Guard as well as offsetting Hazard Damage, which is a common way of dealing with Unaware Clefable.

Threats to the Team:

:ss/landorus-therian:

Offensive sets are a real pain, especially Rockium-Z, however Flyinium-Z sets can be dealt with by Skarmory.

:ss/heatran:

Defensive Heatran can get Dealt with by Gliscor, however Steelium-Z sets have a very good matchup if it gets the Z off on Gliscor.

:ss/toxapex:

Toxapex can sit on the team fairly easily, but in the long game you can try stalling out it's Recovers with Gliscor.

==============================================================================================

That's all I've got to say, thanks for reading through this unnecessarily long post!

pannu

MEDKIT CUZ SHES HEALABLE
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
wanted to make some sample submissions oo

:sableye-mega: :clefable: :hippowdon: :toxapex: :ditto: :corviknight:

This is a build I've been liking a lot when it comes to running stall, its not the best IMO but it does fit some good stuff on it that I like playing with. Sableye and Clefable are the first two Pokemon because when you're not running Reuniclus stall you need a Sableye so that Mega Medicham doesn't force a KO whenever it comes in, it also helps against shock sphere Latias, hazards, and spdef Heatran. Clefable is the unaware user on the team and also the main offense pressure / wincon, its running heal bell as its 4th slot because I think cleric moves are mandatory on stall and I couldn't fit it anywhere else. Hippowdon is the rocker of the team and I'm running a spdef spread so that it can more reliably switch into pokemon like specs Koko, Heatran, and Mega Charizard-y. Toxapex is the obligatory bulky water on the team, and it sets up toxic spikes and hazes, which I think is neat. Ditto is just a safety net for opposing setup sweepers and can also form a pp stall core with toxapex. lastly is Corviknight as the main Mega Mawile and Scizor check, the given spread lets it outspeed standard Skarmory, Mawile and Scizor so it can boost/defog on them.

:pyukumuku: :skarmory: :sableye-mega: :clefable: :gastrodon: :zapdos:

This is a more hazard-stack approach to stall and definitely branched away from the standard. Its focused around pyukumuku which can pp stall or toxic stall opposing pokemon, its given light screen to give it a lot of pp so it can reliably sit against opposing threats, its given EV spread lets it reliably beat energy ball variants of manaphy, which the team has issues with otherwise. Skarmory can set up spikes and is generally a solid defensive pokemon against threats such as mega mawile, rillaboom and scizor. Sableye clefable good stall core, Gastrodon is the team's heatran switch-in and voltblocker, with specially defensive so it can switch into ash greninja reliably, lastly is pressure defog zapdos so that I don't stack weaknesses with skarmory by using corviknight, but also pressure opposing defoggers and rockers.

:medicham-mega: :landorus-therian: :rillaboom: :hawlucha: :tapu-fini: :volcarona:

Not a stall but I noticed there's not a single mega medicham team on the samples. This team focuses on putting offensive pressure against the opposing defensive cores, mega medicham is an Absolutely cracked wallbreaker, landorus-t can set up rocks while breaking opposing walls like Tangrowth, Slowbro, Opposing Landorus-T, Ferrothorn, Rillaboom, or Gliscor. Rillaboom is a solid Choice Band breaker and priority user meanwhile hawlucha can clean after the latter 3 pokemon have broken the opposing teams defensive core, Tapu fini is a good pick against Stall and provides good defensive utility for the team meanwhile volcarona switches in on pokemon like rillaboom and scizor while also threatening to sweep.

that's all for the sample submissions oo also here are the pastes for the teams but w/ the iconic pannu nicks if you're not lame and like using teams with my nicks on them

Kyo

In Limbo
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
National Dex Leader
:ss/landorus-therian: :ss/scizor-mega: :ss/hydreigon: :ss/chansey: :ss/slowbro: :ss/clefable:

Built this team a few weeks ago and it has proven very consistent so I'll share it here.
Peaked 1900s with it yesterday before tilting off the face of the earth :psywoke:
Screenshot 2021-05-05 162212.png

Started off the team with a 3 pink mon core because that shit just works, however the sets are a bit unusual. I wanted to use sticky barb Clef because it really puts a lot of pressure on opposing fat teams when you can hand a barb off to Corviknight, Toxapex, Chansey, Gliscor, etc. and maybe pass around a black sludge from Pex while you're at it. Clef fit nicely as the rocker since I only had one moveslot open at that point. This free'd up a slot on Chansey and I decided to go with dual status which makes Chansey a frustrating presence for a lot more mons than when you use a single status move. Thunder wave is important for having a decent chance at 1v1ing cm flame Clef which this team otherwise loses to. Mega Scizor is also a big threat for the team and paralyzing it allows Slowbro to outspeed. To fully capitalize on this and because I don't have anything else that deals with Scizor (or Mawile really), I chose flamethrower Slowbro. It's also packing ice beam to deal the most damage possible to Garchomp/Lando and put them in range of a bullet punch. Hydreigon is the chosen defogger for the team. I like this set a lot because fat teams have a harder time fitting a z move user, and Hydreigon naturally pairs well with twave spam from chansey. Hydra is able to defog on a lot of mons that are traditionally threatening to fat, namely Heatran and spikes Ash Gren, which is pretty great. Scizor is the chosen mega that helps deal with Specs Lele and Kyurem, Rillaboom, and sub Kyurem which would just sit on this team otherwise. Spamming boosted bullet punches is a tried and true lategame wincon, and Scizor doesn't get pressure stalled by Corv if you can trick a sticky barb onto it. U-turn keeps up momentum and allows me to still use Scizor to some degree in games where the opponent has a Magnezone. Scarf Lando is the last mon on the team and serves as important speed control or as a late game cleaner. Pairs well with Scizor and Slowbro as the faster component of the momentum core. I chose knock off for the 4th moveslot instead of something like explosion because it can catch Gliscor on the switch in and is sometimes ideal to remove a rocky helmet at the very start of the game so you can start uturn spamming. So yea, give the team a try :))

Screenshot 2021-05-18 214728.png

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/c963d5fea5d1e539

Holy crap, this team is SOOO good. I have never fell in love with a team more than this team. I have been in the community for a while and I am confident this is the best team I've ever made. I can't really explain the team because I just slapped things on and edited it. But I would say the main threat to the team is Ash gren because there isn't really anything that can take 2 hydro's so you have to play smart around that but otherwise, this is fantastic. Banded kart can just win you games and that is easy with all the other wallbreakers on the team so snowballing with kart is easy, and it benefits from dos dropping. I would say the most replaceable mon is urshifu but it can do crazy damage to even some resists like ash gren.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1336891134

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1336894466

I hope you enjoy this team as much as I do!

https://pokepast.es/fb24fd3e02e67506
This is my take on a balance using Mega Pinsir. The overall pressure that the offensive core puts on team is really nice, and with probably one of the more staple cores of bliss bro, with a corv addition, teams have a hard time breaking it. There are some threats that need to be played around, for example, Garchomp. If you're corv isnt full hp it can be difficult to deal with, however, you have ways to play around it with rocky helmet bro, and the two priorities in Shuriken and Quick attack. This team got me to mid 1700s, hopefully yall enjoy.

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sample submission yeehaw

Bulu Sand

:Tapu-bulu: :slowking: :excadrill: :tyranitar-mega: :clefable: :corviknight:

Basically the idea of the team was to make a sand that had a sturdy defensive answer to threats such as Ash Greninja and Rillaboom, whilst still applying a lot of offensive pressure to support drill to clean in the late game. Tapu Bulu right now, I feel has an amazing niche on sand, paired with a regen mon such as Slowking, that checks greninja defensively whilst providing immense offensive pressure, luring and killing mons such as Zapdos and Corviknight, and exerting a lot of pressure on non ID Skarm variants. Tyranitar here is also HHP over Crunch to more effectively deal with Heatran. Calm Mind Clefable here pressures a lot of bulkier teams, and uses mons which Bulu struggles with such as ID skarm and corv as setup bait, and spreading para via Thunder. Corviknight checks most of the grasses in the tier, but the set here can be switched to the Sub Bulk up set, which means the Excadrill should be Spin>Toxic, but its all down to preference in the end (and what the council thinks is better)

Mega-Chomp + Jirachi Offense

:garchomp-mega: :jirachi: :tyranitar: :tapu-fini: :volcarona: :landorus-therian:

The team was built around the core of Scarf HWish Jirachi + Stupid Breaker/Sweeper, which is in this case, Mega Chomp. Mega Garchomp is in my opinion, the best mon suited for these types of teams, due to its amazing bulk and sweeping capabilities, leaving teams in shambles after 1 go, so why not two? Bulky Volcarona was added after, because I have had many positive instances with Bulky Volc, being able to check Grasses such as Rillaboom and Kartana along with Defensive Lando T, and becoming a secondary Wincon, who appreciates bulky waters being pressured by Chomp, and mons such as Toxapex being tricked by Jirachi in order to use as setup fodder. Defensive Lando T was added as a glue mon, to further support volc defensively, and bring our mons in via slow uturns and set rocks. Fini was added as our obligatory Greninja check, and provides us a defogger as well as some insurance with Heatran. Lastly, Chople Berry Tyranitar was added as a final slot due to the teams struggle with mons such as Mega Char Y long term, as well as helping pursuit trap Mega Latias, which this team can struggle with.

Hope you like the teams^^

**small edit, changed glowking>slowking on team one, as when discussed with Mario34 , as it checks more things for the team better.

**small edit no2, made corv min speed and made clef flame>thunder for msciz, and made ttar hhp bc i did not realise it got that

Last edited:

Senko

meow
is an Artist
As a hazard-stack fanatic, thought I'd drop three teams up for SAMPLE SUBMISSION:

Mega Diancie + Hydreigon Spikes BO

:ss/diancie-mega::ss/hydreigon::ss/toxapex::ss/skarmory::ss/slowking-galar::ss/landorus-therian:
:diancie-mega: - Mega Diancie is a fantastic breaker and a Stealth Rocker-user that beats most defoggers in the tier, most notably :corviknight:, :kartana:, and :zapdos:. An ability in Magic Bounce upon Mega Evolving and Fairy STAB grants it a great role in beating other rockers in the tier like :garchomp: and :tyranitar-mega: (although has to be wary of an Earthquake switching in) by bouncing Stealth Rock back. This also applies to Spikes-users like :ferrothorn: and :skarmory:, easing the need for Spikes-stacking in this team and threatening them out with Mystical Fire.

:hydreigon: - Hydreigon performs a great role in being a breaker alongside :diancie-mega: with its power being amplified by Nasty Plot, and Ground-type coverage with Earth Power, which can be Z-Move'd into Tectonic Rage that busts past Pokemon like :toxapex: and :clefable: , and check :heatran:. Hydreigon's typing along with slight investment, it becomes a consistent :greninja-ash: check, which :diancie-mega: appreciates massively.

:toxapex: - Toxapex is a staple bulky water that checks a variety of Pokemon that threaten this team, most notably :greninja-ash:, :scizor-mega:, and :lopunny-mega:. Haze stops set-up sweepers in their track that this team can struggle to keep up with like non-Taunt :gyarados-mega: (Scald can cripple Taunt variants), and non-Psychium Z :volcarona:, both of who can threaten the Pokemon on this team once boosted.

:skarmory: - Skarmory is the main Spikes-setter and physical wall of the team. Iron Defense with Body Press with speed investment allows it to kill off incoming :magnezone: on the switch, allowing Skarmory to Spikes more without being stopped too much by getting trapped. Notable threats this Pokemon walls for the team are :mawile-mega:, :rillaboom:, and :garchomp:.

:slowking-galar: - Galarian Slowking provides an excellent niche in checking :clefable: and :tapu-fini:, both of which sit on this team without much pressure. Although stacking three Ground-weaknesses throughout the team, :skarmory: and :landorus-therian: take on the lion's share of those match-ups. Future Sight can help pressure :toxapex: for :diancie-mega: to secure a kill. Ice Beam provides coverage to threaten incoming Ground-types like :gliscor:, :landorus-therian:, and :garchomp:.

:landorus-therian: - As the team's Ground-type, Landorus-Therian helps ease the matchup against :tapu-koko: from endlessly Volt Switching and pressuring :hydreigon: with Dazzling Gleam. A Choice Scarf set provides speed control for the team to improve match-ups against faster, offensive teams. Stone Edge helps pressure :zapdos: to prevent it from using Defog and removing the hazard stack. Defog on Landorus-Therian helps rid hazards on the player's side in case there's too much build-up.

Mega Diancie + Magnezone Spikes BO (credit to MudkipBeans for team advice/notes)
:ss/diancie-mega::ss/magnezone::ss/slowking::ss/ferrothorn::ss/landorus-therian::ss/kommo-o:
:diancie-mega: - Mega Diancie is a fantastic breaker that beats most defoggers in the tier, most notably :corviknight:, :kartana:, and :zapdos:. An ability in Magic Bounce upon Mega Evolving and Fairy-typing and STAB Moonblast grants it a great role in beating other rockers in the tier like :garchomp: and :tyranitar-mega: (although has to be wary of an Earthquake switching in) by bouncing Stealth Rock back. Coverage with Earth Power grants it a great way to pressure Mega Diancie's checks like :heatran: and :magnezone:. Encore is interesting tech that can lock certain Pokemon like :corviknight: into a move like Defog and let :magnezone: come in to kill it. It also locks most set-up sweepers into repeating the move, granting free turns for the team.

:magnezone: - Magnezone packs a heavy punch with Steelium Z to pressure many checks to this team while under Substitute. Not only does it trap and kill off :scizor-mega:, :ferrothorn:, :corviknight:, and :mawile-mega:, which the other Pokemon on this team can struggle to break (or be heavily threatened by in the case of :mawile-mega:, it can also pick off unsuspecting Ground-type switch-ins, such as :gliscor:, :landorus-therian:, and :garchomp:, all of which become unsafe checks due to Magnezone's safety under a Substitute.

:slowking: - Slowking is a great mon with room for mixed bulk that grants a great synergy of Future Sight and Teleport to support the rest of the team. Slowking's typing and bulk helps it wall big threats to this team like :medicham-mega: and :lopunny-mega: and force them out. Future Sight can help pressure :toxapex: for :diancie-mega: to secure a kill and can be immediately capitalized upon with a Teleport.

:ferrothorn: - Ferrothorn acts as the main Spikes-setter for the team and provides key support with Knock Off. Leech Seed improves Ferrothorn's longevity and ability to set Spikes for longer throughout the battle. Knock Off removes items off of many bulky Pokemon like :blissey:, :slowking:, :slowbro:, and non-Heat Wave :zapdos: (Ferrothorn must Knock Off Heat Wave :zapdos: on the switch) to rid them of their Heavy-Duty Boots, making them susceptible to Spikes and Stealth Rocks.

:landorus-therian: - As the team's Ground-type, Landorus-Therian helps ease the matchup against :tapu-koko: from endlessly Volt Switching and pressuring :kommo-o: with Dazzling Gleam. A Choice Scarf set provides speed control for the team to improve match-ups against faster, offensive teams. Stone Edge helps pressure :zapdos: to prevent it from using Defog and removing the hazard stack. Defog on Landorus-Therian helps rid hazards on the player's side in case there's too much build-up.

:kommo-o: - Kommo-o is the Stealth Rocks-user of the team and also soft-checks threats like :charizard-mega-y: and :greninja-ash: as Kommo-o resists most of their moves. Leftovers as an item is used to improve its longevity to be more stable as a check to the aforementioned Pokemon and overall keep Stealth Rocks up. As an offensive rocker, Close Combat is its primary stab to pressure Pokemon like :heatran:, :magnezone:, and :tyranitar:. Poison Jab helps it pressure checks like :tapu-fini: and :clefable: and prevent them from switching in too much. Rock Slide is used mainly to hit :charizard-mega-y: and OHKO it, but it can also pressure non-Hurricane :zapdos: and try to minimize the times it can Defog.

Mega Lopunny + Ash-Greninja Dual Spikes Balance
:ss/lopunny-mega::ss/greninja-ash::ss/garchomp::ss/tapu-fini::ss/skarmory::ss/magnezone:
:lopunny-mega: - Mega Lopunny provides excellent support in beating frailer, offensive mons with its fantastic speed, high attack, and great offensive tools. Fake Out is great at finishing off weakened Pokemon and has high priority, ensuring it goes first. A combination of Frustration and Close Combat give Mega Lopunny perfect, unresisted coverage due to Scrappy that hits very hard and threatens a number of offensive Pokemon like :greninja-ash:, :kartana:, :tapu-koko:, and :weavile:. U-turn maintains momentum and used to pivot out of walls that Mega Lopunny cannot break like :toxapex:, :slowbro:, :corviknight:, and :tangrowth:.
:greninja-ash: - Ash Greninja is an insanely powerful wallbreaker that threatens many defensive Pokemon in the meta like :slowbro:, :slowking:, :corviknight:, and almost anything that doesn't resist its STAB moves. Due to its near-unwallable offensive presence once evolved through Battle Bond, it forces out most Pokemon that it comes into, letting it set up Spikes very effectively as its few defensive checks like :blissey: and :tapu-fini: switch in. Water Shuriken and overall fast speed and breaking capabilities also provide great pressure on other frail, fast offensive Pokemon like :garchomp:
:garchomp: - Garchomp is a fantastic Stealth Rock-user who beats most common defoggers like :corviknight:, :zapdos:, and :landorus-therian: once boosted and kills them with Z-move'd Stone Edge and let itself and :skarmory: set up hazards without obstacles. Earthquake pressures many walls like :toxapex: and :clefable: once boosted by Swords Dance and and overall pressures most of the defensive meta. It's Ground-type also provides an essential immunity to Electric-type moves like Volt Switch to prevent Pokemon like :magnezone: and :tapu-koko: from pressuring too much and stopping their momentum.
:tapu-fini: - Tapu Fini is a fairly bulky Pokemon that checks key Pokemon like :greninja-ash:, :hydreigon:, and non-Poison Jab Z :kommo-o: with its typing, bulk, and STAB Moonblast. Defog on Tapu Fini helps rid hazards on the player's side in case there's too much build-up. Knock Off provides very useful support in getting rid of items like Leftovers and Heavy-Duty Boots against Pokemon like opposing :tapu-fini:, :blissey:, :slowbro:, and :slowking:.
:skarmory: - Skarmory is the main Spikes-setter and physical wall of the team. Iron Defense with Body Press with speed investment allows it to kill off incoming :magnezone: on the switch, allowing Skarmory to Spikes more without being stopped too much by getting trapped. Notable threats this Pokemon walls for the team are :kartana:, :rillaboom:, and :garchomp:.
:magnezone: - Magnezone provides great support in trapping and killing off many steels that this team can struggle to break like :ferrothorn:, :corviknight:, and :scizor-mega:. Volt Switch maintains momentum by pivoting around and also pressuring bulky waters like :toxapex: to try and help the other Pokemon on the team break them easier.

Hope these teams are enjoyable and hopefully worthy of a sample (if chosen, the song nicknames can be omitted if need be). We need more spikes stack in this world xP​

Last edited:
Last edited:

Batzi

“I’m Cosmo Kramer, the Assman!”
is a Tiering Contributor
Going to dump a few teams that have seen success in tours (wcop, majors, seasonals, etc) as well as others I have made:
https://pokepast.es/9b3604cc834a5ceb - ZardKart Balance- sort of a new team that I've been testing. Not too big on it as of yet but I think it's ok.
https://pokepast.es/54c68c694cc08eda - VolcBulu Sand- one of my favourite teams that has been asked for many times, now I finally release the paste.
https://pokepast.es/974ac01875c6d936 - CuneGren Fat- this is a bit of a strange team, but it revolves around pairing suicune on a fat team with a greninja set that lures pex and fini.
https://pokepast.es/141b8c571c74ccf9 - PadsRilla Offence- a fun little team i've used a bit, brought it to a side PL. For anyone asking, Pads Rilla grants free knocks on things with Helmet and knocking boots off Zapdos and Moltres (or the rare FB tran) without worrying about static/flame body.
https://pokepast.es/0b849e83ca46e030 - SubCorv Sand- This one probably looks familar but it is what I used in the final of wcop. Probably one of my spiciest builds as of late but definitely can be tricky to use but very fun.
https://pokepast.es/19a281ff3a87d2e4 - MChomp Sand- sort of similar to the VolcBulu sand just with MChomp. AGren mu doesn't become too bad with the removal of Bulu anyways due to Tar and Alo being there.
https://pokepast.es/2b59743abb226b4c - AGren+ZTran BO- used this while testing with bacon for wcop and it seems aight so it's here
https://pokepast.es/75cb8af2d03d216c - Mantine Stall- only stall in my builder

:ss/Liepard: :ss/Meganium: :ss/tapu fini: :ss/gliscor: :ss/pinsir mega: :ss/heatran:

Meganium B.O.
Yes, this is a serious team, and no, this not a joke.
I suck at explaining myself, so I think the movesets of my champs will make it clear what they all do.

Additionally, here's another version of this team, featuring Life Orb Meganium!
Any heatran switching in will have a MEGA bad time.
Meganovania.png

:ss/Liepard: :ss/Meganium: :ss/tapu fini: :ss/gliscor: :ss/pinsir mega: :ss/heatran:

Last edited:
Dumping my 2 best teams here
https://pokepast.es/6ef7d66624f4d982 Sableye Stall (Built with R8). This is my main team and I use it for ladder/tournaments. Really good stall that doesn't lose to much if played right.
https://pokepast.es/1113f620458f3d6e Latias Stall/Hstack Fat (Built with emillight). Latias likes being a wincon against a hella chipped opponent, so Hstack+Fat and there we are!

May dump more later on
Feel free to use or make a sample or anything idc what happens to my teams lol

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
adam here, back with another Sample Submission!

The Champs
:ss/tyranitar-mega: :ss/kartana: :ss/tapu-bulu: :ss/slowking-galar: :ss/corviknight: :ss/landorus-therian:

:tyranitar-mega: + :kartana: was the core the team was built around, with Fight Z Kartana luring and KOing mons such as :corviknight: , :skarmory: and :scizor-mega: whilst Mega Tar traps and pressures mons such as :zapdos: , :moltres: and :latias-mega: , which can give Kartana trouble.

:Tapu-bulu: was then added on, as it was a consistent check to :greninja-ash: , whilst providing extra recovery to Mega Tar and Kartana, who both also appreciate Earthquake being weakened. The terrain also provides a substantial boost in Kartanas power, and also appreciates mons such as :corviknight: and :zapdos: dead/weakened, which means it can also become a potent wincon with SD + Synthesis. The given EV spread maximises HP recovery from leftovers, hits 200 speed for mons such as :mawile-mega: and :azumarill: , the Def is a dump to live a Brave Bird from a :corviknight: at -1 defense, and the SpDef is a dump maximising its abilities to function as a good :greninja-ash: check.

:Corviknight: was then added on to provide a defogger, Ground Immune, and a check to a lot of offensive grounds such as :garchomp: , :landorus-therian: and :garchomp-mega: , as well as checking mons such as :serperior:, :rillaboom: and :lopunny-mega: .

Scarf :landorus-therian: was slot on to the team as the obligatory Electric Immunity, and also functions as good speed control, being able to revenge threats such as :garchomp-mega: , :kartana: and :diancie-mega: , all of which can get scary if left unchecked. A special set was chosen to synergise better with the Grassy Terrain, as well as aid with the revenge killing of mons such as :garchomp-mega: and :kartana: .

Lastly, :slowking-galar: was added to finish of the team, as it provides a lot of things for the team, such as forming a potent defensive core together with :tapu-bulu: , checking :charizard-mega-y: , :kyurem: and :clefable: , three hard to check mons, whilst also exerting amazing offensive pressure with future sight and threatening sludge bomb poisons. It benefits immensely from Earthquake damage being weakened and the additional healing from Grassy Terrain.

Last edited:

tf

Natdex Unplayer
sample submition
________________________________________________________________________________

Keldeo
1621779482704.png1621779777545.png 1621779495818.png1621779812849.png 1621779506162.png1621779518111.png1621779843507.png 1621779528035.png 1621779538589.png1621779860853.png
(the team is on the sprites)
________________________________________________________________________________

Explanations:
I wanted to build around Keldeo, and I really like the Specs. I thought about Keldeo's counters and I saw :latias-mega:, :slowking: and stuffs like that. These mons have the Psychic type in common, so they can be trapped by Tyranitar. The other Keldeo's problem is :toxapex: so I added Slowbro. It can use Future Sight and Teleport to allow Keldeo to pressure a lot the opposing team. After that I choosed Ferrothorn because it's immune to the sandstorm, a good :greninja-ash: check and spikes setter. Zapdos is here to check :scizor-mega: or :kartana: for example, and to defog. Finally Excadrill is a good sandstorm-abuser and electric-immunity.

Threatlist:

:ss/garchomp-mega: As Avery said in this post:
1621781929289.png

More seriously, Garchomp is really hard for my team. You can try to hard Keldeo on the SD, or to burn it with Slowbro...

:ss/kyurem: You have to pressure it and to play well. Body Press on Ferrothorn is an option to have a better matchup against it.

:ss/kommo-o: With the Kommonium Z, Kommo become really hard to revenge kill. The only way to revenge kill it is to sacrify 2 mons and to finish the Kommo with Excadrill. You also can pressure with Future Sight.

:ss/charizard-mega-y: Try to force him to use Solar Beam and hard Tyranitar.

Other Options:
1621782983638.png
Using Ice beam instead of Scald to destroy Garchomps

1621782955227.png
Using Body Press for Kyurem, or Iron Head for Kyurem AND Clefable (s/o R8 for the idea)

1621783076817.png
Using Volt-Switch

1621783093911.png
Using a Z-Move

Tell me what do you think about my team, and why you refuse this team as a sample, if you refuse
If you accept, you can change some things
Thanks for reading, and I hope my english wasn't too bad

Last edited:
Sample Submission :
Mega Scizor + Rockium Z Garchomp Screen HO

This team was an upgrade from SS OU dual screen HO koko + hawlucha with sash Lando lead. So, the first 3 pokemon is the same as the standard OU team.
---
1) Suicide Lead

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
Lando is the number one pokemon both in SS OU and NatDex, the versatility of this mon was unmatched. This is the standard suicide Lando lead set. The first turn is always to setup rocks. I think stealth rock is better here on NatDex than SS OU because while this format also have boots, in NatDex every team almost have Megas or Z-Moves on their item slot. So rocks can really useful vs the mons like charizard. Earthquake is his main STAB, swords dance is to boost his attack when the enemy is flying or levitating to deal more explosion damage later.

2) Terrain & Screen Seter

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- U-turn
Tapu koko is the best screen setter, because of its speed tier and access to taunt and u-turn. Its also setup electric terrain to help hawlucha with electric seed. Reflect and Light Screen is mandatory with light clay to increase the screen turn numbers. Taunt is to prevent defogger, and u-turn for pivoting to switch into Hawlucha or other sweeper.

3) Hawlucha

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 36 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
Hawlucha is the mascot of HO, his excellent type combination in flying and fighting with both very strong STAB in acrobatics and close combat can really help his only 92 base Atk. Stone edge was coverage for zapdos or other flying types. Electric seed is good synergy with electric terrain koko to increase his Def +1 and also activate unburden that double his Spe. Swords dance is to boost his attack which can make him very hard to stop in +2Atk. 124 EV in speed is for outspeeding jolly excadrill on sand. The 96 HP and 36 SpD to survive OHKOd by moonblast for clefable
---
Things that makes NatDex unique is Mega, Z-Moves, and Hidden Power. So, the remaining three was consist of Mega, Z-Moves user, and Special Sweeper with hidden power.

4) Mega Sweeper

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Swords Dance
Mega scizor is my chosen mega, its still retain technician ability like the base form with sharply increased bulk with slight increase in attack and speed. I choose light metal for initial ability to reduce maybe random low kick, though it will changed to technician directly when mega evolved. I choose bulky Adamanr Max Attack is to maximize bullet punch initial power without boost, while also utilize its bulk with 248 HP and 8 SpD. I don't invest any EV speed because its already have strong priority attack. Roost is to keep its longetivy that can sponge any non-fire damage behind screen. Swords dance to boost its attack to sweep, and knock off was used to remove enemy item while also deals good damage.

5) Z-Moves Sweeper

Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Scale Shot
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
This is the Rockium-Z set from gen 7 with stealth rocks replaced with scale shot. Garchomp is better in this gen because of scale shot, it can increase its speed white also dealing dragon STAB (though you must hope for good RNG) at the cost of its defense. Sword dance + Scale shot is even better than dragon dance that garchomp is lacking. It doesn't need stealth rocks because we already have sash lando. +2 Continental Crush is very very strong damage that often can OHKO gliscor from full.

6) Hidden Power Sweeper

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Quiver Dance
Volcarona is the best special sweeper everywhere. In NatDex, it can bypass its counter, Heatran with hidden power ground. This is standar offensive set Volc with Quiver Dance + 3 Attacks. The only difference is its coverage from psychic to HP ground. Heavy duty boots its mandatory items for its typing that takes 50% from rocks and also vurnerable to spikes. I choose timid over modest to speed tie with other positive base 100 speed mons like mega charizard X or other.
---
And that’s my team. this team can make me pass for Magearna suspect test one month ago. This team is straightforwardly easy to play that can be effective from low ladder beginner to middle ladder 1500s even reached top 500. I hope this team can be usable for everyone, I also hope this team can make it to the sample team. Here's the pokepast : https://pokepast.es/ef9e1f4940255302

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)