Project National Dex Monotype Team Bazaar

amazing art by Fusion Flare

Welcome to the National Dex Monotype Team Bazaar! This thread is for sharing any teams you might have made with other National Dex Monotype players on the forum to use/admire. You can also ask for advice and suggest changes to improve the teams other players have posted here. When posting a team, make sure to include the importable and a short description of how your team functions so other players can try it out and learn how it works. You're also free to provide some replays if you wish; in fact, it is encouraged. While this is less formal than a RMT, please still make sure you've tried out your team a reasonable amount before posting.

That's it, you may now start posting!​

Bka Onon

I see Fire.
is a Pre-Contributor
Hello, it is I, Bka Onon. And I'm here with some teams for Week 1 Chaos :D

:ribombee: / :diancie-mega: / :iron-valiant: / :mimikyu: / :tapu-lele: / :tapu-bulu:
Fairy is the type I main, explaining this team in brief, Ribombee sets up webs to enable the other threats on the team. Mega Diancie is a great offensive threat having offense from both sides, Physical and Special. Iron Valiant single handedly makes Fairy VS Steel much easier for Fairy, the given Valiant set lets it get an Attack Boost from Booster Energy, which combined with Webs, is an insane sweeper. It also lives Spirit Break from opposing Valiants. (Okay quick explanation why Flutter Mane isn't on the team, here's the thing, I had it, but then the team loses any priority, which is what that can cause many games to be lost. For this particular team, Mimikyu is better, but if you can live without priority, go Flutter Mane.) Mimikyu with SD and its priority and Disguise is a great revenge killer and has good offensive STABs. Lele is a Fairy Staple which provides Fairy with Terrain to stop the many Bullet Punch users roaming free, and Specs Lele coupled with webs is a monster of raw offensive power, it's also a great abuser of Fairy Tera Moonblast. Lastly but certainly not the least is Bulu, great counter to Water teams, and helps in Fairy's worst matchup against Grass.

:araquanid: / :blastoise-mega: / :palafin-hero: / :iron-bundle: / :dracovish: / :urshifu-rapid-strike:
Rainless Offensive Water, this is NDM Ubers Water, just toned down a bit. We got the webs setter Araquanid who also punishes special attackers and blocks opposing hazards with Magic Coat. To abuse these webs, we have Mega Blastoise, the greatest Shell Smasher in the game; Palafin-Hero, with a Psychium Z to destroy Toxapex and Mega Venusaur; Iron Bundle to punish Dragon teams; Dracovish, being Dracovish; and Sash SD Urshifu-R which can punish a lot of pokemon if they are not careful, also great to kill Ferrothorn.

:pheromosa: / :lokix: / :pinsir-mega: / :volcarona: / :ribombee: / :scizor:
Another Webs team (I know I'm addicted please help) Ribombee sets up webs, the classic best webs setter, this is abused by Adamant Pheromosa with expert belt to dish out insane damage, Banded Lokix with its First Impressions, Uturns and Sucker Punches, Mega Pinsir with its Aerilate offenses, classic QD Volcarona, and SD offensive Scizor (with CLOSE COMBAT) all insane mons in their own right and very good threats teams unprepared for can have trouble with.

:torkoal: / :ceruledge: / :charizard-mega-x: / :chi-yu: / :volcarona: / :rotom-heat:
This time we have screens, not webs! Rotom Heat sets up Screens and Torkoal sets up Sun (which also helps in the water mu) for its teammates to set up and sweep. These are Sash SD Weak Armor Ceruledge (a set that has been getting very popular), DD Mega Charizard X, and QD Volcarona. All these are insane sweepers in Sun, Scarf Chi-Yu with its Beads of Ruin has insane Raw Damage Output in the Sun too.

:ninetales-alola: / :chien-pao: / :kyurem-black: / :baxcalibur: / :avalugg: / :iron-bundle:
For me, Ice has gone from least fav type to use, to one of the most fun. This is a Veil Ice team with Setup Threats such in SD Chien Pao and the Double DD Core of Kyu-B and Baxcalibur, Kyurem-B has insane raw power and Baxcalibur punishes Fire type with its ability Thermal Exchange. Avalugg acts as the Defense of the team with Snow + ID Body Press taking care of any Steel Type in Sight, lastly we have Scarf Iron Bundle, a revenge killer like no other and a brutal punisher of water teams.

:Breloom: / :zamazenta-crowned: / :pheromosa: / :blaziken-mega: / :quaquaval: / :kommo-o:
Fighting has insane unbanned mons on its side, we have an HO team with Lead Sash Breloom featuring Gunk Shot which it has received to punish Fairies, on the theme of Punishing Fairies, Zamazenta-Crowned is a big plus for Fighting teams in the matchup against Fairies, it has also received Body Press, a move it dreamt of in Gen 8. Next up is Pheromosa which is the classic Expert Belt Variant and then Moxie Scarf Quaquaval (you can replace this with Keldeo if you really want) and lastly the classic Taunt Z Kommo-o, punisher of Water, Flying, and a lot more.

:grimmsnarl: / :urshifu: / :chien-pao: / :chi-yu: / :lokix: / :roaring-moon:
Lastly we have the best type in the tier right now, Dark, Dark has a crazy 6-Slot Syndrome now and has A LOT of good options, some not included here are Moltres-Galar, Zarude, Kingambit, Meowscarada, Tyranitar. This is a Screens Dark team, but with all the new crazy unbanned threats, first up is Punching Glove Sub SD Urshifu-S, a really deadly offensive threat, even more so now that it has SD, next is SD Icium Z Chien Pao with its crazy speed and Sword of Ruin Ability, following this are Scarf Chi-Yu and Banded Lokix, both are great revenge killers, and Lokix is great VS opposing Dark. Last up is Roaring Moon, one of the best mons on Dark, with Booster Energy and DD under Screens, it turns into a Sweeper like no other, with Outrage, Crunch and Iron Head, it has a counter for almost everything barring Mega Mawile, and has the potential to end games after just one DD

So that's some teams for this Early Gen Chaos, hope you all enjoy using them! Feel free to criticize and/or make updates (and post)!

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Magic Coat
- Taunt

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
- Protect

Indeedee-F (F) @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Expanding Force
- Mystical Fire
- Aromatherapy
- Healing Wish

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Expanding Force
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Gallade (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sharpness
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Psycho Cut
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
Mono Psychic Team: First on the team there deoS who is the main hazard setter for the team. Next is tapu lele which gives us a much better matchup VS Dark and is our fastest mon after deoS. Bronzong Is here as our ground immunity and a secondary stealth rock setter. Indeedee Is here to set up Zam that's it really. Mega ALAKAZAM this mon has some funny calcs but plot up and click expanding force in the terrain. Gallade is here mainly for the dark matchup banded cut in terrain is good tho.
Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1719930067-iekb5s93pdyvtx0khk6z6heksbuxhozpw VS Water
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1719939590-4bh5rzjhzxq6wjmm6lz2m6uhbtmaf07pw VS Normal
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1719942316-a4myuy09vilzvb1a0s1451xygt8sllkpw VS Flying

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/362645d1542f8d7e

Super defense mono steel team with amazing sinergy between the members celesteela beeing immune to ground as well as spamming leech seed all over opposing teams with ferrothorn backing it up ... specialy defensive heatran vs fire threats like volcarona , gholdengo with a fighting immunity also helping vs tapu lele focus blast , MEGA scizor with a more offensive sd set that healps to revenge kill threats with bullet punch and finaly scarf excadrill that also help with an electric immunity and rapid spin support as well as potencialy sweeping after the opposing team got worn down by hazards and Leech Seed

Hey everybody, today i'm gonna show off my balance normal team that i used to climb up to 1510 on the nat dex mono ladder. this team is my pride and joy and it took me wayyyy too long to figure out how to make it it's absolute best. hope yall enjoy hmu with any suggestions or questions about this or normal type in general

Dua Pidgeot
(Pidgeot-Mega) (F) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
Tera Type: Normal
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ground] (you can use toxic instead, I did for a while and it catches people off guard 100%)

i cannot sing this mons praises enough it is the first mon i'm putting out on the field every match. 2OHKO's torkoal, shreds bug teams with it's high speed and disgusting spa never miss hurricane and you can also screw over those pesky heatrans with hidden power ground. I have a horrible habit of letting this amazing beast die way too early but don't let it die before you make it kill the things it's meant too like steel types or high speed squishies because otherwise you're done for.

Ariana Staraptor (Staraptor) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

tanky ass mf will save your ass too many times bring this mans out on any fighting type and he will rock their shit, he's got defog, he's got survivability. Whatever you do never replace the boots with leftovers it is just not good and he will become useless the moment they put up stealth rocks.

Doja Bewear (Bewear) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Darkest Lariat

100x better than porygon2 idc argue with the wall I used porygon2 forever and he's just not as good as this dude. you set up for free on any physical attackers it's great fun! but he's so so slow though so don't expect much if you're up against a psychic team unless you can get a sneaky darkest lariat in.

Nicki Diggersby (Diggersby) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Return
- Rock Slide
- Quick Attack

Why in the world did I ever use him without choice scarf. He has amazing attack without any need for swords dance or anything like that due to huge power he is a pivotal part of the team to cover pidgeot's and staraptor's biggest weaknesses and quick attack with huge power is great for revenge kills.

SZAnsey (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled

the source of nightmares and easy wins. The MOMENT you expect any special attack, switch her in she will soak up the craziest amounts of damage like it's nothing.

Beyoncé-ditto (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Happiness: 128
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 0 Spe
- Transform

they can't kill your chansey so they switch and do 3 swords dances on an atk mon and kill her with one move. You then switch into ditto, outspeed them and wipe their whole team. He's also just an insane revenge killer

https://pokepast.es/a10a33a738ab0cd0

(Kleavor)
So the inspiration to this team was using Vikavolt, because you know it hits like a tank and is never seen anywhere. This team surprisingly did well on ladder and was able to bring it to top 10 not too long ago at around 1650 elo. With the help of Sunnyboi0 this is what we came up with. Vikavolt as your offensive webber with a Z move to nuke any pokemon besides ground types that decides to get in your way, I'd like to add that you can switch out Hidden Power Ice for Energy Ball depending on the MU. Forretress is there as your hazard control and pivoting, it is able to deal with nearly every offensive pokemon as Rocky Helmet will chip at them and you can just Volt Switch your way out of danger. Kleavor is banded to just add additional pressure to your opponent and is able to 2 KO pokemon like Mega Venusaur and Lando T. Volcarno is a must have with it's standard coverage set. Pinsir as your mega to help with your Bug mirror and Grass MUs and finally Buzzwole to take over against those pesky Rock types. So have fun with this team my friends here are a few replays to show it's validity.
Bug v Flying: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexmonotype-1876387244
Bug v Steel: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexmonotype-1876068275

Last edited:
I don’t know much English so i will post one of my latest creations : Sticky Web Water team (currently i reach 1500 elo )
https://pokepast.es/6739d0c026562837
Urshifu can check a lot of annoying stalwarts such as Pex , Venusaur Mega … and some of the most dangerous leads such as Kommo-o . Walking Wake for speed control . Do you guys have any suggestions?

TTK

Won't Catch Me Lacking.
is a Community Contributor
This is the CCAT held at 9/10/2023 (DD/MM/YYYY I'm an European) at 11PM GMT +1 revolved around Ursaluna-Bloodmoon

:ursaluna-bloodmoon::iron-treads::gastrodon::gliscor::mamoswine::sandy-shocks: (click sprites for import)

Thanks to the contributions of DimLug Big Chungus irl Neko Don Bork bruised FadedCharm ToastTheDragon777 style.css and many others for coming together to complete the team. Sandless Ground is more difficult to get right than Sand-based Ground so hopefully this works out well in practice.

Here's the initial version of the team for those who wanted to see this as well

Elvira

formerly bruised
Today's CCat although was on the spot it was hosted by none other than FadedCharm!

11/8/2023.

:kleavor: :volcarona: :scizor: :araquanid: :vikavolt: :heracross-mega:

Some didnt feel comfortable being put in the spotlight and that is okay! Yall did great with this week's Ccat! <3

From FadedCharm:

"This bug team with the help of (add contributors) is a HO webs team. It’s centered around getting past difficult match ups that other megas can’t immediately break such as bulky offensive teams like poison, water, steel, and balanced cores such as rock. Mega Heracross gives bug the raw power and breaking ability to speed destroy defensive checks with the help of its handy dandy teammates setting up hazards and wearing down would be counters/checks."

Last edited:

Elvira

formerly bruised
Todays CCat was hosted by me, I absolutely love having a community who will come together and create fun ideas with specific mons! <33

11/14/2023.

:sv/Pidgeot-Mega: :sv/Celesteela: :sv/Zapdos-Galar: :sv/Gliscor: :sv/Dragonite: :sv/Mantine:

Note: This CCat the community had the opportunity to choose from three separate options; Mega Pidgeot (flying), Iron Jugulis (dark), and Okidogi (fighting). Turns out the pidgeot fans voted and by a land slide victory did the pidgeon get her time to shine! This team is revolved around Mega Pidgeot with a defensive core of Celesteela, Mantine, and Gliscor! Together can this team actually do well, and to run toxic over u-turn can switch ins be given a nasty suprise. I want to thank the following; Don Bork boomp611 FadedCharm maroon style.css (for allowing me to host today <3)

Today’s CCAT was hosted by me, It was truly special moment to have the community come together and make a team. People were a little shy for the spotlight, but shoutout to you all!

12/5/2023,

:cyclizar: :walking wake: :altaria-mega: :goodra-hisui: :roaring moon: :garchomp:

*Note Poll options included Articuno, Cyclizar, and Stakataka. The Cyclizar agenda was passed and a HO shedtail team was well crafted with community effort. This team functions on not only keeping momentum going, but also hitting as hard it can. With offensive powerhouses stacked between walking wake, garchomp, roaring moon and mega altaria we stack pressure onto other teams. Even making goodra-H not passive in multiple critical matchups for dragon such as steel and ice.

Today’s CCAT was hosted by me. This was a farewell to DLC 1 and we had a great time making this team. People were a bit shy for the spotlight, but your contributions will always be recogonized and you are always appreciated!

12/12/2023,

:torterra: :landorus: :hippowdon: :excadrill: :clodsire: :great tusk:

*Note Poll options included Dondozo (Water), Comfey (Fairy), Coballion (fighting), Brute bonnet (Dark), and Torterra (Ground). The teenage mutant ninja turtle fanbase awakened and voted for torterra! We made a Hyper Offense sand team with notable replacements of mega garchomp with Torterra, achieving phenomenal wall breaking, while retaining the same qualities as sand rush excadrill and gravity landorus. Great tusk revenge kills tricky things that our sand rusher may not feel comfortable going for. Hippowdon gets either excadrill or torterra in to cause mass destruction with our handy dandy eject button. Clodsire is there being the glue that keeps the team together from water.

Today's CCAT was hosted by me, This is the first CCAT of dlc 2 and the community came together and made a lovely team. People were a bit shy for the spotlight but as always you are all greatly apperciated!

1/24/2024,

:Pecharunt: :sableye-mega: :ceruledge: :sinistcha: :mimikyu: :zoroark-hisui:

*Note poll options were Ogerpon wellspring (grass) Raging bolt (Dragon), Primarina (fairy), Archaludon (Steel), and Pecharunt (Ghost). The new mon on the scene won the hearts of ndm players! We made a balance ghost team that revolves around spreading status and wearing our opponets down. We have set up sweepers that greatly benefit from this in sinistcha and ceruledge. Mimikyu deals with the pesky dragon and dark types that might try to power through. Finally Zoroak-hisui is our revenge killer, giving us some well needed speed control!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)