Ability: Dark Aura
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 128 Atk / 128 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Taunt

I made this team mostly are mons I like.

Marshadow is a good mon, with the ability to steal stat boosts, totally messing up Baton Pass teams. Rock Tomb gets Technician Boosts. I like Drain Punch over CC for the recovery. Z-move is just a preference, Life Orb is definitely viable.

Lugia is tanky with Multiscale, giving him basically a free Calm Mind. Roost can bring him back up to full health for Multiscale to be reset. Aero and Giga are attack moves, Giga giving him more health. Max HP gives him lots of fight time and Max speed lets him outspeeds threats like Urshifu-Single-Strike.

Urshifu, the destroyer himself. This is my g-max mon, I originally was going for G-max Grimmsnarl, but after getting no drowsiness with g-max Snooze three times in a row, I switched him out. Pretty standard loadout, I gave him U-turn + CC to pivot out and get rid of stat lowers from CC. Wicked Blow and Iron Head are coverage, with the latter hitting Fairies.

Banette. My favorite mon, hence my name. This mon is underrated, but that's because there are so many other Megas that have the spotlight with rare abilities or amazing stats. Mega Banette has an attack stat on 160 and 75 speed, he starts with Frisk, which is a very helpful ability, and gains Prankster as soon as it Mega evolves. Will-O-Wisp gets priority, as well as Destiny Bond, making it very hard for Physical enemies to do much. Shadow Claw and Gunk Shot are coverage, and while Banette has the option to run Knock Off, I prefer Gunk Shot for more type coverage. If you play him right (which I’m working on) you can almost always take an enemy down with you.

Eternatus. My gosh, this thing is strong, it's like a legendary Dragalge. Meteor Beam + Power Herb sweeps. Once you’ve used MB once, your SpA is super high. If you expect a Protect from your opponent, you can use Meteor Beam that turn, get another SpA Boost, and then hit them next turn when they have to attack. Dynamax cannon hits super hard to Dynamaxed mons, Sludge Bomb hits hard on fairies, and Recover just makes this thing even harder to kill.

Yveltal. I went for a mixed attacker option. Oblivion Wing is his signature move, healing him and doing good dmg. Knock gets item boost, STAB, and Dark Aura boost for an overall 130 power I believe. Roost is recovery, and Taunt stops Baton Pass teams and setup sweepers.

An decent team that's fairly fun. I’ve had a positive win rate, so It can’t be horrible. If you pick one of these teams to use, pick this one, because the second is disgraceful and I did it entirely to see other people's reactions.

Replays: (I'll get some more, this Is what I have for now)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1192368018
Eternatus sweep:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1192374870

1600963160208.png
1600963165452.png
1600963160208.png
1600963165452.png
1600963160208.png
1600963165452.png

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Life Orb
Ability: Unseen Fist
Gigantamax: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Bulk Up

Urshifu @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Urshifu @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Surging Strikes
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab

Urshifu @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Sucker Punch
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch

No description for this team necessary. I literally finished making replays for the last team when I decided to use this. Urshifu is a great mon, so I decided to abuse him in this format. All the Urshifu's are a little different. Use them in whatever scenario that one fits best. They all G-max. I've made 3 people rage-quit with this team. The team might be a little different from the replay, as I made some small changes. Have fun making people mad.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1192363478

Last edited:

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
:zekrom: Geysers' 500th post Team Museum :volcanion:
I thought long and hard about what I should do for my 500th post, as that number drew nearer and nearer. I considered an RMT, but none of my teams recently have been used enough to deserve one. with this in mind I decided to do a big team dump, where I drop some of my favorite builds from all gens of AG, except, of course, ORAS (because I've never built for it lol).

USUM
Gen 7 AG is easily the most balanced generation of AG. It combines great balance with a wide variety of viable Pokemon that are all perfectly viable within their own roles. This led to a spectacularly diverse meta, in which all playstyles thrived. Unfortunately, I never got the hang of building for USUM until quite late in the gen. As such, I have a fairly limited assortment of teams available here, but I hope that you find them interesting.

:zygarde-complete::zygarde-complete::ferrothorn::gengar-mega::arceus-steel::arceus-poison:
This team was one that I spent an enormous amount of time and effort on towards the end of Gen 7. It's a strong anti-balance build that aims to shred passive teams with trappers like Block + DD Zygarde and Disable MGar. Coupling that with the firepower of CM Steelceus and the all-around utility of Arceus-Poison and Ferrothorn led to one of the most fun teams I've ever built. It has a very strong anti-balance matchup, and can maul bulkier teams after a single misplay. Unfortunately, it's not particularly reliable against offensive teams, notably being extremely week to Psyspam. Block Zygarde does, however, greatly ease the matchup against some suicide leads, notably 6-0ing at preview any team that has Shuckle or Excadrill without a sash mon in the back. This team went through numerous iterations before reaching its current state. A full history of its evolution is below.
Oldest on top, newest on bottom. For time's sake I have elected to have the whole block link to a folder paste rather than each individual team linking to a paste.
:zygarde-complete::gengar-mega::arceus::necrozma-dusk-mane::arceus::ho-oh:
:zygarde-complete::gengar-mega::arceus::necrozma-dusk-mane::groudon-primal::arceus:
:zygarde-complete::gengar-mega::arceus::necrozma-dusk-mane::groudon-primal::arceus:
:zygarde-complete::gengar-mega::arceus::arceus::zygarde-complete::ferrothorn:
:zygarde-complete::gengar-mega::arceus::zygarde-complete::ferrothorn::arceus:
:zygarde-complete::gengar-mega::arceus::zygarde-complete::ferrothorn::arceus:
:zygarde-complete::gengar-mega::arceus::zygarde-complete::ferrothorn::necrozma-dusk-mane:
:zygarde-complete::gengar-mega::arceus::zygarde-complete::ferrothorn::necrozma-dusk-mane:
:zygarde-complete::gengar-mega::zygarde-complete::ferrothorn::celesteela::necrozma-dusk-mane:
:zygarde-complete::gengar-mega::zygarde-complete::ferrothorn::celesteela::arceus:
:zygarde-complete::gengar-mega::zygarde-complete::ferrothorn::celesteela::kyogre-primal:
:zygarde-complete::gengar-mega::zygarde-complete::ferrothorn::celesteela::Xerneas:
:zygarde-complete::gengar-mega::zygarde-complete::ferrothorn::celesteela::arceus:
:zygarde-complete::gengar-mega::ferrothorn::celesteela::arceus::xerneas:
:zygarde-complete::gengar-mega::ferrothorn::arceus::xerneas::necrozma-dusk-mane:
:zygarde-complete::gengar-mega::ferrothorn::necrozma-dusk-mane::zygarde-complete::arceus:
:zygarde-complete::gengar-mega::ferrothorn::zygarde-complete::arceus::arceus:

:groudon-primal::necrozma-dusk-mane::arceus::arceus::arceus::rayquaza-mega:
This was a very fun team that I built for my Grand Prix match against 64 Squares. I built a cool bulky offense that revolved around the combination of Mixed RP Don and CM Darkceus, with a minimal defensive backbone. The original version had Calm Mind Ultra Necrozma, but I realized that the team would be 6-0ed by Darkceus, so I switched it to X-scissor. This team worked well and had an almost unlosable mu. It was also my first time trying to build for USUM since the beginning of Gen 8, so I had to shake off a bunch of rust to build, but I think that it turned out quite well. This team was really fun to test, as well, since at preview it looks like a fairly standard balance, but turns out to be quite a dangerous offensive team.

:aerodactyl::rayquaza-mega::arceus::necrozma-dusk-mane::xerneas::marshadow:
Jumping back in time a bit, this was one of my first successful builds of USUM: a fairly standard Aerodactyl-based Hyper Offense that performed very well on ladder and in roomtours. I built this with frogger1387, who was immensely helpful with the building and testing process. In retrospect, I'm not entirely sure what I was doing with BU LO Marsh, but the team worked pretty well and was my first taste of actually building something that worked well.

:arceus-fairy::celesteela::arceus-dark::rayquaza-mega::groudon-primal::marshadow:
This was a much more recent build, something that I built for my game against MZ in AGTT. I originally started off with Scarf Lunala instead of Marshadow, and a Groundceus instead of Darkceus, but with some help from Tic-Tac-Toe Guru, I was able to get it into a usable state. It was my first time building USUM in several months, and I'm quite frankly surprised by just how well it turned out. I was able to pull out a win against one of the best USUM AG players thanks to a really neat team that worked much better than I expected it to. This was probably my favorite recent USUM build, and it's a super fun team.

Honorable Mention: :necrozma-dusk-mane::groudon-primal::arceus-fairy::arceus-dark::gengar-mega::ho-oh:

GALAR

Galar dex AG is an incredibly restricted meta, with most teams looking incredibly similar, and a very limited set of Pokemon to choose from. Regardless, many Pokemon that have been utterly unviable in previous generations of AG, such as Reshiram and Mandibuzz have a place to shine, and there's an impressive amount of innovation with regard to lure sets, which are often discouraged or outright avoided in other gens of AG. I've got fewer teams here, since this meta hasn't been around as long and I haven't been as involved with it as I was with USUM, but I think these teams are all pretty solid.

:lunala::eternatus::mandibuzz::ferrothorn::necrozma-dusk-mane::zacian-crowned:
This team was one that I built early on in Grand Prix playoffs, I think for my match against Dockiva. It was my first time actually building for Galar AG instead of using someone else's teams, and I didn't really know what to do, so I just built an incredibly standard balance. Regardless, this team is pretty fun, and I was able to pick up a win thanks in no small part to the extensive testing help I got from my AGPL teammates.

:lunala::lunala::corviknight::mandibuzz::ferrothorn::necrozma-dusk-mane:
I built this team for my match against 64 Squares, where it performed spectacularly. The concept behind this team was to have as many passive-looking win conditions as possible, with techs like Bulk Up Corviknight, Iron Defense Ferrothorn, and defensive DD Dusk Mane (in the original, non-current version) making appearances. The double lunala idea was one I'd been musing about for a while, before deciding to put it into action. This team is extremely fun to play with, with the opponent constantly having to guess whether the Lunala that's currently in is defensive or Specs.

:eternatus::necrozma-dusk-mane::ferrothorn::reshiram::reshiram::mandibuzz:
This is the team that I used in the finals of Grand Prix. It was constructed around the double Reshiram core, and just expanded outwards from there. This was an incredibly fun team that had a good MU and worked pretty well. It effectively showcases the unholy breaking power of DD Reshiram, which can just rip apart teams after one boost thanks to Dynamax, which is a totally fair and balanced mechanic that was definitely designed with singles play in mind.

NATDEX
Natdex AG is far from a perfect meta. I'll grant that. It is, however, the meta that I've spent the most time playing, and it's the one I feel the most comfortable building for. To that end, I've got far more teams for this portion of the post than the others, which is either a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you look at it. Everything below, with the exception of the Kommo-o team, is a samples submission.

:necrozma-dusk-mane::ditto::zygarde-complete::chansey::ho-oh::zacian-crowned:
Depending on your metric of success, this is arguably my most successful team of NDAG. I've peaked ladder multiple times with it, although I forgot to screenshot any of them because I suck. It's designed to be just about the ultimate ladder cteam, with Goggles Haze Zygarde beating cheese strategies, while Teleport Chansey cleans up Xerneas and punishes players who try to bring Zacian in freely on it by teleporting to Ditto. Ditto is just about mandatory for ladder, because it puts in so much work against the omnipresent terrible Hyper Offense teams, especially since no-one uses Sub. Swords Dance Zacian-C provides me with some much-needed offensive presence, capable of easily cleaning up most balance and stall teams after the rest of the team has dealt with them. One notable weakness is to Sub Xerneas, but ladder is terrible and no-one runs that so it's fine. Building this team felt like a significant departure from my normal style, since I generally build tournament-oriented balances, but building an anti-ladder team was something that I really hadn't done that much. This team has also had spectacular success in roomtours, handily cleaning house in numerous tours.

:giratina::necrozma-dusk-mane::groudon::arceus-water::zacian-crowned::arceus-dark:
This is a really fun team that I built to showcase the insane sweeping power of SD + LO regdon. I used it twice in Fall SSNL, and it won both games. I've also had numerous hilarious friendlies with this team where don's had one setup turn and then just won. It's a really fun team that completely takes advantage of the ungodly power of LO Don, thanks to paralysis support from defensive NDM and perishpool support from waterceus.

:arceus::lunala::necrozma-dusk-mane::arceus::groudon-primal::ho-oh:
This was a team that I whipped up on about 15 minutes notice after being subbed in for AGPL, for use against Nevelle, and it worked great. It's also turned to be just an overall solid team, so I've used it for a bunch of other stuff as well. Specs Lunala alongside CM Darkceus just evaporates most balance cores, and Erupt Don provides invaluable firepower. This team has been overall incredibly fun to use, which is frankly surprising given how little advance warning I'd had to prep it.

:rayquaza-mega::groudon-primal::necrozma-dusk-mane::arceus::arceus::arceus:
A few weeks ago, Birds30 asked me for some bandray teams for SSNL, shortly before he dropped off the face of the earth. This was one of those teams, and after some more tinkering, it morphed into its current form. Band Ray + SD Rest Don is a really fun core, since both apply absolutely tremendous pressure to balances and stalls. The team is, however, a bit weak to Assurance Zacian, which has cost me in more than one friendly with it.

:kommo-o::arceus-fairy::necrozma-dusk-mane::ho-oh::rayquaza-mega::arceus:
This team is a complete meme. Kommo-o is a hilariously strong sweeper that no-one expects to beat them until they've lost to it. It's also self-improof thanks to soundproof and Clanging Scales, forcing Ditto to Dynamax, then win the speed tie, in order to beat it. Flash Cannon gives Kommo-o the coverage it desperately needs to break through fairies like Fairyceus and Xerneas after boosting, and Focus Blast rips through most other stuff. Aside from that, it's a pretty standard balance team.

:gengar-mega::arceus::arceus::ho-oh::necrozma-dusk-mane::lunala:
I won't go into too much detail here, since this team has already been covered as part of my POTW thing last week, but it's a really fun team that has a great matchup against a lot of common balances, and can effectively punish most checks to Lunala and CM Darkceus thanks to MGar's encoresong set.

:lucario-mega::necrozma-dusk-mane::arceus-dark::kyogre::groudon-primal::ho-oh:
Lastly, we have a much more recent build. I built this team for jerryl309 to use against Ice in AGTT last week, intending to cteam balance. To my complete and utter surprise, Jerry managed to pull out an impressive win. The ability of MLucario to threaten balance teams cannot be overstated. Its immunity to toxic allowed it to come in multiple times throughout the match, while its 4x stealth rock resistance helped to minimize chip damage. Every time it got a setup turn, something died to a terrifyingly strong +2 Close Combat. Compounding the difficulty in checking it is the fact that it's paired with the incredibly threatening CM + LO Kyogre, which can easily sweep teams after just one boost, and the deadly SD + Rest Pdon, which provides a reliable out to Perishpoolers while also providing incredibly threatening offensive presence. This team works surprisingly well as a killer of bulky thing, and has also performed impressively in roomtours.

This concludes my teamdump. A huge thanks to the AG community for being super awesome and supportive throughout my journey in this tier, especially Bread Sandwich, Chloe, Icemaster, Skarph, BaconEatinAssassin, velvet, Fardin, PinkDragonTamer, Sitonai, Tic-Tac-Toe Guru, WSun1, cromagnet, pichus, Guardsweeper, Nevelle, Zayele, and everyone else!
please do not look at my 499th post ty ty :<

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)