Resource National Dex AG Team Bazaar

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1549233049353.png

(art by UberSkitty)

Most of you probably know how these work, team bazaars are just low effort places to share teams and ideas with other people. They can be casual, built around new tech, or hyper competitive, pretty much everything is welcome here.

Rules
1. Playtest your teams before you put them up. This allows us to get a polished product that people can use/give effective advice on.
2. Please provide an importable of the team and give a brief but thorough description of the team.

Nothing major. I look forward to seeing what people have come up with so far!

Attachments

Last edited:

Reffrey

Banned deucer.
I don't need to provide too much explanation for this team since I just did an RMT of it, but here it is:
888-c-2.png384-m.png132.png383-p.png716.png249.png
Zacian (Zacian-Crowned) @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 136 Atk / 120 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword

Rayquaza (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- V-create
- Draco Meteor

Ditto (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 31 Atk / 0 Spe
- Transform

Groudon (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Roar

Xerneas (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 108 Def / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Lugia (Lugia) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog
- Ice Beam

It's by no means an invincible team, but it's probably as good as it can get without changing the Pokemon species on it. If it can get to the near top of the ladder in such a quick amount of time as was entailed in the RMT, then I think it's a good candidate for future sample teams. More details on this team can be found here.

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
I haven't played this meta in a couple of weeks so these might be a little outdated, but here are two I've tested a bit along with some hastily written descriptions.

:arceus-ghost::deoxys-attack::deoxys-attack::xerneas::necrozma-ultra::yveltal:
I wanted to mess around with deoa since I found you you can ohko zacian with dynamax lo fire punch, making it the only non-choiced mon that is capable of outspeeding it and doing so. I also figured it might be a good dynamax abuser in general since if you pick off something with max mindstorm then you set terrain for yourself (ie so you can't get revenge killed by prio), so in theory there's no need for lele here. I was also experimenting with other moves like dark pulse for ultra/lunala and rock slide for ho-oh (which has a chance to live boost in terrain now, since you're forced to run +spe, and defog on you), but ultimately this was the moveset I settled on. Anyway, it unfortunately didn't put in that much work as a Dynamax abuser; Yveltal turned out to be the mvp for this most of the time, getting 2-3 kills during Dynamax since it's basically uncounterable. I had something else in the first slot initially, but I switched to ghostceus because lead excadrill was getting annoying, and changed the deoa lead to have spikes. FInally, another neat thing to point out is that the team does not struggle with Ditto because it imposter-proofs all of its sweepers; deoa gets improofed by dusk, xern gets improofed by itself + dusk, ultra gets improofed by itself + xern + yveltal, and yveltal gets improofed by itself + xern.

(note: with the recent mechanics change of Dynamax matching the hidden power type, hidden power fire should be used over focus blast on xern)

:shedinja::zygarde-complete::ho-oh::skarmory::ditto::arceus-water:
This is a basic stall I built around Shedinja with spikes and 0 hazard removal. I think is Shedinja is very promising in this meta since it walls non-Fire Fang or Crunch Zacian and Kyogre, and before the mechanics change w/ Dynamax it walled Xern because Xern had to run Focus Blast instead of HP Fire. Anyhow, here's roughly the process I went through while building this: zygarde covers pdon and hooh for shed, hooh covers support arcs, skarm is usually a shitmon but it's nice on this team for spikes + ultra check + flying resist, ditto deals with setup and helps you scout whether things have coverage to hit shed or not, and waterceus is just there for rocks. I really wanted to put Tyranitar in the last slot because the type synergy with shed is really good, but you can't because sand stream kills shed, and shed can't wear safety goggles if it's running boots. Since the team lacks defog, I put taunt on skarm to prevent opposing ferro from trading spikes; the team doesn't really care about rocks but multiple spikes can get really annoying for zygarde. I also put 164 speed evs for hooh, with the rationale being that you can aggressively use taunt to prevent defog. Threatlist includes eternatus, zekrom, and kyurem-b all of which can pretty much 6-0 the team.

Waterceus can be changed to use judgment > liquidation since judgment now turns into max geyser.

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
More balance teams I have found success with:

:kyogre-primal::gengar-mega::arceus-ground::zacian-crowned::ho-oh::groudon-primal:
I built around RestTalk Primal Kyogre to cteam all of the defensive Ho-Oh / Zygarde / Groundceus running around, Mega Gengar helps for getting rid of their Kyogre counter if they have one

:mewtwo::tyranitar-mega::ferrothorn::ho-oh::arceus-ground::ditto:
Checks nearly everything in the meta besides Dynamaxed Xerneas

:gengar-mega::xerneas::ho-oh::groudon-primal::zygarde-complete::necrozma-dusk-mane:
Basic idea with this team is to waste the opponent's Dynamax with Mega Gengar (you Encore them into a status move and force them to Dynamax to break the lock), allowing Xerneas to sweep more easily

No one's posted in a while, so I'm gonna dump a team I've been having a surprising amount of success with.

This is a hyper offense team that, predictably, attempts to sweep as quickly as possible. Each sweeper has its own mechanic that it can abuse freely, with the only mon that can actually dynamax being Xerneas itself. Screens help each sweeper set up, especially Eternatus, who carries Weakness Policy. Xerneas beats Dynamax Specially Defensive Necrozma-DM with Reflect up, which is something to think about.

Replays coming soon (TM)

The team generally has a reasonable matchup against Ditto, with all sweepers being improofed to various degrees. Taking down Eternatus with Dynamax Cannon simply gives Xerneas a completely free turn of setup, for example.

The team's worst defensive matchups are against Lunala, Lugia, and Ho-Oh, all of which easily defog in the face of Eternatus, the mon that is most likely to be sent out first. Necrozma carries Rock Blast specifically for these mons, but it isn't like Rock Blast is going to OHKO Lugia or Lunala.. HDB is broken.

Even if the Deoxys completely fail to do their jobs (possible), the team still has a shot of winning through sheer force.

Last edited:

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:zygarde-complete: :ho-oh: :yveltal: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :rayquaza-mega: :zacian-crowned:

So, I made this team at start of the generation and I think it's pretty solid (got top 3 when the top 2 were both the same person that was currently grinding on it) but I never posted it here. Basically, it consists of probably the main balanced core of the tier, Zygarde + Ho-Oh, alongside Necrozma-DM to help with Fairy-types and offensive mons to keep up the pressure and make the opposing team weak. Zygarde, Ho-Oh, and Necrozma deals with most Zacian's variants and win the 1v1 with the help of Dynamax or some chip alongside other big threats like Xerneas, Primal Groudon, and Mega Rayquaza. Zygarde can also setup late-game and win on its own. Yveltal helps with more defensive teams and Baton Pass with Taunt and is the most powerful win condition of the team while also helping with powerful Ghost- and Psychic-types like Lunala and Mewtwo. Mega Rayquaza is mainly the team's revenge killer and Speed control so that I have something that's always faster than Zacian and a check to Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. Finally, Zacian helps with Yveltal, which is something that this team struggles, and is the second main win condition. IDK if it's still good enough to be a sample or if it could be with some modifications, but feel free to post it there if you guys want. I'll also link the RMT if someone needs a more detailed explanation for something or the logic behind the teambuilding.
Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Coil
- Rest
- Glare

Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 196 Def / 52 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Heat Wave
- Taunt

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Stealth Rock
- Morning Sun
- Toxic

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- Surf
- Draco Meteor

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Play Rough
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat

P4ndaK1ng11

Banned deucer.
https://pokepast.es/d66f556c49554f13 this is a balanced ttar team, I think its a very solid team. I dont think it needs explain, but w/e. I had will-o-wisp on ground arc for many physical sweepers like mray, zacian( won't work if it has sub), and necro when dyna and the rest of the set is pretty ordinary. The reason pogre is defensive is b/c it easily a zyg counter and it scares ppl to thinking it has ice beam plus its a perfect set to have groudon switchins to get toxiced plus it can tank so fkin much. Necro is mainly to stall xern and ho-oh so u can toxic it. Ho-oh ordinary set no need to explain that, but be careful if u use defog when groudon is out bc it may have stone edge. Finally I added ttar to this team b/c it need mons to counter ho-oh or stall options or psong mgar. Btw the weaknsses to this team is pogre but u can work around it.

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Here are a couple more teams I built that I think are really solid. I would like most of these to be considered for samples, won't bother explaining them too much rn although I might edit this post later.

:zekrom::necrozma-dusk-mane::ho-oh::kyogre-primal::zacian-crowned::arceus-ground: - Bulky offense team featuring Dragon Dance Zekrom that I built with Zayele

:zekrom::necrozma-dusk-mane::ho-oh::kyogre-primal::arceus-ground::arceus-fairy:
pichus' variation of the above, trades some breaking power in return for improving the Yveltal / Ho-Oh matchups

:kyogre::eternatus::groudon-primal::ho-oh::necrozma-dusk-mane::arceus-ground: - 100% serious team with Speed-boosting Kyogre, I used this in ssnl vs Guardsweeper

:kyogre-primal::lunala::zacian-crowned::ho-oh::groudon-primal::ditto: - Bulky offense utilizing an offensive Primal Kyogre set with Rest

:kyogre-primal::necrozma-dusk-mane::zacian-crowned::ho-oh::groudon-primal::arceus-ground: - Variation of the above with an actual Groudon switchin + better Xerneas counterplay, haven't tested it though

:rayquaza-mega::kyogre-primal::necrozma-dusk-mane::ho-oh::tyranitar::arceus-ground:
Bulky offense featuring Choice Band Mega Rayquaza + Water Spout Primal Kyogre. Mega Gengar is fairly annoying for the team, so Tyranitar can probably be changed to Chople Berry.

:excadrill::grimmsnarl::xerneas::rayquaza-mega::necrozma-dusk-mane::arceus-ground:
The screens offense team I've used versus multiple opponents in ssnl, it's my favorite of the bunch so I might write an RMT about it eventually. Fairly straightforward to use, everything has nice standard 252/4/252 spreads, and there's plenty of ways around Ditto thanks to dual screens + Thunder Wave support from Grimmsnarl plus the fact that most team members are improofed by one another.

:arceus::smeargle::arceus-ghost::rayquaza-mega::kyogre-primal::necrozma-ultra:
Sticky Webs offense with Extreme Killer / Ghostceus as the primary Dynamax abusers. This team is usually good at keeping webs up because if you look you'll notice that Ho-Oh Defogs on exactly 0 mons; however, you can still opt for Dragon Dance > Swords Dance on Mega Rayquaza if you want insurance for matchups where they have a non-Ho-Oh Defogger (otherwise, Zacian just kills everything once the webs are off).

I'm going to make a post in the meta discussion thread soon about some of the more niche sets that are featured here.

OLD MAN LOBBER CHOP

Banned deucer.
Hello there whippersnappers. Clakkity! I'm fairly confident that this team is good enough for samples, mostly due to it surpassing some of the current ones in terms of quality. Feel free to take a look at it and let me know if there are any glaring weaknesses, or if any of the sets require optimization. The Xerneas may turn some heads, but you'd be surprised how effective it is as a defogger/cleric. The concept was popularized by Paycard in generation 7 though it never saw widespread usage, but as long as you make the right plays, Xerneas acts like the backbone for this team; enabling it to handle both stall and hyper offense. As for the Primal Kyogre; it is one of the most effective Smeargle counters in the game.

Eternatus + Sleep Talk Primal Kyogre Balance
1583979012082.png
1583978998557.png1583978983438.png1583978965084.png1583978953477.png1583978943398.png
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roar

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Sleep Talk

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Heat Wave
- Taunt

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Knock Off
- Morning Sun
- Stealth Rock

Xerneas @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Defog
- Toxic
- Aromatherapy

Eternatus @ Metronome
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dynamax Cannon
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Recover
*ONE FINAL NOTE! CLAK-KIT-TY!: I made a few changes to the team, and I'm now convinced that it's as optimized as it can be. VC, please reconsider your decision about making it a sample, or at least provide some feedback. It is without question a more viable team than the likes of Pichus' Eternatus balance, no offense. Clakkity!

Last edited:
Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Toxic
- Brave Bird
- Recover

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Recover

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Timid Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Water Spout

Lunala @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Shield
Bold Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Moonblast
- Roost
- Calm Mind

This is my team

Hello there I am PokemonRng and I am new to this place but I have a pretty decent team for National Dex AG.

Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Careful Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Toxic
- Brave Bird
- Recover Ho-Oh is pretty very bulky on the special side so I gave it careful nature so + SpD. Gave it Heavy Duty Boots so stealth rock can not affect Ho-Oh which rock is a pretty big weakness to Ho-Oh.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike.
Necrozma Dusk Mane is nice with attack and speed. The way to use it is first use swords dance then Ultra Burst so you get higher speed + attack. If you are going to faint next turn or if you think you will use your z power. I do not recommend using z power if you can just take your opponent out with Photon Geyser which is your main move to use if it is neutral.

Darkrai @ Focus Sash
Ability: Bad Dreams
Timid Nature
- Nightmare
- Hypnosis
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse Darkrai is a very annoying pokemon sometimes. First up always use hypnosis so the opposing pokemon falls asleep and then they can take a bit of damage from Bad Dreams its ability. Then use nightmare so it can take 25% of its health down. Plus then bad dreams will damage the opponent 12% more. Means that the opposing pokemon loses 37% of its health every turn which is pretty overpowered.

Zygarde @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
Zygarde is just a pretty got speed and attacker. If you go against a flying type, use thousand arrows. Now you might be thinking that thousand arrows is a ground move it won't affect it! Yes true but thousand arrows actually hits the opponent and knocked them down to the ground. Dragon dance is for when the opponent can't do much damage to you. If your opponent has no fairy type pokemon your move is outrage but if they do have a fairy do thousand arrows.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Psychic
- Focus Blast. Here it is the pokemon that makes me win most of my battles, Xerneas. Xerneas is just straight up very good. You can first use geomancy which will charge and raise your special defense, special attack and speed by 2 stages each. The item I have for Xerneas is power herb so geomancy can charge on 1 turn and not waste time and need another turn to charge. Moonblast is your main and strongest move to use. Because of fairy aura making it 126 power and + 2 in special attack. Focus blast is just there for steel types.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Weakness Policy (Or life orb)
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Ascent

Mega Rayquaza is very good because it is the only mega evolution pokemon that can have a held item instead of its mega stone. Because Rayquaza does not have is own mega stone like the Rayquazanite that would have been its mega stone if it existed. I would recommend using Weakness Policy or Life Orb so it can do a crazy amount of damage.

This is my team hope it is good for you if you try it out.

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Hi there, I'd like to share some memey teams that i like a lot and that are surprisingly strong, both on ladder and tournaments. I mostly play AG for the fun so I hope you guys enjoy this teams too. I made them before the AGLT started but since AG is a tier that doesn't change, they can't become outdated I guess. I'll try to play mons less for a while, so you might not see me around too much unless I change my mind. Thanks to all of you for being so nice, it's been only 3 months for me in AG but it feels like years^^

1) Morpeko BIRB spam

Lugia @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Careful Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Protect

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Sand Tomb
- Taunt
- Roost

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sunsteel Strike
- Toxic
- Morning Sun

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Protect

Morpeko @ Assault Vest
Ability: Hunger Switch
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Foul Play
- Aura Wheel
- Rapid Spin

I built this team around Morpeko. Basically, I don't know how to explain the build, it just felt natural. Morpeko gets Rapid Spin so I added a spiker (ferro). Since full spdef AV morpeko doesnt beat yveltal really, I made it offensive with an AV: it is a good speed control with a nice speed benchmark, and can soft check non-dmax Yveltal. Foul Play to OHKO stuff like SD pdon and damage Duskmane, Aura wheel to OHKO Pogre and Yveltal after rocks, Fake Out to break smeargle sashes and then KO with aurawheel, and spin because its so cute and helps a lot vs other ferros. Ho-Oh is spdef because it makes yveltal/etern matchups much better, lugia is a beast on ladder because they all run Mray and offensive pdons. Gliscor is a very cool mon vs balance, and apparently everyone came up with the same idea at the same time since I've seen this mon used by different people in the last month. It makes sense tho, because walling HoOh+duskmane+pdon+zacian (if physdef)+ferro and more shit is just awesome. Dusk is there for zacian and xern and rocks, and ferro because it annoys Balance a lot too and blocks smeargle's spore.

If you need more explanation feel free to PM me.

2) The AntiLadder Skarmdream

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Rest

Amoonguss @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Grass Knot
- Clear Smog
- Foul Play
- Sludge Bomb

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Rest

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Relaxed Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Roost

EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Recover

This is like the best ladder team I could ever come up with. Skarmory kinda autowins vs all those DD rays/unecro/duskmane, amoonguss says no to pogre/xerneas/smeargle. That's basically the core, and I built around that with ttar for yveltal/mew2/lunala, physdef pdon for zacian, Mbro for Rayquaza if skarm is gone fsr. With icebeam, it also walls zygarde so I decided to make Groundceus without icebeam and SD+recover to surprise and break bulkier teams (kinda shaky tho). It is also the main pdon check. Team is super easy to pilot, it's not terrible vs balance, especially ferrothorn ones, but vs ladder you will find out how cool it is. Peaked #1 around 1920 every time I used it.

3) MDiancie Rainbow team

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Refresh
- Recover

Eternatus @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Dynamax Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Recover

Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Protect

Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Morning Sun

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Heal Bell
- Rest

This one is more of an anti meta for tourney play, I wanted to get good replays vs Pichus in ssnl finals but I didnt focus and misplayed badly both games, so I'll just have to hope you trust me on this. Basically, spdef Diancie with dianciite is an idea I had to beat both Yveltal (in non-mega form thanks to high bulk and clear body) and Ferrothorn (with Mega's ability magic bounce: if you run into gyroball or powerwhip ferro just call your oppo bad btw, useless moves) as well as webs/spore/anything smeargle sets. With healbell, it also supports the team very well. I added ferro because it loves diancie blocking opposing ferros, duskmane the classic partner for zacian. Since diancie has rocks too, i made my duksmane a wincon. It doesn't beat ho-oh but that one birb usually dies after ferro has knocked its boots and eternatus has poisoned it. EQ lets it beat pdon/ferro/dusk and boost its spdef to sweep vs groundceus and etern for instance. Arceus-ground is there for pdon and zygarde, I love refresh because it makes it unkillable, but honestly i think icebeam is mandatory over toxic because u want to beat zygarde and mray. Ho-oh doesnt need explanation, spdef is good and lets me beat yveltal in tandem with diancie. Finally eternatus is really cool and hard to beat for many teams cuz only chansey and rest ttar truly counter it.

So here it is, I tried to keep it as short as possible. I hope you loved the teams because they are my favorite ones by far, and I'm happy I managed to make 3 solid teams with so many unmons xD See ya guys, peace:)

-ktut

Last edited:

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
BRASS MONKEY
A Mini RMT By
MDB
:infernape: :cloyster: :yveltal: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :marshadow: :kyogre:

I've always been a big proponent of change and innovation. I constantly try and figure out new methods to win and new Pokemon to discover. Playing AG, the ability to innovate has a naturally high ceiling, and it's one of my favorite parts of playing. However, Generation 8's oppressive top tier Pokemon put a stranglehold on progress and limited players scopes to new levels of selectiveness. With this team, I hope to broaden players scopes and allow them to understand that there is always room for development. So without further ado, let's get into the team:

:sm/infernape: I experimented with this back in Gen 7, as it is my favorite Pokemon of all time and I wanted to see if I could find a suitable niche for it. AS a suicide lead, it was heavily outclassed, but I decided to bring it back for this team. The main role Infernape has over other leads is its ability to use the combo of Taunt Endeavor, which allows it to cripple pokemon while also preventing Sub Zacian from being a problem, disallow hazards on common setters such as Primal Groudon, and prevent opposing Taunt. Notably, Infernape's speed tier allows it to outspeed Deoxys S after one Rock Tomb, which can be crucial in winning the hazard war. I opted for negative Defenses to pop the ape's Sash more often.

:sm/cloyster: The second member of the Sash Squad, Cloyster serves as a Spinner, which I cannot emphasize enough, is crucial for this team to function. Hazards up on your side of the field are often a lost game. Cloyster also allows me to reliably revenge threats such as Non Dynamaxed Yveltal, Marshadow, and Mega Rayquaza provided your Sash is intact. It naturally complements with Infernape, denying the hazards of leads that beat it, such as Deo S, Aerodactyl, and most importantly, Excadrill. Shell Smash makes Cloyster a potential late game cleaner, but it is mainly used to force the opponent to go into Pokemon which the rest of the team can take advantage of, such as Dusk Mane. Spikes is simply here to pressure opposing teams as much as possible.

:sm/yveltal: Probably the biggest innovation of this team, this Yveltal set completely revolutionizes how to normally beat it. This is your most common Dynamax user. Sky Attack is the best Physical Flying move Yveltal gets. Knock Off is an incredibly spammable option when not Dynamaxed, and Max Darkness is frighteningly powerful. Steel Wing allows me to beat Diancie and Ttar with ease, while also making Yveltal that much harder to revenge kill, thanks to its Defense boosts. Notably, if you have already obtained a Speed boost, it allows you to beat Zacian C 1v1 provided you aren't severely weakened. Finally, HP Ice is here to Ohko Zyg C, which would otherwise wall this set. One of the most deadly sets in AG right now, with no true counter, and also the MVP of the team.

:sm/necrozma-dusk-mane: Here we have the second Dynamax abuser of the team, and the first standard option. Weakness Policy is the preferred item here, as Dusk Mane's solid bulk coupled with Prism Armor allow it to take most super effective hits and set up with Dragon Dance. Sunsteel Strike and Earthquake are obligatory coverage, while Stone Edge is here to deal with the omnipresent Ho-Oh and Yveltal. The main reason behind this choice was to grant an emergency Xerneas check(only if rocks are up on your side. Otherwise Xerneas is fairly easily dealt with.) and to have a Pokemon that can still sweep even without the benefit of Dynamax.

:sm/marshadow: The final member of Sash Squad and part of the dynamic duo that is Endeavor Forever, Marshadow has an extremely important role and holds the team together. It is the primary revenge killer to multiple threats to the team, including Zacian C. Marshadow is chosen over Ditto for three reasons:
  1. Marshadow offers a better option to revenge kill against DD Ultra and DM​
  2. Endeavor is a useful tool for weakening problems to the team​
  3. To annoy Chloe
The most important part to remember is to never let Marshadow's sash be broken unless necessary. It is crucial that it remains healthy to operate in dangerous lategame scenarios. Many of my losses stem from aggressively throwing this out and losing to set up sweepers later on.

:sm/kyogre: The last member of the team, and the second of the revenge killers. This spot has changed quite a lot, starting from DD Zyg, to Grassium Z Zacian, and then to Double Dance regular Don. I finally settled on Scarf Kyogre as it can easily clean lategame and most importantly, provides another effective out to Zacian C, probably the biggest threat to my team. For that reason, Timid is necessary, as being outsped by random Jolly Zacian can oftentimes cost games. It's rare that I Dynamax this, but in a pinch it serves the role well.

The most important thing to remember when piloting this team is to Win the Hazard War. You will lose if you cannot effectively keep rocks from going up or Spin them away. Never be afraid to break Cloyster's sash in order to remove the sneaky pebbles. Other than that, be careful of Zacian and low ladder. Many a game I lost to 1400 players having Stealth Rock on random Pokemon. Also always remember that it is worth sacking Infernape to either Taunt something and not get the Endeavor off, or not get Rocks off and go for Endeavor. With that being said, I hope you guys enjoyed this little post, and I wish you luck battling. Vale!

For this team to work, you need to play SUPER offensive. It's primarily a sweeper team, most of them being Fast Sweepers except one.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Timid Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Dragon Dance
- V-create
- Draco Meteor

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Naughty Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Earthquake
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
Zacian • Pokémon Sword & Shield • Marriland.com
Rusted Sword - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Jolly Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge
- Sacred Sword
Zamazenta • Pokémon Sword & Shield • Marriland.com
Rusted Shield - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Zamazenta-Crowned @ Rusted Shield
Ability: Dauntless Shield
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Behemoth Bash
- Light Screen
- Iron Defense
- Wild Charge

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, I’m here with my 200th post! It’s hard to believe it’s been that long, to be honest. I had a hard time deciding what to do for this post, but after a great deal of agonizing over whether or not to do a full RMT, I decided instead to do a dump of some of my favorite teams from this gen. Click on the sprites for importables!

:necrozma-dusk-mane: :ho-oh: :kyurem-black: :lunala: :zacian-crowned: :terrakion:
This is quite a gimmicky team, utilizing Terrakion as a soft check to Yveltal and NDM. Since most NDMs in the current meta run knock off, Terrakion can switch into knock off, gain a boost, then ohko back with a z move. It also swithches into any dark move off of Yveltal, and kills back with stone edge. There’s not too much more to say here, but it’s quite a fun team, albeit unreliable.

:palkia: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :zygarde-complete: :ho-oh: :groudon-primal: :zacian-crowned:
This is also a very fun team. It’s a pretty standard balance, except with ZHB Palkia to break through a lot of common defensive cores. I used it it successfully in AGLT, and have continued to use it sporadically on ladder. This is one of the few non-TR teams in my builder with a Palkia, and it’s without a doubt one of my favorites.

:mudsdale: :zacian-crowned: :ho-oh: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :zygarde-complete: :ferrothorn:
This team is a bit unconventional, but it’s hilarious when it works. It uses mudsdale as a solid blanket check to almost every physical attacker in the meta, even capable of switching in to Zacian-C, provided that it doesn’t click one of its STAB moves. I’ve had multiple games where I’ve managed to clean out an opponent’s special attackers, and then Mudsdale just wins because it stacks up more and more defense and my opponent has no good way to break it, since it can phaze any mon that tries to set up on it. Once it stacks enough defense, Mudsdale can just spam Body Press and win.

:dracovish: :groudon-primal: :zygarde-complete: :ho-oh: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :rayquaza-mega:
This is one of my absolute favorite teams to use this gen, built around crippling opponents’ teams and rendering all of their mons slow enough for Vish to kill everything. Vish is incredibly hard to deal with, and the only Pokemon that can beat it are Groudon-Primal and defense Waterceus. There’s really no good way to beat it once it comes in on something slower than it, allowing it to prevent the team from autolosing to Gothitelle, since it can effectively trap slower pokemon — if they stay in, something dies, if they switch out, something dies, forcing the opponent to make hard choice over what to sack or what to keep.

:volcanion: :Zacian-crowned: :groudon-primal: :yveltal: :ditto: :ho-oh:
This is a really funny team, that revolves around using Volcanion as a Zacian check and defogger. It works surprisingly well, all things considered. Volcanion is capable of living a Behemoth Blade into a Wild Charge, then OHKOing it with Overheat. Steam Eruption allows Volcanion to spread burns and make it more dangerous for opponents to switch in pokemon that could otherwise take advantage of Volcanion as setup bait.

And now, the last team in this dump. This one’s also a samples submission, unlike the others, although a little reworking might be necessary.
:zygarde-complete: :zygarde-complete: :shedinja: :chansey: :necrozma-dusk-mane: :groudon-primal:
This is, in my opinion, one of the strongest teams I’ve built this gen. It’s a very solid semistall built around the core of Chansey + Shedinja + NDM, which can check most of the significant meta threats. For good measure, I added a Pdon to more effectively pressure Ho-oh, and a defensive Zyg, which can be run with a goggles-haze set for ladder play if you want. At this point, I felt that the team was too passive, so I added a sub dd Zyg to take advantage of the paralysis spread by the other Zygarde. I was really pleased with how this team turned out, and it’s got a lot of potential. One interesting thing worth noting is that the fact that the team has a cleric in Chansey, means you can play a bit more aggressively with sub dd Zyg, switching it into potentially status causing moves such as Sacred Fire without necessarily risking crippling it for the entire match.

S/O AGL for helping me with that last team. It’s been quite the journey, and I look forward to continuing to be a part of this great community.

Last edited:

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
chloe's aglt deamtump
hi i got knocked out of ladder tour yesterday in semis, and while im really disappointed that i didn't get to finals, especially with how haxy our games were and how close i was, im still happy to have made it as far as i did. people generally think im bad at this game, and whether thats true or not, i kind of wanted to try to prove that wrong. hopefully i did, but probably not. that being said, if you paid attention to teams i brought throughout this tour, youll notice a few things.

1) i like using gimmicks/suboptimal sets, i brought yveltal once all tournament but brought omastar twice.
2) i generally do not prepare for or use eternatus, i just generally forget to prep for it everytime
3) sd ray is broken when youre competent and not me
4) i spam twave/glare a lot bc its still busted

the teams are linked in a pokepaste at the end of the post, im just too lazy to edit them in separately :[

top 32 vs unicorns
g1: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1090614869
:yveltal::ho-oh::necrozma-dusk-mane::groudon-primal::zygarde-complete::zacian-crowned:

not gonna post the paste to this as its essentially guardsweeper's sample with minimal changes and optimised ev spreads. this game i played incredibly well, got all dynamax predictions correct and took 0% from max attacks. unicorns had an interesting team and i brought the most standard garbage you've seen.

g2: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1090618778
:omastar::ho-oh::necrozma-dusk-mane::ferrothorn::zygarde-complete::rayquaza-mega:

this match is a showcase for how good sd mray is in the current meta. this team is honestly pretty standard defensively and just has two offensive behemoths wedged on both sides. i like this team a lot, more on ladder than in tours.

top 16 vs dockiva~~
g1: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1093415854
:rayquaza-mega::necrozma-dusk-mane::ho-oh::tyranitar::arceus::arceus:
cm rere waterceus + band ray + fairly standard team. not much to say other than me playing this poorly which caused me my only loss up until semis.

g2: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1093419504
:genesect::chansey::ho-oh::necrozma-dusk-mane::zygarde-complete::xerneas:
genesect is an excellent lure, ohkos most common meta threats, people comparing this to yveltal are loopy and don't understand what makes genesect good at all. reffrey suggested defensive xern and it worked so i added it here. ngl if i was building this team today id make it miles less passive, but still effective and generally a decent team.

g3: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1093425650
:gliscor::arceus::ho-oh::necrozma-dusk-mane::chansey::shedinja:
this is pichus' & thimo's shed stall which is honestly rly good, not going to be in the pokepaste at the end for obvious reasons but just generally a rly solid team.

quarter finals vs staxi
g1: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1097392181-c5glkon35y1cxc5df59jbdaeeqv172spw
:rayquaza-mega::necrozma-dusk-mane::tyranitar::arceus::groudon-primal::kyogre:

lo cm ogre is an excellent dmax target, i haxed him quite a bit so idt it came into play as much as it possibly could have but still a good team i think.

g2: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1097399783-975uag1y8tv1lh48q0hkqgn7xx8mvvopw
:drifblim::scolipede::smeargle::espeon::mr-mime::pyukumuku:

i was scouting the teams he brought all tour, and he brought this same espeed eq ekiller team 3 times in 5 games or so which i kind of wanted to abuse, initially was building some janky gira-o hex spam, but eventually was set on bp when i noticed he never brought haze zyg either. did rly well, he had nothing for it.

semi finals vs ktütverde
g1: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1103029878-wffrzmly29h193nua1s9f4f5xe631qxpw
:zygarde-complete::ferrothorn::necrozma-dusk-mane::ho-oh::arceus::arceus:
i had good matchup here, and i insist that this team is fine even if it's weak to kinda weak to etern like everything i build. cm eleceus seemed like a nobrainer given he hadnt used pdon all tour up until this point, and eleceus didn't really struggle with much more. i let it get toxic'd though and made bad dmax predicts, couldve played this a lot better and won it but oh well.

g2: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1103040701
:kyogre-primal::ho-oh::necrozma-dusk-mane::arceus::zygarde-complete::groudon-primal:
sub pogre in the current meta is great especially with how much people are spamming knock ferro without any grass coverage (he also hadnt brought pdon all tour), didnt do much here due to me sacking to wittle down etern. got a bit lucky in this match, mainly a will-o miss late in the game, i played like trash but oh well.

g3: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1103051571-ljv2w7j5sp0hwhbc3pzl4pg0smk0xbapw
:omastar::ho-oh::necrozma-dusk-mane::ferrothorn::zygarde-complete::rayquaza-mega:
this is the round 1 team with balloon hp fire oma over lo ep, forgot to change goggles zyg to lefties which cost me, but he also did get quite lucky all game. i played oma like garbage so i can't complain too much i guess. overall this set sucked the life out of me and i want my 2 hours back.

junk pile / unused
:salamence-mega::necrozma-dusk-mane::tyranitar::arceus-ground::groudon-primal::kyogre:
initial staxi g1 team, had defensive mega mence which is honestly a good set, just didnt feel comfortable bringing it here. i think i brought it to a seasonal match and it did fine.

:blastoise-mega::necrozma-dusk-mane::zygarde-complete::groudon-primal::ho-oh::zacian-crowned:
i was testing a lot of trash before my ktut set, and this was a notable one. smash toise with tect over a way to hit ferro, so i could scout ditto moves and respond with my immunity, thanks to toise being mega i dont need to worry about them dmaxing to remove choice lock. the main issue with this build is, toise isnt a mon you want to repeatedly switch in, it usually sacrifices a lot of its health just to set up sometimes.

:melmetal::cresselia::diancie::palkia::stakataka::rayquaza-mega:
wanted to tr vs ktut, which might have done well, but idt it would have with this build at all, id have to work at it a lot more. got the inspiration from ben's tr teams which generally aren't that bad and can grab the easy win sometimes. decided against it way too early in the building process for this team to be well flushed out or anything.

:steelix-mega::ho-oh::necrozma-dusk-mane::ferrothorn::arceus-ground::giratina:
idk why i built this but its rly fun to use. i wouldnt trust it in important matches but like mega steelix comes in on most physical attackers easily and sets up / fissures switchins. rly fun, someone can probably make a team with this work but idt its me.

:genesect::nihilego::ho-oh:::groudon-primal::necrozma-dusk-mane::zygarde-complete:
this was initial draft of dockiva g2 team, nihilego is cool i just found chansey to be better here bc i wanted to be able to wish pass to genesect.

:xurkitree::groudon-primal::zygarde-complete::ho-oh::dugtrio::necrozma-dusk-mane:
xurk is very good and strong, got scared of ditto added dugtrio improof, rest very standard, never intended to bring it to a tour game though.

:butterfree::necrozma-dusk-mane::ho-oh::zygarde-complete::ferrothorn::ditto:
some people will think by the icon that im just using an inferior vivillon! you fret not my friend, this is rather the betterfree butterfree set. the best of the butterflies, the let me screw over that xerneas and his family, the let me ohko that dusk mane with sunsteel strike. this is the set, skill swap tinted lens butterfree. but chloe! you insist. why would i want to give my opponent a potentially beneficial ability? well you see, this metagame is full of plenty of set up sweepers, some of which are actually good like geoxern and necrozma-dm. now imagine those pokemon without worrying about resists. your ditto comes in, after youve skill swapped tinted lens and hopefully takes down the opponent! that means, wait for it, you're not ready, well maybe you are, but i'm making this suspenseful anyway, it means, that, you can (sometimes) ohko dusk mane with max starfall, you can do lots to ho-oh with your steel stab on dusk mane! is this an amazing idea or what?

the answer, if you were forced into this false dichotomy, would be what. this is trash but you didn't need me to tell you that. anyway,

[Free Teams CLICK HERE]

thanks for reading now make sure to steal my teams and bully your friends.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)