Resource Natdex OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
How viable is Lava Plume tran in the meta?

With a set like plume protect toxic taunt.
its not bad, plume's nice for a more reliable fire move w the burn chance but its kinda hard dropping magma nowadays, could run both iyw but then you're more than likely to find some move slot issues there dropping stuff like taunt, toxic, heavy slam, rocks, granted though its not the end of the world but u will have to fill in their uses elsewhere. I haven't used toxtect tran but can't imagine it being too great in the current metagame, not having ep is a bit iffy and as i said its generally a waste to not capitalize on tran's trapping prowess.

What is a/the good infiltration dragapult set?
There isn't a set per say, DD almost always uses Clear Body to avoid intimidate primarily, while other sets like Choice Specs or Electrium still use Clear Body over Infiltrator since it ends up having more common uses. Most infiltrator would help with is against Screens HO and random mons that use substitute but those are rather rare occurrences compared to Clear Body which can prevent stat drops ranging from Webs to some interesting interactions like Clefable's Moonblast drop in a pinch to the 1v1 interaction with heatran's Earth Power. Might seem like a small difference but it really comes into play more than u'd think

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
I'm new. what's the National Dex format all about? and how is it different from other formats?

an unofficial metagame based on the principle of everything from Generation 7 being allowed in Generation 8! This means all cut Pokemon, moves, and mechanics such as Mega Evolution are available.
this specifically is what defines National Dex and how its different from other formats.

Reactions: R8

Oculars

JUST WAIT TILL I DROP THESE FLAMES
is a Tiering Contributor
Whats popular rn (or is this too vague to ask)? I see Lele and Washtom around a lot more.
Heres the rises and drops from the most recent VR update(not too long ago), rising mons are becoming more "meta" and "trendy" while dropping mons are kind of on the outs and the meta has shifted unfavourably towards them although a lot are still good .As you'll see you're corect in noticing that Wosh has risen recently.

Attachments

viet noa

eating neopronoun pizza at little xe/xyrs
is a Pre-Contributor
despite its presence in ubers for many generations, deoxys-defense currently sits as an a-tier pokemon ... in natdex uu? what makes it worse than it was in previous metas? what makes it less viable in natdex ou?

Steorra

nya smells
Discord Leader
despite its presence in ubers for many generations, deoxys-defense currently sits as an a-tier pokemon ... in natdex uu? what makes it worse than it was in previous metas? what makes it less viable in natdex ou?
I can't speak for its presence in National Dex UU much (See NDUU SQSA thread) but basically in a nutshell mew.

With the newfound access to Spikes in Mew's arsenal, Deoxys-D has now direct competition as an entry hazard lead setter. In conjunction with the influx of hazard removal, both old and new, on top of items that directly alleviate the effects of entry hazards (ie: Heavy-Duty Boots), Deoxys-D is theoretically less impactful as an entry hazard setter for offensive teams and has been unbanned as a result.
Initial unban reason and well it more or less still stands, leaving Deoxys-D to drop into the first metagame without mew, aka National Dex UU.

Why is weavile on S- tier? Is it because it has more things to hit?

Weavile has raised to S-, this is because Swords Dance + any Z move is stupidly hard to switch into, and it preys on the many bulky offenses running around atm, while also being one of the best ways for offense teams to deal with Mega Latias. Choice Band Weavile is also fantastic on fatter balances as a tool to make progress and remove threatening Pokemon such as Tapu Lele.
Reason given by the VR Council.

Sulo

pure heroine
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
National Dex Leader
Thanks!
Also how viable is mega garchomp in this natdex meta
Mega Garchomp, similar to Mega Tyranitar, isn't exactly a waste of a mega slot. However, both megas usually serve the exact same purpose and don't differ from their original forms.

MegaChomp specifically threatens less of what you usually would due to its lower speed, and taking up the mega slot for a Pokemon nearly identical to its base form usually isn't ideal. The lack of a Z-Crystal can also make it harder to break through bulkier teams as well. You could take this up with someone more experienced, but this is my take :>

adem

yap
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mega Garchomp, similar to Mega Tyranitar, isn't exactly a waste of a mega slot. However, both megas usually serve the exact same purpose and don't differ from their original forms.

MegaChomp specifically threatens less of what you usually would due to its lower speed, and taking up the mega slot for a Pokemon nearly identical to its base form usually isn't ideal. The lack of a Z-Crystal can also make it harder to break through bulkier teams as well. You could take this up with someone more experienced, but this is my take :>
This is definitely not true lol, for either Pokemon. Both forms serve different purposes and do different things, with MChomp being a bulky sweeper on HO, and MTar being more of a Stealth Rocker on Sand teams, while also having the bulk to Pursuit trap things and soft check certain Pokemon while being a niche DDer. Base Garchomp on the other hand is a strong breaker with its Z, or can be a better check to stuff like Heatran whilst soft checking the likes of Mega Lopunny, while wearing down Pokemon with contact moves, and Tyranitar is best as a Choice Band breaker, with nicher SRock sets, generally alongside a resist Berry, although this isnt seen as much.

Thanks!
Also how viable is mega garchomp in this natdex meta
Mega Garchomp serves as a strong and hard to RK sweeper with SD +Scale Shot, and is really quite good on HO. Issue is, HO isnt the bst currently, dragging MChomp's viability down with it. Some people (including myself), have experimented with a mixed set similiar to its main SM set, which works well but is hard to fit. Overall a very viable Pokemon, but isnt as good as it was say, 5 months ago due to meta changes.

Sulo

pure heroine
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
National Dex Leader
This is definitely not true lol, for either Pokemon. Both forms serve different purposes and do different things, with MChomp being a bulky sweeper on HO, and MTar being more of a Stealth Rocker on Sand teams, while also having the bulk to Pursuit trap things and soft check certain Pokemon while being a niche DDer. Base Garchomp on the other hand is a strong breaker with its Z, or can be a better check to stuff like Heatran whilst soft checking the likes of Mega Lopunny, while wearing down Pokemon with contact moves, and Tyranitar is best as a Choice Band breaker, with nicher SRock sets, generally alongside a resist Berry, although this isnt seen as much.

Mega Garchomp serves as a strong and hard to RK sweeper with SD +Scale Shot, and is really quite good on HO. Issue is, HO isnt the bst currently, dragging MChomp's viability down with it. Some people (including myself), have experimented with a mixed set similiar to its main SM set, which works well but is hard to fit. Overall a very viable Pokemon, but isnt as good as it was say, 5 months ago due to meta changes.
Ah I see, thanks for the clarification

blooclipse

formerly Bluecliqse
is sd charizard X good?
i was trying to run this set on a paralyze spam team:
Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
with teammates like defog glare serperior and sr mold breaker druddigon
it has been mostly working, but does anyone know how i can make this better?

Oculars

JUST WAIT TILL I DROP THESE FLAMES
is a Tiering Contributor
is sd charizard X good?
i was trying to run this set on a paralyze spam team:
Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
with teammates like defog glare serperior and sr mold breaker druddigon
it has been mostly working, but does anyone know how i can make this better?
Drop roost and outrage for earthquake and thunder punch and youll have more success, the point of using SD on Zard X is so you beat fat water types with tpunch at +2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)