Resource Natdex OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers

I don't know if this is the right place to talk about it (forgive me if it isn't)

I wonder if there are still plans to test again the 4 Pokémon that were banned from NatDexOU in the past, Darmanitan-Galar, Metagross-mega, tornadus-T and Urshifu-S. In particular Tornadus

Avery

Banned deucer.
I don't know if this is the right place to talk about it (forgive me if it isn't)

I wonder if there are still plans to test again the 4 Pokémon that were banned from NatDexOU in the past, Darmanitan-Galar, Metagross-mega, tornadus-T and Urshifu-S. In particular Tornadus
We’ve considered it but we have no plans to act on those Pokemon as of right now. Do note that of the four, Tornadus-T is definitely the most likely to receive a test at some point (nothing guaranteed though).

Why on earth do people want to unban Tornadus-Therian? It got banned BEFORE it gained Nasty Plot, and +2 Supersonic Skystrike can overwhelm even Zapdos. It also has a great Speed tier, Regenerator, U-turn, and other great utility options like Knock Off and Defog. It seems absolutely ridiculous to me that people are seriously thinking of unbanning it. However, if it gets unbanned, will there be some sort of limiter (like no Nasty Plot + Z-move)?

Avery

Banned deucer.
Why on earth do people want to unban Tornadus-Therian? It got banned BEFORE it gained Nasty Plot, and +2 Supersonic Skystrike can overwhelm even Zapdos. It also has a great Speed tier, Regenerator, U-turn, and other great utility options like Knock Off and Defog. It seems absolutely ridiculous to me that people are seriously thinking of unbanning it. However, if it gets unbanned, will there be some sort of limiter (like no Nasty Plot + Z-move)?
No, in the unlikely event that Torn got freed there would be no complex bans to limit it.

Nowno

la frappe du quartier est approuvé ✅
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 32 HP / 164 Atk / 80 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Punishment

This is the Landorus-T spread that is given on Showdown, but it isn't the same in the dex, so i'd like to know what this is for. I already know the speed is for Excadrill.

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 32 HP / 164 Atk / 80 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Punishment

This is the Landorus-T spread that is given on Showdown, but it isn't the same in the dex, so i'd like to know what this is for. I already know the speed is for Excadrill.
Its outdated; its meant to live two Cinderace Pyro Balls after Stealth Rock

Not 100% sure if this question belongs here, so apologies in advance. Wondering why Mega Kangaskhan is banned this generation. I imagine there's good reasons for it, but in terms or damage output it doesn't seem much different than something with tough claws. Is it purely because of the combination of its bulk/speed/power up punch shenanigans?

Not 100% sure if this question belongs here, so apologies in advance. Wondering why Mega Kangaskhan is banned this generation. I imagine there's good reasons for it, but in terms or damage output it doesn't seem much different than something with tough claws. Is it purely because of the combination of its bulk/speed/power up punch shenanigans?
The biggest reason is actually, seismic toss sets. Being able to chunk everything on s.i for 200 damage is huge. This is made worse by its great bulk and decent speed tier for this role.

Avery

Banned deucer.
In what type of team is gastro being used? Also why is stall using chansey instead of boots blissey?
I know these are probably obvious but i'm not very good.
gastro is typically on balance / stall because they appreciate its ability to check heatran + soft check greninja in 1 slot. also, stall uses chansey instead of blissey because mega sableye can keep hazards off your side effectively, therefore chansey often doesn’t have to take hazards damage and is preferred to blissey. on stall without mega sableye though (mega latias stall mainly), blissey is more often seen.

Are there any viable checks to SD Rocks sets (Chomp/Lando rockium for example) that fit onto stall teams? Sableye can at best neuter the threat with wisp before going down. Corviknight needs heavy defence investment, body press, and iron defence (not exactly viable).

Or would it be easier to prepare the team to let rocks get up on occasion (viable unaware Pokemon can check the above threats, but they can't defog)? Or need I just accept that this MU is not one of the ones stall teams can adequately prepare for?

Are there any viable checks to SD Rocks sets (Chomp/Lando rockium for example) that fit onto stall teams? Sableye can at best neuter the threat with wisp before going down. Corviknight needs heavy defence investment, body press, and iron defence (not exactly viable).

Or would it be easier to prepare the team to let rocks get up on occasion (viable unaware Pokemon can check the above threats, but they can't defog)? Or need I just accept that this MU is not one of the ones stall teams can adequately prepare for?
Iron Defense corviknight is usually dedicated to this role, although sableye can burn it if given the right opportunity. Some stalls also choose to run weavile, which isn’t a switch-in however checks both.

I'm thinking about getting into balance. Any quick tips for building and playing? I've only played competitively with stall.
A quick summary on teambuilding for balance is you first start with what you want to use, could be a lot of things, and from there you round out your team while making sure you fill out a few important boxes. The most notable boxes right now are:
Heatran switch, Ash-Greninja switchin, Ground Immunity, Electric Immunity, Grass Resist(Kart/Rilla/Serp check)
Other important boxes are stopping SD Gliscor and Calm Mind Clefable from winning immediately, and deterring both Garchomp and Mega-Garchomp.

From there you need to be able to make sure you have speed control, either in the form of a scarfer or something really fast like Mega-Lopunny. This is why Scarf Lando is a common fit, because it fills three of these boxes by itself. Some balance staples include Toxapex for its ability to check greninja and many others, gliscor for its electric immunity and ability to check Heatran, Corviknight as the best defogger in the tier, and Clef for its fighting resistance and general utility. Weavile is a fast mon that can trap problems to the balance and packs Ice Shard to make sure Mega Garchomp wont clean you, a common pairing with Corviknight.
Once you feel you have the important check marks filled out, try to evaluate what youre weak to and work from there.
You can't cover everything in teambuilding, so certain matchups you can probably tolerate being weak to, as long as you feel you have a way to win and not be helpless.
Hope this helps, and i might have missed a few things so anyones free to add :blobthumbsup:

I have just recently looked at the role compendium since it's revamp and I am confused on why kart is considered a sun abuser. None of it's moves get power up, even though it dies to any fire move in the first place it now really does die with sun. I also don't know what set of kart abuses sun.

I have just recently looked at the role compendium since it's revamp and I am confused on why kart is considered a sun abuser. None of it's moves get power up, even though it dies to any fire move in the first place it now really does die with sun. I also don't know what set of kart abuses sun.
For future reference, problems with the role compendium should be posted on the role compendium, but basically its Synthesis/Defog Kart sets that abuse sun basically with just increased Synthesis healing, not much else.

is morepeko's aura wheel z crystal type dependent on what z it uses what form it's in or both. For example can electrium use aura wheel if in hangry mode?

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
is morepeko's aura wheel z crystal type dependent on what z it uses what form it's in or both. For example can electrium use aura wheel if in hangry mode?
since the base move is electric type, electrium z would make both forms of aura wheel gigavolt havoc whereas if you equip darkinium z neither variant of aura wheel would be black hole eclipse. Both variants being normal mode and hangry mode. At least that's how PS! handles it.

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
When you knock off a colbur berry and it activates, do you still get the 1.5x power boost from knocking off an item or not?
it'll still get the power boost yea, then colbur would halve the damage.

0 Atk Scizor-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Colbur Berry Reuniclus: 90-106 (21.2 - 25%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO
0 Atk Scizor-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Reuniclus: 180-212 (42.4 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Scizor-Mega Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Reuniclus: 122-144 (28.7 - 33.9%) -- 1.1% chance to 3HKO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)