Resource Natdex OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Is Urshifu R totally outclassed in the meta?
It's just overall kinda mediocre. CB struggles to break stuff like Pex and Fini and is really prediction reliant, unlike the Single-Strike form, which could blow past almost anything in the meta with Wicked Blow+CC+Poison Jab before NatDex banned it, and other stuff like Scarf and BU + Z-move is either outclassed by other mons or just not worth the effort for supporting it. You could attempt to run it alongside Future Sight Slowbro to break Pex and Fini, but opposing Slowbro are still an issue, and there are better options for Fighting-type + FuturePort like Mega Lopunny, Mega Medicham, and even the occasional Galarian Zapdos. Hope this isn't too long of an explanation and that it answers your question!

Is there a chance that regular Blaziken (not mega) can be unbanned from Ubers?
I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure it won't. Since Z-Crystals allow it to break stuff it wouldn't be able to otherwise. For example, a Gigavolt Havoc can let it hit both Slowbro, Toxapex, and Tapu Fini at the same time which it normally wouldn't be able to do. You can bait the Z-move, but then it's just a 50/50, similar to Dragapult.

Hello, I just today started playing NatDex and I can say it's very fun. I find the variety much better than the current SS OU. But there is one thing that I encountered which confuses me.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1250205219-jvzt4tmbk4ftao3bomfhxnuw18ginotpw

The other player used Z - Sand Attack on their Garchomp. Isn't it a direct violation of the evasion clause ? I checked and it was stated in the start of the chat. I am just confused.

Sorry if this doesn't belong here. I didn't know where to post this.

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
Hello, I just today started playing NatDex and I can say it's very fun. I find the variety much better than the current SS OU. But there is one thing that I encountered which confuses me.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1250205219-jvzt4tmbk4ftao3bomfhxnuw18ginotpw

The other player used Z - Sand Attack on their Garchomp. Isn't it a direct violation of the evasion clause ? I checked and it was stated in the start of the chat. I am just confused.

Sorry if this doesn't belong here. I didn't know where to post this.
Hello, and welcome in the tier!

Z moves boosting evasion are one of the very few exceptions to the evasion clause. Evasion clause is active in the natdex OU format (For example, you can't run double team on your natdex team).
Banning evasion boosting zmoves was once discussed back in gen7, and the thread can be found here.

Hope that answers your question. Have a nice day!

Hello, and welcome in the tier!

Z moves boosting evasion are one of the very few exceptions to the evasion clause. Evasion clause is active in the natdex OU format (For example, you can't run double team on your natdex team).
Banning evasion boosting zmoves was once discussed back in gen7, and the thread can be found here.

Hope that answers your question. Have a nice day!
Ah thanks. So basically they aren't banned because you are unable to spam them continuously and repeatedly which makes them less abusable than Double Team or Minimize ?

If that's true, then thanks for clearing it up for me.

Zneon

uh oh
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Are there any suspects in the foreseeable future?
We have been discussing what we will be suspecting, there's an entire OTR dedicated to that which can be seen here. Magearna, Slowbro, Mega Latias and Blissey are the Pokemon we are looking at and are potential suspects for the future, as for when we will do another suspect I cannot say that I know.

Last edited:

JT Yao

Banned deucer.
We have been discussing what we will be suspecting, there's is an entire OTR dedicated to that which can be seen here. Magearna, Slowbro, Mega Latias and Blissey are the Pokemon we are looking at and are potential suspects for the future, as for when we will do another suspect I cannot say that I know.
Thank you! Appreciate it

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
Are Z-Moves compatible with Gen 8 moves? For example, if I used Z-No Retreat, will it actually use the move or will it fail?
Hello there o/
Gen8 physical and special moves will follow the Z-Move power table you can find here.
Gen8 status moves, however, have no additional effects when used with a Z-Crystal. The move will not fail, but it would just do the thing it's supposed to do, with no bonuses.
I hope that answers your question. Have a nice day!

Last edited:
This isn't really a metagame question instead it's a question about the tutoring but anyways, can I post now and wait until I get 35 posts or do I have to post when I get 35 posts?

Is nat dex ru official in December?
National Dex in general isnt official but National Dex RU is still being worked on, but as plans to have it with some sort of challenge or ladder its WAAAYY too far because National Dex UU has to both become popular and develop. So for now it remains on the shadows and as a ND RU player i could say that it could suffer the same case with BH
Edit: yes im late lol

Hello, I apologize if this question might seem silly, but why is Regieleki unranked in the Viability Ranking list? It gets walled by ground types normally, but considering It can make use of Hidden Power Ice in the Nat Dex meta, I would have thought they wouldn't be as problematic for It(and allowing it to then run wild with its electric moves against everything else with far more ease) as they are in the SS OU metagame or Is there perhaps something thar I'm not taking into account?

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hello, I apologize if this question might seem silly, but why is Regieleki unranked in the Viability Ranking list? It gets walled by ground types normally, but considering It can make use of Hidden Power Ice in the Nat Dex meta, I would have thought they wouldn't be as problematic for It(and allowing it to then run wild with its electric moves against everything else with far more ease) as they are in the SS OU metagame or Is there perhaps something thar I'm not taking into account?
As detailed in the National Dex Mechanics thread, Gen 8 mons aren’t given access to moves cut from Gen 8. This means that Regieleki can’t actually use HP Ice, and suffers from the same issues it faces in Galar, though to a greater extent thanks to Gliscor.

Is Rillaboom or Tapu Bulu more viable in the format? If I'm reading the viability rankings correctly, Rillaboom seems superior, but why is this? Thanks.

Reactions: R8

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Is Rillaboom or Tapu Bulu more viable in the format? If I'm reading the viability rankings correctly, Rillaboom seems superior, but why is this? Thanks.
The VR doesn’t lie, Rillaboom overshadows Tapu Bulu thanks to its better Speed, Grassy Glide, Knock Off, and U-turn. This makes it better as a offensive pivot that can do a ton of stuff (knocking items, revenging Ash-Greninja, hitting stupid hard with Wood Hammer) before U-turning out. Its better Speed lets it run Adamant while still outspeeding Heatran, another huge bonus.

The VR doesn’t lie, Rillaboom overshadows Tapu Bulu thanks to its better Speed, Grassy Glide, Knock Off, and U-turn. This makes it better as a offensive pivot that can do a ton of stuff (knocking items, revenging Ash-Greninja, hitting stupid hard with Wood Hammer) before U-turning out. Its better Speed lets it run Adamant while still outspeeding Heatran, another huge bonus.
Very helpful, thanks!

Is it smart to mix stall pokes with damage ones in teams? For example my team has toxapex and ferrothorn together with zapdos and mega lopunny

Is it smart to mix stall pokes with damage ones in teams? For example my team has toxapex and ferrothorn together with zapdos and mega lopunny
One doesn't have to run all offense or all defense. Teams with team members with varying roles are perfectly fine. It all really comes down to how well the Pokemon work with each other, what you're trying to accomplish with the team, and some other stuff too. Though I wouldn't advise thinking about everything at once if you're a beginner.

Avery

Banned deucer.
Hi,

Having a sturdy defensive backbone coupled with some offensive firepower can produce some solid balance teams. That being said, having answers to other threatening Pokemon is more important than making sure you have a certain amount of defensive or offensive Pokemon. If you have a team featuring the core you've mentioned that you'd like some feedback on, you can post it in the Rate My Team forum or ask for help in the PS! Room, though be sure to read the RMT rules before posting there. You can also PM me on Discord (Sevelon#7539) and I'll gladly help you out. Take care!

One doesn't have to run all offense or all defense. Teams with team members with varying roles are perfectly fine. It all really comes down to how well the Pokemon work with each other, what you're trying to accomplish with the team, and some other stuff too. Though I wouldn't advise thinking about everything at once if you're a beginner.
so I am a beginner actually. What routes would you advise as far as going towards building a team goes? I would copy some hyper offensive or stall team I find on the internet, but I don't like the idea of copying someone else's team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)