Resource Natdex OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
How optimized is gen 8 nd, and what can we do to push it further?
Seeing how a metagame as simple and as old RBY still gets "revolutions" from time to time, despite being played at very high level tournaments, I think it is probably safe to say that it always will be possible to push gen8 nd further.

The best way to maintain development for the tier is probably just playing it, and there still will be tournaments involving gen8 national dex, such as the SS National Dex cup, which signups should go up on February 19

Why can’t we use Hisui Pokémon in Natdex? I know they’re ’technically’ unreleased but who cares? Isn’t the whole point of NatDex to use all Pokémon ever available

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
Why can’t we use Hisui Pokémon in Natdex. I know they’re ’technically’ unreleased but who cares? Isn’t the whole point of NatDex to use all Pokémon ever available
natdex's identity is "All cut pokemon, moves and items in Gen 8 Natdex were brought over to Gen 9 OU". Hisiuan pokemon do not fall anywhere in that identity

Why can’t we use Hisui Pokémon in Natdex. I know they’re ’technically’ unreleased but who cares? Isn’t the whole point of NatDex to use all Pokémon ever available
Doesn’t legends arceus count as generation 8? Seems kinda arbitrary
Because Hisuian Pokemon are unreleased, therefore we have no official confirmation on any of their abilities, moves, or stats as of generation 9. Also Legends Arceus was a totally different game series from the mainline, with separate mechanics and a lot of cut or edited content. It isn't arbitrary in the slightest.

Because Hisuian Pokemon are unreleased, therefore we have no official confirmation on any of their abilities, moves, or stats as of generation 9. Also Legends Arceus was a totally different game series from the mainline, with separate mechanics and a lot of cut or edited content. It isn't arbitrary in the slightest.
Except we do cause they're in Gen 9 we just can't get them yet because of Home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)