My XY OU Team - Sweet Destruction

Alright, so I had a whole bunch of XY teams I've ran. I've use a Trick Room team, I've used a Sticky Web team, but this here is my team that I'm using now and effectively.

Ingredients:

Pavlova the Gardevoir
Item: Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace (*Pixilate*)
EVs: 252 SAtk / 70 HP / 186 Spd
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

Ah, the chewy and sweet Pavlova is delicious (never had it tho). Sadly, this one isn't meant for eating.
Pavlova is my main Special Attacker. Using Substitute on Pokemon that try to use Status Effects, only to it fail.
Hyper Voice is her main attacking move. I go with Hyper Voice over Moonblast for two reasons. 1: Due to Pixilate, Hyper Voice becomes a Fairy-type move and becomes 1.3x more powerful. 2: Due to the new mechanics of Sound based moves, Hyper Voice will bypass any Substitutes.
Psyshock is her other STAB attack, hitting special walls easier.
Lastly, Shadow Ball is there to hit Pokemon who resist both Fairy and Psychic, like Aegislash.

Due to Pavlova mainly being used to set up subs against bulky Pokemon, speed isn't as important, and HP helps her last longer.

Combine and set aside.

Camellia the Roserade
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rest

~Fresh. aromatic. Yum. ~
Camellia is my other special attacker. I'm going to be very short with this because this recipe is in every cookbook.

Leaf Storm and Sludge Bomb are obviously the main attacks, providing STAB and power.
Hidden Power Fire is there to hit Steel-types like Ferrothorn, and Rest provides instant heal, and the Sleep will vanish after switching.

Serve hot

Lolly the Mandibuzz
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Defog

How many licks does it take

Lolly is one of my two main supporters. Sporting great physical defense and a great supportive moveset, Lolly stops anything trying to hinder the team with Spore, entry hazards and the like.

Taunt is obvious. It stops slower Pokemon from setting up hazards or status moves from hurting my team.
Roost is to gain recovery if Lolly was chewed through by a hard hit.
Knock Off really hinders Pokemon that rely on they're item (besides Mega Stones).
Lastly Defog gets rid of all Hazards if the opponent managed to set them up.

I cut my tongue.

Gobstopper the Derp-- I mean Quagsire
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

A golden ticket for sure.

With a tough exterior, Gobstopper can
gobstopper Physical sweepers, especially those who set up with stat buffing moves.

Earthquake is Gobstopper's main attack. It won't do too much damage, but it's still nice to have.
Scald hinders Physical attackers even more with a 30% chance to burn.
Toxic is used to deal damaged to Pokemon that completely wall him, like Dragonite and Rotom-W.
And lastly, Recover is obviously. Heal the cracks.

Slurp.

Chantilly the Slurpuff
Item: Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 176 Spd / 252 Atk / 76 SAtk / 4 HP
Naughty Nature
- Belly Drum
- Flamethrower
- Play Rough
- Return

Chantilly. So fluffy... and a huge disaster for the opponent.

With a combo of Belly Drum, Unburden, and a Sitrus Berry, Chantilly can easily sweep the opposing team if they aren't prepared.

Play Rough and Return are the main physical attacks, doing a huge amount of damage to anything that doesn't resist it.
Flamethrower is there for coverage, to hit Steel-types. It's special, so it won't do a lot, but it's a savior to have.

Whip at medium speed until stiff peaks form.

Pudding the Blissey
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 4 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

Puddi Puddi. Giga Puddi!

I may be following the back of the box, but that doesn't mean this common set isn't delicious.

(Skipping bio due to common set)

Tell me. Is this dessert deadly as much is at is delicious?

Last edited:
First thing I saw was the dual ice weakness with no resistance. If I were you, I'd fix that considering all the ice beams lying around, even tho you have Blissey, it gets hit pretty hard by Genesect-s U-Turn for example. Other thing would be how your team gets most likely destroyed by special Lucario, just due to the fact your only special wall is Blissey, which only hope is to stop the Lucario with Twave, but if your Blissey gets too low on health, Lucario can finish it off and proceed to destroy your team. Also checked from the calc and Mega Lucario does 56.1 - 66.2% to your Blissey with Aura Sphere, just so you know. But yeah, your best situation would be paralyzing Lucario when having Mega Gardevoir around. Other than that, the team looks pretty nice and fun to use.

First thing I saw was the dual ice weakness with no resistance. If I were you, I'd fix that considering all the ice beams lying around, even tho you have Blissey, it gets hit pretty hard by Genesect-s U-Turn for example. Other thing would be how your team gets most likely destroyed by special Lucario, just due to the fact your only special wall is Blissey, which only hope is to stop the Lucario with Twave, but if your Blissey gets too low on health, Lucario can finish it off and proceed to destroy your team. Also checked from the calc and Mega Lucario does 56.1 - 66.2% to your Blissey with Aura Sphere, just so you know. But yeah, your best situation would be paralyzing Lucario when having Mega Gardevoir around. Other than that, the team looks pretty nice and fun to use.
Thanks a lot.
I'll put all of these into consideration next time I edit my team. I'll try to find a new mon to replace my Roserade.

EDIT: I replaced Roserade with Darmanitan, but I can't tell if it's better. People keep forfeiting at the sight of Slurpuff.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)