My first team- How bad is it?

I am new to teambuilding, please help! p.s. if my reasons dont really make sense its not my fault

Blizzard (Calyrex-Ice) @ Leftovers
Ability: As One (Glastrier)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Glacial Lance
- Leech Seed
- High Horsepower
- Speed Swap
Speed swap works because calyrex has low speed. glacial lance is a high-attack move, with leech seed and leftovers there so it doesnt die that quickly.

Shinobi (Ninjask) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Speed Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Substitute
- Protect
Is there to anticipate attacks. i send it out at the start and use protect/substitute, if the enemy attacks with a supereffective move they will probably do so the next round as well, in which case I switch some one else in. also because of its high speed i get some chip damage with u turn every time another team member faints. A support pokemon.

Epos (Moltres-Galar) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Fiery Wrath
- Nasty Plot
- Ancient Power
Nasty plot has helped a lot of times, KO'ing many pokemon along with hurricane and fiery wrath. there for killing psychic types

Fenrir (Zacian-Crowned) @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Fire Fang
- Wild Charge
- Swords Dance
Main phys attacker. able to sweep teams with swords dance. fire fang is there to make things... unexpected for the enemy. it actually works

Lana (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Whirlpool
- Nature's Madness
- Haze
Misty surge has prevented my teammates from being poisoned a few times, useful. i dont use haze that much, maybe ill change it? whirlpool is to get some chip damage and trap enemies, with nature's madness and moonblast to attack.

Drake (Palkia) @ Lustrous Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Spacial Rend
Main special attacker. Thunder wave slows the opponent so i almost move first every round. fire blast, hydro pump and spacial rend have a good type coverage between them.

Problems:
Brute force. i did modify a bit from then, but once i was just swept by a zacian-c. from your much deeper understanding of competitive, was that normal or pure dumb luck?
A stalling team. there was this one trainer that used toxapex with baneful bunker, toxic, substitute and recover, and i was very frustrated. i lost. once again, normal or not?

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Well this is not an OU team. This is AG, in which case… it needs a lot work. Very few Pokemon other than 680 BST legendaries are viable in AG. (if you don’t want to be a “legendary spammer” like many new players then don’t play AG) Ninjask and Moltres-G specifically aren’t fit for the tier, and Palkia and Fini are iffy. (despite being a box legendary Palkia is outclassed by Eternatus as a Dragon type and Kyogre as a Water type)

Brute force. i did modify a bit from then, but once i was just swept by a zacian-c. from your much deeper understanding of competitive, was that normal or pure dumb luck?
Yeah your team really has no answer to Zacian-C. Dusk Mane Necrozma is used on almost every team for its ability to check Zacian, consider adding one.
A stalling team. there was this one trainer that used toxapex with baneful bunker, toxic, substitute and recover, and i was very frustrated. i lost. once again, normal or not?
That’s not really a good Toxapex moveset but stall in general can be dealt with with good positioning or just sending in Steel types that can’t be poisoned (Zacian for example forces it out with Wild Charge)

Here are the AG sample teams. As you can see almost every good team uses Necrozma-DM, Yveltal, and Eternatus, for their ability to check common threats and being very good Pokemon in their own right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)