Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Toxapex

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Keep It

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I was screwing around in the teambuilder trying to create a Sun team because Protosynthesis seemed overpowered and I wanted a team that could harness that without losing item slots to Booster Energy. Halfway through Flutter Mane got banned, so I guess this is an Ubers team now, and that meant I could use Koraidon

:ss/Torkoal:
Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Overheat
- Yawn
- Protect

Torkoal does Torkoal things, setting up Sun and being mildly bulky. Ground Tera Type is a random choice because I suck at doing Tera Types. Overheat is decently strong, and Earth Power is pretty much only because of said Tera Type

:sv/Koraidon:
Koraidon @ Heat Rock
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Collision Course
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Bulk Up

This thing is really good. I hate running heat rock, but it still does stupid damage, and the team does appreciate the extra turns as it is hard to switch this thing out. Alternatively it can Terastalize, click Bulk Up, and sweep.

:sv/flutter-mane:
Flutter Mane @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Tera Blast
- Mystical Fire

This is the mon the team was built around. The damage is big enough that the first game I played, I went in to a pre-ban OU match with only Flutter Mane against an admittedly stupid opponent and one or two shotted their entire team. This set hits even harder than that one because of Specs

:sv/roaring-moon:
Roaring Moon @ Life Orb
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Wow another Protosynthesis mon. It’s weaker than Flutter Mane, but the damage is still good enough to justify its inclusion. It’s also the only Clodsire check.

:sv/clodsire:
Clodsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Yawn
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

The last two mons were kinda added on just because I realized I just straight up lost to other hyper offensive teams. Clodsire specifically checks Miraidon and Electric Terrain teams. Bug Tera Type lets you suddenly resist almost everything that would normally hit you super effectively.

:sv/Dachsbun:
Dachsbun @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Well-Baked Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Play Rough
- Protect
- Wish

Worst mon on the team. It was included as a check to other Sun teams because of its ability, but Skeledirge would be much better. The only suggestion I want for this mon is how to replace it.

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Hi BOTW Enjoyer! I appreciate the effort you put into making a sun team. Unfortunately as you may have realized by using this team on the Ubers ladder, dedicated weather teams aren't gonna get you very far. I have a few suggestions to make the team better while keeping the spirit of the team the same.

First off, I'd make Torkoal run Stealth Rock over Protect because your team currently has no hazards, something which facilitates the wallbreaking of the rest of your team and you can afford to let Torkoal go rather early whilst Protect just stalls out your own sun. I'd also run Lava Plume over Overheat, seeing how you want to cripple a potential switchin moreso than power.

:sv/koraidon: :heat-rock:->:leftovers:
You already have a way to set the sun on this team and games definitely don't last forever, so crippling yourself with double Heat Rock isn't a good idea. Leftovers is a nice way to keep Koraidon around for as long as possible.

:sv/flutter-mane:
this Pokemon NEEDS to run Timid so it can Speed tie with all the other base 135 Pokemon in Ubers. I'd also change Terra Blast into Psyshock and make it Terra Fairy over Ice. Ice coverage hits very little that you don't already deal with; Psyshock, on the other hand, gives Flutter Mane a way to deal with Clodsire.

:sv/roaring-moon: Terra
->

I'd also do Crunch>Acrobatics because of how little Dark hits in this metagame, whereas Acrobatics is not only stronger when factoring in STAB, but also resisted but less. It also grants a Ground immunity, something your team is sorely lacking at the moment.

:sv/clodsire:
I think that you have a lot of Water resists as is; Water Absorb serves no purpose, so running Unaware instead can help with threats like Calm Mind Flutter Mane, boosted Skeledirge, boosted Miraidon/Koraidon if necessary and other Paradox Pokemon granted boosts from Protosynthesis. This way, Clodsire has space to run better moves than Haze and Yawn which fail very often when Electric Terrain is up by an opposing Miraidon. So I'll suggest running Earthquake and Spikes over Haze and Yawn. I also think that Terra Bug is really, really not worth, with Steel being a good defensive typing that keeps you insulated from being Toxiced, keeps your Stealth Rock resistance and it makes you resist Dragon when going up against the 'dons.

:sv/dachsbun: -> :sv/scovillain:
Scovillain @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Chlorophyll
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Growth
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast
- Tera Blast

Scovillian provides a decent enough win condition and fits the theme of the team. It outspeeds all foes that aren't boosted and can Terra Fairy to beat the opposing Mirai/Koraidon.

These might seem like a lot, but I am confident that it will make your team better. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

:sv/roaring-moon: Terra
->

I'd also do Crunch>Acrobatics because of how little Dark hits in this metagame, whereas Acrobatics is not only stronger when factoring in STAB, but also resisted but less. It also grants a Ground immunity, something your team is sorely lacking at the moment.
This may be something you considered but because of the fact that Roaring Moon is Dragon/Dark, it gets 2x STAB on Crunch if it runs it and Terastalizes as a Dark type, versus 1.5x STAB on a weaker move if it runs Acrobatics and Flying Tera type, for 160 power on Crunch versus 82.5 power on Acrobatics, with Acrobatics only being slightly stronger if it is super effective, nullifying any number of stronger offensive matchups. In addition to this, without Terastalizing, it is 120 power from already existing STAB versus 55 power with no STAB, making Crunch always stronger than Acrobatics even considering type matchups

OreoSpeedruns

Embrace the wonders within.
is a Tiering Contributor
Without Terastalizing, it is 120 power from already existing STAB versus 55 power with no STAB, making Crunch always stronger than Acrobatics even considering type matchups
In this case I would suggest running Booster Energy over Life Orb so you still get the Protosynthesis boost outside of sun, and it boosts the base power of Acrobatics to much higher than Crunch. Along with Tera Flying as Lasen suggested, Acrobatics can really put the hurt on a lot of enemy Pokémon, and would be better than Tera Dark Crunch in many, if not all scenarios.

Last edited:
I think that your roaring moon is good as is, but just switch life or for choice band. Also, ting-lu instead of dachsbun, bc even tho it has similar weaknesses as clodsire, you can phase with whirlwind, have backup hazards, deal damage with stab eq, taunt opposing supports or walls, and deplete opposing pokes to half health with ruination. I think the versatility provided by ting-lu would help your team. And I would keep water absorb on clodsire so that water and grass can't beat you as easily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)