SS OU My first galar team :) - feedbacks are welcome

Hi all,

After many considerations, how I should build up my tournamentable team, I have now come to the end. The goal is that the Pokemon in it may also act according to the tournament rules, so no two double items. I am looking forward to feedback and/or suggestions for improvement. I don't know if it is good to play without stealth rocks, so I would need some feedback from you :).

Phyiscal Wall(s)

Rotom-Wash @ Bold
Ability: Levitate
Item: Wiki Berry
252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Hydro Pump
Volt Switch
Will-O-Wisp
Defog

It was hard to find the perfect physical wall in this gen for me, but in my opinion rotom has less counter and is often playable. I don't want to use leftovers on rotom which would be the preffered item due to in my opinion it is better on corviknight. Also with Defog spikes and stealth rocks and other things can be removed.

Corviknight @ Impish
Ability: Mirrorarmor
Item: Leftovers
252HP / 252 Def / 4 Int
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Roost

I think most setups will have phyiscal attackers and therefore I wanted a second pyhsical wall. I think Corviknight as well as Rotom combine both a well setup against multiple teams and can be used very often.

Special Defense Wall:

Tyranitar @ Careful
Ability: Sand Stream
Item: Assault Vest
252 HP/ 252 Sp.Def / 4 Def.
Rock Slide
Crunch
Pursuit
Earthquake

I think Tytanitar with the vest makes him very bulky and can be used as well as against many teams. His high stats in def and sp. def makes him a good allrounder.

Wallbreaker Sp.Att:

Toxtricity @ Modest
Ability: Punk Rock
Item: Throat Spray
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Shift Gear
- Overdrive
- Boomburst
- Sludge Bomb

Against sp.def walls as well as against normal def. walls I think he is a good option with the new item throat spray. He has only a few counters and good set to annoy a lot of defensive players.

Wallbreaker Att.:

Darmanitan-Galar @ Jolly
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

As mentioned in an other forum post Darmanitan-Galar is todays good and can 2hko everything. Therefore it is or will be an often played option in my team.

Outspeeder:

Dragapult (M) @ Jolly
Ability: Infiltrator
252 Att / 4 SpD / 252 Spe ,
Item: Life Orb
- Dragon Darts
- Dragon Dance
- Phantom Force
- Substitute

I think in gen8 an outspeeder can be useful in some teams. If the opp. is playing e.g. ditto this would be a fix team member to outspeed it and kill it. Otherwise Dragapult give me with his moveset a second option for a phyiscal wallbreaker.

I hope my first galar team makes a bit sence and feedback is warm welcome.

Many thanks for your help in advance

I think the team is solid but i see a little problem with some pokes, like cinderace, barraskewda or inteleon, i know that you can stop them with your walls but idk that gives me a little bad feeling about those 3.
Also you can try to think in put fire blast on dragapult to take out ferro, bc ferro is a really big problem against your team and with fire blast you can do a really big difference, similar to garchomp in gen 7. Anyways good team and good luck using it:)

Last edited:
Hi all,

After many considerations, how I should build up my tournamentable team, I have now come to the end. The goal is that the Pokemon in it may also act according to the tournament rules, so no two double items. I am looking forward to feedback and/or suggestions for improvement. I don't know if it is good to play without stealth rocks, so I would need some feedback from you :).

Phyiscal Wall(s)

Rotom-Wash @ Bold
Ability: Levitate
Item: Wiki Berry
252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Hydro Pump
Volt Switch
Will-O-Wisp
Defog

It was hard to find the perfect physical wall in this gen for me, but in my opinion rotom has less counter and is often playable. I don't want to use leftovers on rotom which would be the preffered item due to in my opinion it is better on corviknight. Also with Defog spikes and stealth rocks and other things can be removed.

Corviknight @ Impish
Ability: Mirrorarmor
Item: Leftovers
252HP / 252 Def / 4 Int
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Roost

I think most setups will have phyiscal attackers and therefore I wanted a second pyhsical wall. I think Corviknight as well as Rotom combine both a well setup against multiple teams and can be used very often.

Special Defense Wall:

Tyranitar @ Careful
Ability: Sand Stream
Item: Assault Vest
252 HP/ 252 Sp.Def / 4 Def.
Rock Slide
Crunch
Pursuit
Earthquake

I think Tytanitar with the vest makes him very bulky and can be used as well as against many teams. His high stats in def and sp. def makes him a good allrounder.

Wallbreaker Sp.Att:

Toxtricity @ Modest
Ability: Punk Rock
Item: Throat Spray
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Shift Gear
- Overdrive
- Boomburst
- Sludge Bomb

Against sp.def walls as well as against normal def. walls I think he is a good option with the new item throat spray. He has only a few counters and good set to annoy a lot of defensive players.

Wallbreaker Att.:

Darmanitan-Galar @ Jolly
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

As mentioned in an other forum post Darmanitan-Galar is todays good and can 2hko everything. Therefore it is or will be an often played option in my team.

Outspeeder:

Dragapult (M) @ Jolly
Ability: Infiltrator
252 Att / 4 SpD / 252 Spe ,
Item: Life Orb
- Dragon Darts
- Dragon Dance
- Phantom Force
- Substitute

I think in gen8 an outspeeder can be useful in some teams. If the opp. is playing e.g. ditto this would be a fix team member to outspeed it and kill it. Otherwise Dragapult give me with his moveset a second option for a phyiscal wallbreaker.

I hope my first galar team makes a bit sence and feedback is warm welcome.

Many thanks for your help in advance
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think defog isn't available on rotomW in gen8, so you have zero hazard remover, unless you plan to use defog on corvi knight.
Second, this team potentially lose to setup sweepers, especially gyarados with power whip. If it's me, i will find a slot for something like defensive toxapex/dracozolt.
Third, since you are running Tyrannitar, you can make use of excadrill over darmanitan/dragapult. Just a suggestion,and thank you for your time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think defog isn't available on rotomW in gen8, so you have zero hazard remover, unless you plan to use defog on corvi knight.
Second, this team potentially lose to setup sweepers, especially gyarados with power whip. If it's me, i will find a slot for something like defensive toxapex/dracozolt.
Third, since you are running Tyrannitar, you can make use of excadrill over darmanitan/dragapult. Just a suggestion,and thank you for your time.
Rotom can learn defog at the move tutor :). But also it is a good idea to have it on a second hazard remover in the team. Toxapex would be also preferable but unfortunately I had no luck up to now to have it with its hidden ability. If so I would change it with Corviknight. Excadrill is also a good idea which I haven't thought about but anyway darmanitan/dragapult can be used without Tyrannitar and so Excadrill could only be used with Tyrannitar and that would be not so flexible...

Many thanks to your tips :)

Rotom can learn defog at the move tutor :). But also it is a good idea to have it on a second hazard remover in the team. Toxapex would be also preferable but unfortunately I had no luck up to now to have it with its hidden ability. If so I would change it with Corviknight. Excadrill is also a good idea which I haven't thought about but anyway darmanitan/dragapult can be used without Tyrannitar and so Excadrill could only be used with Tyrannitar and that would be not so flexible...

Many thanks to your tips :)
Defog is illegal in Gen 8 OU on Rotom though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)