Team MWP III - Discussion Thread

Namranan

:)))))))))))
After 4 years of playing this game, I finally got my first chance at making it into a team tour. After years of mentality training, and improving my playing I finally got my chance to shine for everyone to see. To say I am happy with how I did would be an understatement, I will cherish and remember this tournament as an example of my hard work paying off, and me actually being good and not just a memer. I will make shoutouts for everyone on my team and thank them for allowing me to prove myself in this tour.

LuckyPiper Thank you for drafting me for this tour. I was not expecting you of all people (especially after blt) to get me in a serious tournament, but here we are. I appreciated the team you drafted and the atmosphere you helped create in our teamchat, if it wasn't for you, this team would not have been as great as it was. Of course, everyone played a pivotal role, but I think I speak for everyone when I say that you were one of the best managers to play for, and I hope you purchase me in any other tour you end up managing. Thank you for giving me this chance to succeed, I will appreciate it to the day I retire from mons.

Perish Song one of my best friends on this site and also a great team presence. Thank you for putting up with Mr. Piper's nonsense and getting this team and creating a wonderful environment to play in. I appreciate you taking the chance to trust Piper's unconventional picks and I appreciated how much you cared about this team even with all ur irl stuff going on. I was very pleased to have you as my manager and I would love to work with you again. And once again, thank you for drafting me!

Crashy My old bully turned friend. I loved testing Lc and helping prep with you (even if I was away sometimes) and our chemistry in Lc along with the goated Joltage is unparalleled. I truly do think we were the greatest Lc in the tour, even if we lost only two games the whole tour in this slot, I think our combined knowledge and skill in this tier allowed us to do something special in this slot, and boy did we perform. Also gotta respect crashy for having a great mentality and always hyping us up even during our low moments, his team spirit allowed us to thrive and I think everyone appreciated it. I'd love to team with you again brother, keep being great :blobtriumph:

taide Alas, this was not how we wanted this to end but hey we did really well for a couple of "wildcard" 3k's. You slayed in threat and I loved helping you prep alongside iLlama and Misaka Mikoto. Our threat was really solid and I wish I could've been a little more helpful but I'm glad you had a good tour my man. I'd love to team with you again!

vivalospride We rarely interacted but I still appreciated your great attitude and ability to play. You may have not performed the best this tour but I do still think ur pretty good, just a lot of unfort things happened (hax, MU, etc.) I wish I could've helped out here more but unfort the meta was too volatile for me to get a grip on to properly help you, especially with triage being banned after week 1. I wish you the best in future tours tho!

Fylkir Pudin Howdy fren. Unfort you did not do as well as I thought you would do, BUT I still enjoyed ur presence. Once again I wish I helped you prep more but STABmons is crazy like how tf am I supposed to build a balance team with oblivion wing Moltres Galar on Dark like huh????? In all seriousness tho, I think ur still good and I liked ur mentality so keep it up and get a win in another tour.

Feitan the steam I loved playing with you on the average decem's and I loved playing with you here, always a pleasure. I think ur still a super amazing player and I really wished we could interact more but tz's are tz's :(. Anyway hope we team again and I loved playing with you!

Kaguya Lys Kaguyayayayayayaya!!!! You are a true up and coming player and I think you will go very very very very very very far in this competitive scene, even outside of mono. I think you are one team tour away from becoming a household name in the mono community, I wish the best for you lad. Also thanks for having a great mental and an amazing attitude towards your matches.

Dieu Amphibien and yedla Mon francais amis. I wish both of you did better this tour but such is the brutal game that is pokemon. I think you are both budding players that just need a touch of improvement and will certainly become major threats in the monotype scene. Keep up the motivation and keep grinding lads!

adjustments Hey man, this clearly wasn't your tour, but Rome wasn't built in a day. It takes a lot of work to become a major threat and trust me I've been in your shoes. Don't let this performance wear you down, just keep going and keep grinding and you will become a great player. I guarantee it my friend.

martha Unlike most of our teammates I'm actually quite familiar with you and I know you are way better than what was shown in your singular game. Don't give up hope on mono, I know you are good and have potential to be great so just keep playing and I assure you success will follow. (Also please keep me in your thoughts for Qc :D)

RAP Yogurt This wasn't your tour, but you've shown elsewhere that you are capable of great things so just dust this tour off and keep grinding. I wish you talked more in teamchat but when you did talk it was great and it made the teamchat more enjoyable, thank you for everything.

Prof.Otaku Fraolain ez Cognitohazard jonfilch - Thank you all for your help, it was appreciated and all of us at the wartortles thank you!

To all other teams good luck! And to the undrafted spectators, I was also once in your shoes, just know that if you work at it you can achieve great things in this game. Never waver, just stay positive and keep going.

Last edited:

Vodoom

is a Tiering Contributor
MPL Champion
After 4 years of playing this game, I finally got my first chance at making it into a team tour. After years of mentality training, and improving my playing I finally got my chance to shine for everyone to see. To say I am happy with how I did would be an understatement, I will cherish and remember this tournament as an example of my hard work paying off, and me actually being good and not just a memer. I will make shoutouts for everyone on my team and thank them for allowing me to prove myself in this tour.

LuckyPiper Thank you for drafting me for this tour. I was not expecting you of all people (especially after blt) to get me in a serious tournament, but here we are. I appreciated the team you drafted and the atmosphere you helped create in our teamchat, if it wasn't for you, this team would not have been as great as it was. Of course, everyone played a pivotal role, but I think I speak for everyone when I say that you were one of the best managers to play for, and I hope you purchase me in any other tour you end up managing. Thank you for giving me this chance to succeed, I will appreciate it to the day I retire from mons.

Perish Song one of my best friends on this site and also a great team presence. Thank you for putting up with Mr. Piper's nonsense and getting this team and creating a wonderful environment to play in. I appreciate you taking the chance to trust Piper's unconventional picks and I appreciated how much you cared about this team even with all ur irl stuff going on. I was very pleased to have you as my manager and I would love to work with you again. And once again, thank you for drafting me!

Crashy My old bully turned friend. I loved testing Lc and helping prep with you (even if I was away sometimes) and our chemistry in Lc along with the goated Joltage is unparalleled. I truly do think we were the greatest Lc in the tour, even if we lost only two games the whole tour in this slot, I think our combined knowledge and skill in this tier allowed us to do something special in this slot, and boy did we perform. Also gotta respect crashy for having a great mentality and always hyping us up even during our low moments, his team spirit allowed us to thrive and I think everyone appreciated it. I'd love to team with you again brother, keep being great :blobtriumph:

taide Alas, this was not how we wanted this to end but hey we did really well for a couple of "wildcard" 3k's. You slayed in threat and I loved helping you prep alongside iLlama and Misaka Mikoto. Our threat was really solid and I wish I could've been a little more helpful but I'm glad you had a good tour my man. I'd love to team with you again!

vivalospride We rarely interacted but I still appreciated your great attitude and ability to play. You may have not performed the best this tour but I do still think ur pretty good, just a lot of unfort things happened (hax, MU, etc.) I wish I could've helped out here more but unfort the meta was too volatile for me to get a grip on to properly help you, especially with triage being banned after week 1. I wish you the best in future tours tho!

Fylkir Pudin Howdy fren. Unfort you did not do as well as I thought you would do, BUT I still enjoyed ur presence. Once again I wish I helped you prep more but STABmons is crazy like how tf am I supposed to build a balance team with Boomburst Aerialate Noivern on Dragon like huh????? In all seriousness tho, I think ur still good and I liked ur mentality so keep it up and get a win in another tour.

Feitan the steam I loved playing with you on the average decem's and I loved playing with you here, always a pleasure. I think ur still a super amazing player and I really wished we could interact more but tz's are tz's :(. Anyway hope we team again and I loved playing with you!

Kaguya Lys Kaguyayayayayayaya!!!! You are a true up and coming player and I think you will go very very very very very very far in this competitive scene, even outside of mono. I think you are one team tour away from becoming a household name in the mono community, I wish the best for you lad. Also thanks for having a great mental and an amazing attitude towards your matches.

Dieu Amphibien and yedla Mon francais amis. I wish both of you did better this tour but such is the brutal game that is pokemon. I think you are both budding players that just need a touch of improvement and will certainly become major threats in the monotype scene. Keep up the motivation and keep grinding lads!

adjustments Hey man, this clearly wasn't your tour, but Rome wasn't built in a day. It takes a lot of work to become a major threat and trust me I've been in your shoes. Don't let this performance wear you down, just keep going and keep grinding and you will become a great player. I guarantee it my friend.

martha Unlike most of our teammates I'm actually quite familiar with you and I know you are way better than what was shown in your singular game. Don't give up hope on mono, I know you are good and have potential to be great so just keep playing and I assure you success will follow. (Also please keep me in your thoughts for Qc :D)

RAP Yogurt This wasn't your tour, but you've shown elsewhere that you are capable of great things so just dust this tour off and keep grinding. I wish you talked more in teamchat but when you did talk it was great and it made the teamchat more enjoyable, thank you for everything.

Prof.Otaku Fraolain ez Cognitohazard jonfilch - Thank you all for your help, it was appreciated and all of us at the wartortles thank you!

To all other teams good luck! And to the undrafted spectators, I was also once in your shoes, just know that if you work at it you can achieve great things in this game. Never waver, just stay positive and keep going.

Wow what an insane way to end the regular season for this year's MWP. I am so thankful to have been given a chance to play in this team tour with such wonderful teammates. Also surprised to end the season with the best natdex record. Only to thank my team for that. Here are some s/os for this tour.

Zarif Thank you for drafting me this MWP and giving me this chance to play. You are probably one of the best managers, and I saw that in MPL with the Bucks and now here with the Tsareenas. Thanks for believing in me I really hope you come back and manage for MPL.

Azelea Even though you couldn't be active because of your life, thanks for still being a mental cheerleader for the team!

Bushtush Ay bush I know you didn't have the best of tours, but I admired your perseverance and even netted some important wins in the end. Hope you do well in SPL! I'm rooting for you!

wanka wankers thanks for teaching me a few things on how to play during the first two weeks of the season. If you read this in the future, I hope everything works out well with you.

Jolly Togekiss ^-^ I know that last game you played was unfortunate, but the amount of work you've done for this team is amazing. You basically carried us in the first half of the season in all the tiers, and then specifically helped our OMs in the final weeks of the season. You're such a good teammate.

power Yooo I know you didn't say much in chat, but I appreciated the effort you put into each week.

tko YOO TKOAT. You're such a positive and funny teammate. Your high energy is a blessing to this team in its losses. Hopefully we can team again in the future.

1 True Lycan Lycan you're so good at this game. I know the sheet doesn't reflect it this tour, but your play was too good when I watched it. Hope you do well in SPL!

K3ppr Ay I know you didn't have the greatest of tours, but I loved how much effort you put in even if you weren't playing. You're a great teammate.

Isza Yo Isza I know that last game sucked that you lost, but I cannot thank you enough for the preparation you have done for me this tour. Also, I loved your belief in us, and the tips you gave me for when I played. Hope you do well in SPL!

Splash Yo thanks for being my tutor and trying to connect me with some managers. I learned a lot from you on how to play, and I hope you have a good postseason!

Prosaic Thanks for believing in me friend :D

Thank you to those who've been watching my videos or who have been watchin my games. I hope I entertained y'all with my interesting gameplay. Hopefully I'll be playing in BLT! Also go Krows and Pandas! I am rooting for you guys.

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Much to be done, so the roses first:

Trichotomy who do I have to bribe to actually be as good a player as you? You just keep on proving to people that you can pull up on anyone with fire teams and a solid mindset, and dominate in every single match. Really just a team player at many levels; definitely someone I'd consider teaming with again in the future. Congratulations on your first Mono ring; it's the first of many more to come.~

King Choco the only place for you to go is up. You got the taste of both winning and losing a Monotype team tour, and I've witnessed you grown tremendously as a player over the course of both. You're already a great player, but there's so much you haven't done and that's where I think people will come to realize how solid you are. Keep on grinding lad.~

Shiba aka. Big Sean aka. NAVBRON JAMES over here really popped off with the best, strictly SS record of the tour. Overall, you were great to work with and to talk to, and just grinding every week to earn your win restates your commitment to winning. Congratulations on getting a record-setting 4th Mono ring; man do you know how to lose these things?~

I swear, Quantum Tesseract is still on top of the Mono STAB world. If anyone had any doubts about you being washed prior to the start of the tour, they better rescind that real quick after another incredible performance by you this tour. Congratulations on a job well done.~

Fissure man, what a ride it's been for you. For a complete newcomer to go into this tour to take on giants in the format with excellent building and a level head, making people genuinely excited to watch Mono AAA every week because you were in the lineup, it was a pleasure to watch you excel every single week with shock and awe. Truly the MVP of the tournament in most people's eyes.~

Eternal Spirit While SS didn't work out initially, you smashed LC from the moment you stepped foot in it. Thank you for giving me and our team the opportunity to work with you! Now go out and take that magic of yours and ball out for a trophy in SPL, you hear?~

Nailec hey now, this tour might not have been the kindest to you, we were able to give you another MWP ring under your belt. Your record doesn't reflect the work you put in day in and out for both LC and Threat prep, especially when your teams helped make Gama into an absolute beast in that format. Your efforts and drive helped steer this team to a fascinating win, don't forget that.~

Well, someone had to get Skysolo a Mono ring eventually, right? Even though you weren't in a Mono OM long term, you really went out and became undefeated in NatDex from Week 4 onward just by executing every battle. Ignore the shit that Alkione and H.M.N.I.P gave you every week, enjoy this dub.~

Resident Mono UU/NatDex main Lilburr, we did it lass. Don't sweat the record, cause frankly I blame myself a bit for not knowing more to help you out earlier on in the regular season. We already know how talented you are and can be at base UU and NatDex anyway, it just didn't come to fruition. Good Luck in UUPL & LTPL, and (from one RWBY fan to another) I'm pulling for you to win best custom avatar.~

basaninho we already exchanged congratulations in the discord, so not much needs to be said that I haven't already. Even though it didn't pan out the way we wanted for you, I'm glad to have you aboard for this journey, and thankful we were able to reach this destination together. You have a great personality and knack for Monothreat that will only get better with more time, effort, and exposure.~

Brumirage & le LLiolae hey there lads. Sorry we couldn't give you as much shine this tour; everyone on this team just ended up being goats got it done for you. I'd definitely be down to team with ya'll again though, to really give you both the full experience and rush of performing in a Monotype team tour, but for now, take this time and savor this victory with your team because this is what ya'll deserve.~ :psyglad:

Shoutouts to AmirAlexander and Dieu Amphibien again for the goated art, glad we were able to pull this out for you~

Thanks again to Crashy, taide, & Sae for a helping hand during our playoff run, we definitely needed and appreciated it~

And lastly a final shoutout to thy assman In The Hills. Definitely a first for both of us winning strictly a Monotype Team Tour, and it definitely won't be the last time we win another team tour this year, promise.~

Some short, personal, final thoughts about some of the OM's for this tour:

AAA:
- Please for the love of god ban Noivern. It was extremely uncompetitive to build with and fight against; you really can come in on anything and OHKO/2HKO it w/ Specs Boomburst that isn't a Steel-type or SpDef AV, and it's inherently stupid; this thing should've never made it to Week 1 in the first place.
- Poison Heal Pokemon are very annoying to fight.
- Fighting AAA is phenomenal, don't sleep on it.

STAB:
- Tapu Koko is kind of insane right now. Choiced Physical, set up or Choiced Special sets, even without Hidden Power are extremely dangerous. Stallbreaker sets with Thunder Cage/Taunt/Nature's Madness will claim most utility based Pokemon with little feedback, and the general power of Electric moves alongside Electric Terrain given every mon can option for Rising Voltage or Bolt Strike seem damn near impossible to handle bar natural type advantages, which Rotom more often than not mitigates on its own. I'd like to think it should be evaluated sometime down the road.
- Dark is trash, but Galarian Moltres is amazing.

LC:
- I've played, I've seen, I've tried, it's just not great right now. Even post-Grookey ban, it doesn't feel fun to play and build, and is inherently boring from a spectator standpoint.

Not gonna lie, I didn't think I'd ever see the day where I'd win a Monotype team tour as a manager or a player. Now that I've done the former, I feel motivated to win one as the latter now. With what's planned in store for Monotype and knowing how good our community playerbase is this year I plan on stepping up my game, and I can't wait to get started.

One final thank you to the Skorchers and GG's to Krows, was a fun tour!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)