Approved "Muting" PS Chatrooms

This a minor suggestion but basically chat rooms indicate that new messages have been sent by changing the color of the name of the room to blue instead of white,

Capture.PNG

but sometimes I only really join rooms to play tours (ie Tour room, Roa room, etc). What I want to suggest is that an option to "Mute" rooms should exist and when a room is muted they won't turn blue but they will still highlight you if are tagged/there's a tour. I'm suggesting this because I have minor OCD and constantly need to check these rooms whenever they turn blue which can sometimes become tedious when I'm teambuilding/laddering.
The option to mute the room can be implemented through a command like such /mute lobby , or by right clicking on the room name maybe? I don't know how hard this would be to implement but I'd appreciate it if it could be implemented!

Last edited:
Apparently tons of people have minor OCD. I'm not surprised, I do too; this is a good idea!

Discord calls this feature "mute" but I think "hide new message indicator" would be a clearer name for it?
I think "hide new message indicator" is a bit too long , "hide new messages" alone should get the point across and is much shorter. Then again this may confuse users and lead them to believe all new messages written in the chatroom won't appear anymore so I can understand why "hide new message indicator" is potentially the better option.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
"Show orange for new messages" (changing to "blue" in dark mode)?

It's definitely difficult to make it short but also clear. "Hide new messages" sounds like you're hiding the messages themselves rather than just the indicator.

"Show orange for new messages" (changing to "blue" in dark mode)?

It's definitely difficult to make it short but also clear. "Hide new messages" sounds like you're hiding the messages themselves rather than just the indicator.
I think i's just better to stick to the original idea of "hide new message indicator" then, but I'm not too good at naming stuff so I'll leave this up to the ones implementing this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)