Mushroom Warfare (OU Warstory)

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Explosion is such a great move when used correctly, well done on a nice warstory :)

too bad they don't have rotom-h sprite(s) with that

As i expected from your warstorys.Its perfect,Glad to see some breloom and "Dynatran" action.

9.1/10 i dont really have much to say other than bravo!

Ah, I've always loved your warstories. They're the ones that inspired me to make some of my own!

There were a few mistakes, but still - it was a decent game and your comments are just fantastic (and are archive worthy just on their own, without any doubt). I was really glad that you came back to the warstory buissness, and I hope you make more!

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Very nice Warstory LR, yep :)

I liked how there was alot of prediction in the middle and in the end you guys took out each others remaining pokemon one by one.

Just want to say that this was an awesome read as usual LR, but then again when have you ever let us down?

My favorite part about it was the fact that it showed Dragonite at its best, providing the crucial difference in the match that Salamence could never have hoped to make.

Meh, I may not be an expert but those mistakes you made could have easily been avoided. Funny to me how everyone else will find a mistake in everyone else's warstories and say how they should have been avoided, but when you make the same ones, those same people come and say "Bravo! Those mistakes were just tiny!." I for one think that the game could have been played better had you thought just a bit harder rather than passing over what could have cost you the game.
Your opponent gave up Infernape at a time when it seemed to me he shouldn't have. He knew your Dragonite was a lead, and to be quite frank, almost no lead Dragonites run without Extremespeed. The switch there should have been made to Rotom-H, meaning that he could have easily, from that point, outplayed you and probably won the match. Not to say you lack skill, but he would have had a major advantage against you there. Of course, he may have been simply overpredicting thinking you would DM, trying to keep Rotom-H well, but that would have been too risky at that point to even think about. In my mind, it doesn't seem plausible to go ahead and DM when Extremespeed would have sufficed and not cost you 2 Sp.A points.

Other than that, a great warstory and the comments really made it better. I'd give it a rating, but I don't have a criteria written out to rate it with. If I had to come up with one off the top of my head, 4/5 for yourself and 3.5/5 for your opponent. The comments, though, get a 5 from me. Looking forward to another if you get a better match.

EDIT: For some reason I missed a large post where you explained why it is that he would have sacrificed Infernape, I think I may have just skipped the paragraph though, thinking it was related to prediction more so than it was to Infernape. Either way my thoughts remain the same.

When I saw the thread my first thought was, "Even though the warstory will be awesome regardless since it's by LR, I really hope it has Breloom judging by the title."

I was not disappointed... Great warstory LR. Thanks for representing my favorite pokemon :3

kaito1412 switched in Rotom-h.
Pointed stones dug into Rotom-h.

Breloom used Spore.
Rotom-h fell asleep!
Rotom-h's Lum Berry cured its Sleep!
This was not a move he did on purpose. Last time you superpowered blissey immediately, so he brought rotom in on a predicted superpower. I'm sure that the lum berry played a least some part in this decision though.

Overall a pretty good warstory. Its also nice to see Breloom used in a way other than the spore/focus punch/leech seed spamming set, which in general offers no team synergy. You also had some pretty nice predicts there.

I liked this warstory but I don't think that it is good enough to get archived.

I'm not one to love warstories.. but really.. this is quality stuff. I enjoyed it very much. And unlike most Warstories.. i was ready to read more.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's a great warstory, and has brilliant commentary, as one would expect from Legacy Raider. However, this match just didn't seem to draw me in as much as some of your others. It wasn't a bad match at all, and it cast Dragonite in a good light, but I don't know... it certainly didn't match up to the Empoleon sweep one. I don't think that this is as good as some others by you, LR(no offense meant at all, it's still a great warstory)

4.5/5, great job!

In regards to the last round decision re: Dragonite and Breloom; you should have switched. While you didn't gain anything if you brought out Breloom and he 2HKO'd it, you also didn't lose anything; Dragonite was no less likely to KO with Extremespeed either.

Essentially, it was a win-null situation, where you simply give him a chance to make the mistake.

I also find it amusing that neither of you pulled off a successful Spore, despite both running Breloom.

EDIT: Also, I'm pretty sure Lum Berry should have activated on your Paralysed Bronzong after using Trick. I'm sure I've seen it happen that way in the Battle Tower.

I looked at the thread and saw "Legacy Raider" and "Warstory," and knew that I had to read this. 10/10. How you do it, I don't know.

Excellent warstory. I usually get bored with them after a few turns, but this one had me hooked. Also, great ending :happybrain:

9/10

EDIT: Changed the score again o.O

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Gonna move this to the Warstory Archive tomorrow so if anybody else would like to get a comment in, now's the time!

Yeah - I also want to point out that this warstory does a nice job of highlighting the uses of ExtremeSpeed on Dragonite, one of the first to do so. Kindof a 'record' of metagame development. Pretty cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)