Pet Mod Multiverse [Done]

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for doing my job

I also wanted to take the opportunity and remove Dynamax from this submission slate. It is really difficult to balance Dynamax and there was no interest for Dynamax in the first place. I will still keep my submission for it as a memory, but there will be no winner for a Dynamax rework
Dynamax replacements are still allowed for items (like we did replacements for Mega Stones and Z-Crystals)

ViZar

your toast is burned
triple post, epic

Voting starts now and will last until 28th march, at 4pm (GMT+1)

It's time to vote now! There is an extended explanation for the Voting rules below, but I'll provide you a TL;DR version.
  • Vote for a maximum of 8 submission (you can vote for less, but 8 is recommended)
  • 2 Self Votes are allowed but they can't be 1st place and one of them can't be 3rd place
  • Specify which sub you are voting for! Either by mentioning its niche or submitter (Votes that don't follow this rule won't be counted)

Voting is pretty easy to understand. You have to vote for 8 Pokemon (more or less votes will not count) and they have to be ordered (meaning the 1st place has more points than the 8th place) and Self Votes are allowed, but they can't be 1st place and you can only vote for yourself 2 times. When voting for a Pokemon, you should also mention its niche, cause this makes it clearer when a Pokemon has been subbed more than once. If there are two subs which cover the same Pokemon and the same Niche, then mention the name of the submitter as well.
Person A submitted: :venusaur::kangaskhan::chansey::zapdos::exeggutor::alakazam::moltres:(bw ru):starmie:(ss nu)
Person B submitted: :snorlax::charizard::starmie:(adv ou):articuno::arcanine: (This person only submitted 5 mons, which is okay)
Person C submitted: :blastoise::persian::beedrill::marowak::dragonite::slowbro::tentacruel::moltres:(bw ru)
  1. :beedrill: (ORAS UU)
  2. :Venusaur:(DPP UU) (SV)
  3. :Zapdos: (RBY OU) (SV)
  4. :moltres: (BW RU from Person C)
  5. :starmie: (ADV OU)
  6. :charizard: (SM OU)
  7. :slowbro: (RBY OU)
  8. :dragonite: (DPP OU)

Guess I gotta vote now

:arctozolt: ViZar
I got arctochills from this sub
:dubwool: G-Luke
dubwool is a dub-e-oo submission and it’s an all around Dub of a submission
:thwackey:
My sub is thwamazing indeed, I forgot to buff it lmao
:ponyta-galar: G-Luke
This sub reminds me of the queen of my little pony
:calyrex: g-luke
calynuts
:dragapult: devitaion395
Drop a draco
:corviknight:
in gmax we trust
:cinderace:
broken? maybe. fun? Hell yeah.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Guess I gotta vote now

:arctozolt: ViZar
I got arctochills from this sub
:dubwool: G-Luke
dubwool is a dub-e-oo submission and it’s an all around Dub of a submission
:thwackey:
My sub is thwamazing indeed, I forgot to buff it lmao
:ponyta-galar: G-Luke
This sub reminds me of the queen of my little pony
:calyrex: g-luke
calynuts
:dragapult: devitaion395
Drop a draco
:corviknight:
in gmax we trust
:cinderace:
broken? maybe. fun? Hell yeah.
You can't vote for ur mon in third place (but you can vote for it in second). Tho i do not know how these rules apply to a Pokémon when its the only sub you made

ViZar

your toast is burned
gonna prepare the last winner post, gimme a sec

You can't vote for ur mon in third place (but you can vote for it in second). Tho i do not know how these rules apply to a Pokémon when its the only sub you made
It is fine since his highest self vote is the third place.
The highest SV can be 2nd place and below, while the second SV can be 4th place and below
it is fine in this case

ViZar

your toast is burned
Ladies and Gentlemen and everyone inbetween, here we have our final winners of the first iteration of Multiverse.
Huge Congrats to the following people.

:ss/Cinderace:
Pokemon: Cinderace
Niche: SS Ubers (Choice Scarf User)
Type:View attachment 413864View attachment 413865
Ability:
Blaze / Tough Claws
Stats: 85 / 104 / 80 / 65 / 80 / 91
Moves: +Drain Punch, Jump Kick, Poison Jab -Gunk Shot, High Jump Kick

Court Change |View attachment 413863| Physical | 60 | 100 | 24 | Same effect. (Contact)

Description: Passimian-style scarfer. Too lazy to type more. Mobile formatting is tough (claws).
YOU JUST GOT GOONED
:ss/obstagoon:
Pokémon: Obstagoon
Niche: SS RU - Physical Wallbreaker
Stats: 93 HP / 90 Atk / 101 Def / 60 SpA / 81 SpD / 97 Spe (+2)
Types: Dark/Normal
Abilities: Defiant, Guts, Reckless (HA)
Justification: Yeah, that’s right, you got GOONED. I just GOONED ya. What is GOONED, you ask? Well if a GOON is an Obstagoon, then getting GOONED is the act of putting an Obstagoon somewhere. In this case, I made literally no changes to Obstagoon except for an extra 2 points to speed. So yeah, you just got GOONED.
:ss/perrserker:
Pokémon: Perrserker
Niche: [SS PU] Choice Band, Assault Vest
Stats: 80 HP / 115 Atk / 110 Def / 50 SpA / 105 SpD / 50 Spe
Type:

Abilities: Steely Spirit / Battle Armor | HA: Tough Claws
New Moves: Bullet Punch, Drain Punch, Perrserk Paw*
Custom Effects: 65 BP Physical Steel Draining Kiss clone.
Descriptions: Perrserker is a mishmash of a few of the Steel types in the meta, from the raw Attack potency of Mawile and the balanced bulk of most Steels. Band hits really hard but still has a few counterplay options in PhysDef Mew, Eelektross, and Rotom-Mow. AV sets can pivot into a wide variety of moves and can possibly opt for Perrserk Paw for semi reliable recovery. 50 speed sucks as hell as well so that balances it out.
:ss/corsola-galar:
Pokémon: Corsola-Galar (Eviolite compatible)
Niche: [SS NFE] Defensive, Calm Mind
Stats: 60 / 55 / 100 / 95 / 100 / 30 [BST: 440]
Type:

Abilities: Weak Armor / Clear Body
New Moves: Tri Attack

Description: Corsola-G is a boring and mediocre wall in higher tiers, but down in NFE it's actually cool thanks to the power level being low enough for it to make use of actual attacks. A sizeable buff to its SpAtk and a typing with strong neutral coverage allows it to make use of tools like WispHex and Calm Mind.
Rime Ranger Alpha serves as a prequel to a joke from another mod. He started the Ranger Initiative, where he took other Pokémon and showed them how to dance and defeat evil, in that order, or often both at once. There’s nothing to fear, the first Rime Ranger is here!
:ss/mr-rime:
Pokémon: Mr. Rime
Niche: SS PU - Hazard/Screen Control
Stats: 80 HP / 85 Atk / 80 Def (+5) / 110 SpA / 100 SpD / 75 Spe (+5)
Types: Ice/Psychic
Abilities: Infiltrator, Screen Cleaner, Refrigerate (HA)
New Moves: Hyper Voice, Earth Power
Removed Move: Healing Wish
Justification: Most of the optimization here doesn’t come from stats. The majority of changes I made will be found in the movepool additions and new abilities. Infiltrator serves as an alternative to the still existing Screen Cleaner, while Refrigerate allows for Rapid Spin to hit Ghost types, making it more reliable (third time’s the charm). I also gave this Hyper Voice for a good damaging Refrigerate move, gave it Earth Power for a more consistent coverage move to hit Steel types than Focus Blast, and removed Healing Wish in an attempt to establish this mon as a more offensive presence.
:ss/stonjourner:
Pokémon: Stonjourner
Niche: [SS PU (pre-DLC)] Choiced Attacker, Offensive Rocker
Stats: 100 / 125 / 135 / 20 / 20 / 100 [BST: 500]
Type:

Abilities: Power Spot / No Guard
New Moves: Trick
Misc: +479.9kg (max weight)

Description: Stonjourner's good coverage and bizarre stat spread has always made it a fascinating mon to me, but due to DLC and the tier cutoff change raising the power level of low tiers to an insane degree, its time to shine is long gone. One of its most unique traits is its relatively high speed for a Rock-type, so I just amplified that, made its best attacks consistent via No Guard for Edge and higher weight for Heat Crash, and gave it Trick for the choiced sets that struggle to fill its fourth moveslot.
:ss/arctozolt:
Pokémon: Arctozolt
Niche: SS OU - Crown Tundra
Stats: 90/90/90/90/90/55 (505)
Type:

Abilities: Slush Rush
New Moves: Plasma Fists
Removed Moves: Bolt Beak
Arctozolt @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Life Orb
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick / Stomping Tantrum / Blizzard
- Substitute / Stomping Tantrum / Blizzard

Descriptions: We know what :Arctozolt: does. Spamming its ridiculous STABs. However, instead of spamming Bolt Beaks, it will spam Plasma Fists since Bolt Beak is really strong in this meta. Its speed tier is a bit poor but it manages fire off its attacks in Hail or when switching into a defensive Pokemon that gets destroyed by its STABs. Heavy-Duty Boots are most likely the item to go, but with Life Orb it manages to get more 2HKOs and with Thunderbolt, it is the only to 1v1 :Avalugg:. However, Life Orb and its Stealth Rock weakness significantly reduce its longevity. It's also not as fast to begin with. Sure 418 with Adamant is faster than most Pokemon, but Scarf :Venusaur:, :Victreebel: and :Mew: outspeed it. Those are even gimmicky Scarfers and the better ones are even faster. Jolly only manages to outrun :Genesect: but is slower than :Rotom-Mow: and loosing power by running Jolly sucks.
w/ :life-orb:
252+ Atk Life Orb :Arctozolt: Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def :Avalugg:: 135-161 (34.2 - 40.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0- SpA Life Orb :Arctozolt: Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD :Avalugg:: 191-226 (48.4 - 57.3%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb :Arctozolt: Plasma Fists vs. 252 HP / 0 Def :Forretress:: 129-152 (34.4 - 40.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
0- SpA Life Orb :Arctozolt: Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD :Forretress:: 87-103 (23.2 - 27.5%) -- 1.9% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb :Arctozolt: Plasma Fists vs. 0 HP / 0 Def :Hariyama:: 220-259 (52.2 - 61.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, hail damage, and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb :Arctozolt: Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def :Hariyama:: 175-207 (41.5 - 49.1%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock, hail damage, and Leftovers recovery
0- SpA Life Orb :Arctozolt: Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD :Hariyama:: 95-113 (22.5 - 26.8%) -- 95.6% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock, hail damage, and Leftovers recovery

-1 252+ Atk Life Orb :Arctozolt: Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def :Manectric:: 103-122 (36.6 - 43.4%) -- 28.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and hail damage
0- SpA Life Orb :Arctozolt: Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD :Manectric:: 191-226 (67.9 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and hail damage

w/ :heavy-duty-boots:
252+ Atk :Arctozolt: Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def :Avalugg:: 104-124 (26.3 - 31.4%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
0- SpA :Arctozolt: Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD :Avalugg:: 147-174 (37.3 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk :Arctozolt: Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 196+ Def :Arceus-Ground:: 186-222 (47.2 - 56.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage
0- SpA :Arctozolt: Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD :Arceus-Ground:: 204-242 (51.7 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage

252+ Atk :Arctozolt: Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def :Chesnaught:: 150-176 (39.4 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock, hail damage, and Leftovers recovery
0- SpA :Arctozolt: Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD :Chesnaught:: 248-294 (65.2 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, hail damage, and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk :Arctozolt: Plasma Fists vs. 0 HP / 0 Def :Hariyama:: 169-199 (40.1 - 47.2%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock, hail damage, and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk :Arctozolt: Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def :Hariyama:: 135-159 (32 - 37.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock, hail damage, and Leftovers recovery

-1 252+ Atk :Arctozolt: Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def :Manectric:: 79-94 (28.1 - 33.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and hail damage
0- SpA :Arctozolt: Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD :Manectric:: 147-174 (52.3 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and hail damage

Attacks against :arctozolt:
0 SpA Earth Plate :Arceus-Ground: Judgment vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD :Arctozolt:: 270-320 (84.1 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk :Forretress: Gyro Ball (138 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def :Arctozolt:: 148-175 (46.1 - 54.5%) -- 56.3% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA :Manectric: Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD :Arctozolt:: 186-220 (57.9 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
:ss/calyrex:
Pokémon: Calyrex
Niche: [SS ZU] Choice Specs Wallbreaker
Stats: 100 HP / 80 Atk / 80 Def / 85 SpA / 80 SpD / 80 Spe
Type:

Abilities: Contrary
New Moves: Synthesis, King's Shield, Superpower
Descriptions: We lost our chance at Serperior. We lost our chance with Lurantis. But now we have Calyrex. Calyrex goes hard as a breaker Leaf Storm, making Specs be a formidable wallbreaker and potential Scarf sets can snowball. Superpower means it can attack from the opposing side and try to snowball up stats from there, but Calyrex mainly has to contend with its fragility and rather mediocre offensive and defensive typing may leave it to be desired as well.
We went out with a Bang and these Pokemon will hopefully develop the meta in a new direction. We will still do playtesting tours, balance changes and updates (and this thread is open for discussion and nominations) but for now Multiverse has conluded.

Thanks to every submitter and contributor! I hope you enjoyed this mod!​

ViZar

your toast is burned
Servus!

I wanted to do a survey about tour schedules but I figured that I should ask for some opinions about the current meta. I only want to get some thoughts but if there is enough support for action against a Pokemon, we will address that before the tour begins. I will go over the question concerning the Pokemon in the survey.

:ss/mawile:
Mawile
Oh Mawile, it's you again. To be honest, the last "nerf" wasn't really a nerf, so yeah my bad. The thing with Mawile is that it can 1v1 the majority of the metagame and still chunk the next Pokemon coming in. Furthermore, it posses a really good typing and solid bulk, allowing to check many Pokemon and find many opportunities to switch in. It has a bit of a 4MSS, but its go to set which consists of Play Rough, Fire Fang, SD and either Sucker Punch or Knock Off, with the former being better against offensive teams and the latter being better against defensive teams.

The nerfs in the survey consist of nerfing/removing its item, since it is the biggest culprit here. Nerfing stats and its movepool are also options, but they don't completely remove its problems. They act more like alternate options if we want to keep its item and the spirit of the original sub.

:ss/musharna:
Musharna
Another oopsie from me. I can't explain to myself how I missed this before opening votes for Slate 5. The fact that it can run four status moves and nothing else and still be a really Pokemon is ridiculous. Normally, a mon with four status is complete set-up fodder and gets taken advantage of easily. Musharna however, doesn't fear status, taunt or hazards with Magic Bounce and Abstract Dreams doesn't make it set-up fodder. Toxic, WoW and Twave are extremely good and balanced by low accuracy and the fact that you can only run one of them. Abstract Dreams will always be useful no matter against who you use it.

Removing Abstract Dreams would go a long way, but other options are removing Magic Bounce and its Fairy-typing, but it definitively needs two nerfs since it really is a sufficating presence.

Potential Buffs
:ss/crobat::ss/clefable::ss/entei::ss/jumpluff::ss/magby::ss/munchlax::ss/murkrow::ss/regice::ss/sableye::ss/venusaur::ss/victreebel:

Three Babies lol. These Pokemon will most likely get buffs, however no action will be taken before the tour and there will be a buff slate after we figured out what their strenghts and weaknesses are.

Here's the survey. It will conclude on Friday, 8th April at 4 pm (GMT+1)​

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'll put forward my thoughts on the listed Pokémon as well as weigh in my own thoughts on stuff not mentioned here. Make note tho, for stuff like the buffs, for the vast majority of them I have little or zero experience with them.

:mawile:
Hot take, I think Mawile is fine. Its definitely a very strong wallbreaker, and coukd be argued for a potential S ranking, but imo it doesn't impose the level of teambuilding strain nor does it easily blanket the popular team compositions being ran rn. The metagame has grown much more offense heavy with higher speed wallbreakers being more prevalent threats in the metagame right now, in addition to very good sweepers. Fighting types are also no longer as dominating in the meta, and one of the only good Dark types easily 1v1s Mawile, so it actually has a pretty hard time getting in to consistently bully squads. 40 Speed and no item freedom just hold it back heavily, making it so that Mawile has to fully invest in speed just to get the jump on walls, hurting its defensive utility. Hopefully more extensive tours show this, but yeah, I think Mawile can be checked offensively very easy, while a few defensive options (including Intim Mawile) grant it a hard time.

:musharna:
I've slowly grown to hate this Pokémon, and Abstract Dreams is a major part to this Pokémon's success and how easy it is to punish counterplay. In theory it shouldn't be hard to pack counterplay for Mush, but Abstract Dreams throwing out random yet somehow always convenient status for the situation is really troubling. Pivoting in a Mawile or Perrserker should ckme at near risk free to the user, but getting a random burn sucks really hard. Calm Mind Delphox, a top tier wallbreaker, should be able to use it as setup bait, but throw a quick abstract Dreams and get a para, and suddenly you are looking at a very useless Fox. I think removing Abstract Dreams is a no contest, and the debate between removing Magic Bounce or it's Fairy typing is an interesting one. I could go either way imo, and doing one leads to a pathway to buff some other mediocre picks I'll talk about in a bit. I think removing MBounce has more if my support but I could see the vadility in keeping it a mono Psychic MBouncer. There us also tge argument of just leaving it as is after removing MBounce, but not sure how much support it could get. Don't ax it's bulk though please.

For potential buffs

:crobat:
This is rather surprising, but I can see how it can be seen to be fallen by the wayside as the meta has grown. Probably just give it Gunk Shot so it can scare out Fairies imo. Its a pretty fine Pokémon since most Steels aren't as hard to bully as is in OU.

:clefable:
I think this mon is alright too, I think people are just hung up on it not being as splashable as standard Clef. Its really good as a SpD SR setter, and in a more offensively geared metagame, I think running Double Edge is a genuine option, it should 2HKO most offensive Pokémon that do not resist it (Ghost types suck ass), and slotting in a Flamethrower or Fire Blast to catch the Steel switch in let's this thing go crazy. Like SR / Double Edge / Fire Blast or Flamethrower / Soft Boiled is a solid option on teams, and this spread can of course be altered from usual Max HP Max SpD to more offensively geared stat spreads.

:entei:
Yeah, this mon sucks, and honestly sucked since its debut, as it could not compete with the likes of Houndoom in its peak, and now Delphox. I think its the shift away from hard physical sets compounded by all of its problems from standard really leaves it without an identity.

:jumpluff:
Mon just needs coverage, as for right now its walled by alot of stuff by relying on solely Bird stab to get by.

:magmar:
I think this thing is too slow and frail, as the metagame has in general sped up by a large margin since this thing's implementation. It lacking physical Fighting STAB also immensely detrimental to this Pokémon's success, as it tries to strive itself in being a physical Fire. Those are def need to be addressed if buffed.

:munchlax:
I think its just unfortunate, better Fairies are around, and the metagame is alot more aggressive, which is something Munch hates. Not sure what to do here, mon just dislikes the fast paced meta.

:murkrow:
Murkrow should gain Hurricane, and probably could use a bump in bulk, as rn its pretty hard to use since it dies to every Attack. Getting a good special Flying STAB and some actual defensive utility should put it up along side the best.

:regice:
Give this Volt Switch and Freeze Dry and probably pick between recovery and set up, and this thing should start doing wonders. Electric types that can't pivot when they competing with ones that do will always get the short end of the stick.

:sableye:
This only fits on stall imo and stall sucks right now. Maybe Prankster? Not sure on this

:venusaur:
Give it Thick Fat imo. Makes it much more efficient as a defensive wall imo, especially against the growing army of powerful Fire and Ice types.

:victreebel:
Victreebel sucks hard. It has all of the Magmar's problems exacerbated to the tenth degree, its way too slow as a breaker, its typing is hot ass, as even bulky teams have ways to immediately force it out. Mon probably has it worse than everything else in the meta, might need a full rework.

Some other side thoughts, Mesprit is bad, can't break Steels and can't conpete with most top breakers. Gogoat also sucks, I think I over estimated how good its movepool is + Chesnaugut won the same time as it, basically killing any niche it could have. Mon needs a lot of extra tools to properly work rn. Same situation with Leaf Storm Rabbit. Like man, way too much shit force it out, it barely makes progress because too much strong resists to its dual stab are about + it can't touch offense ever.

On flipside Delphox, Tapu Koko and to a lesser extent Solgaleo are fantastic right now, and at least for the former two, I'd argue that you are looking at some of the best Pokémon in the tier period. Delphox alone just makes slow paced balance teams a liability, as they give it way too much sway once it comes in. Koko loves how fast the meta is and how inconsistent the bulky Ground types are right now, and can generally force progress rather easily. Solgaleo is just cool man. Solgium Z sets make for powerful breakers and Scarf sets go hard when they face most offensively based squads.

ViZar

your toast is burned
alright, here are the results
I have limited time, so please forgive me for the low effort in this post.

1649435483245.png

Almost all voters wanted to hold a tour on Sunday, so the tour will take place on that day and maybe Monday too. We will have to figure out a real time, where we hold the tour, but I'll let you know when the tour takes place.

1649435626438.png

Both Pokemon in the suspect section were voted on, however all voters wanted to nerf Musharna, therefore Musharna will be nerfed.

1649435705801.png

Before we get to Musharna's nerf, here are general thoughts on a potential Mawile nerf.

1649435759197.png

It's pretty much agreed that Abstract Dreams is the biggest problem here. There's really no downside in using it. We will see if Musharna needs another nerf, but for time being removing Abstract Dreams should be fine.

1649435850928.png

Last but not least, here are some opinions on potential buff suspects. We will look at those once we held our tours.

Before I go, I'd like to encourage you to read this before joining a tour.

That's it, I'll see you around.

ViZar

your toast is burned
First Round is over!
PokemonUseUsage %Winrate %
Tapu Fini1050%60%
Salamence735%57.14%
Breloom735%57.14%
Houndoom735%28.57%
Manectric735%57.14%
Tyrantrum630%50%
Forretress525%60%
Rotom-Heat525%60%
Araquanid525%40%
Eelektross420%25%
Hydreigon420%75%
Mawile420%75%
Noctowl420%25%
Froslass315%33.33%
Flygon315%66.67%
Mimikyu315%0%
Mamoswine315%33.33%
Clefable315%33.33%
Arctozolt210%50%
Articuno210%50%
Corsola-Galar210%50%
Cinderace210%50%
Victreebel210%0%
Stoutland210%0%
Arceus-Ground210%50%
Whimsicott210%50%
Entei210%50%
Magby210%100%
Genesect-Douse210%100%
Delphox210%100%
Musharna15%100%
Rhyperior15%100%
Greninja15%100%
Mr. Rime15%0%
Venusaur15%0%
Calyrex15%0%

Some Takeaways:

:ss/tapu-fini:
Fini is amazing. It packs a lot of utility and its typing is really great. The only thing it lacks is recovery, which its competition of Mew, Sliggoo and Omastar have over it. However, its Fairy-type is extremely valuable with threats like Hydreigon, Salamence and Tyrantrum. It is also able to check Mawile, Flygon and Mamoswine with its physical bulk. Omastar is physically bulkier but it doesn't pack the Ground neturality. The versatility in sets it can run is also great. The tour exclusively utilised defensive Foggy Mist sets with Knock Off, but it can also run viable Calm Mind, Scarf Trick and Haze sets. You can't go wrong with Fini. Except switching it into Specs Eruption Entei under Sun..

:ss/salamence:
Salamence wasn't too successful to be honest. At least not on its own. Every team packed either Arceus-Ground, Manectric, Tapu Fini or a combination of those three. Even thought it was walled by those Pokemon in most games, it was able to dent them so that its teammates, usually Tyrantrum, could sweep through the opposing team. Other than that, it is a really solid Pokemon. Aerilate Body Slam and Return are difficult to switch in since the former packs the chance to paralyse its target and the latter has great power. Its checks are everywhere but it can punch huge holes.

:ss/breloom:
Poison Heal Breloom was only present in the Sample Teams that I provided and they accomplished shit, to put it nicely. Technician Breloom was more of a threat in the battles between 447323a and G-Luke. Still, the possibility of it running either Ability to great effect makes Breloom a force to be wrecken with. Once Breloom gets a three switch-in, which it does since every team packs a bulky Water- or Ground-type, it really makes life difficult for its opponent with Spore.

:ss/houndoom:
Unless I'm blind, which is probably the case, no Houndoom utilised Huntdown. Other than that, Houndoom was a threatening Pokemon. Drought boosted Fire moves are nuclear and Dark Pulse provides great coverage. Solar Beam nails Fini, therefore you can't resist its attacks without a Hydreigon and your own Houndoom. Omastar is probably the best defensive check to it since it denies Solar Beam from being used in one turn and its Sandstorm bulk allows it to tank a Dark Pulse. Making Entei, Delphox and Rotom-Heat stronger and enabling Whimsicott is great as well.

:ss/manectric:
Intimidate and high speed make it a great pivot. There are two choice sets, being Specs and Scarf, and a HDB sets. All three run Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, a Fire move, either Flamethrower or Overheat, and the choice sets utilise Switcheroo while HDB utilise Toxic or you run two Fire moves on all of them. Needless to say, Manectric is a pain to deal with no matter what set it runs. It hates Grounds-types more than anything else and its competition in Eelektross, Rotom-Mow and Rotom-Heat actually don't mind those.

:ss/tyrantrum:
There are two ways to play with this Pokemon. Either DDAIAIAIAI or DDHSHSHS. In all seriousness, once you set-up a Dragon Dance, you punch immense holes in your opposing team and you allow its teammates to clean lategame. It can be revenge-killed by a lot of priority and by faster Scarfers. It thrives in breaking through defensive teams. Choice Band is also a great set. It looses out on offensive Pokemon but it makes it harder to switch in with its immediate power.

:ss/rotom-heat::ss/eelektross:
I want to talk about those two together since they are pretty similar. Both are Electric-types with Levitate and therefore, they are good by nature. They are also Electric-types that are a pain for Ground-types since they are immune to their STAB and threaten them with Grass moves or Poison. :rotom-mow: also has those traits but it wasn't used for some reason.

Little Mawile usage which is surprising, since it's still rather difficult to switch into. It can ruin defensive teams with Knock Off and Sucker Punch annoys offensive teams. It still has checks with Tapu Fini, Arceus-Ground and Omastar since they have the bulk to withstand its attacks and faster Pokemon that resist Dark like Cinderace, Hydreigon, Keldeo, Obstagoon, Houndoom and Breloom annoy it pretty hard. It is a good Pokemon but struggles and I'm surprised it wasn't used more.

There are other Pokemon I like to talk about but I will talk about those in a video.

ViZar

your toast is burned
Been a long time lol, but here's an update

PokemonUseUsage %Winrate %
Salamence2452.17%41.67%
Tapu Fini2452.17%54.17%
Breloom1634.78%50%
Hydreigon1532.61%53.33%
Mawile1532.61%53.33%
Forretress1328.26%69.23%
Rotom-Heat1226.09%58.33%
Musharna919.57%55.56%
Houndoom919.57%33.33%
Clefable817.39%25%
Cinderace817.39%37.5%
Arceus-*715.22%28.57%
Manectric715.22%57.14%
Mamoswine613.04%50%
Tyrantrum613.04%50%
Rhyperior613.04%83.33%
Golem510.87%20%
Articuno510.87%60%
Eelektross510.87%40%
Flygon510.87%60%
Araquanid510.87%40%
Delphox48.7%75%
Arctozolt48.7%50%
Noctowl48.7%25%
Dragalge36.52%0%
Froslass36.52%33.33%
Corsola-Galar36.52%66.67%
Mimikyu-Busted36.52%0%
Greninja36.52%66.67%
Whimsicott36.52%33.33%
Crobat36.52%100%
Tapu Koko36.52%100%
Mesprit36.52%100%
Obstagoon24.35%50%
Venusaur24.35%50%
Mew24.35%50%
Genesect24.35%50%
Victreebel24.35%0%
Stoutland24.35%0%
Entei24.35%50%
Magby24.35%100%
Genesect-Douse24.35%100%
Keldeo-Resolute24.35%50%
Rotom-Mow24.35%50%
Hariyama12.17%100%
Vikavolt12.17%100%
Mr. Rime12.17%0%
Calyrex12.17%0%
Perrserker12.17%0%
Here are the usage stats. I won't go indepth here since most is self-explanatory and everyone who reads this has either played or watched the tour.

I rather like to talk about changes to the meta. Since none of the participators were interested in creating a VR, I decided to throw out balance changes and leave this mod be for this generation.

Nerfs:
:ss/salamence:
Looses Return & Refresh
Salamence has been a menace since its introduction. While it has many checks, these checks weren't used much in the tour, probably because they are rather hard to fit and can't check Salamence throughout a long game. Hard counters like Rotom-H, Rotom-M and Eelektross have both issues and Manectric does a fine job but really hates EQ and so does Koko. Therefore, it will loose Return as a strong STAB option and Refresh, so that status can be a form of counterplay.

:ss/breloom:
105/130/80/60/70/70 => 80/120/80/60/70/70
Breloom was an unpredictable Pokemon with both Technician and Poison Heal as options. Technician had incredible power and solid coverage and Poison Heal was extremely bulky and gained a lot of opportunities to set-up whatever it wanted. It looses 25 points from its HP and 10 points from its Attack, so that it becomes less powerful and less bulky. It will still be a good Pokemon since its abilities are phenominal and it still packs the tools to get a lot out of these. Now, it's just more manageable.

:ss/hydreigon:
92/105/90/125/90/98 => 92/105/90/115/90/98
Looses Sludge Bomb
The reason why I was hesitant on nerfing Hydreigon was of the 4MSS it had. It needing Flamethrower Genesect, Flash Cannon for Mimikyu, Sludge Bomb for Fini and Roost for longetvity seemed like a problem for it. However, some of its coverage stacks like Flamethrower or Earth Power both hit Mawile, it can usually drop its Dragon STAB and is still good to go. Also, the guessing game involving it wasn't necessarily healthy. Therefore, Hydreigon will loose Sludge Bomb as well as 10 points from its Special Attack. This not only makes it easier to tank but Fini isn't threatened by it anymore and this is important since Fini is probably the best Pokemon in the meta rn.

:ss/tyrantrum:
82/121/119/69/69/71 => 82/111/119/69/69/71
Absolute Impact will be nerfed from 120 BP to 100 BP and 100% Acc to 90% Acc
Tyrantrum was just ridiculous overall. One Dragon Dance and it turned into a OHKO machine. If it didn't OHKO anything, it punched a big hole that the opposing team couldn't recover from. Pokemon that resisted Head Smash got destroyed by Absolute Impact and the other way around. The exception, being Mawile, got destroyed by Earthquake. Therefore, Absolute Impact will be nerfed since it provided a really strong secondary STAB that basically had no drawback. Also, the Attack nerf most notable doesn't OHKO max HP/max Def Fini with a +1 LO Adamant Head Smash.

Mawile-Lite transforms Mawile into its Mega. Upon loosing the item, Mawile transforms back (Note: The Mega has the same stats as its Base)
Mawile is a weird Pokemon here, since it's pretty strong and annoying to deal with but necessarily overpowered. Its defensive sets aren't common but they are viable and they can make life hard for some mons. However, the offensive sets have great power and they still pack solid bulk, good typing and its movepool, while not diverse, makes it harder to deal with. Swords Dance, Play Rough and Fire Fang are the most common moves but depending on what your team needs, you can run Stealth Rock, Knock Off (better against bulkier teams) or Sucker Punch (better against offensive teams) and even drop Swords Dance to be a Stealth Rock setter with 3 attacks or an All-out Attacker. This may seem as a buff at first, since Mawile now gets a Intimidate off before transforming. While this is true, Mawile now fears Trick, Switcheroo or Knock Off instead of being immune to them, which is a big game changer.

Buffs:
:ss/arceus-ground::ss/silvally-fairy:
No longer required to hold their respective Plate or Memory
Multi-Attack is buffed to 120 BP from 90 BP & Silvally-Fairy gains Play Rough and Dazzling Gleam

Groundceus was a decent Pokemon, however its inability to hold a different item hurt it. General issues that Groundceus has, are the levitating Electrics, Eelektross and both Rotoms. It had to use Stone Edge, Toxic or Will-O-Wisp to deny a free switch from them. This gave it a crippling 4MSS, since it also had to run Recover and Judgement/EQ and then Ice Beam to deal with Mence, Stealth Rock and if you go offensive, you'd need Calm Mind or Swords Dance. With the new item slot, it gains more longevity with Leftovers or offensive prowess with Life Orb or Choice Items. The nerfs of Salamence and Tyrantrum already makes them easier to deal with but with Leftovers, Groundceus becomes a more reliable answer to them, even if it doesn't have Ice Beam for Mence.

Fairyally is similar to Groundceus but without the excellence. It has way more competition and it lacks the tools to truely compete with them. The extra item slot makes it easier to use. By giving it a Scarf, it can function as a solid offensive pivot while gaining Play Rough and Dazzling Gleam provide it with decent STABs on offensive sets. Fairy Memory can still be run with the buffed Multi-Attack and therefore, it can function as a bulky Knock Off absorber.

:ss/victreebel:
Sharp Leaves is buffed to 70 BP from 55 BP & 100% Acc from 95% Acc.
Gluttony gets replaced with Thick Fat

Victreebel got very few opportunities to get damage off and when it did, it was rather underwhelming. The Sharp Leaves buff makes it more reliable as a damage dealer and the coverage it gains from Knock Off and utility from Strength Sap and Sleep Powder give it a niche other Breloom and ways to deal with Mawile. Thick Fat gives its Special sets or its Utility sets more opportunities to do stuff by removing 2 crucial weaknesses.

:ss/stoutland:
Gains Shore Up and Earthquake
Stoutland was meant to be a jack of all trades Normal-types, however Clefable already fills that role and doesn't give Stoutland any chance to shine. Stoutland's niche over Clef is better physical bulk and Sand Rush and it struggles in both. Shore Up actually allows it to use its physical bulk and Earthquake makes it a lot more threatening under Sand. If you really want to, you can also utilise Shore Up under Sand since it gives you more overall longevity. Scrappy sets also get a buff with Earthquake as a superior coverage move.

:ss/jumpluff:
Gains Drain Punch and Heavy Flip is buffed to 60 BP from 55 BP
Jumpluff really struggled since Salamence was a better Flying-type attacker. With Salamence's nerf and the buff to Heavy Flip, in addition to Drain Punch, Jumpluff has a better chance at competing with Mence. A few advantages being its high speed and access to Sleep Powder which allows it to deal with the Rotoms and Eelektross more effectively. Drain Punch is more useful against Steel-types and keeps it healthy on sets where it can't fit Strength Sap.

:ss/greninja:
Smoke Bomb is a Z-Move for Greninja now
Smoke Bomb is pretty lackluster as an item since it basically did nothing to benefit Greninja. While it still doesn't provide much, it can atleast do something like getting a better hit at Mawile and making Greninja immune to Trick shenanigans.

:ss/regice: (lol forgot this one)
Gains Recover
TL;DR cause I need to do stuff
Regice struggled from day one due to its low speed and typing. With Recover it has a niche as a bulky Pokemon that has BoltBeam as STAB coverage. While that typing isn't amazing defensively, it can still do stuff and the sheer bulk of Regice should help in that regard.

Rework:
:ss/magby:
75/115/67/110/85/83 => 75/105/77/95/85/98
Magby was an all in or nothing Pokemon and it didn't do well in that role. With its new speed and lower attacking stats, it is more balanced and Belly Drum sets are way less risky while not being too threatening since its set-up opportunities are still really rare.

That's it for now. Hopefully, this makes the meta less centralizing and a bit more diverse.
Ciao Servus

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)