Pet Mod Multiverse [Done]

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:ss/rhyperior:
Pokémon: Rhyperior
Niche: [SS UU] Physical Wallbreaker
Stats: 125 HP / 140 Atk / 130 Def / 55 SpA / 75 SpD / 40 Spe [BST: 565] (+10 HP, +20 SpD)
Type:

Abilities: Lightning Rod / Solid Rock | Reckless
New Moves: N/A
Removed Moves: N/A
Descriptions: Rhyperior serves as a strong tanky Ground type, that seperates itself from its eternal competition Golem thanks to its Rock sub typing and much much higher raw bulk. Allowing it to check Fire types gives it its own niche from Golem. Rhyperior was always a few screws short of OU, so a bulk increase leaning to its SpD should help it out. Flying types are imo the dominant players in the tier right now, so a Pokemon that easily blanket checks all of them is very much appreciated.

:dp/arceus-bug:
Pokémon: Arceus-Bug
Niche: [DPP AG] Set Up Sweeper
Stats: 120 HP / 110 Atk / 80 Def / 110 SpA / 80 SpD / 100 Spe [BST: 600] (-10 Atk, -40 Def, -10 SpA, -40 SpD, -20 Spe)
Type:

Abilities: Multitype
Descriptions: Arceus-Bug is probably the worst Arceus form, so let's adapt it for OU! I set it as a kind of bulky user of Calm Mind or of Swords Dance, just like it's set in DPP AG.

:dp/rotom-mow:
Pokémon: Rotom-Mow
Niche: [DPP OU] Choice Scarf, Offensive Pivot, Defensive Pivot
Stats: 78 HP / 50 Atk / 107 Def / 109 SpA / 107 SpD / 90 Spe [BST: 541] (+28 HP, +4 SpA, +4 Spe)
Type:

Abilities: Levitate
New Moves: Aurora Beam
Removed Moves: Nasty Plot, Defog, Volt Switch
Descriptions: Rotom was the king of DPP OU in regard's to versatility, so I wanted to capture that in a way that is not too demanding on our current sets of Pokémon whioe still being great. So I bumped up it's HP stat, allowing it to tossle with OU attacks much easier. I specifically picked Mow because I saw it as the form with the least likely chance of stepping on the toes of others who mY want to submit future versions of Rotom, while still remaining faithful to the forms that were actually used in OU (Wash, Heat and Mow) at the time. Defog and Nasty Plot where simoly not a thing in DPP and Aurora Beam replicates HP Ice.

:bw/mamoswine:
Pokémon: Mamoswine
Niche: [BW OU] Wallbreaker, Offensive SR Setter
Stats: 110 HP / 130 Atk / 90 Def / 70 SpA / 80 SpD / 80 Spe [BST: 560] (+10 Def, +20 SpD)
Type:

Abilities: Oblivious / Snow Cloak | HA: Thick Fat
Descriptions: Mamoswine goes hard. Most people may buff that speed stat that everyone likes, but tbh I think fast Mamo makes no sense flavor wise is cracked. So I made Mamo much bulkier, so I can tank a n Overheat from Manectric, or adequately check the millions of flying types we got here. Seriously, damn. Either way keep Mamo in your back pocket and Salamence will never 6-0 you.

Last edited:

Pokémon: Toxicroak
Removed

Pokémon: Giratina-Origin (has to hold Griseous Orb)
Niche: XY Uber - Offensive Defog
Stats: 80 / 105 / 85 / 105 / 85 / 90 (-70 HP, -15 Def, Atk, SpDef & SpAtk)
Type:
Ghost
Dragon

New Moves:
Removed Moves: Poltergeist

Description: While few pokemon are weak to Ghost in the current meta, only 2 resist it; so i chose to add some ghost offensive pressure. This lack of switch-ins makes Giratina-O extra threatening, along with the fact that it can run both physical and special sets. It can Defog, Calm Mind, use status and Hex, or just play 4 attacks, all of which can be viable thanks to its stellar defensive typing. It checks Breloom, Magby, and Manectric from sweeping or cleaning your team, and can effectively revenge kill thanks to Shadow Sneak, but cannot recover HP, meaning it shouldn’t be too oppressive.

Pokémon: Cranidos
Niche: DPP LC - Revenge killer / Wallbreaker
Stats: 67 / 140 / 65 / 30 / 65 / 112 (+15 Atk, +25 Def, +35 SpDef, +54 Spe)
Type:

Abilities: Mold Breaker / Prehistoric Vision*
New Moves:
Removed Moves: Prehistoric Vision*: Compound Eyes clone (for flavour)

Description: I feel the meta lacks glass cannons right now: a large part of our offensive mons are also fairly bulky. Enter Cranidos, basically the most straightforward hit-and-run powerhouse that cannot take a hit to save its life. Its speed is high enough to justify using Choice Band, but it can also run Adamant Rock Polish to sweep. The reason its attack is high is that even in LC it hits way harder than every other mon (125 is crazy for a baby pokemon). It is meant as a threat to the numerous flying types in the meta rn, and is helped in its consistency thanks to the added accuracy of its ability; however, its Rock stab is walled hard by Golem, it gets ruined by any kind of priority including Breloom’s, and is generally hard to keep alive.

Pokémon: Azelf
Niche: XY OU - Suicide Lead
Stats: 75 / 120 / 70 / 120 / 70 / 115 (-5 Atk, -5 SpAtk)
Type:

New Moves:
Removed Moves: Calm Mind, Nasty Plot

Description: Our only rock setters are currently defensive, so I chose to add some tools to offense. Azelf is already great at its job and needs almost no alterations to perform just fine as a suicide lead and eventual screen setter. To not get completely screwed by Sableye, Azelf already has in its arsenal Dazzling Gleam and Play Rough that can 2HKO depending on your respective investments, just like it used to run Iron Tail or HP Steel to hit Mega Diancie.

Pokémon: Purugly
Niche: XY PU - Offensive Pivot / Hazard Control (Defiant)
Stats: 71 / 112 / 84 / 64 / 59 / 125 (+30 Atk, +20 Def, +13 Spe)
Type:

Abilities: Grumpy Cat*
New Moves: Return (dexited), Psychic Fangs, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang
Removed Moves:
Custom elements:
Grumpy Cat* : Defiant + Strong Jaw

Description: It’s everyone’s favourite Gen 4 cat! Who said Luxray? Purugly’s only vague niche in PU was using Defiant and its good speed to punish Defog, so I started building from there. I felt that emphasizing his speed to the point of outspeeding Crobat would be overkill, but it stays very fast for the meta. This means a badly-timed Defog can very easily turn into a sweep; Purugly can completely turn the momentum if you manage to switch it in when Murkrow is brought to Defog, as Prankster means defogging procs Defiant before Purugly attacks. The whole Strong Jaw theme wasn’t a part of its historical niche, but I wanted to add to its mediocre coverage and thought this was more fun and fitting then just throwing in random coverage moves. Purugly would be very good against offense, but struggle with bulkier teams and mons it can’t hit super effectively.

Purugly @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Ability: Grumpy Cat
- U-Turn
- Ice Fang / Thunder Fang
- Fire Fang / Play Rough / Fake Out
- Knock Off / Return

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
:dp/toxicroak:
Niche: DP UU - Swords Dance / Nasty Plot
Stats: 83 HP / 116 Atk (+10) / 65 Def / 116 SpA (+30) / 65 SpD / 95 Spe (+10)
Type:

Abilities: Anticipation / Dry Skin (HA)
New Moves (relative to SwSh): U-Turn, Seed Bomb, Leaf Burst, Snow Burst*, Crystal Burst*
(Snow Burst: 70 BP Special Ice, no additional effect)
(Crystal Burst: 70 BP Special Rock, no additional effect)
Removed Moves: None
Built as a Pokémon that can go either physical or special back in DP, Toxicroak’s Special Attack and Speed are raised to better reflect this role in this OU-level metagame. Other than that, it simply gets U-Turn for offensive pivoting and coverage to better handle Ground-type and Flying-type threats of both side; it already learns Dark Pulse and Sucker Punch, so tools to counter / baiting Psychic-type threats are already there.
Descriptions: Toxicroak can go either physical, special or even mixed to sweep or wallbreak after setting up. Having access to the ever-coveted Vacuum Wave, alongside better Special Attack and improved Special coverage, also gives it a niche over other Fighting-type, including this metagame’s Magby who even it doesn’t have access to it.

:xy/dusknoir:
Pokémon: Dusknoir
Niche: XY PU - Defensive Wall / Pivot
Stats: 70 HP (+25) / 100 Atk / 135 Def / 45 SpA (-20) / 135 SpD / 45 Spe
Type:

Abilities: Frisk / Pressure (HA)
New Moves (relative to SwSh): Slack Off, Teleport
Low HP and lack of reliable recovery crippled Dusknoir more than those should, so patching them will help it tanking hits better and able to heal them off in consistent ways. Teleport allows for slow pivoting.
Descriptions: With better HP, Dusknoir can tank hits a lot better than before, and thus can reliably tank hits and, with Teleport, pivot out to let its teammates to handle threats they might not be able to handle otherwise (i.e. multiple non-Fire physical attackers such as Crobat, Jumpluff, Technician Breloom, Flygon, Salamence), though don’t let it wall Guts Hariyama, as this one carries Knock Off no matter what set it’ll use.

Last edited:
Am I doing this right?

:bw/electivire:
Pokémon: Electivire
Niche: BW UU - Mixed Attacker (now Physical Attacker)
Stats: 85 HP (+10)/ 123 Atk / 90 Def (+23)/ 60 SpA (-35)/ 90 SpD (+5)/ 95 Spe
Types: Electric
Abilities: Motor Drive / Rock Head / Reckless (HA)
New Moves: Flare Blitz, Icicle Crash
Justification: Hey look, I essentially buffed most moves that BW Electivire used. With a more consistent or offensive Wild Charge from Rock Head or Reckless and higher damage replacements for Fire and Ice Punch, Electivire’s offensive capabilities are on par with actual viable mons. With a consistent special attack stat comes little need for special moves, but I could still see Volt Switch usage since it’s Volt Switch. I also put up some defensive stats so it may not die instantly to any moves it could be weak to, especially since it’ll be in a good position to counter them. Also, I’m aware that dropping the SpA means straying away from a fundamental part of BW Electivire, but the only reason it uses Flamethrower is because it doesn’t have a good physical Fire move.

I see you guys missed out on Snorlax. I can work with that.

:bw/munchlax:
Pokémon: Munchlax
Niche: XY LC - Physically Offensive Tank (Eviolite incompatible)
Stats: 135 HP / 100 Atk (+15)/ 80 Def (+40)/ 60 SpA (+20)/ 100 SpD (+15)/ 65 Spe (+60)
Types: Normal/Fairy
Abilities: Pickup / Thick Fat / Gluttony (HA)
New Moves: Play Rough, Body Press
Removed Moves: Recycle
Justification: With this submission, I challenged myself to figure out what an alternate evolution for Munchlax would be like, a la Branched Potential. So I removed eviolite compatibility and gave it Snorlax’s BST. More specifically, I wondered how I would make a Munchlax evolution, as I have consistently made mons across various pet mods with the purpose of being offensive. From there, I gave it Body Press, like Snorlax has. Then I looked to Munchax’s consistent shortcomings across LC generations. Consistent issues I found included low defense, fighting weakness, Knock Off susceptibility, and lack of resistances. I used an “evolutionary” stat boost to primarily cover defense and give this thing a goddamn speed stat. That said, a major reason I picked XY was for flavoring when adding the fairy typing, which covers the other 3 issues I had listed. I then added a new STAB move to actually utilize the Fairy types’s offensive capability.

Special Fighting mons are funny
:bw/lucario:
Pokémon: Lucario
Niche: XY UU - Special Wallbreaker/Sweeper
Stats: 70 HP / 90 Atk (-20)/ 80 Def (+10)/ 115 SpA / 80 SpD (+10)/ 95 Spe (+5)
Types: Fighting/Steel
Abilities: Inner Focus, Steadfast, Rattled (HA)
Justification: Not many changes must be made to resolve a UU Lucario’s issues. In fact, you don’t even need to touch its moveset. You need minor adjustments to raise defenses and slightly raise speed, while minimizing attack to solidify it as an exclusive special attacker. The defenses allow it to take a hit, and that minor speed buff allows it to counter a major threat within its original meta: Krookodile (it also outspeeds Lando-T this way too, just saying). It now has no use for justified this way, so I gave it Rattled in hopes for further speed boosts, allowing for an easier time setting up Nasty Plot to sweep with Focus Blast or Aura Sphere, Vacuum Wave or Dark Pulse, and Flash Cannon.

Special Turtwig (kinda) is funny too
:bw/turtwig:
Pokémon: Turtwig
Niche: DPP LC - Mixed Attacker (Eviolite Incompatible)
Stats: 75 HP (+20)/ 100 Atk (+32)/ 100 Def (+36)/ 90 SpA (+45)/ 90 SpD (+35)/ 70 Spe (+39)
Types: Grass/Ground
Abilities: Overgrow, Thick Fat (HA)
New Moves: Energy Ball, Earthquake, Heat Wave
Justification: Hey guys did you know that Turtwig used special moves in a DP LC set? Because I didn’t. Turtwig is only useful as a mixed attacker in DP LC due to Trick Room, so I tried raising the speed so as to lose that reliance. I also gave it a stronger Heat Wave to make up for the Hidden Power Fire that it would normally use. Ground STAB allows for the special Energy Ball to be about as viable as the physical Earthquake. Aside from stats, I also added Thick Fat to mitigate a fire weakness as well as reduce Ice back to 2x super effectiveness.

"Why are there so many songs about rainbows?"
:bw/toxicroak:
Pokemon: Toxicroak
Niche: SM RU - Physical Setup Sweeper, Choice Scarf
Stats: 90 HP (+7)/ 115 Atk (+9)/ 85 Def (+20)/ 75 SpA (-11)/ 85 SpD (+20)/ 90 Spe (+5)
Types: Poison/Dark
Abilities: Emergency Exit, Dry Skin, Vital Spirit (HA)
New Moves: U-Turn
Justification: Today I learned that Toxicroak shares a BST with Electabuzz, so in the spirit of gen 4, I challenged myself to make a Magmar/Electabuzz style of Toxicroak evolution, shown in the new BST of 540 and hidden ability of Vital Spirit. This stat boost allows for more consistent offense as well as the ability to take a fucking hit. I also picked a more defensive type of Dark to complement Poison so this doesn't worry as much about Flying or especially Psychic moves. Given Toxicroak's viability with Choice Scarf in SM RU, I gave this both Emergency Exit and U-turn as pivot options. That said, Dry Skin allows for Water immunity, which is always a fun time. Gaining the Dark type also allows for STAB on Knock Off and Sucker Punch, both of which were already useful for Toxicroak and making this even more threatening. It also gets Fighting, Ground, and Ice coverage for whatever needs to be countered at the time, so I can see a lot of use from Earthquake for Mawile and Ice Punch for Salamence.

Last edited:
:ss/floatzel:
Pokémon: Floatzel
Niche: SM PU (Cleaner, LO Attacker, Choiced Breaker, Bulk Up, Swift Swimmer Abuser?)
Stats: 90/120/60/120/60/115 (+15 Atk, +35 Spatk, +5 Def, +5 hp +10 Spdef)
Type:

Abilities: Swift Swim/Water Veil
This Pokemon cannot be burned and takes 1/2 damage from fire moves.
New Moves: Leaf Burst, Thunder Burst
Removed Moves: N/a

Description: We currently lack strong mixed attackers and floatzel is an amazing example of strong mixed attacker with good coverage. Water veil change emphasizes on its ability to not be burnt by notably enabling it to switch into Entei's sacred fire a lot more often, which has a 50% chance to burn that would cripple physical sets. Leaf and Thunder Burst are here because it ran those hidden powers, and it lets it hit mew decently hard.

252 SpA Life Orb Floatzel Hidden Power Electric (Thunder Burst) vs. 252 HP / 148 SpD Mew: 164-195 (40.5 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Floatzel Hidden Power Electric vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 190-224 (47 - 55.4%) -- 66.4% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Floatzel Hidden Power Electric vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew: 135-161 (33.4 - 39.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

:bw/Rhyperior:
Niche: BW UU (Tank, Physical Breaker)
Stats: 115/140/130/55/65/55 (+10 Spdef +15 Spe)
Type:

Abilities: Solid Rock/Steam Engne/Reckless

Descriptions: A well needed ground type tank that can actually check Manectric without getting obliterated by super effective coverage (overheat and ice fang). Steam engine amplifys its ability to check fire types and allows rhyperior to turn into a monster when predicting a houndoom or manectrics flamethrower. Added speed is very useful as it lets it outspeed a lot of lower speed mons like notably mawile and golem, while speed tying with omastar and regice, and also enabling rock polish sets to outspeed the fastest mon in the meta, crobat.

:sm/mismagius:
Pokémon: Mismagmius
Niche: (SM NU )Offensive Ghost
Stats: 75/60/70/105/105/105 (+10 def, +15 hp)
Type:

New Moves: N/a
Custom Item: Mismagmium Z (Has z move effects but can trigger a rock or ghost z move. Cannot be knocked off)
Descriptions: Mismagmius was a prominent nasty plot user in SM NU and what is really unique about it is how it ran power gem for rock coverage. So I added rock to give it that stab on that and it pairs well with levitate to give it a really nice immunity to what would be weakness. Mismagmium Z was given as it ran both of those z moves, and now it can choose which one to boost in battle. In our meta, a decent check to mence, and can take advantage of pokemon like articuno, venomoth, and regice.

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
:bw/rotom-heat:
Pokémon: Rotom-Heat
Niche: BW UU
Stats: 50/65/107/115/107/91 (535)
Type:

New Moves: Leaf Burst, Meteor Beam
Removed Moves: Defog

Descriptions: I sub Rotom-H for its ability to check Articuno, Jumpluff, Forretress, Entei, Golem and newcomers Flygon, Regice, Manectric and Salamence. However, it is also checked by Flygon and Salamence and the latter can even use it as set-up fodder. Thanks to its speed, it's also able to check the aforementioned Pokemon.

:dp/buizel:
Pokémon: Buizel
Niche: DPP LC
Stats: 75/105/75/60/70/125 (510)
Type:

Abilities: Swift Swim / Water Veil (HA)
New Moves: Velopass
Removed Moves: -
Velopass: Charges, then switches out and replacement gets +2 speed on turn 2.

Descriptions: The Water-types we have already are offensive, but their primary use is as defensive Pokemon. Buizel is purely offensive with its high speed and burn immunity with Water Veil. It speed ties with Manectric and with Velopass, it is able to support its offensive teammates. It requires Power Herb or Substitute to pull of effectively, but a +2 speed for Breloom, Mawile and Clefable can be devastating.

Niche: DPP UU
Stats: 83/106/80/86/80/95 (530)
Type:

Abilities: Dry Skin
New Moves: Close Combat

Descriptions: Toxicroak helps check Mew, Omastar, Breloom, Hariyama, Venusaur, Mawile and Clefable with its typing and Dry Skin, however its low bulk doesn't make it a hard counter to them. It is able to switch into one or two of their STABs and threaten them with its speed and its own STAB moves. It has SD and NP, both of them having Priority and powerful STAB moves.

:bw/gastrodon:
Pokémon: Gastrodon
Niche: BW OU
Stats: 111/93/68/102/82/39 (495)
Type:

Abilities: Storm Drain
New Moves: -

Descriptions: W.I.P.

:dp/tangrowth:
Pokémon: Tangrowth
Stats: 100/100/125/110/50/50 (535)
Type:

Abilities: Chlorophyll

:dp/heatran:
Pokémon: Heatran
Niche: DPP OU
Stats: 91/90/96/90/96/77 (540)
Type:

Abilities: Flash Fire
New Moves: Vulcan Eruption (500 BP Explosion), Leaf Burst
Removed Moves: Magma Storm

:sm/arceus-ground:
Pokémon: Arceus-Ground
Niche: SM Uber
Stats: 95/95/95/95/95/95 (570)
Type:

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
:ss/froslass:
Pokemon: Frosslass
Niche: SS PU (Choice Band Wallbreaker, Spikes setter)
Type: Ice / Ghost
Ability: Snow Cloak / Cursed Body / Regenerator
Stats: 70 / 100 / 80 / 85 / 80 / 120
Moves: -Thunderbolt, Thunder

Description: Weavile but cooler. Choice Band sets are more reliable thanks to Regenerator and can still set up spikes by forcing switches. Can also be run like a Spikes lead too. Special sets are also an option, although significantly weaker.

:ss/gliscor:
Pokemon: Gliscor
Niche: BW OU (and onwards)
Type: Ground / Flying
Ability: Hyper Cutter / Unburden / Poison Heal
Stats: 75 / 95 / 125 / 45 / 75 / 85
Moves: N/A

Description: It is slower Gliscor (95 seems too fast for this meta) (also I gave it Unburden cuz it has a set where it runs DualDance Flying Gem Acrobatics lol).

G-Luke

Gonna tip my opinions on some subs since I ave gained competitive hindsight.

:bw/torterra:
Pokémon: Torterra
Niche: ((BW RU)) Specially Defensive Wall, Set Up Sweeper (Rock Polish)
Stats: 105/129/105/75/125/56 (565 BST) (+10 HP, +20 Atk, +40 Spd)
Type:

Abilities: Overgrow / Rock Head (HA)
New Moves: Head Smash, Recover, Bulk Up.

Descriptions: Gen 5 torterra was heavily underwhelming, a niche type, well spread stats, and nice coverage never really paid off. This, is what it should've been, now with Rock Head and a newly boosted attack stat, Rock Polish sets are better than ever! and the other slight niche that it fulfilled, has now a chance to shine too, SD Synthesis, Specially Bulky, Torterra, with max investment, it should be able to take things like +2 Mew's Fire Blast, +1 Venomoth's Bug Buzz, and +2 Noctowl Hurricane and OHKO back with stabs or Head Smash. (specs Articuno blizzard may be kind of a longshot?)
I think this mon is way too all around good. One of the highest attacking stats, good defensive typing and most importantly massive bulk + recovery. I think cutting into that Special bulk by a good amount should help reign in Torterra, so it still acts like a great addition

Niche: BW OU - SubPuncher
Stats: 93 / 125 / 65 / 86 / 65 / 80 (+10 HP, +19 Atk, -5 Spe)
Type:
Poison
Fighting

Abilities: Molt Shield* / Dry Skin / Poison Touch
New Moves:
Removed Moves: Swords Dance
Custom Elements: Molt Shield: On switch-in, use Substitute.

Description: I know that we’ve gotten some new fighting-types recently, but I thought this gen was the one of the last opportunities of making a viable SubPunch pokemon. Thanks to its new ability, Toxicroak loses the cumbersome two turn set-up of Subsitute Focus Punch which made the strategy fall out of favor ; instead, at the cost of losing health when entering the field, it gets a sub, which also frees up a moveslot. I removed Swords Dance for obvious setup reasons. I lowered speed so Mew and Venusaur can tie it and break its sub if it uses Focus Punch instead of Sucker Punch. It can set itself apart from the other Fightings thanks to the raw damage it brings, while not being walled by the numerous birds we have thanks to Ice Punch / Stone Edge.
I might also remove Nasty Plot, not sure yet. Feel free to share your thoughts in the Discord

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge / Life Orb / Black Belt
Ability: Molt Shield
- Focus Punch
- Gunk Shot / Earthquake
- Ice Punch / Drain Punch / Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch / Knock Off

Pokémon: Giratina-Origin (has to hold Griseous Orb)
Niche: XY Uber - Offensive Defog
Stats: 80 / 105 / 85 / 105 / 85 / 90 (-70 HP, -15 Def, Atk, SpDef & SpAtk)
Type:
Ghost
Dragon

New Moves:
Removed Moves: Poltergeist

Description: While few pokemon are weak to Ghost in the current meta, only 2 resist it; so i chose to add some ghost offensive pressure. This lack of switch-ins makes Giratina-O extra threatening, along with the fact that it can run both physical and special sets. It can Defog, Calm Mind, use status and Hex, or just play 4 attacks, all of which can be viable thanks to its stellar defensive typing. It checks Breloom, Magby, and Manectric from sweeping or cleaning your team, and can effectively revenge kill thanks to Shadow Sneak, but cannot recover HP, meaning it shouldn’t be too oppressive.

Pokémon: Cranidos
Niche: DPP LC - Scarf revenge killer / Wallbreaker
Stats: 67 / 145 / 65 / 30 / 65 / 100 (+20 Atk, +25 Def, +35 SpDef, +42 Spe)
Type:

Abilities: Mold Breaker / Prehistoric Vision*
New Moves:
Removed Moves: Prehistoric Vision*: Compound Eyes clone (for flavour)

Description: I feel the meta lacks glass cannons right now: a large part of our offensive mons are also fairly bulky. Enter Cranidos, basically the most straightforward hit-and-run powerhouse that cannot take a hit to save its life. Its speed is high enough to justify using Choice Band, but it can also run Adamant Rock Polish to sweep. The reason its attack is high is that even in LC it hits way harder than every other mon (125 is crazy for a baby pokemon). It is meant as a threat to the numerous flying types in the meta rn, and is helped in its consistency thanks to the added accuracy of its ability; however, its Rock stab is walled hard by Golem, it gets ruined by any kind of priority including Breloom’s, and is generally hard to keep alive.

Pokémon: Azelf
Niche: XY OU - Suicide Lead
Stats: 75 / 120 / 70 / 120 / 70 / 115 (-5 Atk, -5 SpAtk)
Type:

New Moves:
Removed Moves: Calm Mind, Nasty Plot

Description: Our only rock setters are currently defensive, so I chose to add some tools to offense. Azelf is already great at its job and needs almost no alterations to perform just fine as a suicide lead and eventual screen setter. To not get completely screwed by Sableye, Azelf already has in its arsenal Dazzling Gleam and Play Rough that can 2HKO depending on your respective investments, just like it used to run Iron Tail or HP Steel to hit Mega Diancie.

Pokémon: Purugly
Niche: XY PU - Offensive Pivot / Hazard Control (Defiant)
Stats: 71 / 112 / 84 / 64 / 59 / 125 (+30 Atk, +20 Def, +13 Spe)
Type:

Abilities: Grumpy Cat*
New Moves: Return (dexited), Psychic Fangs, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Fire Fangs
Removed Moves:
Custom elements:
Grumpy Cat* : Defiant + Strong Jaw

Description: It’s everyone’s favourite Gen 4 cat! Who said Luxray? Purugly’s only vague niche in PU was using Defiant and its good speed to punish Defog, so I started building from there. I felt that emphasizing his speed to the point of outspeeding Crobat would be overkill, but it stays very fast for the meta. This means a badly-timed Defog can very easily turn into a sweep; Purugly can completely turn the momentum if you manage to switch it in when Murkrow is brought to Defog, as Prankster means defogging procs Defiant before Purugly attacks. The whole Strong Jaw theme wasn’t a part of its historical niche, but I wanted to add to its mediocre coverage and thought this was more fun and fitting then just throwing in random coverage moves. Purugly would be very good against offense, but struggle with bulkier teams and mons it can’t hit super effectively.

Purugly @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Ability: Grumpy Cat
- U-Turn
- Ice Fang / Thunder Fang
- Fire Fang / Play Rough / Fake Out
- Knock Off / Return
Auto Substitute just borderline broken. Basically mean s long as this Pokémon has 26% HP or higher it can revenge kill anything. Just seems way too unfun to play against. There are alot more nuanced ways to insentivize a Focus Punch abuser than "auto sub on switch in". Breloom atm for example is really good at utilizing the move.

I just dislike Rampardos since it is a Scarf user that can't reliably revenge kill the metagame's two main set up sweepers. I'd reccommend hitting a speed stat of 111-115 if you choose to go that route. If not, I think at least SOME form of bulk is warranted, 67-65-65 is just hilariously bad.

Rest of your stuff seems pretty cool

:bw/vespiquen:
Pokémon: Vespiquen
Niche: BW NU / PU - Wall
Stats: 80 HP (+10) / 90 Atk (+10) / 122 Def (+20) / 60 SpA (-20) / 122 SpD (+20) / 40 Spe
Type:

Abilities: Pressure / Levitate (HA)
New Moves (relative to SwSh): Heal Order, Body Press, Whirlwind
Increased bulk allows to perform better on walling, particularly if using Defend Order. Increased Attack is due to running Attack Order in BW, and with access to Body Press, it becomes much less passive. Whirlwind is to screw over set-up sweepers and unfavorable match-ups, as well as exploiting Toxic Spikes. Finally, Flying type is removed as it proved more harm than good when combined with Bug-type, though Levitate can be used to be still immune to non-Rock hazards and Ground-type moves.
Descriptions: Vespiquen serves as a mixed wall that can bolster it’s bulk further with Defend Order, and even fire off Body Press to get around it’s passivity. It can also use Whirlwind to push away set-up sweepers or exploit Toxic Spikes it set up, or to screw over potential unfavorable match-ups at cost of momentum. With diverse tools such as Aromatherapy, Pursuit, Defog, Toxic and U-Turn, Vespiquen is a wall true of a queen bee.

:xy/dusknoir:
Pokémon: Dusknoir
Niche: XY PU - Life Orb Attacker / Wall
Stats: 70 HP (+25) / 100 Atk / 135 Def / 45 SpA (-20) / 135 SpD / 45 Spe
Type:

Abilities: Sheer Force / Pressure (HA)
New Moves (relative to SwSh): Slack Off, Teleport, Drain Punch
Low HP and lack of reliable recovery crippled Dusknoir more than those should, so patching them will help it tanking hits better and able to heal them off in consistent ways. Sheer Force helps boosting the power of coverage moves such as Fire Punch and Thunder Punch, making it stronger especially with Life Orb. Teleport allows for slow pivoting. Drain Punch is for self-substention if running Recovery is out of question, and also to threaten Dark-type foes.
Descriptions: With better HP, Dusknoir can tank hits a lot better than before, and thus able to be a viable Life Orb user it dreamed to be. Even Brick Break or Drain Punch become somewhat more threatening since oSheer Force negates the Life Orb recoil. Teleport is helpful to maintain momentums.
I think both subs are poor here. Vespiquen seems bad overall - it doesn't wall much of anything good in the metagame and the popularity of Flying types leads me to doubt this will be doing anything much. Even things it suould be checking in theory (Breloom, Hariyama, Golem, Flygon) falter in practice. Breloom can set up on it or set Leech Seed then swap out, Hariyama would Knock it's Leffies, and if It's Guts it can't be Toxic'd, Golem can Toxic it with little reprecussions, Flygon carries Fire coverage on almost every set.

Dusknoir is better, but I just wnt to point out a misinterpretation of a set. Sheer Force sets have no power since your only SF boosted moves are non STAB Elemental punches, coming off 100 Attack that can be neutered, its not a good look. LO recoil is also only negated when the moves used trigger SF, so Brick Break and Drain Punch would not stop LO recoil. Mon seems pretty good as a efensive pivot thanks to massive bulk + Reocvery and Wisp but I wanted to let you know that this is a bad offensive mon if that was ur intent.

Am I doing this right?

:bw/electivire:
Pokémon: Electivire
Niche: BW UU - Mixed Attacker (now Physical Attacker)
Stats: 85 HP (+10)/ 123 Atk / 90 Def (+23)/ 60 SpA (-35)/ 90 SpD (+5)/ 95 Spe
Types: Electric
Abilities: Motor Drive / Rock Head / Reckless (HA)
New Moves: Flare Blitz, Icicle Crash
Justification: Hey look, I essentially buffed most moves that BW Electivire used. With a more consistent or offensive Wild Charge from Rock Head or Reckless and higher damage replacements for Fire and Ice Punch, Electivire’s offensive capabilities are on par with actual viable mons. With a consistent special attack stat comes little need for special moves, but I could still see Volt Switch usage since it’s Volt Switch. I also put up some defensive stats so it may not die instantly to any moves it could be weak to, especially since it’ll be in a good position to counter them. Also, I’m aware that dropping the SpA means straying away from a fundamental part of BW Electivire, but the only reason it uses Flamethrower is because it doesn’t have a good physical Fire move.

I see you guys missed out on Snorlax. I can work with that.

:bw/munchlax:
Pokémon: Munchlax
Niche: XY LC - Physically Offensive Tank (Eviolite incompatible)
Stats: 135 HP / 100 Atk (+15)/ 80 Def (+40)/ 60 SpA (+20)/ 100 SpD (+15)/ 65 Spe (+60)
Types: Normal/Fairy
Abilities: Pickup / Thick Fat / Gluttony (HA)
New Moves: Play Rough, Body Press
Removed Moves: Recycle
Justification: With this submission, I challenged myself to figure out what an alternate evolution for Munchlax would be like, a la Branched Potential. So I removed eviolite compatibility and gave it Snorlax’s BST. More specifically, I wondered how I would make a Munchlax evolution, as I have consistently made mons across various pet mods with the purpose of being offensive. From there, I gave it Body Press, like Snorlax has. Then I looked to Munchax’s consistent shortcomings across LC generations. Consistent issues I found included low defense, fighting weakness, Knock Off susceptibility, and lack of resistances. I used an “evolutionary” stat boost to primarily cover defense and give this thing a goddamn speed stat. That said, a major reason I picked XY was for flavoring when adding the fairy typing, which covers the other 3 issues I had listed. I then added a new STAB move to actually utilize the Fairy types’s offensive capability.

Special Fighting mons are funny
:bw/lucario:
Pokémon: Lucario
Niche: XY UU - Special Wallbreaker/Sweeper
Stats: 70 HP / 90 Atk (-20)/ 80 Def (+10)/ 115 SpA / 80 SpD (+10)/ 95 Spe (+5)
Types: Fighting/Steel
Abilities: Inner Focus, Steadfast, Rattled (HA)
Justification: Not many changes must be made to resolve a UU Lucario’s issues. In fact, you don’t even need to touch its moveset. You need minor adjustments to raise defenses and slightly raise speed, while minimizing attack to solidify it as an exclusive special attacker. The defenses allow it to take a hit, and that minor speed buff allows it to counter a major threat within its original meta: Krookodile (it also outspeeds Lando-T this way too, just saying). It now has no use for justified this way, so I gave it Rattled in hopes for further speed boosts, allowing for an easier time setting up Nasty Plot to sweep with Focus Blast or Aura Sphere, Vacuum Wave or Dark Pulse, and Flash Cannon.

Special Turtwig (kinda) is funny too
:bw/turtwig:
Pokémon: Turtwig
Niche: DP LC - Mixed Attacker (Eviolite Incompatible)
Stats: 75 HP (+20)/ 100 Atk (+32)/ 100 Def (+36)/ 90 SpA (+45)/ 90 SpD (+35)/ 70 Spe (+39)
Types: Grass/Ground
Abilities: Overgrow, Thick Fat (HA)
New Moves: Incinerate
Justification: Hey guys did you know that Turtwig used special moves in a DP LC set? Because I didn’t. Turtwig is only useful as a mixed attacker in DP LC due to Trick Room, so I tried raising the speed so as to lose that reliance. I also gave it Incinerate to make up for the Hidden Power Fire that it would normally use. Ground STAB allows for the special Earth Power to be about as viable as the physical Seed Bomb. Aside from stats, I also added Thick Fat to mitigate a fire weakness as well as reduce Ice back to 2x super effectiveness.
Electivire is cool. 95 is a good speed tier for a wallbreaker to have right now, and Rock Head making Wild Charge a viable means of wallbreaking is a clever means of buffing Elec instead of the usual + Plasma Fists, Volt Tackle or Iron Fist trends that usually happen.

Glad you nerfed Munchlax because prior it was looking crazy, but now its looking like a really good clutch defensive pivot. Hates Mawile's Guts but that is a broken Pokémon who cares.

Lucario migty strong. It is perhaps really good atm, but I am not sure if arguing for a nerf is all that because as we know after Gen 4 Power Creep explodes. Seems like an instant top tier all I'm saying.

Turtwing is nice, but underpowered imo.

:ss/floatzel:
Pokémon: Floatzel
Niche: SM PU (Cleaner, LO Attacker, Choiced Breaker, Bulk Up, Swift Swimmer Abuser?)
Stats: 85/120/60/120/60/115 (+15 Atk, +35 Spatk, +5 Def, +10 Spdef)
Type:

Abilities: Swift Swim/Water Veil
This Pokemon cannot be burned and takes 1/2 damage from fire moves.
New Moves: Leaf Burst, Thunder Burst

Description: We currently lack strong mixed attackers and floatzel is an amazing example of strong mixed attacker with good coverage. Water veil change emphasizes on its ability to not be burnt by notably enabling it to switch into Entei's sacred fire a lot more often, which has a 50% chance to burn that would cripple physical sets. Leaf and Thunder Burst are here because it ran those hidden powers, and it lets it hit mew decently hard.

252 SpA Life Orb Floatzel Hidden Power Electric (Thunder Burst) vs. 252 HP / 148 SpD Mew: 164-195 (40.5 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Floatzel Hidden Power Electric vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 190-224 (47 - 55.4%) -- 66.4% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Floatzel Hidden Power Electric vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew: 135-161 (33.4 - 39.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

:bw/Rhyperior:
Niche: BW UU (Tank, Physical Breaker)
Stats: 115/140/130/55/65/55 (+10 Spdef +15 Spe)
Type:

Abilities: Solid Rock/Steam Engne/Reckless

Descriptions: A well needed ground type tank that can actually check Manectric without getting obliterated by super effective coverage (overheat and ice fang). Steam engine amplifys its ability to check fire types and allows rhyperior to turn into a monster when predicting a houndoom or manectrics flamethrower. Added speed is very useful as it lets it outspeed a lot of lower speed mons like notably mawile and golem, while speed tying with omastar and regice, and also enabling rock polish sets to outspeed the fastest mon in the meta, crobat.
Floatzel goes crazyy. 95 HP if real.

Your take on Rhyperior is hilarious, Steam Engine makes Houndooms everywhere a liability (until they all start running Solar Beam).

:bw/rotom-heat:
Pokémon: Rotom-Heat
Niche: BW UU
Stats: 50/65/107/115/107/91 (535)
Type:

New Moves: Leaf Burst
Removed Moves: Defog

Descriptions: I sub Rotom-H for its ability to check Articuno, Jumpluff, Forretress, Entei, Golem and newcomers Flygon, Regice, Manectric and Salamence. However, it is also checked by Flygon and Salamence and the latter can even use it as set-up fodder. Thanks to its speed, it's also able to check the aforementioned Pokemon.

:dp/buizel:
Pokémon: Buizel
Niche: DPP LC
Stats: 75/105/75/60/70/125 (510)
Type:

Abilities: Swift Swim / Water Veil (HA)
New Moves: Velopass
Velopass: Charges, then switches out and replacement gets +2 speed on turn 2.

Descriptions: The Water-types we have already are offensive, but their primary use is as defensive Pokemon. Buizel is purely offensive with its high speed and burn immunity with Water Veil. It speed ties with Manectric and with Velopass, it is able to support its offensive teammates. It requires Power Herb or Substitute to pull of effectively, but a +2 speed for Breloom, Mawile and Clefable can be devastating.

Stats: 83/106/65/86/65/95 (500)
Type:

Abilities: Dry Skin
New Moves: Close Combat

Descriptions: Toxicroak helps check Mew, Omastar, Breloom, Hariyama, Venusaur, Mawile and Clefable with its typing and Dry Skin, however its low bulk doesn't make it a hard counter to them. It is able to switch into one or two of their STABs and threaten them with its speed and its own STAB moves. It has SD and NP, both of them having Priority and powerful STAB moves.

:bw/gastrodon:
Pokémon: Gastrodon
Niche: BW OU
Stats: 111/93/68/102/82/39 (495)
Type:

Abilities: Storm Drain

:dp/tangrowth:
Pokémon: Tangrowth
Stats: 100/100/125/110/50/50 (535)
Type:

:dp/heatran:
Pokémon: Heatran
Niche: DPP OU
Stats: 91/90/96/90/96/77 (540)
Type:

Abilities: Flash Fire
New Moves: Vulcan Eruption (500 BP Explosion), Leaf Burst
Removed Moves: Magma Storm

:sm/arceus-ground:
Pokémon: Arceus-Ground
Niche: SM Uber
Stats: 95/95/95/95/95/95 (570)
Type:

Rotom-H is just plain good rn, it's typing is extremely clutch against many top tiers. Not much else to say on it (give it Meteor Beam thank me later)

I'd bump up Toxicroack's defenses. Mon has defensive utility with Dry Skin, but only Dry Skin, and it's paper thin bulk can be easily taken advantage of by almost everything running around rn. Even the few mon's it's supposed to check can put it out of commision given proper prediction
252+ Atk Breloom Focus Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Toxicroak: 191-225 (62 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Breloom Facade (140 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Toxicroak: 179-211 (58.1 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mew OHKOes with Psychic STAB and a Omastar carrying Flame Burst whi le not 1v1ing it, can wear it down and outlast it pretty easily over the match.

rest of the subs are all great

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
I think both subs are poor here. Vespiquen seems bad overall - it doesn't wall much of anything good in the metagame and the popularity of Flying types leads me to doubt this will be doing anything much. Even things it suould be checking in theory (Breloom, Hariyama, Golem, Flygon) falter in practice. Breloom can set up on it or set Leech Seed then swap out, Hariyama would Knock it's Leffies, and if It's Guts it can't be Toxic'd, Golem can Toxic it with little reprecussions, Flygon carries Fire coverage on almost every set.

Dusknoir is better, but I just wnt to point out a misinterpretation of a set. Sheer Force sets have no power since your only SF boosted moves are non STAB Elemental punches, coming off 100 Attack that can be neutered, its not a good look. LO recoil is also only negated when the moves used trigger SF, so Brick Break and Drain Punch would not stop LO recoil. Mon seems pretty good as a efensive pivot thanks to massive bulk + Reocvery and Wisp but I wanted to let you know that this is a bad offensive mon if that was ur intent.
I replaced Vespiquen with Toxicroak, who I did give Snow Burst and Crystal Burst (based of pre-Gen 6 Ice-type Hidden Power and Rock-type Hidden Power respectively) and increased Special Attack and Speed so it isn’t completely deadweight against Flying-types and Flygon.

I quickly figured out what you meant with Dusknoir, so I simply do it in a way it should have been; a proper improvement over Dusklops, with recovery, better HP and defensive pivoting.

:dp/mesprit:
Pokémon: Mesprit
Niche: DP UU (Choice Scarf)
Stats: 80 / 80 / 115 / 120 / 105 / 90
Type:

Removed Moves: Calm Mind
Descriptions: Mesprit in DP could fill a large number of roles, however the one I wanted to focus in on here was its Choice Scarf set. So, a small shift to Mesprit’s stats and moves were in order. Removed Calm Mind to disable that niche, and boosted Mesprit’s Special Attack to compensate. Slight adjustments to the stats have been made elsewhere, slightly boosting Physical Bulk and Speed (time for Mesprit to not get OHKO’d by Salamence). Under Scarf, it can utilize trick to punish both set-up and stall, adopt a pivoting role via U-Turn and Levitate, or boast its rather strong coverage to try and break specific opponents.

:xy/chatot:
Pokémon: Chatot
Niche: XY PU
Stats: 76 / 65 / 55 / 92 / 52 / 101
Type:

Abilities:
Descriptions: Whoops, subbed another Scarf Abuser. I swear though, Chatot's role in all of this is far different. In XY PU, Chatot is one of the best anti-offense mons in the tier. This was due to being an incredibly speedy mon with access to Boomburst, which with it's mid special attack can break a lot of the meta's offensive threats. My sub still retains these qualities, with boosted speed to better fit the meta. If I wanted to mirror this better, the changes that would've occured would've been boosting both stats by some incredible amount, but that doesn't sound too fun to play against or all that interesting. Instead, part of Chatot's ability to cripple offensive threats can be found with it's newfound move in bdsp: Parting Shot. So Chatot adopts this niche where it pops in out of the battle (alongside the help of a slow defensive pivot usually), snagging KOs with Boomburst, or poking holes in the opponent's offensive abilities with Parting Shot. Mons still incredibly frail tho, and can't take a hit to save its life.

Last edited:
:dp/torterra:
Pokémon: Torterra
Niche: DPP UU (Choice Band, Tank, Rock Polish Sweeper)
Stats: 95 / 109 / 109 / 75 / 85 / 68
Type: Grass / Ground
Abilities: Reckless / Solid Rock
New Moves: none!
Removed Moves: nothing!
Descriptions: Reckless is there to make its Wood Hammers stronger for offensive sets, while Solid Rock is there for defensive sets.

:bw/dialga:
Pokémon: Dialga
Niche: BW Ubers (Special Attacker, Tank, Mixed Attacker)
Stats: 80 / 100 / 115 / 120 / 70 / 80
Type: Dragon / Steel
Abilities: Pressure
New Moves: none!
Removed Moves: nothing!
Descriptions: wip

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
I have like 5 minutes, time to speedrun descriptions.

:bw/dialga:
Pokémon: Dialga
Niche: BW Ubers (Defensive Support, Choiced Attacker)
Stats: 90/90/100/110/80/80 (-20 Def, Spdef, -30 Atk, -40 Spatk, -10 HP, Speed)
Type:

Abilities: Pressure
New Moves: Nah
Removed Moves: Earth Power, Fire Blast, Flamethrower

Descriptions: Drop choiced Dracos and click rocks.

:ss/cherubi:
Pokémon: Cherubi (Not eviolite compatible)
Niche: XY LC (Chlorophyll Sweeper, Healing Wish)
Stats: 80/50/80/112/88/70
Type:

New Moves: Earth Burst (Ground type Flame Burst clone), Ice Burst
Removed Moves: Nah

Descriptions: Chlorophyll sweeper since we have sun.

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright, let's get votes started with a copypaste

It's time to vote now! There is an extended explanation for the Voting rules below, but I'll provide you a TL;DR version.
  • Vote for a maximum of 8 submission (you can vote for less, but 8 is recommended)​
  • 2 Self Votes are allowed but they can't be 1st place​
  • Specify which sub you are voting for! Either by mentioning its niche or submitter​

Voting is pretty easy to understand. You have to vote for 8 Pokemon (more or less votes will not count) and they have to be ordered (meaning the 1st place has more points than the 8th place) and Self Votes are allowed, but they can't be 1st place and you can only vote for yourself 2 times. When voting for a Pokemon, you should also mention its niche, cause this makes it clearer when a Pokemon has been subbed more than once. If there are two subs which cover the same Pokemon and the same Niche, then mention the name of the submitter as well.
Person A submitted: :venusaur::kangaskhan::chansey::zapdos::exeggutor::alakazam::moltres:(bw ru):starmie:(ss nu)
Person B submitted: :snorlax::charizard::starmie:(adv ou):articuno::arcanine: (This person only submitted 5 mons, which is okay)
Person C submitted: :blastoise::persian::beedrill::marowak::dragonite::slowbro::tentacruel::moltres:(bw ru)
  1. :beedrill: (ORAS UU)​
  2. :Venusaur:(DPP UU) (SV)​
  3. :Zapdos: (RBY OU) (SV)​
  4. :moltres: (BW RU from Person C)​
  5. :starmie: (ADV OU)​
  6. :charizard: (SM OU)​
  7. :slowbro: (RBY OU)​
  8. :dragonite: (DPP OU)​

You can vote for every submission. Voting will last for 3 days. Good Luck!

G-Luke

:rotom-heat: [BW UU]
:rotom-mow: [DPP OU] (SV)
:mamoswine: [BW OU] (SV)
:Dialga: [BW Ubers] (Mossy Sandwich)
:Rhyperior: [BW UU] (Voolpool)
:Mesprit: [DPP UU]
:munchlax: [XY LC]
:Arceus: [SM Ubers] (ViZar)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)