Resource Multigen LC Sample Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
Just to post it here and so anyone who cares will know: I'm slowly working on updating samples; ORAS will be first but since i don't have that many teams that I'd love to give new players I'll work on the others if they have adequate things avatable. slurmz , i swear I'll get to you soon

FEELING BLUE

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 5
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 76 HP / 76 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD
Sassy Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- U-turn

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 160 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 Atk / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flame Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tri Attack
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

This is a pretty simple team I built a little while ago. It's based around a Regenerator core of Mienfoo + Foongus + Slowpoke and a Fire-Water-Grass core of Foongus + Slowpoke + Ponyta.

What I wanted to do with this team was make something that was very simple and easy to use but also very solid and something that would hold up against most threats. I'd like to think I accomplished that.

Here's a quick threatlist I threw together (courtesy of Vubon's LC Roles Compendium Thread):

DARK-TYPE CHECKS:
* Mienfoo
* Ponyta
ELECTRIC-TYPE CHECKS:

* The only Electric-type you need to worry about is Chinchou, and Porygon checks that easily.
FIGHTING-TYPE CHECKS:

* Foongus
* Slowpoke
* Ponyta
FLYING-TYPE CHECKS:

* Porygon
* Pawniard
GHOST-TYPE CHECKS:

* Porygon
* Pawniard
WATER-TYPE CHECKS:

* Foongus
* Slowpoke is also a water resist if Foongus is KOed.
ABRA CHECKS:

* Porygon
* Pawniard
GASTLY CHECKS:

* Pawniard
* Porygon
ZIGZAGOON CHECKS:

* Pawniard
FOONGUS CHECKS:

* Foongus
SNIVY CHECKS:

* Foongus
* Ponyta
* Pawniard
PAWNIARD CHECKS:

* Mienfoo
* Ponyta
* Pawniard
FLETCHLING CHECKS:

* Porygon
* Pawniard
* Ponyta
* Slowpoke
DRIFLOON CHECKS:

* Porygon
* Pawniard
* Ponyta
MIENFOO CHECKS:

* Foongus
* Ponyta
* Slowpoke
TIMBURR CHECKS:

* Foongus
TIRTOUGA CHECKS:

* Foongus
* Mienfoo
* Porygon
* Slowpoke
SHELLDER CHECKS:

* Pawniard
* Porygon
* Slowpoke
OMANYTE CHECKS:

* Slowpoke
* Porygon
CLAMPERL CHECKS:

* Pawniard
DWEBBLE CHECKS:

* Mienfoo
* Foongus
* Porygon
* Slowpoke
I don't feel like there's a lot to say about this team; it's fairly self-explanatory. Basically, play safe, pivot a lot, and wear the opponent down. A couple notes about the team:

* Ponyta has Flame Charge in the fourth moveslot. This is so it can beat Diglett if it uses Flame Charge on the switch-in. If you feel like you're too weak to opposing Ponyta, I'd suggest changing it to Toxic.

* Ponyta is 19 Speed. This is so that it can outspeed Gastly, which was a little problematic for the team. If you want Ponyta to be more physically bulky, you can run a spread of 236 Defense / 76 Special Defense / 196 Speed with a Bold nature.

* Slowpoke has Fire Blast instead of Psychic. This is because I felt like the team was too vulnerable to Steel-types and I didn't think Psychic was doing a lot for the team. You still beat Fighting-types with Scald and Thunder Wave.

* Pawniard has Swords Dance in the fourth moveslot because I felt like the team needed a defined win condition. You can also use Brick Break or Stealth Rock if you want to beat opposing Pawniard or have increased utility, respectively.

* Mienfoo is 13 Speed. This almost always lets it U-turn out after an opposing Mienfoo. One drawback to this is that they will always win if you both Knock Off the first turn and Acrobatics the second. I feel like the drop in speed is worth it considering how many other options the team has for Fighting-types.

* Foongus has Hidden Power Fighting in the fourth moveslot. This is for Pawniard in particular but it also hits Magnemite. If you feel like the team matches up well enough against Pawniard without Hidden Power Fighting, you can use Hidden Power Fire, Clear Smog, or Stun Spore instead to help with other matchups or to give Foongus more overall utility.

* Porygon is running an HP-invested spread. If you want it to hit harder, try a spread of 196 Defense / 156 Special Attack / 156 Special Defense with a Modest nature. This spread also takes less residual damage since the HP number is below 24.

* Please keep the Pokemon shiny if you use the team. Otherwise the team is not mono-blue and that makes me feel blue.

Fiend said he wouldn't approve my squad if I reposted the Infamy Volt-Turn from 2014 (sometimes stylized as InfTurn™ or Inf-Turn). This made me sad. If you want the team, you can find it here.

Last edited:

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

(You know the team is good when Bummer made it a banner)

This is the team that was the result of the recent Community Create-a-Team, which actually managed to produce a solid a fun team! You can find descriptions of what each Pokemon is supposed to do, and what the threats to the team are in the CCAT thread, so all I'll really put here is that the team is built around the Fighting-spam core of Scarf Scraggy, which can sweep late-game once its checks are eliminated, and Timburr, which wears down teams and knocks off the Fairy-types that like to switch into it, softening the team for a Scraggy sweep. Honedge provides a Fairy- and Psychic- check, Chinchou checks Fletchling among other things. Foongus checks Fighting-types and lessens the overall Ground weakness, and itemless Archen checks Vullaby and Drifloon.
Here's the team:

Scraggy @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch

Honedge @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 116 Atk / 116 Def / 140 SpD / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Clear Smog

Archen
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 20 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Roost
- Stealth Rock

Sorry for my bad english :/

[ORAS LC] Bulky Classic :

This is a classic bulky offense / balanced. I reached the rank 37 with it.
The goal is to prepare the ground for scarf Chinchou. He often finish the game but he can lead or break sash etc...during the game with Volt Switch.

During the game, i use VolTurn to put pressure, and use Gastly too because he is just amazing to damage. But i don't use that strategy only because my opponent can anticipate me easily. Vulbaby and Spritzee can destroy Fighting types, with a little help by Gastly. Ferroseed must use SR and it's not too difficult with the VolTurn.

At the end, i usually have Chinchou and Mienfoo. With their speeds, finish the game is easy, and Chinchou is "build" to beat the others Late Game Sweepers.

Of course, this strategy request mindgame, or you lost pokemon very quickly.
Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 Def / 232 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden PowerGround

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Gastly @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 200 SpA / 80 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden PowerFighting
- Substitute

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 236 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- Defog

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
And this is the RMT : http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/bulky-classic.3571504/#post-6803979

DIRTY HAIL(PD's Hazard Stacking Balance) えめり

Overview: This team was actually made during the Diglett-less Meta during suspect testing and I thought I oughta try out Trubbish as well as a signature favorite of lead utility Amaura(Aurorus in NU). This turned out being one of my most consistent teams even outside of the Digless meta. It was my go-to in various tournaments such as LC player ranking, BLT, and this past "Extremely Good LC forum LC tour". This balance is able to abuse switchins to all of the major pokemon in the ORAS metagame and even has an answer to Sun/Sand...etc weather based teams(in Amaura). It's main goal is to utilize the unprecedented support from Amaura early on by either t-waving a common switchin such as mienfoo or getting early rocks in and then potentially getting in a plethora of spikes from Trubbish to just gradually whittle down opposing teams enough for a potential sweep by fletch or even Mienfoo.

SignatureMon√ (Amaura) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 24 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Blizzard
- Earth Power

Primal-Groudon (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
EVs: 200 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Feint

Smogon Bird (Fletchling) (F)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 56 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- U-turn

Miley whats good? (Pumpkaboo-Super) @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis

Twinkle (Staryu) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Scald

Hefty (Trubbish) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 116 HP / 36 Atk / 100 Def / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Recycle
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

I chose to try out Amaura as a lead setter for personal reasons such as Nostalgia, but in-turn it ended up being a very valuable asset to the team. Applying snow warning meant I was able to break potential sturdy leads followed by a powerful blizzard or Thunder Wave. Every move on Amaura is vital enough to support the team depending on what you deem necessary turn 1. Its ev spread allows it to outspeed Chinchou and kill it with an earth power at 60-70%. I wouldn't necessarily sac Amaura right away if the opposing team brings Sun-Sprout or if there is bird spam(most notably fletch..which is mostly dealth with by Staryu anyways). I chose to go with Mienfoo next as it acted as not only a pivot, but a knock off'er, u-turn momentum starter and a powerful fighting type to take on troublesome porygons. After many trials with the team I found that abra and or fletchlings always ended up surviving until the end/late-game which is why I decided to go with feint as a last resort which has come in handy in an uncountable amount of situations. This fletchling set is very interesting as it is able to get both its jobs done in sweeping late game as well as preventing potential revenge set up mons from stealing the match(Honedge, Omanyte...etc.)with taunt at 15 speed. I then needed a spin blocker as well as a pokemon to take spatk's fairly well which pumpkaboo in my opinion is able to do both the former and the latter.(Pumpkaboo is my #1 abra check). Pumpkaboo completely walls opposing drilburs as well as the generic staryu sets unless pumpkaboo gets burned by scald. I then decided that I needed a spinner of my own as well as a fairly physically bulky pokemon. Staryu was one of my favorite go-to physical walls back then with access to hazard control and scald utility(not to mention a very useful means of recovery). Thunderbolt staryu is most notably for SD fletchlings which seem to get the upperhand in most battles, opposing Frillish, skrelp, and other staryus. I then decided to finish off the "Digless Metagame team" with Trubbish which not only acted as a huge spike distributor, but also as a primary switchin for fighting, fairy, and knock off users. What separates trubbish from other spike setters is its longevity in life and game-time during a battle as opposed to spike setters such as dwebble whom usually die after getting stealth rocks and about 1 spike up. This is an overall pretty balanced team in which I would recommend playing a more safe play-style as opposed to the more common "Hyper offensive fast-paced LC style".

Replays:
This team has not lost.

Team Use Difficulty: Medium-Hard

Threats: This is a pretty balanced team and there shouldn't be too much to worry about, but in the small abnormality that your foe will bring the taboo, here is a useful threatlist to be cautious for.

• Swords-Dance or Nasty Plot users can really be problematic for the team, as well as shell-smashing pokemon, but not as much. (Omanyte, SD mienfoo-pass to Carvanha, SD fletchling, nasty plot web users?..etc)
  • A well-played volt-turn team can be hindering to the team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)