Mudbray, Mudsdale Discussion

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Mudbray
Ground
Abilities: Own Tempo / Stamina / Inner Focus
HP: 70
Atk: 100
Def: 70
SpAtk: 45
SpDef: 55
Spe: 45

Level Up

L1 - Mud-Slap
L3 - Mud Sport
L8 - Rototiller
L10 - Bulldoze
L15 - Double Kick
L17 - Stomp
L22 - Bide
L24 - High Horsepower
L29 - Iron Defense
L31 - Heavy Slam
L36 - Counter
L38 - Earthquake
L43 - Mega Kick
L45 - Superpower
TMs

TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM17 - Protect
TM21 - Frustration
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM32 - Double Team
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM42 - Facade
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM47 - Low Sweep
TM48 - Round
TM66 - Payback
TM78 - Bulldoze
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM90 - Substitute
TM100 - Confide

Egg moves

Egg - Body Slam
Egg - Double-Edge
Egg - Magnitude
Egg - Close Combat
Egg - Mud Bomb

Mudsdale
Ground
HP: 100
Atk: 125
Def: 100
SpAtk: 55
SpDef: 85
Spe: 35

Level Up

L1 - Mud-Slap
L1 - Mud Sport
L1 - Rototiller
L1 - Bulldoze
L3 - Mud Sport
L8 - Rototiller
L10 - Bulldoze
L15 - Double Kick
L17 - Stomp
L22 - Bide
L24 - High Horsepower
L29 - Iron Defense
L34 - Heavy Slam
L42 - Counter
L47 - Earthquake
L55 - Mega Kick
L60 - Superpower

TMs

TM05 - Roar
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM17 - Protect
TM21 - Frustration
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM32 - Double Team
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM42 - Facade
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM47 - Low Sweep
TM48 - Round
TM52 - Focus Blast
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM78 - Bulldoze
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM90 - Substitute
TM100 - Confide

Egg moves

Egg - Body Slam
Egg - Double-Edge
Egg - Magnitude
Egg - Close Combat
Egg - Mud Bomb

New Ability
Stamina: Boosts the Defense stat when hit by an attack.
New Move
High Horsepower: The user fiercely attacks the target using its entire body. 95% Accuracy [Ground] 95 BP, Physical.

Last edited:
No boosting moves at all? I guess Rest with Stamina, EQ, CC, Sleep Talk could be cool, but it seems like an offbeat furfrou.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Very interested in running this in VGC Trick Room with Oranguru, this seems like the perfect slow, bulky ughattacker to me!

I wanna try it in BSD too, though Landorus-T is gonna be a problem for it. On the bright side, it will work very well with Cresselia on its side!

I don't get it. Why do so many of the pokemon this gen have such shitty speed and movepools? 80% of them all seem to follow the exact same concept (slow, bulky attacker), which cuts into the feeling of them being unique.

If Mudsdale got recovery, Stealth Rock, and Stone Edge together with it's ability and stats it would have been a pretty cool pokemon. It'd be very similar to Hippowdon, but it's like that anyway, just currently it offers absolutely nothing over the hippo.

I don't get it. Why do so many of the pokemon this gen have such shitty speed and movepools? 80% of them all seem to follow the exact same concept (slow, bulky attacker), which cuts into the feeling of them being unique.

If Mudsdale got recovery, Stealth Rock, and Stone Edge together with it's ability and stats it would have been a pretty cool pokemon. It'd be very similar to Hippowdon, but it's like that anyway, just currently it offers absolutely nothing over the hippo.
I never knew why people were expecting a horse to get a recovery move, but whatevs. It gets Close Combat, Fighting/Ground Coverage is always nice. Lack of Stone Edge makes me raise an eyebrow but Rock Slide is just as usable. Overall, a good mon.

Keep in mind if you switch Mudsdale into a resisted attack it's like a pseudo-intimidate. Then they'll either try to challenge you anyway or switch out and take an EQ/Rock Slide/Close Combat off 125 attack.
It makes me think of what Avalugg wishes it was.

It also has Roar to get rid of anyone who tries setting up on you, though you can likely KO them with Mudsdale's attack anyway.

So a slow bulky attacker with a decent defensive ability. Don't think it'd be amazing by any stretch of the imagination, but it'd be decent at least.

Very interested in running this in VGC Trick Room with Oranguru, this seems like the perfect slow, bulky ughattacker to me!

I wanna try it in BSD too, though Landorus-T is gonna be a problem for it. On the bright side, it will work very well with Cresselia on its side!
This is what I'm trying. It can use Instruct on Earthquake, and with Oranguru's Telepathy it won't get hit by it.

Mudsdale with an AV in TR in Doubles is going to be busted. This is gonna be a good Pokemon for sure.

If Mudbray had SR or some recovery like Slack Off, perhaps it could have been a threat in LC, but right now I don't see much point in using it. I guess it could run a tank set holding Berry Juice with EQ / Rock Slide / Heavy Slam (I get the feel it's a lot heavier than the average LC mon) / CC or Superpower.

Actually, as I write this I realise it reaches 14 speed. Perhaps it can be a decent Scarfer then, 100 Attack is pretty amazing, especially if the eviolite nerf is true.

Double strategy:
1. Speed Swap Ribombee speed with Mudsdale
2. Roar any Trick Room settler with Mudsdale
3. ???
4. profit?

Eviolite Mudbray hype. Do they do bans from LC :P
Seriously, though. I don't think it will be banned, due to the lack of reliable recovery and its commonplace weakness. But between it and Ponyta, I'm sensing a pattern;
horses (or donkey ponies?) are incredible in LC.
Double strategy:
1. Speed Swap Ribombee speed with Mudsdale
2. Roar any Trick Room settler with Mudsdale
3. ???
4. profit?
Or, if it ends up being allowed, Speed Swap Pheromosa. Base 151 Speed murder-horse, here I come!

speed swap is probably gonna work like power/guard swap which is it swaps the stat changes not the actual stats.

now if it was speed split that would probably work as that would alter the actual stats.

speed swap is probably gonna work like power/guard swap which is it swaps the stat changes not the actual stats.

now if it was speed split that would probably work as that would alter the actual stats.
I don't think so. This the the description for Power Swap:

"The user employs its psychic power to switch changes to its Attack and Sp. Atk stats with the target."

And this is Speed Swap's:

"The user exchanges Speed stats with the target."

Not changes, straight up stats.

Tory

Banned deucer.
This is one of my favorite Pokemon in Sun & Moon. This is definitely coming to my in-game team. I love the design, although, the colors could of been more creative. It has a new amazing ability called Stamina, raises defense when hit by an attack. I was comparing this Pokemon to other ground types.

Mudsdale
Ground
HP: 100
Attack: 125
Defense: 100
Sp. Atk: 55
Sp. Def: 85
Speed: 35

Hippowdon
Ground
Ability: Sand Force / Sand Stream
HP: 108
Attack: 112
Defense: 118
Sp. Atk: 68
Sp. Def: 72
Speed: 47

Donphan
Ground
Ability: Sand Veil / Sturdy
HP: 90
Attack: 120
Defense: 120
Sp. Atk: 60
Sp. Def: 60
Speed: 50

Stats are similar eh? Mudsdale have an incredible weight of 2028.3 lbs. (920.0 kg). This will be my set.

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam / Close Combat / Rock Slide
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Of course in-game, I will use High Horsepower for fun. Heavy Slam power:
  • 120 base power, if the target's weight is less than or equal to ⅕ (20%) of the user's weight.
  • 100 base power, if the target's weight is greater than ⅕ (20%) of the user's weight and less than or equal to ¼ (25%) of the user's weight.
  • 80 base power, if the target's weight is greater than ¼ (25%) of the user's weight and less than or equal to ⅓ (33.3%) of the user's weight.
  • 60 base power, if the target's weight is greater than ⅓ (33.3%) of the user's weight and less than or equal to ½ of the user's weight (50%).
  • 40 base power, if the target's weight is greater than ½ (50%) of the user's weight.
Imagine the weight of 2028.3 lbs with Heavy Slam will do to Azelf, Breloom, Chansey, Blissey, Diancie, Dragonite, Diggersby, Hawlucha, Kyurem, Mega Altaria, Mega Gallade, Mega Lopunny, Mega Medicham, Mew, Salamence, Tyranitar, and even Terrakion. It would of been nice if this Pokemon had Heat Crash.

Mudsdale is a pretty decent pokemon. It has a cool ability and has greater special bulk than most ground types. A bulky CB set is definitely viable. I could also see a sleeptalk set work too. Its not a top tier pokemon but it can perform well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)