Rejected - Inactive /ms parameter for Super Effective (se) moves

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
It would be cool if there was a way to check for moves a pokemon learns that are super effective (se) versus some other specified thing.

To compare how I think this could work in implementation in comparison to how I do it now, I'll use Mew.

Right now, if I wanted to find out what coverage Mew has for Dark-type Pokemon, I would have to do search "/ms Mew, fighting, bug, fairy, !status"

With the super effective parameter (I'll just type it as <is super effective vs> because I wasn't able to come up with a satisfactory shorter version), I would be able to do something like: "ms Mew, <is super effective vs> dark" and obtain the same result without having to list "fighting, bug, fairy" etc. myself. To take it a step further, if possible it would be cool to make it similar to the /weak and /cover commands where you can list multiple types. So for example, "/ms Mew, <is super effective vs> dark/water" would look for all of Mew's moves that can hit a Water/Dark type Pokemon super effectively. Lastly, substituting the typings for Pokemon could work too, perhaps? Like "/ms Mew, <is super effective vs> Heatran" <-- only thing here is that it would probably ignore abilities, I assume.

As an aside, I suppose it's also worth mentioning that the opposite (a parameter for moves resisted by a type/typing) could work too.

obligatory alaserdolphin tag

It would be cool if there was a way to check for moves a pokemon learns that are super effective (se) versus some other specified thing.

To compare how I think this could work in implementation in comparison to how I do it now, I'll use Mew.

Right now, if I wanted to find out what coverage Mew has for Dark-type Pokemon, I would have to do search "/ms Mew, fighting, bug, fairy, !status"

With the super effective parameter (I'll just type it as <is super effective vs> because I wasn't able to come up with a satisfactory shorter version), I would be able to do something like: "ms Mew, <is super effective vs> dark" and obtain the same result without having to list "fighting, bug, fairy" etc. myself. To take it a step further, if possible it would be cool to make it similar to the /weak and /cover commands where you can list multiple types. So for example, "/ms Mew, <is super effective vs> dark/water" would look for all of Mew's moves that can hit a Water/Dark type Pokemon super effectively. Lastly, substituting the typings for Pokemon could work too, perhaps? Like "/ms Mew, <is super effective vs> Heatran" <-- only thing here is that it would probably ignore abilities, I assume.

As an aside, I suppose it's also worth mentioning that the opposite (a parameter for moves resisted by a type/typing) could work too.

obligatory alaserdolphin tag
I think the best syntax for this would be:

/ms <pokemon>, SE <target(s)>
And
/ms <pokemon>, resisted <target(s)>
Alternative syntax options could be
eff(ective) <target(s)>
4SE / 4eff(ective) <target(s)>
And maybe res as an alt for finding moves that it’d resist?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)