Team MPL VIII - Discussion Thread

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
4. :milotic: Mirage Island Milotics :milotic:
Waittt like…this team is DEFINITELY giving what needed to be gave likeeee….the most recent MWP-winning managers are teaming up AGAIN to give us a MPL draft we’ve ALL been waiting for. Their Bo3, SM, and ORAS slots LITERALLY SLAYEDDD LIKE… it’s giving CREAM OF THE CROP CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP VIBES. Maroon finally number 1 in something so proud of you girlie...even though the rest of this ORAS pool flopped so like idk…but I GUESS LIKE I SUPPOSE expectations are high for him after he had a surprisingly good performance last MPL. mushamu is also number 1 in Bo3 and has been the best SS player in recent memory after winning the last Monotype circuit… On a similar note, Isza has HOPEFULLY exited his flop era and is ready to enter the MPL scene again…he kinda flopped last MPL with his 2-2 and benched himself half the season era but there are still HIGH expectations for him as a player (for some reason, this isn’t NatDex girlies)! However the rest of the team is giving MYSTERIOUS giving NO-NAME like…Hurtadoo and Hyperspace12 are Decem goons for sure but they’re like okay I guess :rolling_eyes:...and Zar is crust for sure and crust BW players have historically been pretty bad in MPL but oh well I guess! If these top slots perform as expected and the bottom-ranked slots perform better than they’re ranked this draft is LITERALLYYYYY SLAYING…but if the opposite happens, the other teams will have their tea for SURE.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
would be cool to have a thread/spreadsheet showing when games will be played. of course, for this to work there would have to be a volunteer from each team willing to continually provide the host or whoever manages the thread/spreadsheet the game schedules as they become available

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
would be cool to have a thread/spreadsheet showing when games will be played. of course, for this to work there would have to be a volunteer from each team willing to continually provide the host or whoever manages the thread/spreadsheet the game schedules as they become available
I have a Scheduling sheet template that can be quickly set up, but I tried before and it had 0 activity. Anyone can edit the sheet, even individual players. At most I'd only update it with new matchups so it would be on others to ensure the times are correct and added week after week.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
I have a Scheduling sheet template that can be quickly set up, but I tried before and it had 0 activity. Anyone can edit the sheet, even individual players. At most I'd only update it with new matchups so it would be on others to ensure the times are correct and added week after week.
thanks, ticken! i'd be happy to update for the gengars, so we'll get times for 6 matches/week at least

Just wanna post some thoughts note I looked into only week 1 and 2. I been looking at type win percentages/win rate honestly was surprised to see flying with one of the lowest win rate but with highest usage. Win rate is 33% and usage is 28%.this could be people are over prepping for the type or its just over rated. another 3 types I would like to bring up. First Electric with 15% usage and 75% win rate. Electric has been a nice picks in most games tbh I see nothing broken on this type but just has alot of good mu vs most types in the current meta game. Ground is also been another great type in this tour with 62.5% win percentage and 15% usage. In this current meta gravity Lando is a huge threat to most teams. When I see a replay with grav lando it Kills 2-4 pokemon. Definitely one of the largest threats currently. Now on to steel. steel is another type that has seen some great success in the tour with 66% win rate and 17% usage. Steel is versatile type you can build for most match ups. Steel stays king in every gen.

sucks that we didn't win, but HUGE S/O to Plunder and style.css for the great managing, thank you for picking me up and letting me be along for the ride. I wasn't sure who would manage this year, but if we keep getting homeruns like these 2, monotype gonna be safe for years to come.

to my fini brothers, it was a pleasure meeting new faces and seeing old ones, I hope we all can stay in touch and team sometime again!
tMoi Pak TheWyvernKing Shiba ikiarihS Trouser Snakes Bouki

much love from ya boy, crashy :heart:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)