Movesets for 5 and 6 star raids?

I made a trade with a friend and what we did was entering a code we invented. Both the same code, and then the game links you each other in the same trading.

TIL and holy shit that means Ability Shield Daschund will probably be the meta for the 7 Star Charizard raids.
Worried that doggo's attack is too low to kill Charizard in time. Though Zard has never been very bulky...

I guess I should farm the necessary materials and see how it works out for others before training one up myself.

Real talk: I want to know which internet personality is proliferating this brainless Miraidon/Iron Hands core, because that person is steadily climbing up my shitlist.

I don't even have an issue with these Pokémon inherently. It's that I'm getting paired with them on every single raid and constantly losing time because of them. Fellas—if you're bringing Metal Sound against Annihilape or Kingambit, you're going to proc Defiant and wipe. If you're slotting Miraidon or Iron Hands against a native Fairy-type, regardless of Tera Type, you're going to eat a Moonblast instantly and wipe. If you're leaning on these monsters because they're optimal for these raids with zero other considerations, you are going to wipe and look stupid doing it.

Please remember that any Tera Pokémon you battle will have its original STAB moves. Be mindful of abilities like Unaware and Defiant too.

Sincerely,
a raider who could only watch in disappointment as his allies' Miraidon (x1) and Iron Hands (x2) went kablooey at first contact with 6* Gardevoir.

(and please do not turn 6* Tera Electric Ditto into Miraidon, yes i'm salty how could you tell?)
I'm feeling this deep in my soul right now.

Last edited:
Please remember that any Tera Pokémon you battle will have its original STAB moves. Be mindful of abilities like Unaware and Defiant too.
Yknow this bit is really annoying me as of late.

The amount of times I see people blindingly bringing pokemon weak or 4x weak to the native type of the raid just for the sake of hitting supereffectively is terrifying.
EXPECIALLY for Koraidon which has a 4x weakness to fairy and just gets murdered.

Though to be fair it wouldn't be as frustrating if the raid interface wasn't so fucked up in first place, as "losing a raid" isn't just losing the raid but also wasting the potential 10 mins you needed to even get in one, while also possibly being "stuck" for 2-3 min in desynced raids watching the boss murder your team while you don't even get input prompts...

Rants aside, am I missing something regarding the Heal cheer? I noticed that sometimes it heals for not even 10%, sometimes over 50%

Rants aside, am I missing something regarding the Heal cheer? I noticed that sometimes it heals for not even 10%, sometimes over 50%
I noticed that too, and I think it's related to the Tera Orb charging in the course of the battle. Its effectiveness peaks when the player has enough energy to Terastallize, and it's weaker when the orb is empty or the raid boss is leeching energy. That's just based on my foggy observations though.

IIRC there was a similar situation in SwSh such that cheering would receive one of several random boosts if it was the player's turn to Dynamax.

I noticed that too, and I think it's related to the Tera Orb charging in the course of the battle. Its effectiveness peaks when the player has enough energy to Terastallize, and it's weaker when the orb is empty or the raid boss is leeching energy. That's just based on my observations though.

IIRC there was a similar situation in SwSh such that cheering would receive one of several random boosts if it was the player's turn to Dynamax.
I don't think it's that, cause expecially if i'm on Umbreon I tend to use it relatively early to keep the party up as I don't have any real offensive presence (just Snarl and Foul Play as attacks), so I often have 1 or 0 charges yet it does heal people and myself by 50%ish.

I thought it may be actually based on your HP and just heal for your current HP, but that also doesn't seem the case...

Anyway, now that I'm here, I may as well contribute. This is the moveset that just netted me a 6* Tera-Steel Salamence.

Mudsdale (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Stamina
Level: 83
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 28 SpA / 24 SpD
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Mud-Slap
- Heavy Slam
- Close Combat

Accuracy debuffs can go a long way, especially with multiple Iron Hands sinking themselves to 50% HP on Turn 1. It's not what I'd call a consistent strategy because this example relies on RNG, but anything that can tank a bunch of hits and make the raid safer for BD sweepers is a plus. Props also to the Umbreon screener who pulled up with Skill Swap and removed the boss's Moxie—that kind of support probably saved us a couple more lives.

Don't overthink the smorgasbord of EVs listed. This was my first time EV-training on cartridge (Isle of Armor vending machine notwithstanding), and the result isn't expertly polished. It's just meant to be good enough to blind the boss and stay alive in the event of Outrage connecting multiple times. Addendum: this set also works wonders against the likes of 6* Maushold.

Last edited:
Oh Skill swap seems like a pretty nice tech actually. I should get it on one of my raid dedicated mons.
I assume that like Leech Seed and Taunt it doesn't get "removed" by the raid's "clean debuff" action?

Posting a couple experiences with 6* raids done solo. I appreciate how decent AI raid partners are this time.

---

Against :sylveon: Sylveon <Ice>:

:tinkaton: Tinkaton <Steel> L80
@Healing berry
- Swords Dance
- Gigaton Hammer
- Metal Claw
- Sleep Talk

Swords Dance -> Gigaton Hammer / Metal Claw when unavailable.
Sylveon has Yawn, which is exploited with Sleep Talk.

---

Against :baxcalibur: Baxcalibur <Ice>:

:annihilape: Annihilape <Fighting> L80
@Metronome
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Screech
- Rage Fist?

Maybe start with Screech, especially if the AI partners are physically offensive.
Bulk Up -> Drain Punch repeatedly which is boosted by Metronome
It kept wasting turns Snowscape, at least.

By "decent" I meant as a pool of Pokémon: Intimidate users, strong physical attackers which combined with Screech can cause decent damage, Arboliva for Grassy Terrain support. There does not seem to be equivalents to the infamous Cosmic Power Solrock.

By "decent" I meant as a pool of Pokémon: Intimidate users, strong physical attackers which combined with Screech can cause decent damage, Arboliva for Grassy Terrain support. There does not seem to be equivalents to the infamous Cosmic Power Solrock.
it's also nice they all have defensive EVs. Some can stick around for quite some time.

I've been trying to get all the non-Paradox Violet exclusives through Tera raids and it's been incredibly frustrating!! At this point I've done about 9 unsuccessful Ceruledge raids, the highlights of which include:
  • three raids in a row ruined because someone brought a Lucario that got repeatedly OHKO'd by Bitter Blade
  • my most recent Ceruledge raid (Electric) where someone switched at the last second from a Great Tusk (perfectly reasonable choice!) to their Annihilape... which proceeded to get KO'd repeatedly by Shadow Claw
  • multiple people who'd clearly seen that Azumarill was the meta pick but didn't understand why, spamming moves like Hydro Pump and Bubble Beam instead of using BD or any of Azu's good support options

Against :sylveon: Sylveon <Ice>:

:tinkaton: Tinkaton <Steel> L80
@Healing berry
- Swords Dance
- Gigaton Hammer
- Metal Claw
- Sleep Talk

Swords Dance -> Gigaton Hammer / Metal Claw when unavailable.
Sylveon has Yawn, which is exploited with Sleep Talk.
Sylveon is a funny raid because it usually seems to open with Yawn but if you deal damage fast enough (which is hard to do solo ofc) then it'll use Misty Terrain before you can fall asleep.

Last edited:
You know there are some "official" codes that allow trade between Scarlet & Violet exclusive or starter
Something like 00010004 means I want to trade Fuecoco against Cute Green Cat (or vice versa)

https://www.pokemontrash.com/ecarlate-violet/codes-dechange/
In French, but you have the pictures ;)
Though this only works if they decide to actually follow through on the trade
Had a Scream Tail-Iron Bundle set up, they even selected the pokemon and everything and then just...backed out. I found another one eventually, as well as the other paradoxes, so at least these codes are definitely making the rounds; reminds me of the old "magnemite coil" from the gen 5 days. But it can get iffy.

Also dependent on randos just trying to trade with their friends (because god forbid in 2022 we have a friends list in an online video game!) presumably stumbling into randos trying to use community codes

In 2 hours, I managed to get all the Violet/Scarlet Pokemon, sometimes, you have to re eenter the code because someone has the same specie (two Iron hands for example)

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was banned from NatDex Ubers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I saw Menshay mentioned Annihilape, and I've been using it too, though I've been running a much different set. Made a post about it in the 7 Star Charizard Raid thread, here. There's probably gonna be a lotta repetition from that.
annihilapepuffle.png

Uno (Annihilape) @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Rage Fist
- Close Combat
- Screech(?) / Low Kick(?)
- Fling(?)

Short Explanation:
Spam Rage Fist, it's broken. And then boost it's power as much as you can (i.e. Choice Band, Ghost tera-type, max Attack) to make it more broken. I'm often just playing with AI and spamming the A button without paying much attention lol

edit: changed Low Kick to Screech to go alongside Fling, still yet to actually use it tho
I've mostly just been using Rage Fist (this is where that repetition begins). I've found Rage Fist to be broken in this format, since whenever the mon attacks you it gives Rage Fist +50bp, which adds up quickly. It also doesn't reset if you're knocked out, though I can't say for sure if it's impacted by the "raid mon removed your boosts" thing. Imma just think positively and say no. But yeah, Rage Fist can go as high as 350 BP, so with STAB Tera, Choice Band, and Annihilape's 361 Attack, it's gonna do a chunk.

Rage Fist, Ghost tera type, and max Atk Adamant are just there to maximize Rage Fist's damage. Defiant is also great in these raids, since I think we all know how common it is for the tera mon to lower stats. Then just the rest in HP cuz bulk and stuff.

Close Combat comes in handy for lower star raids though since it often just 2HKOs the mon, if not OHKO. It's also useful for those Normal mons, who I sadly can't just spam Rage Fist against. Low Kick and Fling are just filler, since I have no idea what else to put there, considering status moves aren't the best when Choice locked. In theory, Low Kick is useful for mons with high Defense since they are often heavy, and Close Combat wouldn't have enough PP. Fling, also in theory, would get rid of the Choice Band if I ever needed to switch between moves for some reason.

I've admittedly had trouble with a few raids though. The most notable would be 5-6 Star physically bulky mons with resisting tera types. I've faced Dark-type Garganacl and Avalugg, both took multiple tries. I also ironically could never beat this one 6 Star Annihilape raid, since it could hit me super-effectively but not vise versa. Also the AI trainers kept bringing Intimidate mons, triggering its Defiant. I tried to face it with actual people, but still lost and just gave up.
But yeah I've just been spamming this mon alongside AI trainers and still (usually) sweep with ease. Also if you couldn't tell by the fact that I posted in the Charizard Raid thread, I used it against that too. Yes, still with AI. All and all, I'd def recommend Annihilape if you're having trouble. Good mon. It also looks like a puffle (see above).

Last edited:
Managed to beat the 7* Charizard solo:

:dachsbun:
Dachsbun @ Ability Shield
Ability: Well-Baked Body
Level: 100
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Mud-Slap
- Work Up
- Play Rough

Completely immune to Dragon via typing and Fire via ability, which is protected by Ability Shield. Charizard's only option are Focus Blast (resisted) and Hurricane (neutral, hurts even with this spread), both of which have low accuracy which can be further lowered by Mud-Slap.
This still does not make it easy, but I guess it works.

Could I get tips since I don't have the Nintendo Online, so how can I do raid 6 star in solo? I am in Scarlet so I can't afford Iron Hands, and I do not have Gholdengo atm.

Last edited:
Austin John Plays has a few YouTube videos covering good options. e.g., I like his Iron Hands set (belly drum and drain punch), and his flutter mane set from the 7* vid (draining kiss, fake tears, calm mind, moon blast). If you have the resources for them, at least.

Otherwise I tend to use my in-game gholdengo most frequently for its defensive utility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)