Movesets for 5 and 6 star raids?

I don't want to sound disappointing, but in similar fashion to SwSh, the best "moveset" for 5+ star raids is "click supereffective attack with choice specs/band" + "click Teralyze when they shield"

Anything else is kinda redundant. You can't even use supportive stuff like Follow Me or Wide Guard like you used to in SwSh since this time it's 4 "separate battles".
It is possible that in some cases you could get away with spamming Life Dew or something like that but realistically speaking you're on a timer and all you care is highest damage as fast as possible, on a pokemon that isn't weak to the attacks coming to it.

Hi. Im looking for six stars raids in my game, that Ive recently unlocked them. But Ive found nothing and there is no mark in the map. How can you see them?

The 'meta' right now to beat 6* raids really quickly is to use have one person use a bunch of boosting moves + rest using Screech/Metal Sound/cheers to not trigger the removal of buffs and debuffs and then just oneshot the mon.

The actual reality is having one or two people try that while another spams SE move, triggers a buff/debuff removal, then the oneshot attempt becomes a 40-50% hit instead, and then you finish it off from there while hoping someone didnt pick a mon that gets oneshot over and over and removing the entire timer bar on their own. Generally it works out anyway, occasionally not.

Notable mons/tidbits:
- Perrserker Steely Spirit stacks if you happen to have multiple of them. Learns Swords, Screech, Metal Sound
- Koraidon has Swords, Screech, and Drain Punch
- Gholdengo has NP and Metal Sound and is immune to status + resists most mon movesets
- Iron Hands has belly drum + drain punch and is very popular
- Miraidon has Metal Sound and Parabolic Charge
- Ceruledge has Swords and Bitter Edge to heal back to full on pretty much every hit
- Shell Bell in general is a super good item for sustain if you do not go the oneshot route because the raid mons have extremely inflated health
- If you ever host a ditto raid, it will always transform into the host (assuming imposter, no clue who it would transform into if no imposter). So pick a trash level 1 magikarp as host (and please do not turn 6* Tera Electric Ditto into Miraidon, yes i'm salty how could you tell?)
- You can use Helping Hand and other supportive moves. It's just a bit weird due to the turn order being a bit out of whack, but it very much works. You can even attack your allies if you want to be evil.

Last edited:
The 'meta' right now to beat 6* raids really quickly is to use have one person use a bunch of boosting moves + rest using Screech/Metal Sound/cheers to not trigger the removal of buffs and debuffs and then just oneshot the mon.

The actual reality is having one or two people try that while another spams SE move, triggers a buff/debuff removal, then the oneshot attempt becomes a 40-50% hit instead, and then you finish it off from there while hoping someone didnt pick a mon that gets oneshot over and over and removing the entire timer bar on their own. Generally it works out anyway, occasionally not.
Yeah that doesn't look like someone you'd pull off without actually being in a organized group... :\
5 star raids you can bruteforce but 6* aren't something I'd ever bother trying to "pug" right now, the couple I tried just had a bunch of people bringing the leges and getting demolished anyway.

Definitely gonna do the Iron Hand thing though, as well as the Parabolic Charge for Miraidon seems interesting.

You may have to do more 5 star raids or just wait until tomorrow. I dunno.
Yup, you were right. Few more raids I have received the last rotom call.

WoW!!! Insane power. Baxcalibur water. I went with chienpao as he is lvl100 full trained, the others went with 2 miraidon 1 clodsire. Bad team I know, but we barely did any damage, he ohkos every mon

A set I've theorised is using garganacl with purifying salts and tera type ghost, to make it so that when you get your terastallize, you become only weak to dark (purifying salts makes you effectively neutral to ghost) and you become immune to normal and fighting.

The set is:
Garganacl @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Salt Cure
- Iron Defense
- Recover

EVs are not optimised (I stole them off a corv set) and rocky helmet can be substituted for clear amulet or another item. Salt cure deals damage every turn, and body press is a solid move to use while salt cure chips away. Iron defence and recover are used to increase survivability and to boost body press damage.

Its worth noting that purifying salts also makes you immune to statuses, so no sleep or burn reduction

Edit: Upon testing salt cure during raids, it doesn't apply it damage effect, so there goes my whole set :/

Last edited:
Ive just won my first six stars raid. The prize was meh, with silver caps costing now 20.000 I dont like receive them... However, the real prize was the mon: ceruledge elec (another meh on elec) with FIVE Max ivs. FIVE.

Ive just won my first six stars raid. The prize was meh, with silver caps costing now 20.000 I dont like receive them... However, the real prize was the mon: ceruledge elec (another meh on elec) with FIVE Max ivs. FIVE.
Sadly the fact these raids are the only way to get ability patch and, looking at serebii, we're looking at 1% droprate, makes me feel physical pain :(

Belly Drum Azumarill is excellent for a lot of the slack the cats leave up. Belly Drum in general is a great fundamental move doing these, even for battles with random people where you’re all using goodstuffs.

Garchomp seems to be one of the toughest raid bosses so far, and a big cat punisher. Healy good stuffs is pretty acceptable vs it at least. Massive fan of Bitter Blade Ceruledge for uncoordinated games.

Also please do not be like the poor soul I saw in a random game and use Wild Charge on your Iron Hands. You’re giving your robot a self destruct button.

Belly Drum Azumarill is excellent for a lot of the slack the cats leave up. Belly Drum in general is a great fundamental move doing these, even for battles with random people where you’re all using goodstuffs.

Garchomp seems to be one of the toughest raid bosses so far, and a big cat punisher. Healy good stuffs is pretty acceptable vs it at least. Massive fan of Bitter Blade Ceruledge for uncoordinated games.

Also please do not be like the poor soul I saw in a random game and use Wild Charge on your Iron Hands. You’re giving your robot a self destruct button.
You know what is another Pokemon with a strong steel type attack, that also works insanely well with such strats?

TINKATON (with steel tera)

I've done a 6 star raid with 2 tinkatons, me on my support umbreon (which has amongst the other things, Helping Hand and Tickle), and some guy with belly drum drain punch Iron Hands.

Tinkaton incidentally has insanely good typing even before Tera, can use that lull turn to Sword Dance or just throw Flash Cannon / Play Rough for chip, and ofc that chonky nuke to hit HARD with outside helping hand.

Misbelievers move aside, Tinkaton is amazing.

To dd to this, Ability Shield can also nullify the effects ability-cancel move that higher raids like to spam. I use it on my Daschund to ensure my well baked body will stay put the entire fight, making me immune to fire attacks and making it tankier for the whole fight.
TIL and holy shit that means Ability Shield Daschund will probably be the meta for the 7 Star Charizard raids.

I won a 6* Annihilape raid. Got a 6 IV Jolly Defiant ape from it lol. Guess I'll be EV training that one.

I've seen a lot of Iron Hands in raids. Generally they Belly Drum into Drain Punch. Any ideas on the set EVs?

I won a 6* Annihilape raid. Got a 6 IV Jolly Defiant ape from it lol. Guess I'll be EV training that one.

I've seen a lot of Iron Hands in raids. Generally they Belly Drum into Drain Punch. Any ideas on the set EVs?
I'd assume it's just 252 hp / atk with adamant or jolly tbh. Speccing pure def or spdef seems pointless with how many potential mons there are, unless you want to have 2 of them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)