Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I am using Sandshrew atm (female has my OT, male has OT of another random player. Non masuda method)
Male is in Dream ball and female in Poke ball.
No HA, so ability can be either 1 or 2, but I dont think it matter much?
The seed you see here is from the Shiny egg and not from the parent (the mistake) I made after the shiny egg.

Pattern of nature I hatched now: calm, jolly, lonely, hasty, adamant, naive, jolly (Let me know if I should hatch more).

View attachment 238381
Thanks. Not seeing too much myself :/ But as a couple follow up questions, do you know what the inheritance of that calm mon is? Anything else like its ball nature, gender, etc would be helpful too. Also, about how many eggs did you do after the shiny egg when you resaved your game and updated the tool seed status?

edit: also, yay 1500 posts ^_^

Last edited:
Thanks. Not seeing too much myself :/ But as a couple follow up questions, do you know what the inheritance of that calm mon is? Anything else like its ball nature, gender, etc would be helpful too. Also, about how many eggs did you do after the shiny egg when you resaved your game and updated the tool seed status?
Ooff, was afraid so. :/

Details about the first/calm offspring:
Nature: calm (random, no everstone used)
Ability: 1 or 2, not HA
Ball: from male parent
IVs: 30 atk IV (same as female parent) and 31 speed IV (same as male parent), the IVs of the parents are in the picture above, where ''1'' means random/not 0, 30 or 31.

I think I have made a little bit more than 100 eggs after the shiny egg, but I am not 100% sure. Let's say between 10 and 200 eggs as a range.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Hmmm yeah I'm not seeing any reasonable matches then for the info you provided. Only things I can get to show up are frame 1000+ which is unlikely given the number of eggs quoted. If you search on Masuda parents there is a result on frame 255 which is reasonable. It matches the Calm spread and the first few nature sequence. That's my best guess I'm afraid.

Hmmm yeah I'm not seeing any reasonable matches then for the info you provided. Only things I can get to show up are frame 1000+ which is unlikely given the number of eggs quoted. If you search on Masuda parents there is a result on frame 255 which is reasonable. It matches the Calm spread and the first few nature sequence. That's my best guess I'm afraid.
Thanks for the help nonetheless!
Is it worth to hatch some eggs from different parents and see if I can find the frame? btw I remember now *looking at my notes* that I have only hatched like 20 eggs after the shiny egg when I noticed the mistake.

I wonder how it is even possible that I lost my seed/frame at all sudden? As far as I know I did my last parent correct as I always write down the steps (accept/reject) I need to take and which I have already taken. There might be always an error on my side ofcourse, but given that I take care of my steps and then the other moment something went wrong during breeding and then my frame/seed is lost, too. Consider I hatched like 20 eggs and I didn't did anything weird during breeding.. what have gone wrong..?
(Too bad I am halfway in my story and don't have the judge option yet, that would certainly made some things easier...)

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
A slight miscount or a slight error in the inputs could make it seem like you can't find a match (also ngl this tool is buggy), when in reality it's just a simple mistake. So it's surprisingly easy to lose track. It's sounds like you're trying to keep up tho so that's a good thing! Now, I say all that because it only just now occurred to me that you're using a DK, which I neglected to input when I was searching myself. lol I'm pretty confident that you're on frame 255. Calm spread on that frame matches up as does the nature sequence after that.

Edit: Note that I'm no longer assuming MM parents.
1587408261598.png

A slight miscount or a slight error in the inputs could make it seem like you can't find a match (also ngl this tool is buggy), when in reality it's just a simple mistake. So it's surprisingly easy to lose track. It's sounds like you're trying to keep up tho so that's a good thing! Now, I say all that because it only just now occurred to me that you're using a DK, which I neglected to input when I was searching myself. lol I'm pretty confident that you're on frame 255. Calm spread on that frame matches up as does the nature sequence after that.

Edit: Note that I'm no longer assuming MM parents.
Ooh my..! Thanks a lot!! I kinda gave up as I couldn't find it myself as well :psyduck:
Sorry I forgot to mention I was using the Destiny Knot.. I just totally forgot that as well. I will try to find my frame later, so I will learn what I have to do next time when it happens again.

Thanks again!! :heart:

[EDIT] I know what to do next time now! I found out what I did wrong when I was searching for my frame, thanks to the pic you showed!

Last edited:
Hi, so this is for a 4th Gen RNG project (Pearl, in case that's needed). I have located a Feebas tile in Mt. Coronet B1F, and matched a spread to the current date. As long as I only mess with the clock, and not the date, the tiles don't change. My question is this: has anyone successfully RNG'd Feebas, and if so, how does one search for a spread on either RNG Reporter of PokeFinder? From what I've understood of the little information I do have, the Feebas slots either overwrite the regular encounter slots or count separately altogether. Any information at all would be immensely appreciated. Thanks!

Hi, so this is for a 4th Gen RNG project (Pearl, in case that's needed). I have located a Feebas tile in Mt. Coronet B1F, and matched a spread to the current date. As long as I only mess with the clock, and not the date, the tiles don't change. My question is this: has anyone successfully RNG'd Feebas, and if so, how does one search for a spread on either RNG Reporter of PokeFinder? From what I've understood of the little information I do have, the Feebas slots either overwrite the regular encounter slots or count separately altogether. Any information at all would be immensely appreciated. Thanks!
Christian has successfully done it in 4th gen a long time ago, so I'll tag him, hopefully he has some insight for you.

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Did mine ages ago, don't know what stage research has reached nowadays, but since you have 50% chance of fishing Feebas with Super Rod
(50 % of Feebas, 32.5 % of Gyarados, 17.5 % of Whiscash), my best bet would be picking a spread that has all available Encounter Slots with Super Rod so that you have a 100% chance of catching it (This is what I did as well back then).

One more quick question, just to clarify. Whilst fishing, the starting frame is 4. Does casting but not catching anything, as well as hooking a Pokemon advance the frame?

Hi!

Is it possible to RNG (4th Gen) an ID/SID that satisfies both the cute charm glitch as well as a pretty good shiny legendary spread?

For example the cute charm group that I would like to use is male lead shiny group 2 (00000008-0000000F), so I typed 0000000A (timid, but as far as I know it doesn't matter which PID you use as long as it's from the same group) into Pandora's box and searched for ID/SID combinations.

I then typed a pair of generated ID/SID into time finder, however I can only achieve a shiny legendary with a maximum of 3 perfect IVs. Is it theoretically possible that there is a PID that can activate both the cute charm glitch and a 5 IV shiny legendary spread? (I was aiming for the bold/timid pair 31/x/31/31/31/31 that both appear on frame 14).

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Quickly looking through the various 5 IV Method 1 spreads, I didn't see anything that would seem to be satisfied by Cute Charm IDs. Which isn't too surprising, considering the Cute Charm exploit operates via a bug. I don't know the math, so I can't say what's theoretically possible. But the pattern for the Method 1 PIDs that are shiny using Cute Charm IDs is that the 2 halves of the PID are almost the same, which just doesn't seem to be true of the 5IV spreads.

So I would say no, unless you count Heatran as a legend :blobshrug:

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
What do the numbers in the Shift/F column of 3DS RNG Tool (the second one over) mean?
Preface: Never done Gen 7 RNG, but maybe this'll help.

I believe F refers to frame in real time, so 1F = 1/60 sec. That column is basically the conversion you need for converting for frames to real time adjustments in the EonTimer.

From here

Step 10: If you didn't get the Pokemon

1. Adjust the Pre-Timer and restart from step 3.
  2. Check Using Stats, put the stats of the Pokemon you got. Check +-100 frames in RNG Info, hit Calculate again, you will see the frames which have the spread you hit. If you can't find the Pokemon you hit, please make sure you got the initial seed correctly.
  3. Check your pre-timer. Look at the Shift/F Column.
    • If the number is between -4F and 4F, you are doing good and just because of the luck. Start over again and try to find a good seed and hit frame clusters with the same spread.
    • If the number is way off like +12 for example. This means you hit the frame too late. There are two ways you can adjust the timer.
    • Decrease your pre-timer. + 12 / 60 * (-1000) = -200, add that to you current Pre-Timer.
    • Put Taget Frame + 12 into Frame Hit, Click Update, EonTimer will do the math and subtract 200 from lag.
Note: The Pre-Timer calibration is the key of Gen7 main RNG.
You may need to recalibrate the Pre-Timer when you change the RNG target.
The 1000 is for milliseconds I'm pretty sure. Not sure why it's always even, but could be due to rounding. This process is much like the earlier gens where you have to have super precise timing, so I'm not sure of a great tip to make it more consistent.

Really dumb question, but what's the EonTimer file I should be looking for in the .zip package? I'm used to just finding the .exe I'm looking for and running from there and the readme doesn't seem to be of much help either.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for double-posting (mods feel free to merge if appropriate) but I had two questions about Gen 7 RNG manipulation:
1) How consistent is delay across calibration and is it necessary to more accurately hit your frame(s)?
2) What's generally an acceptable frame range to search for? For context, I'm trying to RNG the Celebi Wondercard in Moon and am having difficulty finding lower frames (~50000 I think?). My last attempt was about 12 minutes, which I'm not totally adverse to, but the examples I've seen have tended to be somewhat quicker

Edit: Thanks, Tatertot!

Last edited:

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for double-posting (mods feel free to merge if appropriate) but I had two questions about Gen 7 RNG manipulation:
1) How consistent is delay across calibration and is it necessary to more accurately hit your frame(s)?
2) What's generally an acceptable frame range to search for? For context, I'm trying to RNG the Celebi Wondercard in Moon and am having difficulty finding lower frames (~50000 I think?). My last attempt was about 12 minutes, which I'm not totally adverse to, but the examples I've seen have tended to be somewhat quicker
1) Depends on what kind of RNG you’re taking about. If you’re using 3DSRNGTool, Events and Egg RNG have their delays already accounted for in the program, and they’re almost always stable. The delay for Stationaries and Wormhole Legends/UBs often needs calibrating because it depends on how far away your character is from the legend/what kind of step you take (also look into Timeline 2.0 if you’re doing Stationaries/Wormholes, it’s pretty much essential).
2) Totally personal preference. You can usually find a normal 5 IV spread with not longer than a 30 minute wait, but if you’re going for a funky Hidden Power spread you may have to wait a couple hours. If you really want to speed your wait up, here’s a guide on Timeleap, which essentially quadruples the rate at which frames go by. I’d try to get the hang of other Gen 7 RNG before attempting though, the terminology could be a little confusing. You can also always just set a timer and go do something else while you’re waiting, the wait time the program gives is pretty accurate.

Last edited:
Hello
Does anyone have any understanding of how egg rng works to some extent in BW2, yes I know you cant rng it, but like how do the pid frames and re seeding work, and do the pokemon running in the daycare advance pid frames etc

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Hello
Does anyone have any understanding of how egg rng works to some extent in BW2, yes I know you cant rng it, but like how do the pid frames and re seeding work, and do the pokemon running in the daycare advance pid frames etc
Better suited for here, but nonetheless...

You can read about the discovery starting here (lasts for a few posts). Basically everything is fixed for the first egg (except PID, tho think this wouldn't change the inheritance) because the game overwrites the new seed with the original one every time it boots. The pokemon running in the daycare shouldn't advance the PID frame because they're running in a fixed path. The WNPCs on the route, however, definitely will. With a bit of work, it's technically abusable; however, I don't think the process is very well documented as most people just don't bother. It's been a long time since that post was made, so it's possible there's more/better resources out there now. But that's as much as I know.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Hello
Just recently did 2 egg RNGs in BW2. Exhibit A & B. You might need the beta version of PokeFinder btw.
Here are the steps btw (to rephrase the one somebody at Discord sent to me):

Step 1: Put two Pokemon in daycare
Step 2: Run around until the daycare man calls you.
Step 3: Save inside the daycare.
Step 4: Find a seed you'd like to hit in Pokefinder.
Step 5: Hit your seed and verify by using either Chatots or save spinners (since PokeFinder doesn't have Chatot support yet for Gen 5, I have to switch to RNG Reporter from here)
Step 6: Go outside, reject the egg, bike around until you have a new egg.
Step 7: Nature, IVs, & ability (I think) is determined at this point, but not shiny-ness. So if you don't want shiny, receive egg now, it will be your egg.
Step 8: If you want a shiny, it is similar to BW1 Egg RNG, where you save next to guy, open menu as fast as you can to use chatots to verify you hit seed, then receive egg 1 frame before your target frame.

In my case however, for Step 8, I have to set the encounter type to "Gift Pokemon" in RNG Reporter to see which frame is/are shiny. My target was frame 126 which is a shiny frame, but I have to hit frame 119 to hit the target.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)