Other Metagames mood swings (an ag rmt)

dragonite drake

i go by zanglooser on ps
MOOD SWINGS

hi guys this is my first ag rmt, this team features moody spam, which is something exclusive to AG and is quite efficient and fun. i build this team after getting rekt by a fellow glalie spammer lance. I learned from him and build a similar team to his.
moody is an ability that raises a stat by +2 each turn and drops a stat -1, using to the atvantage glalie can spam protec and sub to get ideal boost and then sweep.

i started with 3 glalies as the main wincon of my team

then i added a cloyster since glalies work really well with tspikes(been able to stall stuff out and setup with more ease)

one of the best was to rek glalies is unaware mons, so i added mgar who can trap and remove both quag and clefable

i realised how much better a tspiker scolepede is so i changed cloyster to scolepede

i added lugia to phase stuff that setup on scolepede and to act as a n emergency check to setup sweepers, while also working quite well with tspikes

Roles of teammates

Glalie @ Leftovers
Ability: Moody
EVs: 208 HP / 48 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Substitute
- Frost Breath
- Taunt
this is the standard glalie set, the role of this to spam protect and sub until you get good boosts(like evasion, speed or even spa) while taunt is to stop phasing, haze, psong and other stuff that can ruin its setup.be sure to always taunt any potential phasers, like even ekiller and stuff, while try to setup sub on predicted switches/opposing setup rather then protect. wait until it gets evasion boosts and then when it is safe behind sub you can spam frost breath. frost breath is chosen over other ice moves because it always crits, hence breaking through spa lowered by moody, while also hitting through boosts of cm/ geo.

Glalie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Frost Breath
- Taunt
this is the same set as above, i am using more then one glalie because glalie is luck based and the more glalies you spam the more likely you are to get ideal boosts. a second glalie that is to essentially do the same things as the first one.

Glalie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Frost Breath
- Taunt
pretty much covered everything about glalie with the first 2 glalies.

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Endeavor
- Protect
- Baton Pass

this is a simple tspikes layer, and a suicide lead. try to use protect on stuff that outspeed you and can use taunt, and bp speed to glalie if it is possible, but use it mainly as a tspikes setter.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Sludge Wave
- Destiny Bond
- Protect
this mgar was added to remove threats to glalie, mainly unaware users, but also stuff like pogre,pdon and steelceus. try to use dbond on the biggest threat to your team rather then a not- so big threat. it can also use hex to get rid of weakened threats that are effected by tspikes. try to use this to remove as many threats as possible before going into glalie.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Roost
- Whirlwind
the role of this lugia is to phase stuff that setup on scolepede/mgar, while also manually poisoning in the case tspikes were removed by defog or the opposing mon is flying.Unlike the usual sets i am not running any speed because i rarely see any fast dons/ogre and isnt worth the bulk imo.
this thing can prevent tspikes from been set, and can switch into predicted taunts to rek glalie, while also walling lugia, the best thing to do vs this is to take it down with dbond from mgar, i had considered hp steel mgar but couldnt find a move slot for it, but you can run that too if this becomes too big of a threat.
while these 2 will die to mgar, they can force glalie to switch after glalie good its boosts,thanks to unaware ignoring all boosts.
thunder ignores evasion boost while this thing easily tanks anything glalie can do, however it can be toxic stalled if tspikes are on the field.freeze dry on one of the glalies is an option if this is too annoying.
priority users are a huge problem,as they can hit glalie hard before it subs /if sub break and kill it, however after a few def boosts it should be able to tank hits.
this thing is immune to frost breath and could pp stall glalie, and usually will have good form of hazard control, good thing these are rare.

conclusion:
Glalie is an underused mon in the tier, although it might be luck based spamming protects and sub makes it likely to get good boosts, and with tspikes support this team might become a torture to face against, as this team can win against most common teams given a good enough luck.
thanks for reading, please rate my team, feel free to leave suggestions to change stuff on this team., or to use this team.​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)