Team Monotype Winter Premier III - Week 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
Co-hosted with Omega-Xis

banner by Yours Truly

Week 6
Rules
Replay Thread
Records Spreadsheet
Usage Stats

vs.

Weaboo Wartortles (4) vs. Milk Bagged Miltanks (4)

SS: Kaguya Lys vs Gray
SS: Dieu Amphibien vs avarice
Bo3: yedla vs Roxiee
Threat: taide vs Chaitanya
AAA: Feitan the steam vs D2TheW
STAB: vivalospride vs Hys
LC: Crashy vs dahli
NatDex: adjustments vs Vodoom

vs.

Mossdeep Murkrows (5) vs. Inebriated Incineroars (3)

SS: Maki vs Conflux
SS: Sabella vs MetaRiolu7
Bo3: Star vs zugubu royale
Threat: TonyFlygon vs Derpeddeath
AAA: Yami vs aesf
STAB: Betathunder vs Plas
LC: Leru vs Confide
NatDex: Gondra vs Feliburn

vs.

Circhester Centiskorchers (5) vs. Tsundere Tsareenas (3)

SS: King Choco vs Bushtush
SS: Shiba vs North
Bo3: Trichotomy vs Isza
Threat: Nailec vs Jolly Togekiss ^-^
AAA: Fissure vs 1 True Lycan
STAB: Quantum Tesseract vs K3ppr
LC: Eternal Spirit vs tko
NatDex: Skysolo vs Maskun

vs.

Viridian Vivillons (4) vs. Po Town Pandas (4)

SS: gorex vs Splash
SS: Mateeus vs Sensei Axew
Bo3: kythr vs Floss
Threat: Decem vs Kev
AAA: The Number Man vs Catalystic
STAB: trash vs Sae
LC: Toadow vs EviGaro
NatDex: maroon vs Attribute

Monothreat is Fire!

/chall [user], gen8almostanyability @@@ sametypeclause, -Psychic Surge, -Triage, -Damp Rock, -Terrain Extender, +Buzzwole, -Smooth Rock, -Genesect
/challenge [user], gen8stabmons@@@sametypeclause, +Darmanitan-Galar, +Arena Trap, +Thundurus-base, -Damp Rock, -Smooth Rock, +Mamoswine, -Terrain Extender, -Magearna, -Blaziken, -Glacial Lance
/chall [user], gen8lc @@@ sametypeclause, +Vulpix-Alola, -Grookey

The deadline for Week 6 is: Sunday, January 10th @ 11:59 PM EST (GMT -5)!

Message me immediately if I made an oopsy anywhere pls and ty!

Last edited:

bea

I COULD BEA BANNED!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator
Alright, Time for another week of predictions
Week 5: 17/32 (53%)
Total: (53%)
Alright so I'm beating the ape atm so lets keep the streak up, this time I'll explain my predicts for SS Games
:Wartortle: 7-1 :Miltank:
SS: Kaguya Lys vs Gray idk much about Gray and SS Mono, while ik Kaguya Lys Plays More and should win this
SS: Dieu Amphibien vs avarice same as Kaguya V Gray but a bit more closer, but again dieu with more experience should take this
Bo3: yedla vs Roxiee I will almost never not bold for yelda, sorry roxiee tho
Threat: taide vs Chaitanya I'll go with the 5-0, however chait is freed from having to listen to seo so he should do as good as last week
AAA: Feitan the steam vs D2TheW
STAB: vivalospride vs Hys
LC: Crashy vs dahli
NatDex: adjustments vs Vodoom Free Nam Dex
:Murkrow: 4-4 :Incineroar:
SS: Maki vs Conflux I'll Root for Conflux over God Maki Chan and see if that works again
SS: Sabella vs MetaRiolu7 this just isn't metas game, and I dont wanna make the same mistake as last week
Bo3: Star vs zugubu royale I don't bold against zugu, however this is a fun game to watch
Threat: TonyFlygon vs Derpeddeath
AAA: Yami vs aesf
STAB: Betathunder vs Plas
LC: smub vs Confide
NatDex: Gondra vs Feliburn
:Centiskorch: 5-3 :Tsareena:
SS: King Choco vs Bushtush Winless Bush just isn't it, but he might finally break the curse
SS: Shiba vs North I think that Shiba the better player in SS Mono, however North won't make this easy
Bo3: Trichotomy vs Isza Again a great game to watch, however I'll edge isza because I like the way he plays
Threat: Nailec vs Jase Duken
AAA: Fissure vs 1 True Lycan
STAB: Quantum Tesseract vs K3ppr
LC: Eternal Spirit vs tko
NatDex: Skysolo vs Maskun
:Vivillon: 3-5 :Pangoro:
SS: gorex vs Splash idk if this is splash's tour but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if he won this
SS: Mateeus vs Sensei Axew the swap made this matchup way more sensei axew favored
Bo3: kythr vs Floss ah the MLT Runback, I think that floss will clutch a win here
Threat: Decem vs Kev
AAA: The Number Man vs Catalystic
STAB: trash vs Sae
LC: Toadow vs EviGaro
NatDex: Maroon vs Attribute Finally he's back to the tier that I will never not bold maroon against

Last edited:
Inspirations Fylkir and iKioi have stopped doing predicts, so I'll take their learnings and make my own out of boredom.

Mossdeep Murkrows (4) vs Inebriated Incineroars (4)

I personally think Murkrows already have a foot in the playoffs, however, this week will be make or break for both teams. If the Incineroars win, they look favorable to make playoffs with the defeated Miltanks in their last week and Murkrows will have a highlight series vs the Centiskorchers. If the Murkrows win, they should be guaranteed playoffs and Incineroars should be out. Murkrows should be favorites as the Incineroars have looked inconsistent in some blowout losses and wins. I do think Incineroars have quality players and could pull wins in almost all slots

SS: Maki vs Conflux - Conflux has usually been unlucky in team tours and you can never count out Maki in a bo1, however I think he knows what is at stake this week and will do his best to lead by example.
SS: Sabella vs MetaRiolu7 - SS slots are more or less trading wins, so this should be coinflip af. I think either player could win and it'll come down to the matchup but I'll bold Sabella because I still can't get over MR7's W2 game.
Bo3: Star vs zugubu royale - This matchup should give a good idea of who wins the series, Star has the better record but it's hard to doubt Zugu in a bo3. I'll pick Zugu for drama's sake.
Threat: TonyFlygon vs Derpeddeath - I haven't been a fan of this team's threat builds for a few weeks, w1 and 3 seemed bland and w2 seemed a bit too out there to work. Tony has shown he is competent in this tier.
AAA: Yami vs aesf - I feel like this slot is being foddered by the Krows but I think Yami is competent enough to put a decent performance, but aesf has shown his competence in this tier previously in this tour and I can't bold against him.
STAB: Betathunder vs Plas - Neither teams are especially stellar in this slot, but I have been more impressed with betathunder's builds.
LC: Leru vs Confide - Confide is one of the best in this slot in this tour and I will back him here.
NatDex: Gondra vs Feliburn - Gondra builds for himself and seems to have a good understanding of this tier. Having teamed with Feliburn before I know that he can pick up almost any build and perform with it. I'll back experience here.

Circhester Centiskorchers (5) vs. Tsundere Tsareenas (2)

Centiskorchers have surprised me and many others as a prospective 1st seed. They have dominated the traditional OM slots (except threat) and got a respectable number of wins in SS. Tsareenas seemed doomed after the disappearance of wanka and a disappointing start after 4 weeks. I am not aware of the impact North has made on that team, but their luck and results have improved tremendously. They might have been fortunate to beat the Vivillons last week however, the fact remains they beat the previous top seed and form team. The road to a comeback would be tough for them with the remaining games being the Centiskorchers and Pandas however, their upturn of results could have a drastic impact on other teams fighting for playoffs.

SS: King Choco vs Bushtush - As I previously mentioned SS slots are trading wins, and I believe Bush's luck will turn and get a win before the end of the tour. Both are great players, but I'll gamble on Bush here.
SS: Shiba vs North - Shiba's scouting and ability have been one of the best in this tier, with most of his wins being dominant. North will probably be a tough one to read, as he has shown his competence in previous mono team tours. I'll say Shiba's luck runs out and he faces an unfavorable matchup.
Bo3: Trichotomy vs Isza - Trich has shown his dominance in this tour and as has Isza. This really could go either way so a no predict is valid.
Threat: Nailec vs Jase Duken - I'm a bit surprised Nailec is no longer on LC however, this has notoriously been the Centiskorchers' worse slot. Not to blame basaninho but the builds seemed a bit odd from them. I'm genuinely unsure if Jase will play the game so I'll back Nailec.
AAA: Fissure vs 1 True Lycan - Lycan is a good player but Fissure who alongside taide and trash is probably the 3k of the tour. He's gotten good matchups, brought competent teams, and played his games admirably all tour long, hard to bet against him.
STAB: Quantum Tesseract vs K3ppr - Not sure I've ever seen K3kkr play STAB and I'm sure he'll come out with a decent showing but against one of the best in this slot this tour, I don't think it will be enough.
LC: Eternal Spirit vs tko - I think ES is the better player but both will bring competent builds so I think it'll be a close one.
NatDex: Skysolo vs Maskun - Maskun seems like a nice guy and is statistically the best player in this tier so far, but he's made some questionable plays that have been rewarded throughout this tour. Like his turn1 in week 1 and last turn in the last week. I think solo is a competent player and maskun's misplays get punished this week.

Viridian Vivillons (3) vs Po Town Pandas (5)

Tough duel here between the PR bottom seed and PR top seed, but make no mistake this should be a close affair. Both teams will be qualified if they win and a draw will an unsatisfactory result for both as they'd have to at least draw their last game. Besides STAB, the Pandas have not dominated any slot but have kept themselves competitive in almost every slot. Vivillons have shown similar proficiency, except Decem and trash who have more or less asserted themselves as the top dogs in bo3 and STAB respectively.

SS: gorex vs Splash - Hasn't been the best tour for Splash and gorex seems to keep thriving under Decem builds. I think this is a tossup, but I expect Splash to want to build on his win last week and try to get some form going into playoffs
SS: maroon vs Sensei Axew - Maroon represents experience and Sensei Axew the recency. Maroon has been having a pretty good tour so I'll back him.
Bo3: kythr vs Floss - Both have prepped b4 for each other and it should come down to the little things. I think alongside Decem, kythr is this team's best SS player however I am surprised they slotted him here. I'll back Floss's bo3 experience, luck, and will to avenge the MLT finals loss.
Threat: Decem vs Kev - I heard Toxanex was taking a break this week, but slotting Decem who was on fire in bo3? I expect both to bring competent builds and Kev to win thanks to his experience in the tier.
AAA: The Number Man vs Catalystic - Both have struggled for consistency this tour, but I'll back Catalystic's pedigree in this tier.
STAB: trash vs Sae - After beating QT in week 2 and following up with impressive wins, I think trash will sweep STAB until week 7. I wouldn't be surprised if Sae won, but the momentum is on trash's side.
LC: Toadow vs EviGaro - Both Pandas and Vivillons have lacked consistency in this tier. My main surprise is that after Riku Sakuraba's win, EviGaro is making her mono LC debut here. I see this as Pandas trialing EviGaro against a decent opponent before deciding on a final lineup for playoffs. I think the Pandas see it as a game they can afford to lose and I'll back that.
NatDex: Mateeus vs Attribute - Attribute's switch with Floss in bo3 and NatDex slots has had mixed results however, I think he is the clear favorite here. This is probably Mateeus' last chance to justify buying himself, before the playoffs. I hope he takes it and gives us a good game.

Last edited:
Week 6 is here! The regular season is almost over.

Week 5: 50% (12/24) Oof...
In total average = 53.33%

Weaboo Wartortles (5) vs. Milk Bagged Miltanks (3)

Since the Miltanks are out of playoffs contention, they can either not try hard and lose their games or screw over other teams to not reaching playoffs. This is one of the weeks Wartortles need to win to show they are worthy of playoffs. I do think Miltanks will try to escape with a win this week or next week to screw over a team's playoff chances.

SS: Kaguya Lys vs Gray - Gray is an okay battler, but Kaguya is the better player in this matchup.
SS: Dieu Amphibien vs avarice - FrogGod wins. Surprised to see Maki lose a 100-0 maybe Luckypiper should trust Dieu more...
Bo3: yedla vs Roxiee - Yo this bo3 spot is cursed for the Miltanks. While both yelda and roxiee are good battlers, I have a gut feeling Roxiee will win.
Threat: taide vs Chaitanya - I do think Chait is capable to break the 5-0 record from Taide, but Taide has shown proficiency in this tier with the support he has.
AAA: Feitan the steam vs D2TheW - D2 continues to disappoint in this tour. Feitan should win with his superb playing.
STAB: vivalospride vs Hys - Hys seems to get matchup'd or is playing not that well. I do think Vivalos is the better player here.
LC: Crashy vs dahli - Dahli wants to get a win after losing to Floss in a close one last week. Even though Crashy is a goat in this tier, I have a gut feeling dahli will win.
NatDex: adjustments vs Vodoom - Adjustments is a good battler, but I think Vodoom has more SM experience to likely get a win here unless Vodoom gets haxed.

Mossdeep Murkrows (6) vs. Inebriated Incineroars (2)

Both teams need to win here. As Kaguya said up above, a tie is okay, but a loss will crush potential playoff chances. For the Murkrows losing here is bad, but I'm pretty sure they just need to win one week to qualify. For the Incineroars, a loss will put them out of playoff contention, but a tie is a bit risky as they need to win the next week. However, the Incineroars already have a hard road as they need to win twice to potentially qualify for playoffs. For the Incineroars, this is their win or die week.

SS: Maki vs Conflux - Maki seems to be struggling this MWP. He seems to question what team to bring every week so it's a bit worrying. I do think Conflux's prep will give them a win this week.
SS: Sabella vs MetaRiolu7 - Sabella is on a win streak right now, and MR7 seems to be struggling right now. I think Sabella wins.
Bo3: Star vs zugubu royale - Star received his first loss last week to Yedla, but I do think he'll pick up a win against Zugu. Both are good players, but my gut feeling says Star should win. Zugu has continued to impress, but I think Murkrows will warn Star ahead of time of Zugu's cheese.
Threat: TonyFlygon vs Derpeddeath - I haven't seen Derp play before, so I think Tony should win this.
AAA: Yami vs aesf - While both lost I think aesf's experience in this tier will grant him/her a win.
STAB: Betathunder vs Plas - Betathunder's building makes me think he has a better shot of winning this week.
LC: Leru vs Confide - I do think Leru only subs himself out if their team loses the week. This means Leru wins if their team is winning the week. Also another gut feeling between two very good players.
NatDex: Gondra vs Feliburn - Both good players, but I think Gondra might have the better hold on this tier and meta.

Viridian Vivillons (3) vs. Po Town Pandas (5)

The Vivillons failed to clinch off a playoff win last week against the Tsareenas because they were unlucky. The Pandas won their week by beating the last place Miltanks. Both teams need a win to secure a playoff spot. A tie makes things tricky as it could potentially screw them over in the last week. This will be an exciting match between the two teams.

SS: gorex vs Splash - I do think Splash wants to end on a good note and win. Also Splash is the better player over gorex.
SS: maroon vs Sensei Axew - Maroon had an unfortunate last week, but maroon should be able to win because he's the better player.
Bo3: kythr vs Floss - My gut says Floss should win. While both are playing good, Floss might seem to understand this tier better than Kythr.
Threat: Decem vs Kev - Kev should win here through his experience, but Decem is no pushover with the amount of prepping he does.
AAA: The Number Man vs Catalystic - I think Catalystic wins here. Catalystic's building seems better to me.
STAB: trash vs Sae - Probably the highlight match. Both are great in this tier. I do think Trash should win, but Sae will give him trouble.
LC: Toadow vs EviGaro - Toadow hands down. I think Toadow will build much more better in this tier.
NatDex: Mateeus vs Attribute - Attribute had a horrible matchup last week, but if the matchup is not horrible Attribute should take this with ease. Mateeus is good, but he's up against a tough foe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)