Team Monotype Winter Premier III - Semifinals [Tiebreaker]

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
(Semifinals Tiebreaker Times) - all in EST
Bo3: Trichotomy vs Attribute - Wednesday 2pm
SS: Star vs kythr - Friday 1pm
SS: Shiba vs Floss - Friday 1pm
Threat: TonyFlygon vs ToxaNex - Friday 4pm
AAA: Fissure vs Sae - Friday 8-9pm
AAA: Sabella vs The Number Man - Not Scheduled (TBD)

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Looking back im definitely glad i ended up on this team because i think we have great team chemistry along with an active team cord and im glad it let us get this far as a team that ppl considered a lost cause after the draft ended. S/o to my teammates Mateeus gorex Bondie maroon kythr The Number Man dcae trash Fírnen ToxaNex Toadow, i had a ton of fun this tour whether it was playing, building, testing, or even just messing around in the team cord and talking about stuff or trying to bait people with dumbass copypastas. i will say that Mateeus u have a lot of potential as a player now that u've gotten a grip on ur composure in the spotlight in comparison to mpl and im glad uve improved a lot in that area. keep putting urself out there and ull go many places as both a player and a builder, and thank you for getting and putting me in the bo3 slot after i had an awful mpl. Thanks to people who we invited to help and chill as well Rotten EDIT: K3ppr Attitude adjuster TheCoastsOfToast Jolly Togekiss ^-^ Laroxyl Icemaster and the weebs, and the many people that helped me test over the weeks. thanks Ticken Omega-Xis for hosting, u guys did a wonderful job like all the other ones uve hosted. gz to the krows on advancing over us, admittedly not the cleanest tiebreaker but at the end of the day its the game we play and that's just how it is.

Last edited:
Now that our season is over, I want to use this post as a way to, primarily, thank all of my teammates and express some of my thoughts about this MWP overall. All good things come, unfortunately, to an end - and this time, I really wanted it to last more because these two months in this game were the ones I had the most fun overall ever since I created my PS account, but the Murkrows, unfortunately I say, deserve to continue. Managing in this competition was, honestly, an exhilarating experience after the bitter taste of that unsuccessful MPL attempt - from team preparation to getting nervous cheering the team up or just memeing around in our cord, it was a blast, and I would like to do it again in future occasions.

Decem bro you were nothing short of insane this MWP, man. You literally carried our SS building for the entire tournament, and had very solid showings in pretty much all of your games. You're also a really fun guy to chat with, and the main reason why our team chat stood afloat and alive. All in all, I do not ever regret the 35k dropped on you at the draft looking back at it; I can say you're even worth more than that if anything, for all of the reasons stated above. Would really like to team up with you for a third time if possible :heart:

ToxaNex our lord and savior in the threat slot, couldn't ask for someone better suited for it! I was honestly shocked by your knowledge of the monothreat metagames and by your strong will to win games both in the builder and at the live moment. Your takes back in the draft day were also crucial in the long run, so I really thank you for that as a friend :)

kythr once again we teamed, and just like in BLT, once again you amazed me with your playing. Despite not being thaaaat involved in the mono community, you really picked DLC2 SS Monotype ultra fast and could give us big wins in the SS and Bo3 slots that were crucial in building our path to the main stage. Like Decem, I would love to team up with you a third time, be it in Monotype tournaments or other tiers (if i shake off my laziness ofc ;w;)

maroon my fellow esteemed national dex monotype tl omg. At the very first day I thought you'd legit cancer the team LMAOOOOO I was almost trading you out, but (somehow) you believed and just went in on SS and NatDex prep. Jokes aside though, you were killer in the NatDex slot for the whole tournament, and I don't think I could have done the same if I started the weeks you did, so I am really grateful of what you've done. However, your taste in mons is still trash (cant get how the fk did u get 30+ votes for mega doom in the nat dex mono mascot poll LOL)

gorex aside from your good playing which led us to crucial early season wins, you're legit the most fun guy EVER to team up with for these sorts of tournaments, dude. Part of the fun I had was because of your memes / shitposting (I definitely won't forget the Fire Blast Garchomp copypasta for a while LMAO) that kept us with a laugh even when things weren't going in our favor. Hope we can meet in the same side again (preferably with Decem so we can keep bullying that fakeass fat asian :D)

The Number Man what a MAN you were in the AAA slot. We drafted you with the purpose of filling that hole we had in the slot, and you fulfilled that role really well, I would say. Greatly enjoyed our test games and I even learned something about the AAA jungle :P Would love to see you more in Monotype if possible.

trash you were probably the biggest wildcard in our team, if not in the whole tournament (definitely not trash, we could agree). STABmons was, at first glace, our weakest spot of the theoretical lineup, and boy you did cover it splendidly with a 7-1 despite being a mere 3k pick when it all started. Would sincerely like to thank you for the results and all the effort you put into this tournament and into a very unknown metagame.

Toadow my fellow partner of the "0-55" duo a certain someone mentioned in the draft day :D. I am really glad you could bounce back from that MPL performance with a great LC record, and hope you keep it up in future occasions because you deserve it from the effort you pumped in that slot.

dcae unfortunately you couldn't have a great tour around here, but I know you're a great player all around and you did help with the LC slot, mainly in that week where the package deal duo sealed a win against the Miltanks. Wish the best for you too :)

Fírnen even though you said you wanted to be benched the whole tournament because of your decreased activity, I was fondly surprised by your Mono OMs knowledge and willingness to help prepare the slots in most weeks. I think your support in these metagames made you definitely worth the buy in the end despite you only getting one game in the tournament.

Would like to give a shoutout to all the people that helped us in our discord with test games, team building, or just overall motivation support
Rotten Attitude adjuster Laroxyl The Consort bea LuckyPiper K3ppr yedla adjustments Roxiee Namranan Icemaster
(Please notify me if I forgot someone)

Bondie saving the best for last because you were amazing all season as a fellow manager, from draft planning to slot deciding. Your beforehand experience with managing in major team tournaments really made the difference in the decisions taken throughout the entire season, and I'm glad you were a person I could get in sync with as a managing partner. The work you pulled out in the four OM slots alongside our teammates was unreal, despite you having a ton of irl commitments in these two months. Overall, I really admire you as a long time contributor (boomer) of this community, and I would definitely look forward to manage a team with you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)