Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave / Sucker Punch

This was a really cool core to build around, amazing wallbreaking core that can threaten such a huge chunk of the metagame! Here's what I was able to come up with.

I kept your Hoopa set for the most part the same, but I added Focus Blast as opposed to Tbolt because you get better general coverage, especially against Steel and Normal. I also made it max speed so you sit at a somewhat more decent speed tier.

Crawdaunt I ended up changing to LO because, in short, its just a much better set to run. You're not choice locked, you're still absurdly string, and you can now run SD to maximize its already insane attack stat.

Tyranitar I felt would be the better Mega to use here, since with Sharpedo you stack a bit of an Electric weakness (its also more or less redundant with both it and Crawdaunt on the same team), and Houndoom would sorta be in the same lines as Hoopa as a Special Wallbreaker, which truthfully wasn't exactly needed. So, in short, I added an incredibly bulky late game sweeper.

Next I added Sableye for that oh so necessary Fighting Immunity. Thanks to priority WoW, it can shut down a lot of threatening Physical Attackers, and with Taunt it can slowly but steadily stall out walls and prevent them from recovering. It also prevents hazards from being set up if you send it in early.

Murkrow I gotta say is arguably the most fun part of the team. You asked for a Tailwind user, so you received! Thanks to Eviolite it is deceptively bulky, and with Prankster it can easily set up Tailwind, or fire priority Twaves to slow down opposing Pokemon.

The last slot really did have my head scratching, I really needed a lead, but I also had nothing for Fairy. So, in the end, I settled with a Lead Bisharp set. Thanks to Focus Sash it can act as an emergency check to stuff like Diancie, Gardevoir, opposing Hoopa-U, ect, and either go for a kill with Iron Head, Knock Off their items, paralyse them, set up hazards ASAP, ect, the scenarios vary greatly. You can run Sucker Punch over Twave if you'd like additional priority outside of Crawdaunt.

This was very fun to build around, and I'm pretty proud of how I made out! Here's a couple replays showcasing it in all of its glory:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-427794755
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-427285260

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
could someone make a Fire-monotype team with Mega Camerupt? that thing is hella strong but i can never get it to work. Set doesn't really matter, as I'm not sure what the best set would be in Monotype.. I assume the same as in RU?

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
Shadestep

Camerupt-Mega (M) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Ice / Ancient Power
- Toxic

Volcanion @ Air Balloon
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Sludge Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Def
- Grass Knot
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Mach Punch / Hidden Power Ice

Volcarona (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 48 HP / 200 Def / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Roost

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Torkoal (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: White Smoke
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume

So the first thing you probably notice on this team is that there is no sun setter. It's a team based around Mega Camerupt so obviously there's no Mega Charizard Y, and running Ninetales just for sun felt a bit forced. The Pokemon I chose instead play a much bigger role in dealing with the meta and as many threats as possible.

The first Pokemon and the Pokemon the team is built around is Mega Camerupt. The given Speed EVs are to outspeed Slowbro because Fire Blast + Earth Power does knock it out. For the third move slot I left it up to the user to choose between HP Ice and Ancient Power. HP Ice can catch Pokemon such as Garchomp and Zygarde on the switch, however if you don't catch them on the switch they outspeed and OHKO, which is why this move is optional and not mandatory. Ancient Power hits Charizard and Volcarona, however Volcanion and Rotom-H can deal with both pretty well. Toxic is the last move mainly for wearing down Mega Latias which is a huge threat to Fire-type teams.

Air Balloon Volcanion is a set that I got from a friend and it actually works pretty well. Two STAB moves, HP Grass for Water/Ground types and Sludge Wave for Fairy-types. Air Balloon allows it to switch in on stuff like Choice Band Excadrill locked into Earthquake, and the fact that it's not Choice Specs Volcanion allows it to play safer around Gastrodon / Seismitoad since it can switch moves. Basically its main role is in beating Ground, because a team without Mega Charizard Y does struggle with it, but it's also a Water switchin.

A mixed attacker in Infernape was my next choice because it's a pretty strong wallbreaker with Close Combat to heat Rock-types really hard as well as deal with Chansey which walls pretty much the entire team. Grass Knot hits fat Ground-types really hard, especially Water/Ground types which are threatening to Fire. Mach Punch can be used for STAB priority however HP Ice is another great option which deals with threats such as Garchomp and Landorus.

Volcarona was my next choice because Psychic is easily the most dominant type in the metagame right now and I wanted a Pokemon that can deal with it. It's a bulkier spread which lives V-Create from Choice Scarf Victini at full HP, which lets it set up another Quiver Dance and proceed to pretty much win the game.

Rotom-H is the Choice Scarf user of the team that can pivot around with Volt Switch and get momentum for stuff like Mega Camerupt to come in and wallbreak or get a kill. The main reason I went with this Pokemon is because with the absence of Mega Charizard Y I wanted as many Water checks as possible. The moves are pretty self explanatory, three STAB moves and HP Ice to hit the previously mentioned threats in Garchomp, as well as Dragonite.

Standard Torkoal set. It's main job is to set up Stealth Rock and keep Stealth Rock away from your side of the field. Lava Plume is its STAB move and nice for burn fishing. Yawn forces your opponent to either switch out or let his Pokemon go to sleep.

Requesting a balanced water team around sap sipper azu. I've seen it used effectively on stall and tried it out myself but i'm yet to see it used well on balanced water. Its the only counter that water has for breloom and water obviously appreciates the grass immunity. Swampert seemed like a great partner taking the role of the rocks setter and an electric immunity, but can be replaced if whoever reserves this feels there is a better partner.

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Toxic

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...
Requesting a balanced water team around sap sipper azu. I've seen it used effectively on stall and tried it out myself but i'm yet to see it used well on balanced water. Its the only counter that water has for breloom and water obviously appreciates the grass immunity. Swampert seemed like a great partner taking the role of the rocks setter and an electric immunity, but can be replaced if whoever reserves this feels there is a better partner.

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Toxic

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar
Have a team similar to this, reserved

I have a bit of an odd request. I'd like a monofire team built around Charizard, but with a catch - the team cannot include any legendaries (Edit: mythicals are actually allowed). It's for an event a few of my friends are doing next month where we are all "gym leaders".

Last edited:
I have a bit of an odd request. I'd like a monofire team built around Charizard, but with a catch - the team cannot include any legendaries (Edit: mythicals are actually allowed). It's for an event a few of my friends are doing next month where we are all "gym leaders".
Reserved

Seo.

Oberyn

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Toxic

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Steam Eruption
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earth Power

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Hey, sorry about how long this took. So basically i built a pretty standard water team, i started off the core with Mega Gyarados as its a great sweeper and it helps vs many types such as Psychic, Ghost, and Fire once it sets up. i then thought a hazard remover would be helpful esp Starmie since its speed is superb, and cripples Mega Venusaur which is a huge threat. I then went with Keldeo, i chose the Scarf set because while building this team i realized i lacked speed besides Starmie and Gyarados at +1. Lastly, i added Volcanion because its a great wallbreaker and helps vs Grass, and Steel. I tested out this team in tours and it was actually pretty successful, i forgot to save the replays tho so my bad. Im sorry this description is short, im on phone and its sorta hard to type so ya i hope u enjoy the team and if you have any questions shoot me a smogon pm

I would like to request a Fire team built around both Nasty Plot Infernape, and SD Fletchinder. Both of these mons are very prominent in Fire monotypes, and I like having multiple win conditions for my teams. I don't really care about any specific set for either Pokemon, as long as Fletch is SD and Ape is NP.

I would like to request a Fire team built around both Nasty Plot Infernape, and SD Fletchinder. Both of these mons are very prominent in Fire monotypes, and I like having multiple win conditions for my teams. I don't really care about any specific set for either Pokemon, as long as Fletch is SD and Ape is NP.
I can reserve this, sure.

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
I have tried and failed to use and build for water countless times so can I have a team built around this mega sharpedo set for water, thanks.

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Protect

H0W3AN
(I'll add sprites later)
Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Defog

Volcanion @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Glaciate

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Roost

This was what I was able to come up with for ya! For Infernape, I actually did a Lead Set, considering after a NP, it is able to punish stuff like Zapdos or Mew for taking away hazards. As for Fletchinder, I did the standard set, handy late game sweeper with nice priority Acrobatics. As for the rest of team, I added Mega Charizard Y as a Wallbreaker and Hazard removal, and Scarf Volcanion to help against Ground and Rock. with the ability to check both Azumarill and Mega Diancie. After that I added Scarf Victini to help check stuff like Gyarados and Keldeo with Bolt Strike, and Dragons/Landorus with Glaciate. Lastly I added Volcarona as a win con against Psychic teams, and general secondary late game sweeper.

dusk raimon
Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Defog
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Naughty Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Fang

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Energy Ball
- Scald
- Psychic
started with sharpedo as requested but i did change the nature to naughty as the speed boost from naive is pretty unnecessary
next up, i added what is in my opinion one of the best defensive cores water has to offer. as i decided not to run regular gyarados on this team, i lacked a ground immunity which made me very weak to stuff like excadrill, which is why i decided to go for rotom-w over lanturn. standard sets on both, empo takes care of setting up sr and removing hazards while rotom-w is just a great defensive pivot that complements empoleon really well.
finally, i added azumarill + keldeo as my primary wallbreakers that make cleaning with mega sharpedo a lot easier. both sets are pretty standard. manaphy acts as a secondary setup sweeper if mega sharpedo is unable to perform its roles. overall, manaphy is an extremely underrated wallbreaker that has the ability to break pretty much every defensive core in monotype
hope you like the team and hf!

Rage.Spam.Quit.

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Ice Fang
- Stone Edge

Bronzong @ Macho Brace
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Bullet Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

Jirachi @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Trick Room
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Iron Head

Aggron @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Ice Punch
- Head Smash
- Superpower

Heatran @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Eruption

Soon

Rage.Spam.Quit.

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Ice Fang
- Stone Edge

Bronzong @ Macho Brace
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Barbs
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Bullet Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off

Jirachi @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Trick Room
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Iron Head

Aggron @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Ice Punch
- Head Smash
- Superpower

Heatran @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Eruption

Soon
How to use: Never get above 1200 on the ladder and you'LL be fine

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
With the unbanning of many Pokemon in preparation for SuMo, I'd like to request a team consisting of two absolute beasts:

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch / Meteor Mash
- Earthquake / Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt / Earthquake / Hammer Arm / Grass Knot

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt / Energy Ball / Hidden Power Fire

Specs Hoopa-U is already a staple of so many Psychic teams, but it has never been paired with Mega Metagross. I would really love to see how this pairing could change matchups, and if as a pair they would be desired over utilizing options such as LO Hoopa-U or Mega Medicham.

Seo.

With the unbanning of many Pokemon in preparation for SuMo, I'd like to request a team consisting of two absolute beasts:

Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch / Meteor Mash
- Earthquake / Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt / Earthquake / Hammer Arm / Grass Knot

Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt / Energy Ball / Hidden Power Fire

Specs Hoopa-U is already a staple of so many Psychic teams, but it has never been paired with Mega Metagross. I would really love to see how this pairing could change matchups, and if as a pair they would be desired over utilizing options such as LO Hoopa-U or Mega Medicham.
Reserved

Hey, I'd like to request a team around these two:
@ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Taunt
- Defog

@ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Krookodile is a very strong hitter which, combined with Intimidate, can switch in easily on many attacks and continue on to deliver strong hits. Mandibuzz is a nice defogger that hits physical threats hard with Foul Play, which, when combined with Krookadile's intimidate, makes it very hard for physical threats to do well against this team. Thanks in advance!

Seo.

iLlama

Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch

Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Tailwind
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Blue Flare
- U-turn

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Hey broski, ok so this was a fun and op core to work around. For Metagross, Hammer Arm is to hit Chansey, Heatran, and other threats that resist ice/steel. I added Deoxys-Speed to lay hazards across the opposing field since this is a HO team its nice to get as much damage as possible. Victini is pretty straight forward, Just a must on basically every psychic team to help with threats like Scizor. Tailwind Latios is to increase the speed of this team for a bit since basically everything but Deoxys hits hard, a lot of damage can be done. But ya, i hope u like it famoso and if u have any questions shoot me a pm/vm

futuron

Banned deucer.
requesting a fun ho dark team based off a standard mon and a really cool mon that easily lures lots of threats with this particular set

Krookodile @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

standard set on standard mon

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse/Fire Blast

really fun set that lures in mons such as skarm, mandi, ferro (if fire blast), and other annoying physical walls. not sure what it can actually setup without completely giving away the set so fire blast is probably better over cm but just leaving it there because it can setup on switchins easily. pairs really well w/ hard hitters like craw (ex. i tbolt the mandi switchin then they switch to ttar and i go to craw-- free kill

looking for a fun ho team that can still be semi-viable in tours / ladder

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)