Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

Lucario is one of my favorite pokemon of all time and i think that it's a great boosting sweeper. I like the fighting type playstyle due to its offensive nature and if you really need it, change it to Nasty Plot even though i prefer Swords Dance but remember that i am an OU player and that i am used to SD so yeah, the NP set may be better but i don't really know so i'd just like if you built a team with Lucario, SD or NP, both are fine.

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
Requesting a Fighting type team with Lucario

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

Lucario is one of my favorite pokemon of all time and i think that it's a great boosting sweeper. I like the fighting type playstyle due to its offensive nature and if you really need it, change it to Nasty Plot even though i prefer Swords Dance but remember that i am an OU player and that i am used to SD so yeah, the NP set may be better but i don't really know so i'd just like if you built a team with Lucario, SD or NP, both are fine.
Reserved.

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
ericaroselia

Medicham-Mega (M) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Psycho Cut
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick

Breloom (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Cobalion @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Knock Off / Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

I went with Medicham as the mega evolution for this team just because I personally prefer it over Mega Gallade and Heracross due to its unmatched wallbreaking capabilities. The number of switchins to Mega Medicham isn't very high so I decided to take advantage of that and make it Adamant. I don't feel that it's necessary to Speed tie with base 100's because if they're max Speed they're pretty much always scarfed. Jolly outspeeds Kyurem-B and speed ties with Mega Charizard Y, however to a Fighting-type team, Kyurem-B isn't that threatening and Mega Charizard Y can be checked by Keldeo or Heracross. The moveset is pretty standard, I don't think an explanation for the moves is needed.

Breloom is the next Pokemon I decided to add to the team because of its access to Spore, Technician boosted Mach Punch and the pressure it applies to Water- and Ground-types. Focus Sash guarantees you get to fire off a Spore, Bullet Seed and Mach Punch are its two STAB moves and Rock Tomb hits Flying-types, also lowering their Speed and making them easier to revenge kill.

Cobalion is the Stealth Rock setter. Usually a bulky set is more common with mixed EVs and things like Thunder Wave or Taunt on it. However I'm a big fan of this set and I run it on almost all of my Fighting teams. A special attacking set catches people off guard because usually they expect it to be a physical attacker if anything. Hidden Power Ice hits things like Landorus and Gliscor very hard and Stone Edge is for things like Mega Charizard Y, Zapdos, Volcarona, basically Flying- and Bug-types.

I went with Keldeo as the special attacker of the team, because it's pretty much the best one and has a very good typing. Scald is a very spammable move because of its high chance to burn and Secret Sword is the other STAB move, not much to say about this. I went with Icy Wind + Hidden Power Electric over picking one and going with Hydro Pump as the last move, just because I feel both of these moves are important for the team. Icy Wind hits Dragon-types, but more importantly Latios and Latias, while Hidden Power Electric hits things like Slowbro and Gyarados.

The team was a bit slow so far so I added Heracross as the Choice Scarf user. It's a decent check to Psychic. I actually slashed Knock Off with Pursuit because the thing that threatens Choice Scarf Heracross on Psychic is Choice Scarf Victini, so after getting the drops from V-Create you can Pursuit trap it and have a much bigger chance of beating Psychic.

And last but not least is Lucario, the Pokemon this team was built around. In my mind Swords Dance actually is the superior set so no reason to change it to Nasty Plot. It's a fun Pokemon to use, can be a late game sweeper thanks to Extreme Speed which backs up its poor Speed, and most importantly it can check slower Fairy-types pretty well.

ericaroselia

Medicham-Mega (M) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Psycho Cut
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick

Breloom (M) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Cobalion @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Knock Off / Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

I went with Medicham as the mega evolution for this team just because I personally prefer it over Mega Gallade and Heracross due to its unmatched wallbreaking capabilities. The number of switchins to Mega Medicham isn't very high so I decided to take advantage of that and make it Adamant. I don't feel that it's necessary to Speed tie with base 100's because if they're max Speed they're pretty much always scarfed. Jolly outspeeds Kyurem-B and speed ties with Mega Charizard Y, however to a Fighting-type team, Kyurem-B isn't that threatening and Mega Charizard Y can be checked by Keldeo or Heracross. The moveset is pretty standard, I don't think an explanation for the moves is needed.

Breloom is the next Pokemon I decided to add to the team because of its access to Spore, Technician boosted Mach Punch and the pressure it applies to Water- and Ground-types. Focus Sash guarantees you get to fire off a Spore, Bullet Seed and Mach Punch are its two STAB moves and Rock Tomb hits Flying-types, also lowering their Speed and making them easier to revenge kill.

Cobalion is the Stealth Rock setter. Usually a bulky set is more common with mixed EVs and things like Thunder Wave or Taunt on it. However I'm a big fan of this set and I run it on almost all of my Fighting teams. A special attacking set catches people off guard because usually they expect it to be a physical attacker if anything. Hidden Power Ice hits things like Landorus and Gliscor very hard and Stone Edge is for things like Mega Charizard Y, Zapdos, Volcarona, basically Flying- and Bug-types.

I went with Keldeo as the special attacker of the team, because it's pretty much the best one and has a very good typing. Scald is a very spammable move because of its high chance to burn and Secret Sword is the other STAB move, not much to say about this. I went with Icy Wind + Hidden Power Electric over picking one and going with Hydro Pump as the last move, just because I feel both of these moves are important for the team. Icy Wind hits Dragon-types, but more importantly Latios and Latias, while Hidden Power Electric hits things like Slowbro and Gyarados.

The team was a bit slow so far so I added Heracross as the Choice Scarf user. It's a decent check to Psychic. I actually slashed Knock Off with Pursuit because the thing that threatens Choice Scarf Heracross on Psychic is Choice Scarf Victini, so after getting the drops from V-Create you can Pursuit trap it and have a much bigger chance of beating Psychic.

And last but not least is Lucario, the Pokemon this team was built around. In my mind Swords Dance actually is the superior set so no reason to change it to Nasty Plot. It's a fun Pokemon to use, can be a late game sweeper thanks to Extreme Speed which backs up its poor Speed, and most importantly it can check slower Fairy-types pretty well.

Cool, i got this team done quickly, thank you, the team is great! So, nice to see that Lucario's best set is SD and i've used that sp. based mixed cobalion set once, i find it fun except that it was on a steel team and it had Volt Switch > rocks since most pokemon on steel learn SR. Anyway, why Psycho Cut > ZHB on Medicham?

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
Cool, i got this team done quickly, thank you, the team is great! So, nice to see that Lucario's best set is SD and i've used that sp. based mixed cobalion set once, i find it fun except that it was on a steel team and it had Volt Switch > rocks since most pokemon on steel learn SR. Anyway, why Psycho Cut > ZHB on Medicham?
It's 100% accurate and you don't take damage from Rough Skin and Iron Barbs. You could change it to Zen Headbutt, it's not that big of a deal.

Requesting a semi-stall/bulky offense team around CM Slowking on water

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

It's evs are given to maximize physical bulk, with calm mind boosting its special bulk. At +1, it can check both mega venu and mega char y, and it serves as a nice wincon vs poison and a great set up sweeper in general. I've played around this mon a bit and i've found taunt keldeo to be a nice partner. It breaks through normal, the fat walls slowking isn't capable of hitting and checks the dark mons which threaten slowking. Feel free to mess with the set and evs

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. +1 248 HP / 8 SpD Slowking: 186-220 (47.3 - 55.9%) -- 22.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 0 SpA Slowking Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 96+ Def Mega Venusaur: 182-216 (50.1 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. +1 248 HP / 8 SpD Slowking: 158-188 (40.2 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 0 SpA Slowking Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 159-187 (53.5 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Requesting a semi-stall/bulky offense team around CM Slowking on water

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

It's evs are given to maximize physical bulk, with calm mind boosting its special bulk. At +1, it can check both mega venu and mega char y, and it serves as a nice wincon vs poison and a great set up sweeper in general. I've played around this mon a bit and i've found taunt keldeo to be a nice partner. It breaks through normal, the fat walls slowking isn't capable of hitting and checks the dark mons which threaten slowking. Feel free to mess with the set and evs

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. +1 248 HP / 8 SpD Slowking: 186-220 (47.3 - 55.9%) -- 22.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 0 SpA Slowking Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 96+ Def Mega Venusaur: 182-216 (50.1 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. +1 248 HP / 8 SpD Slowking: 158-188 (40.2 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 0 SpA Slowking Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 159-187 (53.5 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Reserving

requesting a sandless ground team (you can still use exca, just not hippo) around cropert
Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall / Earthquake

requesting a sandless ground team (you can still use exca, just not hippo) around cropert
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall / Earthquake
Reserved. On vaca, so I may take a few days to make an actual post for it. I have a pretty good team that uses mega pert :P

Reactions: 6ti
Or1hara Izaya

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 248 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 104 HP / 192 Def / 212 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Toxic
- Roar

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Taunt

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

So first things first, I decided to change the slowking to a spdef slowbro. Both pokemon end up having the exact same stats, but slowbro can get the surprise factor on people since they might be expecting a phys def version. Anyways, I wanted to support slowbro with keldeo since they can switch into each others' weaknesses (except electric/grass). Further, keldeo can sweep weakened teams pretty easily since it is a choice scarf variant. Initially I had it as a taunter like you suggested, but after the rest of the team was made I realised that the speed would be invaluable.

The third pokemon I really wanted was lanturn because a calm mind sweeper like slowbro really appreciates status removal. This way, slowbro can weaken its own counters and then proceed to sweep later.

Swampert was then added to provide a solid physical wall and to provide stealth rock. Toxic is there to whittle opposing walls and to ensure rocks against flying monos. After this I wanted a solid ground resist and gyarados was the best option imo.

Lastly, Crawdaunt was inserted because I desperately needed a wallbreaker. I have a lot of set up sweepers but I need something to just break through walls, and crawdaunt is one of the best in the game at that.

Slowbro will be your primary wincon in many matchups such as standard flying, fairy, and ground. Gyarados is a nice secondary wincon and keldeo is a nice revenge killer. I also like crawdaunt over azumarill because crawdaunt can weaken checks to gyarados which azumarill can't do (since the two of them have different checks and counters for the most part). Grass matchup is extremely difficult, but everything else is beatable.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-396996566 - vs Psychic. Crawdaunt puts in the work, doing well with t-wave support. Slowking vs jirachi would have been an excellent example of it weakening its own counters and then being healed back, but unfortunately he had wish :[.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-397024876 - vs Ground. Crawdaunt again proves its worth, with keldeo cleaning things up.

scp edit: It is on the hub!

Last edited by a moderator:
Requesting a Hyper Offense Grass team around Mega Sceptile and Shiftry. Feel free to change any sets if you feel necessary.

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Energy Ball
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Slide

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Requesting a Hyper Offense Grass team around Mega Sceptile and Shiftry. Feel free to change any sets if you feel necessary.

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Hasty Nature
- Energy Ball
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Slide
Let me see if I can work my magic. Always wanted to build around M-Scep. I've been pretty busy and I've kind've rusty so give me a few days to shake that off.

Reserved :)

Requesting a Psychic team using Reuniclus with either of these sets:

Reuniclus @ Leftovers / Colbur Berry (stop stuff like Bisharp from easily ending setup after a switch-in)
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast / Thunder Wave
or
Reuniclus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Reuniclus is a really cool Pokemon, but idk if it's worthwhile on a Psychic team since the pure Psychic typing is a letdown sometimes. Magic Guard is a fantastic ability though, letting it set up on tons of passive things, and you can really fit just about anything on a Psychic mono if you really wanted to, so I thought Reuniclus would be a fun idea. The CM set is sorta like Clefable, but with a cruddy typing. The TR set is just meant to sweep late-game, and it hits really hard with Life Orb. Adjust the sets to however you like, as long as the team as a Reuniclus on it, it's fine xp. Thanks to whoever grabs this.

Vid

Our life is what our thoughts make it
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Requesting a Psychic team using Reuniclus with either of these sets:

Reuniclus @ Leftovers / Colbur Berry (stop stuff like Bisharp from easily ending setup after a switch-in)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast / Thunder Wave
or
Reuniclus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Reuniclus is a really cool Pokemon, but idk if it's worthwhile on a Psychic team since the pure Psychic typing is a letdown sometimes. Magic Guard is a fantastic ability though, letting it set up on tons of passive things, and you can really fit just about anything on a Psychic mono if you really wanted to, so I thought Reuniclus would be a fun idea. The CM set is sorta like Clefable, but with a cruddy typing. The TR set is just meant to sweep late-game, and it hits really hard with Life Orb. Adjust the sets to however you like, as long as the team as a Reuniclus on it, it's fine xp. Thanks to whoever grabs this.
sure

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Viqilance

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake/Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Shiftry @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Defog

Roserade @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off
- Gyro Ball

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

So to start out I'd make a few recommendations for your initial core. EQ is something I'd strongly consider as it alleviates issues that Heatran can cause, especially a Scarfed variant. You do have Mach Punch on Breloom but that is NOT OHKOing. SD is also something on Shiftry that in practice with Grass in the past I just find absolutely unnecessary. A big reason you have it on the team is its ability to OHKO Victini on Psychic and Zard Y on Flying and Fire in tandem with Chlorophyll. Since you wanted a more offensively oriented Grass team, I thought I'd go ahead and use Roserade as your Spikes setter. It worked particularly well for me against Flying as it does quite nicely against a non-Scarfed Toge and decimates Skarm with HP Fire. Hazard stack greatly assists Grass as it has a plethora of fast mons and access to priority to wear the opposing team down and allow you to clean up. As such, I added Ferrothorn, and yes, while this takes away from the offensive nature it's one of the few things on Grass that can actually switch into an Ice Beam depending on what it's coming from. Whimsi is there for switchins to Draco and improving your matchup vs. Dragon. Breloom rounds out the team by giving you a great tool for dealing with Terrakion.

Storm Drain Crad was something I considered but it couldn't switch into Ice Attacks, Bullet Punches from Scizors and couldn't switch into Bug STAB at all and those were all things that at the end I felt helped the team. It does help against Flying and you can run a set like Curse/Rock Slide/EQ/Recover to aid you in your Flying matchup, just make sure any Toxic mon is dealt with first and you can win from there.

requesting a flying team around

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Keen Eye
Timid Nature
- Work Up
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost

kinda disappointing how one of the best mega options for mono normal reaches a 13.5% usage on mono flying. i've tried to make countless flying teams featuring mega-pidgeot yet almost everytime i notice myself wishing i had mega-gyarados or mega-charizard which is why i decided to request a team here. this set makes use of flying's excellent team support to find opportunities for mega-pidgeot to set up. hurricane + heat wave are mega-pidgeot's best coverage moves while roost makes it easier for it to set up. you can change the set if you want though. looking forward to the team and thanks to whoever decides to make it.

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...
Requesting a Balanced Psychic team around Boltbeam Mega Latias

Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

I have made a couple of teams around Boltbeam Mega Latias and some did turn out decent, but i do wanna see other ways to build around it. Thunderbolt + Ice Beam is a great combination, as it destroys flying and does great against many matchups. Calm Mind is to set up allowing the damage output done by the 2 attacks to increase and Roost is to basically regain HP allowing. Good luck to the builder, i cant wait to see the outcome.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Haze

Requesting a Flying team made around Articuno. I've been trying to build around this mon, but everytime I try to the team ends up not working out well in practice, but I really want to see Articuno work as it's a cool specially defensive wall with Haze to check threats like CM Clefable. Thanks in advance!

Articuno @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Haze

Requesting a Flying team made around Articuno. I've been trying to build around this mon, but everytime I try to the team ends up not working out well in practice, but I really want to see Articuno work as it's a cool specially defensive wall with Haze to check threats like CM Clefable. Thanks in advance!
I think I can hit you up with a good build of mine with this, reserved.

Also 6TI I'm posting yours tomorrow!

6TI

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 8 HP / 216 Atk / 104 SpA / 4 SpD / 176 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Earthquake
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard
- Superpower

Krookodile @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Torterra @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shell Armor
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Crunch / Superpower

Zygarde @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic / Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

I'll be totally honest, I thought this would be dead easy to do, since I already have an extremely successful Mega Swampert team. My original plan was to just swap out my weird set for your Cropert set....but then I read that you wanted sandless. As you can imagine that made my idea crumble xD. Anyways, this is what I was able to come up with.

The drive behind this was to lean towards a more bulky/HO Ground Build. Not using the best Lead/Defensive Wall on Ground nor the Best Sweeper in the game was pretty tough, especially since I was forced to use a (very) underwhelming Mega. Your Swampert is really the only "defensive switchin" on this team, and I say that with quotes because there are some pretty bulky mons on the team.

Swampert was the Mega of choice, with great bulk, a nice neutrality to Water, and relative ease to set up/an attack that has very little Pokemon that are actually immune to it, so 8 times out of 10, after a few Curses or so Waterfall will always pack a good enough punch.

Next, I added Mamoswine, whose naturally an awesome partner for Swampert, since it helps tremendously vs Grass and Dragon, as well as has access to amazing priority. I wanted to try something different here, and try out Freeze Dry Mamoswine. It's really fun, since it can 2KO both Rotom-Wash (if Physically Defensive) and Slowbro.

104 SpA Life Orb Mamoswine Freeze-Dry vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Rotom-W: 159-190 (52.4 - 62.7%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
112 SpA Life Orb Mamoswine Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowbro: 205-244 (52 - 61.9%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I was working very hard on his Evs to get the highest possible chance to 2KO both of these after leftovers recovery, and have enough speed to outpace Adamant Breloom and Bisharp. For the last slot, I used Superpower so you 2KO Chansey, and do a pretty good chunk of damage to P2 (plus, Krook has Knock Off, so I don't see much of a need for Mamo to have it as well).

Krookodile was (eventually) the lead I decided on. What's nice about it is it can function as an anti lead as well, and Intimidate (which really helps with the lack of a Physically Defensive Wall on the team). From there, the set's pretty basic.

It took me a little while to decide on who I wanted as a Scarfer, but, after some thinking I popped on Torterra. Despite the fact that he's pretty slow, its just enough to outspeed Keldeo, and any non Scarfed non Swift Swim Water Pokemon below Starmie, which is good enough for me! Wood Harmer hits tremendouly hard, and helps graciously against (as I said a second ago) Water, and Ground mirrors. Stone Edge is for that nice Rock Coverage, and allows it to hit Flying and Fire mons super effectively. Crunch was decided on over Superpower for additional coverage against Psychic, and I didn't like the fact that its locked into Superpower (especially since its not banded), and you're usually stuck having to switch it out afterwards. If you'd like though, Seed Bomb you can also pop on here if you're not crazy about Wood Hammer's recoil damage.

Zygarde's another underrated mon, but, trust me, he's a great late game cleaner! He gives us a third neutrality to Water, and a good check to Mega Charizard Y (whose especially threatening w/o Sand to hopefully lock it into Solar Beam). After a Dragon Dance or 2, without Ice Shard its gonna be pretty hard to stop this guy, especially since its pretty bulky, which makes it a lot more reliable.

I was desperately lacking a Special Attacker on the team, so, for the last slot I resorted to Landorus. With Sheer Force + LO, it's absurdly strong, and with its part Flying Typing, you have a 3rd Grass Neutrality (Along with Torterra and Zygarde), and a resistance to Fighting Attacks (especially w/o Excadrill/Hippo, Fighting is a bit of a rough matchup for this team). This is also why I have Psychic over Sludge Wave. Calm Mind allows it to easy break through even the peskiest of wall after 1 or 2 boosts. and makes it much more threatening.

Overall, this is definitely a challenge to build, but I had a blast working with it! I hope you enjoy it! :)

Cheryl.

Articuno @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Haze / Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Roost

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Roost

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 200 HP / 212 Def / 96 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 208 HP / 48 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower
- Dragon Dance

This was a team I built a little while back for the Monotype Teambuilding Competition. The core I was required to incorporate was Gliscor and Articuno, who make a great core naturally--Gliscor tanks Rock attacks/acts as a general Electric and Rock check (especially for Mega Diancie), and Articuno is a general Ice switchin, with the additional ability to threaten Water (most notably Gyarados and Swampert, 2 mons that tend to give Flying teams a hassle). For Gliscor, I went for the Stallbreaker set, because this is a Balance/Semi Stall Flying Team, it probably wouldn't be fun to get wrapped up in a Stall-Match. He's also a good switchin to sponge status once Toxic Orb is activated. Articuno, I changed out Heal Bell for Toxic because first off, I wanted a way to slowly but surely widdle down damage (hence Semi-Stall), and I didn't feel I needed it, since Gliscor's bulk is great all around, and can rather easy switch into anything to take status (not to mention, if you use Heal Bell, Gliscor loses its Toxic status, and if SR is up especially, Articuno can only switch so many times before getting too worn down). Haze helps especially with preventing the team from getting boosted on, which it's pretty susceptible to.

Next I added Charizard as my Mega, as it has that very keen ability in really keeping weather teams in check (most notably Sand and Rain). It also acts as a Special Wallbreaker and offensive Ice check. The set's pretty basic, but, nonetheless, he's fantastic, and I think fits like a puzzle piece.

After that, I added the infamous Skarm-Dos core. Skarmory is your hazard setter, as well as phazer. You could use Iron Head if you really wanted, but I don't see a need since Gliscor does a good job of checking Rock and most notably, Mega Diancie. It's also good to know this team is very Mega Medicham weak, hence why Brave Bird would probably be preferred. Zapdos is the team's hazard removal, and additional Electric switchin/check. I gave it Toxic as well so it isn't just Articuno spreading status (not to mention, Pressure Stall is pretty fun). Pretty basic from there.

Lastly, I added Dragonite, because I was lacking some sort of late-game sweeper. You could argue I could of probably added a Scarfer, but, the point of this team was to be filled with defensive pivots to switch into nearly anything, so I didn't think it was super necessary. Dragonite was chosen because of Multiscale, which on emergency can tank nearly any attack, and give it a pretty easy chance to sweep (I actually prefer this as opposed to Band, because once your +1, you're just as strong, and you're faster, with the loss of maybe 1 coverage attack). It also gives the team one of the best priority moves in the game, which is extremely nice for revenge kills. The last move slot, I have Superpower, noticing this team really hates Normal, so that's a way to threaten that.

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Claw

If you really want a Scarfer, Salamence can be used over Dragonite. While in this Gen, its definitely went down in viability, on this team he could actually be great, because its a fantastic cleaner. Especially once majority of the opposing team is worn down, it shouldn't be very hard at all to spam Outrage. As it gets more kills, thanks to Moxie, it gets increasingly threatening. If you were to replace Dragonite with anyone, I'd highly recommend him.

I hope you like the team! It's a pretty fun Semi-Stall team, and can really annoy opponents! Here's a quick replay showcasing it:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-382357259

Gonna request a team built around Critdra! Kingdra in general I feel is a little underrated especially this set, which once set up can basically guarantee spammable Sniper-boosted critical hits, making it a deadly wallbreaker. I paired it up with Mega Gyarados since it can seriously benefit from sweeping once said walls are annihilated! Here are the sets:

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Energy
- Surf
- Agility

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 88 HP / 224 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Ice Fang / Waterfall
- Taunt

Feel free to change Kindra's set, so long as it keeps the concept, however I would prefer Gyarados doesn't get changed.

As a side note, Ticken unfortunately quit PS!, if you would like to be a builder, you can apply by PMing me on PS! or Smogon (i.e. Talk about past tutoring/teambuilding experience, convince me as to why you should be a builder). Do not beg, or else you will not be considered!

Ok, I have a big announcement to make regarding this project.

I have made my decision, and I'd like to add not 1, not 2, but 3 builders to our team! Congrats to terrors, Zyo, and 6TI! I'm very excited to have you guys as builders.

2nd thing, we will be utilizing the Monotype Events room, and hosting a 1 Night Teambuilding Workshop event! For a couple hours we will be taking almost any request, and build teams (no worries, all teams will be saved here)! Each builder that take on individual request will also walk through their thought process behind teambuilding!

I am very excited for what we will be doing with the project, and hopefully jump start some activity again! The event is still being decided, but, tentatively this Sunday (I will make a notifications here if this changes).

requesting a core built around some very difficult to use pokemon (beware new builders, these pokemon are incredibly hard to work with and require a deep understanding of not only the current meta, but every meta before it to truly appreciate this core through the ages) This core has stumped lots of builders before but even though it requires great skill im specifically asking for one of the new builders to use it (or even all three since seeing 3 different teams made around this will be fun :d).

difficult core (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock / Defog / Spikes
- Brave Bird / Iron Head
- Roost
- Whirlwind

impossible core (Zapdos) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog / Filler from the last slot
- Discharge / Volt Switch
- Roost
- Heat Wave / Toxic / Hidden Power [Ice]

Yeah. Skarmdos. It does have a twist however, instead of the classic defense and special defense walls their roles have been kinda reversed. Specially defensive Skarmory is well, special. If your using defog you can replace one of Zapdos' moves or maybe hazard stack with spikes. The rest is standard. Physically defensive Zapdos comes with a 50% chance to meme on Mega Diancie and a money back guarantee. The set is also pretty standard. Hopefully this core works somehow :p. You can pretty much change anything except the general sense of the evs, Skarmory should still be SpDef and Zapdos should be Def :p gl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)