Monotype Teambuilding Competition V2 Cycle 16 - Infernape + Fletchinder [Voting Stage]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to Eien for winning this cycle!
Eien: 11
ChildofDisorder: 6
juleocesar: 6
dusk raimon: 7

I never find time or remember to do polls anymore, so i'm scrapping that
This week's type will be: Fire, and the pokemon will be...

Fletchinder, and...

Infernape!​
Building deadline: 10/28

Brb droppin' mah new mixtape

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast / Flare Blitz
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Mach Punch

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp / Swords Dance
- Overheat / Roost
- Tailwind

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Defog
- Solar Beam

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Glaciate
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock / Taunt
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Infernape
Infernape is used on this team as a sashed anti-lead, with the general anti-lead nape set. Fire Blast can be used to 1v1 Skarmory and then live to set rocks later, and also Mach Punch other Pokemon. Alternatively, Flare Blitz can be used to have Nape suicide itself and allow you a free safe switch, while also getting a large chunk of damage into something.

Note: Run Jolly 252Atk / 4SpD / 252Spe if using Flare Blitz over Fire Blast.

Fletchinder
Smogon Bird Jr. is instrumental to this team as its priority Tailwind support allows Charizard-Y to beat Mega Swampert and Heatran to beat Mega Diancie, two Pokemon who, when played right, can easily 1v6 Fire. For a more support-based set Will-O-Wisp can be run to cripple physically offensive Pokemon who may try to set up on Fletchinder, though Swords Dance is a viable option and makes Fletchinder extremely powerful. Overheat can be run on the more supportive variant to nuke some Pokemon who don't take much damage from Acrobatics, like Ferrothorn. Alternatively, Roost can be run to preserve Fletchinder a little bit, and mitigate potential rocks damage. Of course, Acrobatics is Fletchinder's best reliable STAB move, hitting a solid 110 base power with no item.

Mega Charizard-Y
Mega ZardY is instrumental to all Monotype Fire teams, and as such of course easily finds a spot on this team. Fire Blast is the go-to STAB for ZardY as it hits most Pokemon, even resistances, extremely hard under the sun, from drought. Focus Blast allows ZardY to hit Rock and Dark types like Tyranitar, who can take a Fire Blast. Defog is this team's answer to hazard removal, as this team is extremely vulnerable to Stealth Rock, like most Fire teams. Solar Beam is on the set to hit Water types in the sun for a decent chunk of damage.

Victini
Victini is arguably Monotype Fire's strongest physical attackers aside from Entei and Darmanitan, and with a Choice Scarf can outspeed a fair number of Pokemon. It's running its usual set on this team, without much to note. V-Create in the Sun hurts any Pokemon that doesn't quad resist it or have Flash Fire, Glaciate is used here for some speed control and also helps a little bit against Dragons. Bolt Strike is for coverage against Water, and U-Turn allows Victini to pivot out while dealing chip damage.

Volcarona
Having lost some usage since the release of Volcanion, Fire's greatest set-up sweeper still finds a home on this team as an additional answer to Dark and Rock types with its STAB Bug Buzz and Giga Drain, respectively. In addition, Giga Drain allows Volcarona some staying power as a reliable recovery move which does a decent amount of damage after one or two Quiver Dances. Lastly, Fiery Dance is used here as the STAB over Fire Blast simply for its amazing effect to raise Volcarona's Special Attack even higher. While I will not list it here, Fire Blast is an alternative if one wishes for straight power, though Volcarona doesn't really need it. The Lum Berry allows for a turn of set-up in the face of Thunder-Wave or Toxic.

Heatran
Lastly, but certainly not least, this lovable lava monster finds its way into the team's final slot as a solid answer to Mega Diancie, with its Air Balloon making it immune to Mega Diancie's Earth Power, and taking relatively little from a neutral-damage Diamond Storm. Stealth Rocks can be used if a second setter is desired and suicide Infernape is run, though Taunt is recommended to allow Heatran to cripple walls and force switches. Fire Blast is offensive Heatran's most reliable STAB, and Earth Power is a fantastic coverage move for it. As previously hinted at, Flash Cannon allows Heatran to handle Mega Diancie, a huge threat for Monotype Fire, and also gives it a solid STAB move to hit Rock types in general.

I'm swiping this from Eien because I thought it was a neat idea. (<3 you Eien.) I really had a blast building this team; for the longest time (probably since people started using it in Monotype), I've wanted to use Fletchinder on a Monotype Fire team. This competition alone has proved how useful it is as a Pokemon, considering it's only a Second-Stage Evolution with an extremely shallow movepool.

And while I know I shouted him out below, I want to thank Bondie for giving me the idea of Tailwind Fletchinder, by absolutely dominating me with it a while back.

BlackSchwan For general thoughts & opinions
Pokeboy890 For general thoughts & opinions
LLLBD For general thoughts & opinions
Misaka Mikoto For edits on Fletchinder's set
Bondie For edits on Infernape's set and various comments
Zarif For edits on Heatran's set
Dece1t For the Victini set (Don't be mad bby).

Hope it doesn't burn down the thread.

Last edited:
(Posting on behalf of Dece1t as he is saving his last few posts before his 1k post. Proof here.)

Volcanion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Water Absorb
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 48 SpA / 208 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Mach Punch

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Defog
- Roost

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Glaciate
- U-turn

This is a really good core 6ti, I've been using it on Fire teams that I build as it is! That makes my life a little easier in terms of teambuilding. Anyways, here's what I got for this one:

Choice Scarf Volcanion is who I added first, as it was a reliable means to alleviate the Ground matchup and Mega Diancie. The reason Modest is being ran is solely for more power, and w/o Timid it still outspeeds base 110 invested Pokemon, which was all I needed!

Fletchinder I'm running the standard set with WoW to make setting up a little easier for it. Once boosted it can actually surprisingly sweep rather easily--priority Acrobatics is no joke!

Infernape I decided to run a Mixed LO set, with HP Ice! This comes as a surprise to a lot of people, but it is able to reliably check Garchomp, Dragonite (given it isn't too worn to not take an ESpeed), and both Landorus forms (depending on scarf or not)! In general Infernape helps quite a bit against primarily Rock, where my team would otherwise struggle without it.

Heatran may seem like an odd set, but this is great for trapping Hazard Control Pokemon and taking care of them nice and easy, as well as put up a fight against opposing leads. This is considered the Stallbreaker set, which has proven to be extremely effective in battle!

Charizard was of course the Mega I ended up with, due to its sheer power and the fact that it would be my emergency hazard control if Heatran doesn't manage to stop hazard set up. Roost is given to it to increase longevity in the case that that happens and it gets too worn down.

Victini was the final Pokemon I decided on, and it acts as my Scarfer! Originally, I had Darmanitan due to the fact that its absurdly strong under the sun, but I eventually changed it since I realised I had no check to Gyarados. Surprisingly V-Create can still do a solid amount, with the opportunity to run extra coverage like Bolt Strike and Glaciate.

Note from Stun: Special thanks to ChildOfDisorder for posting for me!

Damn, I missed my chance. I would've posted my Platinum CCFi3 team if I'd known.

Partly because it has the same mons as the CCFi3 winner, I'll vote for ChildOfDisorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)