Project Monotype Secret Santa

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
Hi! Signups are closing in less than 24 hours. Please expect to be matched to a person whose core you'll build soon :blobnom:
However, some people haven't submitted their cores yet. Please do so before tomorrow because I'll have to remove you from the pool if you haven't requested the core yet :blobsad:

Last edited:

Neko

is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
As of now, I think I have sent everyone the core they have to build with. Please DM me ASAP if you haven't recieved your core (and I have done something wrong D:)

Please take note that the Building deadline is December 31 (GMT+8) and you will post the finished team here.

People that will be unable to post the team they built on or before the deadline will be blacklisted for next year's Secret Santa :blobnom:

Good luck and have fun

twinkay

tu solo me quieres en tu imaginacion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
merry christmas Bluxio
you asked for shell smash cloyster water, here's two teams in my builder that i've liked and spammed for a while with it

:slowbro: :toxapex: :swampert: :cloyster: :tapu-fini: :urshifu:
team
this is balance water ft. random shell smash cloyster. swampert pex is a pretty standard defensive core + slowbro as the ground immunity. cloyster + scarf fini make up somewhat for the lack of kyurem switch in and allow you to beat dragon, and band urshifu-r is the main wallbreaker for the team. you can probably change the pex moveset but toxic is a pretty nice surprise factor since it's relatively uncommon on pex. the team is pretty consistent, doesn't have any crazy matchups but you can win against pretty much anything.
replay
it got used once in mono invitational. it did lose to fire (lol) but to be fair the fire matchup isn't crazy since you only have one strong water stab and wyn could've won anyway if he rock blasted vs volcarona instead of shell smashing. either way, you can see some of the strengths of the team, particularly toxic pex and sash cloyster with defog support.
:qwilfish: :swampert: :cloyster: :tapu-fini: :urshifu: :gyarados:
team
ho water with qwilfish lead. qwilfish seemed like the best suicide lead since you want a healthy ground type and it can get a layer of spikes, prevent slower hazards, prevent hazard removal with explosion, and potentially trade with destiny bond. rindo pert allows you to kill electrics like koko / raichu-a while still being healthy enough to be useful, since you probably won't have much time to rack up leftovers. then you have 4 set up sweepers, including smash cloyster, cm fini, bu urshifu, and dd gyarados. gyara is nice as a ground immunity and is good in water, ground, electric, matchup. the lack of speed control is made up for somehwat by sash cloyster w ice shard and a bulky sweeper in tapu fini.
i don't have a replay with it (i'm too lazy to look for one) but this team did make jolly togekiss forfeit t1 in mlt

Fraolain

PERFECTION SPORTS
is a Tiering Contributor
wow, I'll be the second one to post !

The request was "Scarf Heatran in Fire" by Redgoop115 , and i'm decently happy with what I did. Merry christmas !

:heatran: :torkoal: :volcanion: :cinderace: :incineroar: :victini: (<----the team !!!!!)

Ok so, i haven't built or played fire much during SS since I don't like the type and believe it should be sent to hell (see here i made a very subtle pun because fire could be associated with hell...), but I still did something !

How I built:

:heatran:
I've never played or seen scarf heatran in fire before: i believe zard is a slightly better scarfer, but I guess heatran has Eruption at least.
I run epower as his basic coverage, but also dpulse to hit dragon types, and overall having a better mu vs dragon (i still think you lose anyway tho)

:heatran: :torkoal:
I then to add torkoal, which I think is a glue to every fire team.
It provides excellent utility in rocks, spin, and more importantly: sun!! which works perfectly with heatran here.
Yawn helps it become less passive and even more annoying to dealwith. overall it's a nice wall that should be in every fire team.
I think both heat rock and HDB could work on it, it's up to the player preference.

:heatran: :torkoal: :volcanion:
And then there's volcanion. another fire glue imo. The water immunity and just water coverage in general makes it a very cool addition to the team.
The set i chose to run here is made to annoy water with its steam eruptions, with epower for mons like pex and slusge wave for fini, and protect to make it last longer.
The spread here outspeed everything slower than no speed lando, and splited hp and spatk to give it some bulk while still being able to 2hko no spdef pex most of the time.
An option I also thought about was to give it air baloon, which could be a nice help vs ground, and in that case, run toxic>protect to help vs gastrodon.

:heatran: :torkoal: :volcanion: :cinderace:
Last glue mon. I always thought it was a very strong mon in general, improving your dark and rock MU + helping you destroy fire with more ease if you run Low Kick. I also thing Zen Headbutt is a nice option as it helps your poison matchup, and makes it easier to kill pex.
I run Low Kick and not HJK simply to avoid unnecessary 50/50 against steel's protect spam/aegi, and sableye in dark.
Sucker punch is also here to add a priority not only for the mon, but for the whole team as it's kind of slow.

:heatran: :torkoal: :volcanion: :cinderace: :incineroar:
Then I decided to add incineroar, which is also a mon that i like a lot.
It gives the team a nice ghost resist, but more importantly it acts as an amazing pivot, thanks to intimidate and parting shot. This will make it easier for Heatran to come in.
It also provides more utility for the team with knock off and Toxic. Drain punch is here to have a way to hit nasty plot hydreigon, which can be a huge threat to fire
It's a key mon (not klefki haha xd) in the ghost and psychic MU, and actually it's important in almost every MU ? It's just so good at pivoting and he looks hot.

:heatran: :torkoal: :volcanion: :cinderace: :incineroar: :victini:
Band Victini !! When searching for another mon that could abuse incineroar's pivoting capabilities along with heatran, it was the most obvious choice.
This little boy will completly destroy bulky types like poison or flying under sun. Bolt strike also add another way to hit water types like fini.
I think you could run scarf too to give some speed to the team, but here i chose band because it's funnier and synergizes more with the spirit of the team.

Conclusion:

so here's the complete team!! The biggest flaws I can think of is the lack of ground immunity if you don't run balloon volc. I never thought it was worth to play moltres or rotom-heat as one of them is quad weak to their most common coverage and the other struggle to even hit them, so I guess that just a fire problem.
+The team is also very slow, you can't even outspeed a dragapult ! But I guess that's the sacrifice to make when running scarf heatran instead of big boy zard.

This was really fun to do ! thanks for setting this up and happy halloween to everyone !! (also sorry for english errors/misspelling, french are the worst at those things...)

Last edited:

Neko

hi IceMaster-Mew , I'm your secret santa! You requested for Galarian Darmanitan, and I built a normal-looking team with it and a spicy (but very unreliable one). I hope you like the first team and have fun with the second one :blobuwu:

----- (the team)
----- (the meme team)

Tbh I really hate Ice in a sense that it wins vs my favorite types, is so frail, and its the type with Weavile (I hate it so much pls delete it). However, building these two teams made me feel a bit attached to Ice, mainly because its actually strong (wins vs the top types too), and Darmanitan-Galar is such a fun mon.

Building Process

For the Original team:

We start with Darmanitan-Galar, because that's the core you requested. I used a Choice Scarf on it because its Attack is more than enough to delete most Pokemon in the meta that aren't walls. Because of Choice Scarf, there really isn't a matchup where its a liability.

Since Darmanitan is quite slow even with a Choice Scarf, so I paired it with another Scarfer, Weavile. Weavile can clean up a lot of types after Darm and co. blast through them, but the notable ones are Flying, Rock, Ghost, Psychic, and Dragon. Ice Shard is there because I...really didn't have any other move to slot in, plus its a failsafe vs something like Dragon Dance Dragapult.

Since we're currently have the fast Pokemon covered by Weavile and Darmanitan, we have to get a mon that deals with fat. Kyurem fits the bill, from making Toxapex cry, to whittling down Steel's core, Sub-Roost is just that strong. 56 HP EVs allows it to outlast Seismic Toss users like Blissey, as they are unable to break your sub. Aside from breaking fat, Kyurem can drain the PP of slow but threatening Pokemon such as Gyro Ball Ferrothorn, Heavy Slam Celesteela, and Stone Edge Tyranitar, to name a few.

Ninetales-Alola has Aurora Veil, it prolongs the longevity of the team and makes Kyurem even more annoying to deal with. Encore is used to annoy hazard setters and setup sweepers, as they can take advantage of Ninetales.

Piloswine is our hazard setter, Volcarona and Blacephalon check, and Electric immunity. It's pretty tanky too because of the Eviolite boosts. 12 Atk EVs allow it to always OHKO Volcarona with Rock Slide, as it cannot OHKO you even at +2.

At first, I had Cloyster, but I swapped it to Avalugg because I thought hazard removal > hazard stack. Avalugg is a great mon- you can virtually win 1v1s vs. Swords Dance Scizor with this Iron Defense set, win vs Rock assuming you have removed Nihilego, and remove Close Combatters like Zeraora with it. Sturdy, in conjunction with Heavy-Duty Boots allows it to remove hazards at least once- or kill the offending Pokemon with Body Press. Here is a replay showing off the strength of Avalugg.

For the meme team:

Zen-Darm is fun. You can sometimes setup Substitute, as most people predict that it's choiced. Salac Berry + Zen mode allows it to be extremely fast, notably outspeeding Adamant Excadrill under Sand, and Regieleki.

However, Physical Walls like Slowbro give it trouble, so Rotom-Frost was added. Rotom-Frost also breaks down slower teams such as Poison, and Ice-Electric coverage makes it hit almost everyone.

We still need a Volcarona / Fire check, so DD Kyurem was added. The EV spread makes it hit 424 speed at +1 (outspeeding Zeraora), the bulk makes it sure that it doesn't die to Dragapult's Dragon Darts or Draco Meteor, gets 5HKO'ed by Celesteela's Heavy Slam under Aurora Veil, and lives anything Volcarona does at +1.

To setup safely, screens are still needed. Freeze dry is now more important because Kyurem isn't running a SubRoost set.

We still need a hazards setter, and without removal, we have to somehow deny Stealth Rocks and Sticky Webs (which hamper Zen Darm). Ghost-typing also helps so that Zeraora just doesnt Close Combat us to death....

Weavile is the best revenge killer and cleaner on Ice teams. I hate this guy. The biggest flaw on this meme team is that 1.) its a meme, 2.) no ground-type means you have to be very aggressive in Electric mu, 3.) There really isnt a Scizor check here (though +2 Rotom does OHKO with Tbolt, while Scizor fails to OHKO it), 4.) Rock, Fighting, Fire, Water Matchups are pretty hard due to the lack of Bulky Kyurem, and 5.) Speed control only being Weavile is pretty rough, as this team is even technically slower than the first one.

That's all, I hope everyone enjoys Secret Santa (so that it would be a thing next year, perhaps?) :blobnom:

Last edited:

sasha

one eyed owl
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Merry Christmas (or happy holidays) fish sticks cat! You requested a Curselax Mono Normal team, which was fun to build with. You had mentioned in your message that you were also ok with a different Snorlax set so I made two teams, one being a pretty standard team and the other being kind of a meme. (click on the sprites below for the paste!!)

:snorlax: :indeedee-f: :heliolisk: :diggersby: :blissey: :braviary:
Started off with the standard curselax set. I imported the Smogon analysis spread which I think is pretty dated so you can opt to go for max-max HP/Defense on Snorlax. I added Indeedee as a scarfer because while it is slow as a scarfer, being able to click Expanding Force freely on things you force out like Tapu Koko for example is really nice. Its main niche is being able to Healing Wish for Snorlax late game if its already chipped and you can use it later on as a wincon and need it healthy. Heliolisk is there to help you with the water/flying mu. It's boots because I think it's pretty strong against the types it needs to check, so if you are continuously taking hazard damage upon bringing it in it loses its pressure pretty quickly. You can choose to use Choice Specs however if you want. Diggersby is the main breaker of the team, making progress against bulkier Pokemon like Toxapex and Skarmory with Knock Off and the rest of its moves are strong coverage. Fire Punch is mainly for Ferrothorn however, if you find yourself not having an issue with it, you can opt for U-turn in that slot instead. Blissey and Braviary are your standard defensive backbones for Normal, which provide Stealth Rocks and Defog respectively. This team struggles with Dragonite and just fighting coverage in general but I think that's always going to be an issue with Normal. You could run T-wave on Blissey to catch out Dragonite if you want as well. I tested this team against some MWP helpers in my server so I think this one is actually alright to use.

:snorlax: :indeedee: :heliolisk: :blissey: :braviary: :miltank:
Now for the meme team. While I was building, I wanted to also use Choice Band Snorlax, because it seemed really fun. So this team is essentially the first one with a few changes. I changed Indeedee-F to male Indeedee because it has more breaking potential. The drawback is that it doesn't get Healing Wish, so we need it on Blissey. Heliolisk is Choice Specs this time around for easier breaking power since Diggersby is no longer on this team. Same concept as before with Blissey and Braviary as well. Miltank is there to cover your rocks since Blissey can't run it as I favor Healing Wish over Rocks with Bandlax. You also just need Rocks for sure so Snorlax and Heliolisk are breaking easier. Miltank seems like a fun mon to use in general as well. You could opt for Toxic > Heal Bell on it too if you desire so it's not as passive. If you find that you don't really need Indeedee with Scarf, you could also add this Diggersby set as a wincon in the endgame. I didn't test this one at all so hopefully it's a fun gimmick to use!

I had more of a hard time building with Normal so I apologize if the team sucks, but I did have a lot of fun building this, it was a cool concept. Again, happy holidays to you!

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Merry Christmas, tMoi! For your request of balanced flying of flying with meteor beam Celesteela I chose to use Skarmory alongside it to make up for the defensive presence u lose by not making cells defensive. I made it centered around spikes stack because celes would like the chip to sweep.
:ss/celesteela: :ss/skarmory: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/tornadus-therian: :ss/mantine: :ss/thundurus:

Skarmory has safety goggles so that amoonguss can't spore u and u don't take chip from hail. I thought it was cool bc the team kinda revolves around Skarmory setting spikes and progress being made off of that. matinee is needed to not lose to rain and doesn't have defog because I felt like defog on a spikes stack team is contradictory. instead u have mirror coat to punish random stuff like Rotom w and Tapu Fini. torn t is the breaker on this team and I felt its natural speed makes it better than gmoltres here for dragon specifically. you can run focus blast over knock off on it if u want something that's directly better against Hydreigon and steel but knock off is for stuff like nihilego, Aegislash, glowking, and heatran long term. removing leftovers on heatran means u can beat it now through rocks/spikes which is hella nice. Torn t's EV spread allows it to always live a v create from Victini at full which lets u click knock off against it without risk early game. The last member of the team is thundy, which has defiant to punish defoggers and intimidate users. since this is spikes stack, I thought a defiant pokemon would be cool, and thundy was the first one that came to mind because its good in the mirror and water which u struggle with otherwise without it. It has psychic to break poison/hit amoonguss. I hope u enjoy the team!

Importable: https://pokepast.es/f8fa89d2661e796d

The meme team is HO flying. It's not that good tho: https://pokepast.es/30d65f8eb36bd260

Last edited:
sorry i have terrible teambuilding skills but i made this regidrago team for baker's suboptimal, who requested it.
its not that good but i could keep on 1500s which is my avg elo with it
https://pokepast.es/0d1d24a289ee0964

:ss/regidrago: :ss/dragalge: :ss/kyurem: :ss/garchomp: :ss/latias: :ss/dragonite:

:regidrago:
Regidrago needs scarf to keep dragon energy bp. It works as a special breaker in this team and it can 2hko even specially defensive toxapex (idk who would run specially defensive toxa when pert and the two slowkings are there, but ok) and has a favorable roll to ohko defensive hippo (252 SpA Dragon's Maw Regidrago Dragon Energy (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon: 400-472 (95.2 - 112.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO). It has draco meteor there to use when regidrago is low hp and two fillers which are dragon pulse and ancient power because it got nothing else, really.

:dragalge:
Dragalge is only there to take special hits. A scarf lele moonblast only does around 30% to it and it forces lele to switch, which stops a sweep. I decided to go for toxic instead of toxic spikes so you can toxic what's infront of you, plus you are able to toxic birbs. You can go for toxic spikes to chip some teams without needing dragalge to be outside because the team lacks set up, so some chip is appreciated. Haze to stop set up sweepers as there's no way to stop them with this and flip turn for nice pivoting. You can also choose to use protect so it has better recovery with black sludge

:kyurem:
Kyurem is your speed control (regidrago doesn't count, it's extremely slow). Although it's not very fast even with scarf, it can (maybe) sweep ice and (ocasionally) fairy with flash cannon. Earth power is for the great ground coverage and stab in draco meteor for inmediate power and freeze dry for waters and grounds, types which the rest of the team struggle to break.

:garchomp:
Garchomp is your rock setter because as I said, chip is appreciated by the rest of the team, and stealth rock is far more reliable than toxic spikes which are denied by three types, two of them being incredibly common. Dragon tail is a great tool to slowly chip opposing pokemon and bothers... everyone but specially pokemon which can't reliably recover such as Landorus-T or Celesteela, the last being a huge problem because there's no good way of killing it apart from trying with dnite. There's also earthquake for stab and toxic to have a chance to break some walls when you have no other options. Flamethrower is an option for skarm, but a kyurem freeze dry is alrdy dealing huge damage to it. Speed EVs allow chomp to outspeed nidoking and the rest goes to bulk. Helmet is a free rough skin added to the natural rough skin, although lefties are a great option too.

:latias:
Latias is a defogger which provides healing wish support, which can help Dragonite have a second chance to try to sweep by restoring multiscale, Regidrago by restoring it to full health and also restoring dragon energy's huge damage and dragalge since this one has no other recovery than lefties. Roost is useful for recovery and psyshock for a way to deal damage. Btw I went for lefties instead of boots because latias only suffers from stealth rock, which is common, yeah, but two turns of lefties deny rocks damage and I think that recovery without having to spend a turn is nice to have.

:dragonite:
At last, Dragonite. It works as a set up sweeper, the only one in the team. The dragon dance set is perfect for me as it's sure it'll get +1 because of multiscale. It runs double coverage because its the only thing that saves you from being eaten alive by steel, adamant to maximize fire punch damage to ferrothorn and more important, steel birds, at the cost of not being able to outspeed dragapult and zeraora at +1. My advice is to not mind getting greedy and try to get +2 or even more, it'll be way easier to sweep without having to spend 85 fire punchs on a skarmory who doesn't want to die. and stab dragon claw for nice neutral damage on everything that's not steel or fairy. You can choose to run outrage to deal HUGE instead of just nice amount of damage.

overall, it struggles to break steel birds and steel types in general,and has almost no chance against fairy but you can easily pick up ko's with regidrago, dragonite and kyurem

Merry christmas everybody, specially to you, baker's suboptimal, and I hope you have fun and that this team works for you!!
Sorry if the team ends up sucking, dragon's not my thing,
Sorry for any spelling/grammar/anything mistake I've made, I'm still trying to learn english, and i'd like someone to point me out my mistakes (by PM please, I don't want to flood this)

Last edited:
Merry Christmas to AtraX Madara and roxiee to a lesser extent:
:ss/volcanion: :ss/slowbro: :ss/Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: :ss/swampert: :ss/crawdaunt: :ss/tapu-fini:
Volcanion @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower

Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Teleport
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Slack Off

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- U-turn

Swampert @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Flip Turn
- Stealth Rock
- Mirror Coat

Crawdaunt @ Mystic Water
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf/Trick
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam
- Defog
Been a while since I've made a team, but here goes with an offensive water team based around the ugliest legendary there is. Volcanion is the main piece, its role being a strong special wallbreaker and an absolute demon for steel to deal with, esp when behind a sub. Slowbro is a tremendous defensive pivot, and future sight can be used to threaten/force poison types out while also spamming broken ass teleport. Shifu is pretty self explanatory, shit is strong af and is especially great when paired with teleport bro. Swampert is the usual spdef pivot, with rindo + mirror coat providing an element of surprise, being able to take on/force out grass knot Thundy T. Daunt is your set-up sweeper, and is lethal af after an SD, being able to break through most walls in the metagame through knock off/crabhammer, with aqua jet for priority. Tapu fini is your speed control and hazard removal. I personally like having a water STAB, but trick can be run over that for extra insurance vs poison and the like.

Merry Christmas MurderousMantyke, I'm your Secret Santa!
You asked for a Balanced Dark with Roseli Berry Zarude, so here it is.
:ss/Zarude: :ss/Tyranitar: :ss/Sableye: :ss/Weavile: :bw/hydreigon: :bw/mandibuzz:
Monke (Zarude) @ Roseli Berry
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Power Whip
- Jungle Healing

The Hobbit (Sableye) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Encore
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp

Bonekeeper (Mandibuzz) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Foul Play

Twinkletoes (Weavile) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

The Rock (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Heavy Slam

Cerberus (Hydreigon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
Here is also the first draft i made for this team.

Teambuilding process :
:zarude:
The first Pokemon is the requested one, Bulk Up Zarude with Roseli Berry.
Pretty basic set with Power Whip and Drain Punch. Darkest Lariat is a good move but Drain Punch is just better. The guy can beat Water and Steel pretty easily, it can help with Fairy MU and it can be just a good win condition overall.
Jungle Healing is there just als recovery move, since it can also heal you from burn and avoid to be worn down with Toxic, Synthesis could be an option but then you have to be more careful.

:tyranitar:
He is our rock, which is both a special wall and a rock setter + it helps a lot with the fairy mu. Heavy Slam deals much damage to fairies, while 128 EVs in SpDef avoid you to be 2hkoed by Koko Specs Dazzling Gleam and u can also take a Focus Blast from Scarf Lele.

:sableye:
Here is the most annoying Pokemon of the team, our physical wall which can lock setup sweepers with Encore and could allow you to switch into Weavile to get some strong Knock Off's, or to Zarude / Hydreigon to Set-up by yourself. The rest is really standard with WoW to burn physical attackers and Knock Off which is always helpful. You could run Taunt instead of Encore and Foul Play instead of Knock Off. Classical 4 EVs in Speed to outspeed others Sableye.

:weavile:
Weavile is here to help with Dragon and Ice MU'S and Poison Jab does great with Fairy matchup while you should be able to beat Ground and Grass pretty easily.
You could try Low Kick instead of Poison Jab to beat Steel more easily, but with Zarude and Hydreigon i'm not sure if you really want it.

:hydreigon:
Here is a second setup sweeper of the team. He is the special wallbreaker and can win some mu's pretty easily, like dark or water once Fini is gone. 48 EVs in HP are there to allow you put a Substitute on a burned Celesteela. Dark Pulse and Flamethrower allow you to destroy Steel and can hit pretty much everything beside Tapu Fini. Another option could be a Choice Specs but i actually prefer Sub + NP since i think it can bring more wins.

:mandibuzz:
The bird is our last mon, he is the hazard removal and. It is annoying for physical setup sweepers and can switch on pretty much every physical move and pivot out. Toxic insted of U-turn might be an option, but i prefer U-turn since it allows you to pivot out and create chances to set up with Zarude or Hydreigon.

The team should work pretty fine, i tested it on an alt and made 25 games which aren't too much but i think are quite enough to understand if a team works fine. I also made 5-6 games on my main at 1650 and won pretty much all of them. I think it is pretty good and i hope you will enjoy it!

I also made a gimmick team since you know i like those funny things, so i late it here.
I also wanted to thank Conartistry for the tips and advice on Dark teams!

Last edited:
Hey, SuperDragonite, I made two teams around your request, archeops flying, one balanced and another HO.

:archeops: :landorus-therian: :mantine: :celesteela: :zapdos: :moltres-galar:

https://pokepast.es/6bd9fea956f8f280

Archeops has a great speed tier and access to both u-turn and switcheroo so I figured it could work decently as a scarfer. I think gravity landorus-t is good here because it breaks fat cores archeops can't do much against like steel and poison. Mantine is needed for water and hazard removal. Celesteela has both heavy slam and flash cannon to not get pp stalled by kyurem. Sub tox zapdos is great for water and mirror MU. Finally I added moltres-g because its a great breaker overall, although hurricane isn't reliable I think this team needs it for dragon.

:archeops: :zapdos-galar: :xatu: :thundurus-therian: :celesteela: :dragonite:

https://pokepast.es/89b674db09e7307e

Archeops also works as a suicide lead, it notably has access to endeavor, while aerodactyl doesn't. Screens Xatu seems fun so I wanted to try it. Zapdos-Galar punishes defog and helps with Steel MU. Thundurus-T is carrying magnet to 2HKO Slowking-Galar after one nasty plot and rocks dmg. Both Celesteela and Dragonite offer key resistances and threaten to sweep late game.

Hope you have fun with them and Merry christmas!

MurderousMantyke

What sʇᴉɯᴉ⅂?
Fraolain, its time to make your dreams come true! I present a team built around the set only spoken of in legend-- until now: Dragon Dance Hydreigon.

TEAMBUILDING

:hydreigon: :moltres-galar:
Looking at Hydreigon's physical movepool, one thing that stood out to me was Earthquake. I decided to make the Dragon Dance set bait in and destroy Heatran, which is both it and Galarian Moltres' best check on mono steel.

:grimmsnarl:
With two team members heavily reliant on setup, Grimmsnarl is a natural pairing. This means that the dark team will lean more towards Hyper Offense than Balance.
:zarude-dada:
Love this mon. I decided to go with a scarf set for speed control, allowing us to revenge kill threats like Scarf Excadrill and Tapu Lele (the latter needs a bit of prior chip). It's typing and strong stabs also prevent us from outright losing to Tapu Fini and other bulky water types. Also look at that cape man, how can you NOT use it.

:bisharp:
Since Hydreigon isnt sub nasty plot, the team will struggle with breaking through defensive mons like Corviknight and Physically Defensive Toxapex, especially since Zarude isn't a Bulk Up set. To partly remedy this, I added SD Bisharp to threaten such mons with a boosted Knock off. It also provides useful priority with Sucker Punch, and Defiant deters opposing teams from defogging away Grimm's screens.

:tyranitar:
Tyranitar is a staple on Dark, and for good reason. With a Choice Band equipped, Tyranitar can nuke shared checks with Bisharp, making it easier for teammates like Zarude to break through. The team lacked immediate power, which is why I chose Band over something like Dragon Dance.

MOVESETS
1640133142542.png

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Earthquake is the most notable move here, allowing Hydreigon to destroy unsuspecting Heatran, helping Galarian Moltres tremendously. I went with sub to bluff sub nasty plot (if you dd as they swap to Heatran then the gig's up). Outrage is Dragon Stab, hitting potential switch-ins like Mantine. Try not to reveal your set too early (as with any gimmick), and strike when the time is right.

1640133531493.png

Moltres-Galar @ Leftovers
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Fiery Wrath
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot

Classic Galarian Moltres doing broken Galarian Moltres things. Sub over taunt since it makes it harder to revenge kill it, especially since common Hazers like Mantine and Toxapex are pressured by Bisharp + Tyranitar. Air slash since Hurricane is 70% accuracy (that's a C- bro), and if you're in a tough spot just flinch them lol.

1640133881171.png

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
- Spirit Break

Dual screens to make the other team members unkillable. Grimm is specially defensive so you can more easily Taunt Volcarona and revenge kill it, it also makes up for Tyranitar not being specially defensive. Taunt over Thunder Wave since the team has two solid means of speed control and denying opposing setup/recovery is always valuable.

1640133110847.png

Zarude-Dada @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Scarf Zarude for solid speed control thanks to its speed tier and coverage. Power whip threatens bulky water types like Tapu fini, Rock Slide is invaluable for revenge killing +1 Volcarona, Close combat hits Steel types such as Ferrothorn and Bisharp. U-turn allows Zarude to pivot on defensive mons and bring in the breakers like Tyranitar, or create setup opportunities for Galarian Moltres.

1640134595197.png
Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Bisharp is here to threaten defensive cores as well as offer useful priority in Sucker Punch. Very standard set here, Swords dance boosts its Attack, and Black glasses boosted Knock off/Sucker just tear through teams. Iron head threatens the Fairies that Zarude can't, such as Tapu Bulu. Tbh just click the dark button(s) with this mon and things die.

1640134952254.png

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Choice Band Tyranitar the demon is here to shred whatever checks you had for Bisharp and Zarude. Edge quake provides almost flawless coverage, with Earthquake for Toxapex and Fire punch for Scizor and Ferrothorn. Band over DD provides the necessary wallbreaking that this team desperately needed.

And that's it! I hope you enjoy the team and have a wonderful Christmas! I'm not too familiar with these types of analyses so lmk if anything is unclear.
Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Moltres-Galar @ Leftovers
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Fiery Wrath
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
- Spirit Break

Zarude-Dada @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/8dbd3692bdd0c242
Huge thanks to A Ghost Dratini for assisting me with teambuilding!

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)