Team Monotype Premier League VII - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
Co-hosted with: Perish Song

Art by Yours Truly

Week 1
Rules
Replays Thread
Records Spreadsheet
New * Scheduling Spreadsheet * New

vs

Meteor Falls Miniors (3) vs. Goldenrod Gengars (5)

SS: Maki vs dahli
SS: umbry vs Confide
SS: Fardin vs LightScreener
SM: Vaboh vs Brisked
SM: Eternally vs trash
ORAS: Cell vs Finchinator
BW: 64 Squares vs SPACE FORCE meeps
Bo3: Attribute vs Chaitanya

vs

Tohjo Falls Thunders (5) vs. Dreamyard Darkrais (3)

SS: Gtcha vs Kev
SS: Fylkir Pudin vs Kaguya Lys
SS: Conflux vs maroon
SM: IPF vs London13
SM: AM Tesla vs Catalystic
ORAS: S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs Toadow
BW: Sabella vs Raichy
Bo3: Star vs Floss

vs

Bell Tower Braves (4) vs. Hearthome Honchkrows (4)

SS: TJ vs Padox
SS: Leafium Z vs Rinda
SS: trace vs Skysolo
SM: Harpp vs QWILY
SM: Mateeus vs Kenix
ORAS: lax vs jonfilch
BW: SoulWind vs Sae
Bo3: Bushtush vs Isza

vs

Blackthorn Bucks (5) vs. Trick House Treeckos (3)

SS: kythr vs yedla
SS: Meta vs Shiba
SS: TeamCharm vs King Choco
SM: Pak vs nomadderwhat
SM: Xiri vs ArkenCiel
ORAS: Feen vs taide
BW: Jyph vs Crashy
Bo3: Decem vs TheArchitect_

Bo3s exclude BW!

The deadline for Week 1 is: July 4th @ 11:59PM EDT (GMT -4)!

*Note:
I added a scheduling sheet on the navigation on the top. Perish and I do not plan on maintaining it. I will edit it at the end of the week to get it ready for the next but not much more than that. If someone wants to maintain it / add times for your team that would be great but it is not mandatory. Just another resource that's offered if people choose to use it.​

Last edited:

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
First time doing predicts in like 4 years:

Meteor Falls Miniors (3) vs. Goldenrod Gengars (5)

SS: Maki vs dahli - dahli's the better player here and has an insane record in Monotype tournaments in general so I would favor him.
SS: umbry vs Confide - confide is more familiar with Monotype despite umbry being a solid player in other tiers. They're both pretty good, but confide has more experience
SS: Fardin vs LightScreener - I think LightScreener is one of the more potentially underrated picks in the tournament. I've seen him here and there on different servers and ladder playing Monotype here and there. It's about time he proves himself in a team tournament setting. I have not seen fardin play much at all before, much less Monotype.
SM: Vaboh vs Alpha Rabbit - Vaboh is new to Monotype but is a pretty solid player in general, being pretty good at SM OU so his skill should translate here. Rabbit is more familiar with Monotype but Vaboh is the better player to me and should pick up the tier quickly because SM Monotype is played pretty similarly to SM OU in terms of sequences.
SM: Eternally vs trash - trash's playing ceiling is generally pretty high, putting up impressive records and he has a lot more experience than Eternally.
ORAS: Cell vs Finchinator - Cell is one of the best ORAS Monotype players and frequently keeps up with the metagame.
BW: 64 Squares vs SPACE FORCE meeps - 64 Squares has better support in Attribute but meeps is the better player which should give him the edge here.
Bo3: Attribute vs Chaitanya - This could really go either way since both are pretty good players but I'm going to favor Attribute here since he seems to have more motivation for Pokemon at the moment and wants to put on a good performance this MPL.

Tohjo Falls Thunders (2) vs. Dreamyard Darkrais (4)

SS: Gtcha vs Kev - I do think the Dreamyard Darkrais have the best SS lineup and support in the whole tournament. Kev and Floss are known to keep up with the quickly changing metagame frequently, with Floss being known for his unique building. Their SS lineup of Kev / Kaguya Lys / maroon are all really motivated to preform well. The only question of this team is whether or not there will be too many voices in prep, since you can argue all of Kev / Kaguya Lys / Floss / maroon have strong opinions when it comes to what to use
SS: Fylkir Pudin vs Kaguya Lys - Kaguya Lys is top 10 at worst for SS Monotype at worst. He's way more consistent than Fylkir Pudin both playing and building wise.
SS: Conflux vs maroon - They're around the same level playing wise so this could go either way.
SM: Leo vs Zap - More familiar with the tier.
SM: Splash vs Catalystic - Both are around the same level playing wise.
ORAS: S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs Toadow - I've never seen S1nn0h touch Monotype in his life so I'm going to favor Toadow here. If I remember correctly S1nn0h is known for spamming HO in NU, while Toadow is overall pretty consistent as a player.
BW: Sabella vs Raichy - Sabella is one of the best Monotype players and is very familiar with BW as a metagame. It's really easy to bold him against pretty much anyone else in the BW pool.
Bo3: Star vs Floss - Star's one of the best players on Smogon. He can pretty much pick up any tier in any gen easily and perform well. Floss is also pretty good at Monotype specifically, but moreso specializes in SS and this is going to be his debut in playing oldgens in a Monotype team tournament.

Bell Tower Braves (3) vs. Hearthome Honchkrows (5)

SS: TJ vs Padox - TJ's the better player and has more experience in the tier.
SS: tko vs Rinda - Rinda is more familiar with the tier but tko is overall the better player and should be favored here.
SS: trace vs Skysolo - trace feels a bit crust in Monotype and in general after not competing for a fair while. Skysolo has been pretty active recently in pretty much every tier so he should be favored here.
SM: Harpp vs QWILY - QWILY is overall really consistent as a player. Paired up with Leru's support he put up a phenomenal record in MonoWC for SM. Harpp is also good but can be inconsistent playing wise sometimes so I'm more inclined to bold QWILY here.
SM: Mateeus vs Kenix - I really like Mateeus as a person but when under the limelight he can crumble under pressure easily. Kenix is new to Monotype but is overall a solid player known for playing OU and can deal with the tournament pressure better. If Mateeus can figure out a way to channel pressure well, then he can definitely put up a good fight because when this dude is relaxed he plays very well.
ORAS: lax vs jonfilch - since jon is teaming with friends he's probably going to put more effort into this, especially considering Isza is really good ORAS support. Lax can definitely take it though since he's also a very solid player, although it seems he's investing most of his time into VGC these days.
BW: SoulWind vs Sae - It's SoulWind.
Bo3: Bushtush vs Isza - Highlight match, I'd give it to Isza because he's more motivated than Bushtush as of now but both are really solid players. This will be a fun series to watch.

Overall I think all of the teams are pretty good this tournament. I don't really think there are any clear "underdogs" unlike other tournaments so it will be pretty fun to watch people fight for playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)