Team Monotype Premier League VII - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
Co-hosted with: Perish Song

Art by Yours Truly

Semifinals
Rules
Replays Thread
Records Spreadsheet
Stats Sheet

vs

Bell Tower Braves (5) vs Trick House Treeckos (3)

SS: TJ vs yedla
SS: roxiee vs Shiba
SS: tko vs King Choco
SM: Mateeus vs LuckyPiper
SM: Harpp vs adjustments
ORAS: lax vs taide
BW: SoulWind vs Dieu Amphibien
Bo3: Bushtush vs Crashy

vs

Tohjo Falls Thunders (5) vs Blackthorn Bucks (3)

SS: Fylkir Pudin vs TeamCharm
SS: Conflux vs Meta
SS: Gtcha vs kythr
SM: IPF vs Xiri
SM: Splash vs airfare
ORAS: S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs Indigo Plateau
BW: Sabella vs Jyph
Bo3: Star vs Decem

Bell Tower Braves ( ) vs Trick House Treeckos ( )

SS: TJ vs yedla
SS: roxiee vs Shiba
SS: tko vs King Choco
SM: Mateeus vs LuckyPiper
SM: Harpp vs adjustments
ORAS: lax vs taide
BW: SoulWind vs Dieu Amphibien
Bo3: Bushtush vs Crashy

Tohjo Falls Thunders ( ) vs Blackthorn Bucks ( )

SS: Fylkir Pudin vs TeamCharm
SS: Conflux vs Meta
SS: Gtcha vs kythr
SM: IPF vs Xiri
SM: Splash vs airfare
ORAS: S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs Indigo Plateau
BW: Sabella vs Jyph
Bo3: Star vs Decem

Bo3s exclude ORAS!

The deadline for Semifinals is August 22nd @ 11:59PM EDT (GMT -4)!

(My apologies to the non light mode users with the team logo gifs. I couldn't get it to work well on all -transparency issues- so I favored the most common theme!)

Last edited:
Bell Tower Braves (4) vs Trick House Treeckos (4)

SS: TJ vs yedla, even with the worse record i feel like TJ is overall the better player here
SS: SwordStrike vs Shiba, I dont care if SwordStrike would be 7-0, i'm still not picking someone with that kind of name
SS: tko vs King Choco, budget lax is better
SM: Mateeus vs LuckyPiper, I think this is a pretty even match up. Mat has better support though so gotta favour him slightly here
SM: Harpp vs adjustments, Harpp threw way too hard last week for me to pick him rn
ORAS: lax vs taide, I really wanna see how JT preps here for Lax and what the expert fisher taide does. This one will probably be decided already in preview.
BW: SoulWind vs Dieu Amphibien, If I see Dieu use something basic I will be really dissappointed. This is one of those games where you have to realise you are not going to outplay your opponent in a balanced match up and have to cheese by using screens, baton pass, volcarona or etc in order to win. Reminds me of Lax vs BKC in WC 2018 finals tiebreak.
Bo3: Bushtush vs Crashy, This is close but because BW is included I gotta favour Crashy here. Bush has been extremely solid however so a highlight match up for sure.

Tiebreak
SS: Bushtush vs Shiba
ORAS: Lax vs Taide
Bo3: Soulwind vs Crashy

Tohjo Falls Thunders vs Blackthorn Bucks

BUCKS BUCKS BUCKS

Last edited:

Attribute

HYPNOS | pulp
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Monotype Cup Winner
Predictions!
Bell Tower Braves (5) vs Trick House Treeckos (3)

SS: TJ vs yedla - I'm high on TJ. He brings good teams, plays well, and usually comes out of his games on top. In fact, I even ranked him as far as #2 in the Power Rankings. Despite being 3-4 right now, I don't really think those losses are really his fault (one may say, using his words, a monotype moment). yedla on the other hand has seen a great improvement since last MPL. His games have seemed a lot cleaner, more thought out, and is living up to the hype I'd say. With that being said, his team selection this tournament has seemed a bit sketchy and I still think he is a bit mistake prone compared to TJ, who I don't think makes many mistakes at all. TJ gets the bold here.

SS: SwordStrike vs Shiba - SwordStrike is a newer entity to Monotype tournaments, and is off to a promising start. His game vs. Kev was a bit shaky, but other than that, he has seemed fine so far. 2 games is a super small sample size though, and its most definitely not enough for me to be convinced that he's going to beat Shiba here, who's also having a good tour for himself.

SS: tko vs King Choco - A rematch! I don't really think Choco has been playing particularly well this tournament, and has left me with lots of question marks during his games. tko's games so far haven't really said a lot about him as a player in my opinion, but I'm under the belief that he's a better overall player. On top of the support tko has, I think he takes it again.

SM: Mateeus vs LuckyPiper - Watching both of these dudes play just makes me genuinely upset so I don't know how to feel here. Nonetheless, I have to try my best to not bold the vs. and pick a name, and right now I'm slightly leaning towards Piper. Firstly, I'd just like to say Mateeus has gotten a good amount of wins this tournament and seems to have gotten a bit better with nerves so I'm happy for him. In fact, I'm glad to see that the Power Rankings didn't destroy his confidence and is putting up a good tournament for himself. Despite all of this, I do think Piper is a better player. What makes me think this is slightly Piper favored instead of heavily is the fact that he tends to bring bullshit... a lot... and can very much lose this game in the builder. In a perfect world where he brings a team that doesn't make me scratch my head every few minutes, I do think he beats Mateeus here.

SM: Harpp vs adjustments - I suppose me predicting adjustments is an upset? I'll explain. adjustments, in a short amount of time, has made a pretty big improvement with his playing... which doesn't even make sense cause I don't even think he's played any Pokémon between World Cup and MPL, but props to him nonetheless. Anyways, his games this tournament have seemed clean, his attitude has made some adjustments *slaps knee*, and is looking like he is in good form to take this game. Harpp has been underperforming for his standards, and there has been a lot of in-game errors on his end. I don't really think that stops here, so I'm taking adjustments to win this one.

ORAS: lax vs taide - This was a bit of a tough one. lax is clearly the better player by a good amount, but my uncertainty comes from the teams being brought here. Some of the ORAS teams brought by the Braves this season were a bit questionable, though these things are relatively small and aren't enough for me to bold taide. Speaking of taide, his ORAS prep between now and World Cup has been amazing, and he can very much win in the builder this game. However, I do think 7 weeks of preparation is enough for JT (assuming he's the one in charge of ORAS stuff) to learn from his mistakes and to know what's good and what isn't, making me lean towards lax.

BW: SoulWind vs Dieu Amphibien - Similar to ORAS, I'm not a fan of some of the teams being brought in BW by the Braves, but once again, I do think 7 weeks is enough to know what's good and what isn't, and JT should know this especially since he's more comfortable building this tier compared to ORAS. Looking at SoulWind from World Cup, supported by Europe, he was able to sweep the BW field by being given good teams and letting him handle the rest. If that happens here, I have no doubt in my mind SoulWind beats Dieu convincingly, who has very little experience in this tier.

Bo3: Bushtush vs Crashy - Both players are winning quite a lot despite their tough schedule so this one should be a good watch. I'm under the belief Bush has everything going for him here though. He's a better player and I don't think the Braves builders are going to fall short to the Treeckos builders. On top of ORAS not being in this weeks Bo3, I think Bush emerges as the victor.
Tohjo Falls Thunders (5) vs Blackthorn Bucks (3)

SS: Fylkir Pudin vs TeamCharm - Oh I am so scared about the possible teams that can come out of both of these guys. Anyway, I don't think either of these guys games give an indication about their strength as players, so I'm going based off of intuition here. I do think Fylkir is more likely to not bring nonsense than TC is (I don't think this being a playoff game is stopping him) which makes me bold him here. I believe TC is/should be the better player here so I wouldn't be surprise if he takes this one.

SS: Conflux vs Meta - This ones interesting. Conflux won this match up a few weeks ago but Meta has been playing better this tournament. I do feel like as if there's a sense of urgency for Conflux to win this game and the fact that he wants to come out big for his team, which is why I think he's coming out on top. However, I do think the Bucks SS building is better than the Thunders SS building, which makes this close. Interested to see what teams are brought here and what happens this game. Highlight match for sure.

SS: Gtcha vs kythr - Looking at records alone, you'd probably predict kythr in an instant. However, I am pretty high on Gtcha, so I believe that this is closer than what meets the eye. With that being said, I still think kythr takes this game. kythr has been winning... a lot... whether its LC, Monotype, some lower tier... the list goes on. I don't think this string of success stops here, so I'm giving him the bold. Who knows, maybe we'll see Leru's 9-0 record matched or broken this tour. Good luck to him!

SM: IPF vs Xiri - This is IPF's first time playing in a Monotype team tournament, and from the few games I've seen, I've liked what I saw. Aside from the turn 1 vs. trash, I can't think of a single bad thing from his games. Xiri on the other hand is having a great performance as well. I think he's a fantastic player, and nothing has changed here. I do think however that IPF's games were a bit more hard fought on his end, which makes me want to favor him here. Looking forward to this one!

SM: Splash vs Pak - Another rematch! One of the main problems here is that Splash is a bit outclassed here in the builder. I think his teams are mostly the same and I don't think that's gonna change here. As for Pak, well, I have no idea how to even go about preparing vs. the Bucks SM. Off the top of my head, there was a Fling and Acrobatics Gliscor, random Durants, Scarf Empoleon... like how do you prepare for this LOL. On top of Pak being a better player with lots of success in this tier, I have him taking this one.

ORAS: S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs Indigo Plateau - This may come as a surprise to many, but I'll try my best to justify this. Sinnoh is currently 6-1 and seems to improve after every game. Although, I do think he has hit some lows this season, and some of the teams brought in ORAS from the Thunders have been a bit questionable. IP on the other hand is 1-4, but I don't think all of his losses are his fault. He apparently tries hard, and I predict him to do so here but more than he has done in the regular season. This combined with me liking the ORAS teams being brought by the Bucks, I have IP winning this in a close game.

BW: Sabella vs Jyph - I'm pretty sure Sabella has some stupid ass winrate in BW right now, something close to 80% with 30+ games played which is ridiculous how much he farms people here LOL. With that jaw dropping statistic in mind, I don't see any reason for him to lose anymore games in this tier. Coupled with the fact that he has a flawless record vs. Jyph in team tournaments, he should take this one.

Bo3: Star vs Decem - I think this is the third time they've been matched together in Monotype team tournaments, so this should be an interesting one. I believe they're both tied at 1-1, with Star winning in MWP III and Decem winning earlier this tournament. Similar to the whole situation with the Braves, I'm sure the Thunders have realized by now that they need to stop passing Star bullshit and let him do his thing in game with solid teams. It's been 7 weeks, so I'm confident this has came across their minds. Decem isn't a slouch, his teams are very creative (in a good way), he plays well and can very much pull this through. However, Star is essentially a cheat code in these tournaments so I favor him here.
i mostly have friends in the thunders and bucks, so im rooting for them!

Last edited:
Bell Tower Braves (4) vs Trick House Treeckos (4)

SS: TJ vs yedla - yedla is good but tj is the goat
SS: SwordStrike vs Shiba - monotype hall of famer
SS: tko vs King Choco - personally I think king choco has a better grasp of the meta game right now
SM: Mateeus vs LuckyPiper - I think this matchup is really even and should be a good one , hopefully luckypiper brings some heat like clefairy so he'll win
SM: Harpp vs adjustments - I think adjustments will get heavy matchup since harp only likes to use specific types
ORAS: lax vs taide - taide always ends up getting the right matchup but I think lax got this he's a better player
BW: SoulWind vs Dieu Amphibien - soulwind beat crashy the last time and crashy is better than dieu in BW
Bo3: Bushtush vs Crashy - Bushtush has been dominant this tour and never loses

Tiebreak
SS: Bushtush vs Shiba
SM: Lax vs Luckypiper
Bo3: SoulWind vs Crashy

Tohjo Falls Thunders (4) vs Blackthorn Bucks (4)

SS: Fylkir Pudin vs TeamCharm - can't wait to see what these two bring, teamcharm always brings the wildest CHEESE teams though
SS: Conflux vs Meta - pretty even matchup should be a decent game , conflux just brings more solid teams
SS: Gtcha vs kythr - kythrs record is insane and has been doing amazing in every lower tier he plays
SM: IPF vs Xiri - I think xiri has much more experience especially playing sm monotype for so long now
SM: Splash vs Pak - pak is still one of the best sm players imo
ORAS: S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs Indigo Plateau - havent really watched either of these guys but sinnoh confirmed is 6-1
BW: Sabella vs Jyph - Sabella has one of the best records in bw and is one of the best players in mpl
Bo3: Star vs Decem - highlight of the week imo , it's always a fun one to watch when these two matchup I'm not sure who will win but I'm highlighting star for the tiebreak

Tiebreak
SS: Conflux vs Kythr
SM: Star vs Pak
Bo3: Sabella vs Decem

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
TierMatchupWhenTime: GMT-4
SStko vs King ChocoSaturdayEvening TBD
SMMateeus vs LuckypiperSaturdayEvening TBD
SSGtcha vs kythrSunday10 AM
SMIPF vs XiriSunday7 AM
SSConflux vs MetaSunday3 PM
SMSplash vs PakSundayEvening
Bo3Bushtush vs crashySundayEvening
SSFylkir Pudin vs TeamCharmSunday7 PM
ORASS1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs Indigo PlateuTBD-
ORAStaide vs laxTBH-

edited.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)