Team Monotype Premier League VI - Week 7

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
won, ggs

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6monotype-1162091632
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5monotype-1162097498
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1162104432

S/o to my entire team for putting in a lot of effort to succeed despite being ranked last on the pr, can be tough sometimes like that but im glad we stuck together, tried hard, and made it pretty close until the end. Sad we couldn't make playoffs but this mpl was an enjoyable experience working with u all.

Perish Song Admittedly u made a few mistakes in the auction but i respect u for putting in a lot of effort into the team as a manager and a player, despite being busy with irl stuff all the time alongside this tournament. Wish u could have gone even but rng decided to give u the middle finger and mega kick missed thrice on ur last game. ur a good player tho, and i look fw to seeing u expand ur horizons.

Cell Freeroamer Mateeus
Thanks for all the reliable support prep wise, especially w my lack of experience in mono oldgens older than sm. For cell, i really appreciate u helping to get things done on the team in general and keeping our team in line throughout the weeks. For freeroamer and mat, u guys both kept up a good attitude and a positive team presence alongside the reliable support too. Mat i know you were working really hard to get a w in mpl and i'm sorry that u never ended up getting it, but its important to learn how to control ur nerve gradually in high pressure situations like mpl so u can make the most optimal play. u are not a bad player, and i can say that ur sm support was definitely worth 10k in the end.

DrReuniclus
1 of the nicest people on Smogon, sorry for getting u caught up in the draft drama, but it really wasn't ur fault. u shouldn't feel bad about it at all, and u are one of the most wholesome and down to earth people ive met on smogon. im glad u could reflect that into our team chat and help create a positive environment, and the wins u got us definitely helped a lot during our run on top of that.

slot 2 main gorex
Happy i ended up picking u up for cheap in the end, despite not knowing really anything about mono before the tour started uve been a really good chat presence throughout the tour and was always determined to preform well. Hope we end up teaming for more team tours since ur a cool guy to have around in team chats especially as a friend.

Empo
Thanks for getting us reliable Ws. A 5-2 record is impressive and really helped us throughout the weeks.

ToxaNex devinn yedla le LLiolae
Despite not having the greatest records, all 4 of u put in good effort and had positive chat presences which i appreciate.

Maple thanks for sticking around in our team cord and helping in the last week. I’d like to thank anyone who helped our team run through a bunch of test games too.

Last but not least, s/o to Ticken and Omega-Xis for running this smoothly as the biggest event of the year

Alongside that, I’d like to formally apologize for what happened in the draft on behalf of both perish song and I. I never wanted to do any of the ridiculous bidding and Psong has realized that what he did was indeed wrong and disrespectful, but he did not have any bad intentions nor mean any disrespect in the heat of the moment. I would also like to formally apologize if anyone was offended by us joking about it in any sort of way, as it was just a way to lighten the atmosphere in our team but we didn’t mean to cause any disrespect. Good luck to the teams that are still competing for playoffs!

Kev

Part of the journey is the end
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Bittersweet to get our win when we were already out but glad we proved we can win. Really unfortunate season for us luck wise, disappointing to think if things were cleaner in just a few more games we could've been in playoffs. But oh well, that's Pokemon and Monotype, can't get too hung up on it. We definitely could've done better at some moments, and I could've done things differently as well. Nonetheless, an experience to learn from and I'm still satisfied with how we performed. We would've made it if not for the odds being so against us despite what certain ppl claim. Anyways, very close season for everyone this year, having the lowest 1st place point amount and highest 8th place one. Not gonna to do too long shoutouts but thought I should do them anyways

Izaya Maple (tried tagging dugza smh) was great working with you guys. It was nice having people that are really on the same wavelength when it came to the draft plan, and how meticulous it was handled. Especially a big s/o to DugZa for all the hardworking you put in this tour, really grinding for prep across all slots. I didn't know you much before, but glad I got the opportunity. Those like 6-8 hours a week deciding/building/testing SS teams was fun, despite it being such a headache.

Zukushiku The GOAT. Really happy to work with you again, its always a pleasure to see your process and watch you play. We really wanted to get you so we were really happy to for such a small price. Thanks for putting in time despite the busy irl, and playing really well. Sorry we got you another 8th again :(

EviGaro Sorry for throwing you into BW twice :psygrump: Another player we really wanted pre-draft, and you really showed off why as usual

Kaguya Lys Definitely a hidden talent, best SS if Floss didnt rob smh. Thanks for the effort you put in the SS prep

Arifeen Thanks for being so motivated after your long hiatus, ik you aren't too happy with your record but you did have some unfort circumstances in some and we really appreciated how dedicated you were

Feliburn col49 Alpha Rabbit trace Thanks for playing for us, delivering some fun games and being positive presences, sorry we couldn't get you better mus most of the time :psycry:

Ssalbap didnt get ur win this tour noob smh

Overall, enjoyed my time with everyone and hope I get to team with you guys again in the future!

Other ppl in our cord:

Ticken Thanks for always being the motivational presence n.n

GL Volkner Thanks for always being an idiot (its entertaining)

terrors Dharma Riku Sakuraba GuzzlesOwO Reyzark should've talked more n.n

Ppl that helped me test to make up for the horrible timezone difference between my other SS peppers and me: Attribute Conflux Zap Floss MetaRiolu7 Decem Mateeus dahli

Anyways, go Gengars! Miniors as a 2nd pick if they make poffs. Let's get some good games please !

Lmaoo it sucks that we were only able to win when we were out but I'm glad that we didn't end up winless since we're so much better than that. Despite getting the short end of the stick in terms of matchup and luck for a good chunk of this tour, which definitely mattered given how close it was, I think there were a lot of other factors in the mix which led us to finish last. It sucks since I still think we're one of the better teams in this tour but for me personally it was a great learning opportunity.
Kev lool we really shoulda thought about the timezones thing during the draft. Not much to say here, managing with a good friend was as much fun as I thought it'd be and those late nights we spent planning our draft were totally worth it. Hope we can manage again to make things right if we're ever as free as we are right now in the future
Maple you know you messed up when GuzzlesOwO has a better name than you... Jokes aside you've grown a lot since we first met and we really wouldn't have stood a chance in this tour without you putting in an insane amount of work with the prep in every slot. Hope WCOP happens and we can team up again!
Zukushiku Ngl Kev and I were so relieved when we saw that you signed up and the player pool was saved. Idc that you think you weren't worth the 19k because to us you were worth every penny with all the fire shows you put on this year. I had a ton of fun with all the games we played and learned a lot from watching you play. Unfortunately, we amassed a grand total of 1 win in BW this season LOL but that's just mons. Really hope things get less busy with you irl so you can find more time to play this game. Let's try to stay in touch!
Arifeen your record and price tag don't do any justice to you as a player. Thanks for being super dedicated with your prep and a positive presence in the chat. If there's any good that comes out of you getting smacked every week it's that you'll probably be cheap next year as well. Truly a big pp way to get your W tho
EviGaro Feliburn thnx for having some fire games this season and putting up good records despite playing in like 60 other tours at the same time. We really shoulda just let y'all pick whatever type you wanted to use ;w; Alpha Rabbit col49 trace sorry you guys got dogshit matchups for the most part. Really wish we could've given you all more playing time as well but thanks for sticking around and being good presences in our chat! Hope the nav fans expose our bastard TL.
Kaguya Lys best SS player oml.. grats on your great start in mono team tours and I'm sure you'll do better with each one
Ssalbap nice win kid
Ticken thanks for motivating us every week and giving advice when we were down. Much appreciated fren
GL Volkner i fucked up... by not drafting u ;w;
terrors fuck are you doing on ps 12 hours a day when you're retired
Trichotomy for being the main person outside of my team that i tested with. GL in playoffs n_n

One thing I wanna say to the remaining teams is don't forget to have fun. It's really easy to get caught up in the High Jump Kick misses and Liquidation defense drops and find yourself hating this game soon. At some point in the middle of the tour I really couldn't believe I signed up for this shit for fun. This last week has been a reminder of how enjoyable team tours can be when you aren't worrying about the other small, unimportant things, and I'm glad that we were able to end this on a relatively high note. Anyways, major props to all the teams that made it, especially the Gengars who lost Feitan early and still made the #1 seed. Hoping for some great games and rooting for the Miniors at least till they make playoffs n_n

Omega-Xis

Mauville's Own
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Treeckos and Miniors tiebreaker

trick_house_treeckos.png
vs
miniors.png

Trick House Treeckos (2) vs Meteor Falls Miniors (1)

SS: Floss vs Conflux
SS: MetaRiolu7 vs Attribute
Bo3: Wanka vs Leru

I will pretty this up with images later I am out and about. I would if I could but it ain’t so I can’t, GANG.
Treeckos and Miniors rn.

Game 1 of Bo3 is SM.

Deadline is Saturday, August 8th @5:59 AM EDT (GMT -4).

Last edited by a moderator:
SS: Floss vs Conflux - its just floss omega, regardless hes had a really good mpl so far and i can absolutely see that continuing here. depends on mu obviously but idt either will be too wild with their team choices
SS: MetaRiolu7 vs Attribute - LOOOOOOOOOOOOL the treeckos really picked 2 ss slots thats fucking hilarious suck shit everyone who wanted any other tiers, also why is attribute in this slot has he ever played ss mono? i thought he hated it with a passion and when youve got 3-0 makis fox on the bench idk i just dont see how hes winning vs misterriolu7
Bo3: Wanka vs Leru - fuck it we are going the 3-0 sweep for the treeckos, hopefully if wanka gets the option he takes this to ss because there is no fucking way leru has ever played that tier and itll piss everyone off which really is a win win if you ask me

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
SS: Floss vs Conflux - right now floss seems to be humming along while flux has struggled a bit thus far. I think if flux can get over the first tour nerves and step up this will be a great game but Floss is already a bit more wet behind the ears so i expect him to take it.
SS: MetaRiolu7 vs Attribute - I think attribute is the better play here despite his love for using dogshit teams alot. If the miniors building squad can throw him a team with enough neutral mu's to outplay MR7 i expect him to take this game
Bo3: Wanka vs Leru - This is easily the best series of the tiebreak. If wanka steps up to be the player i know he can be that doesnt just click in 5 seconds this will totally come down to the wire. To favor wanka i think the tiers will have to be oras sm and bw. That being said Leru is no slouch and always seemingly has a tech that gets him back in to games that look over. I give wanka the advantage in BW and Oras with Leru advantage in SM and SS.

Last edited:

Kev

Part of the journey is the end
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
SS: Floss vs Conflux - I think they are of similar level in general, and this is SS so it might end up coming down to the better match up. However, Floss has had a better performance thus far and won the last encounter so going to back him. Also, I'd say Floss is a lot more collected as an individual, so he'd most likely handle this tiebreak situation better than a hotheaded Conflux.
SS: Metariolu7 vs Attribute - Mr7 has bounced back after a rough early season, but Attribute's the better overall player and has more experience in this situation. Being his teams retain and tiebreak choice, he probably has a lot of pressure going into this match. He definitely has a lot more experience in SS than Attribute who is not a fan of the gen, but it's not like Attribute hasn't touched it or anything. With an understanding of the mechanics and the metagame, I think he should be fine to take this if he doesn't get an unfortunate matchup like usual.
Bo3: Wanka vs Leru - In my opinion, Leru's the better Pokemon player of the two and picking Bo3 was smart of the Miniors as it lessens the chances of getting knocked out by something like mu or hax. Leru has a solid edge in SM as he has been one of the more dominant players in the generation during past team tours, it also helps that its game 1 of the Bo3. As for Wanka, I'd say he has an edge in ORAS because of his long experience in the tier. However, Leru has strong support in the form of both his managers. Both of their SS knowledge is rather limited, so it probably comes down to favourable mu. I don't really know too much about either's BW, but I have seen Leru play it a lot more this tour and he's won every time. Also, Leru won the last encounter. Overall, this could definitely go either way but I'd favour Leru in most of the gens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)