Team Monotype Premier League VI - Semifinals

Zar

What a time
is a Contributor Alumnus
With the season done and dusted for good now, I just wanted to give my overall thoughts. I was in a pretty bad place at the start of the year and ngl if you told me 8 months later I'd be managing in MPL again I actually would've laughed my ass off. But coming back due to the virus and everything really helped and even though we finished the season on a sad note, it reminded me why I played this game for so long and how fun it is. Before the tour started, I said in my PR post that I was excited for a Pokemon related tour after so long and honestly it didn't fail to deliver. We had such a crazy rollercoaster of a season where we had a sequence of win-tie-loss then repeat lmao. I know a lot of people were skeptical about our team from the beginning and we were even ranked 7th in the PR but I think we proved a few people wrong at the end with how far we came. I'm not really the type of guy who does shoutouts at the end of the season but I felt like I had to this season especially with this group of players.

Havens Man fuck anyone who thinks you're not good or anyone who tries to clown you for last season. You definitely proved all the doubters wrong and then some. You had a rough start w/ some bad matchups but then oml covid struck and you turned into monotype jesus. The part I loved the most about having you was that you didn't always go for the generic mons and instead would try to innovate something different (I fully back the appletun dragon still) every week. You helped everyone with building and created the foundation of our strong SS core. As a manager you were great and always had faith in the project.

lax I really appreciate you always being available to play if needed even though you don't like mons at all right now. I know you hate how matchup reliant mono is but the fact that you were ready to be flexible and play other tiers even though you signed up for SS only means a lot. Come back to mons after you take your well-deserved break.

Sae I know you're disappointed with your record and all. But TRUST me when I say you were one of our most important members and we definitely couldn't have made it this far without you man. You always helped our the other guys in the older gens and was ready to test / build whatever. You had a monstrous season last time and you can definitely afford to have an average season this time around. For 17k you were a huge steal and I'd pay it again every single year if I could have you on the team again.

Jyph Oml the JOAT. Ngl bro I knew you were fire but I didn't know you were THIS fire at mons. That double bolt strike still makes me cream every night. You finally made playoffs again and guess what, ITS WITH ME AND AZELEA AGAIN. You know what to do if you ever want to make playoffs :eyes: But nah you're a fire teammate even though you're cancer and tilt sometimes LOL still wanna team with you again.

Catalystic Ay I'm sorry we kept shifting you around SM and ORAS so much but you were hella clutch for us. I think the first 3 weeks all were decided by you playing last and clutching? You were great and even though you wanted to bring some hella sus teams (w2 psychic), you were a really fun teammate who was always down to test and prep.

SirSkit You started the season on a rough note but you came in nicely at the end and got the win you deserved. I wanna thank you for always being ready to come in and help the team out. You're way better than your record suggests and I hope we'll see that translate on the field soon.

Vodoom You're so aids bro LMAOOO I had to babysit your ass the entire season but at least this shit paid off with you somehow getting 3 wins at the start. You hella dropped off in the middle of the tour but nah I appreciate you helping out in the end w/ testing and even building SS LMAOOOO WHERE'D THAT SHIT COME FROM. I got your ass to go positive this tour. Thank me dumbass.

Its Choco Bitch Omfg the booty melo. You were so fire bro. You're great at SS and building and if you keep this up, this gens yours my guy. You came in clutch and was one of the big reasons why we had such a great record in SS. You were a steal for 7.5k and ngl I don't know how we got you for that cheap. Would definitely want you on my team again if I join.

Thimo where'd you go bro :( Wanted to see some of that hot spicy ORAS bs teambuilding that you've always done. Hope you're safe and happy wherever you are.

kythr Another huge SS player. That last game sucked but honestly even a 4-3 record doesn't justify how good you are. You were always prepping and testing your teams before the games happened and having something like that from someone outside of the mono community is huge. You were solid throughout the tour bar a couple of games and I'm sure I'm gonna hear more of you from different tours.

Azelea Oml I'm finally doing shoutouts. You're a huge snake for leaving me at the start and then joining back later LMAO but nah we let that go. You're one of the few people on this site that I'm actually close to and I can't even think of joining a Mono tour seriously and not having you in the team. Mpl IV sucked for that and I'm happy we got back together on the team and continued our fire playoffs streak together. As a player idk how you beat lycan but we take those lmao. I'm sorry for only tryharding this tour LOOL but I couldn't let this team go the MWP 2 route. Find a way to get me on team europe for monowc please.

tko Definitely my favorite player on the team. The constant but absolutely random "we got this", "did we win?", "this is the team this is it" were everything bro. Even though you don't know much about mono, you still were asking people if they needed tests and kept being a cheerleader like me and kept everyone's spirits high. But we gotta fix that 2-10 record in mono real soon bro lmaooo

Brisked Nah you along w/ vod are aids LMAO but you're like the lesser aids of the two. Stop fighting with that dumbass in team chats. Ngl during the draft everyone in the team kept going about how you built all of central's teams and etc. and I'm glad I could see that first hand this time around. I still don't know how you beat gondra but that was one of my favorite moments this mpl.

Maskun North Freeroamer Trichotomy Izaya Fylkir Pudin Maple Maki's Fox Wyn Entei GotCookies I really do appreciate all of you taking the effort and helping us out during / after the season. I know I can be aids most of the times but the fact that you guys still came through and supported the team means a lot. Thank you and love you all :3

Hope to see a fire ass finals between krows and whoever goes through from the other series. Someone do something about fairy in ss though I ain't tryna see fairy v steel v poison v fire every matchup thanks.

Goldenrod Gengars (1) vs. Trick House Treeckos (2)

SS: dahli vs Floss - yeah we all know floss doesnt lose here, the dickhead is 7-2 and has been the best ss by a fair way, and while i rate peachy i just think floss is too good atm, especially if he gets some spicy hax
BW: Zap vs Wanka - what the fuck is this shit these fucking COWARDS dont pick a second ss and whats worse is that they pick ugly bw and dont even pick the goat crashy who has been smashing his opponents all tour this is disgraceful, still fuck zap and everything he stands for hes losing
Bo3: Chaitanya vs LuckyPiper - its so hard to see anyone but chait winning every game hes in, hes bo3d every fucking week and has literally dropped 1 game out of all of that like who the fuck does he think he is. its not even that hes been playing shit players either. i think piper will have a chance in sm and ss but overall i just think chait is far to strong

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Goldenrod Gengars (2) vs. Trick House Treeckos ( )

SS: dahli vs Floss. I am expecting Fairy again i:, but I feel like peachy is the better player..this is going to be a close one
BW: Zap vs Wanka. Why is it bw, I'm not sure who is better at BW between the 2 but gl to both
Bo3: Chaitanya vs LuckyPiper. Huge edge to Chait and his record this MPL; I can't go against Chait in this mu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)