MPL VI banner.png

Semifinals
Rules
Replay Thread
Records Spreadsheet

gengars_shine.gif
vs.
treecko_shine.gif

#1 Goldenrod Gengars (4) vs. #4 Trick House Treeckos (4)

SS: Confide vs MetaRiolu7
SS: Dieu Amphibien vs Bouff
SS: Toadow vs Floss
SM: Zap vs Prosaic
SM: dahli vs LuckyPiper
ORAS: Croven vs Wanka
BW: avarice vs Crashy
Bo3: Chaitanya vs taide

honchkrow_shine.gif
vs.
bucks_shine.gif

#2 Hearthome Honchkrows (6) vs. #3 Blackthorn Bucks (2)

SS: Eternal Spirit vs kythr
SS: Fírnen vs Its Choco Bitch
SS: TheArchitect_ vs Havens
SM: Yami vs tko
SM: Gondra vs Brisked
ORAS: Star vs Catalystic
BW: Sabella vs Jyph
Bo3: 1 True Lycan vs Sae

Bo3s start with SM!

The deadline for the semifinals is: August 16th @ 11:59 PM EDT (GMT -4)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn Fylkir U late...
gengars_shine.gif
vs.
treecko_shine.gif

#1 Goldenrod Gengars (5) vs. #4 Trick House Treeckos (3)

SS: Confide (45) vs MetaRiolu7 (55) - Coming hot off a tiebreak and a week 7 win I think Metariolu gets the edge here in SS, however, this is grandslamcam Confide we are talking about and is 3-1 and has delivered when called upon.
SS: Dieu Amphibien (55) vs Bouff (45) - The last time I saw these two MUs, Bouff had a stroke and got 6-0ed by Volc, Dieu plays this tier a lot more and also has filled in great in SS for Averardo and Feitan.
SS: Toadow (40) vs Floss (60)- Also coming off a great matchup fishing haxing season, Floss has proved that he does put in time in the builder and does help his SS core prep solid teams. Edge to him here, although Toadow has been struggling mightily he is a better player than what his record portrays, I could see him steal this game here.
SM: Zap (55) vs Prosaic (45) - This game will probably be played last on Sunday night, but I trust Zap to actually care a little more now that its playoffs cuz Chait's gonna be on that ass. Zap too has had his fair share of luck and getting excellent matchups throughout the tour so I see that continuing here. Prosaic hasn't had the best tour but he's capable of beating anyone in SM as well.
SM: dahli (60) vs LuckyPiper(40) - The rematch from last MPL... Peachy finally realized how shit SS was as a tier and came back to SM. I see him winning here as he is the better and more consistent player but make no mistakes, Piper has made me hella proud as he has done well in the SM slot this season which warrants him having a chance here.
ORAS: Croven (55) vs Wanka (45) - It seems Wanka might be on tilt (can't relate) after that last tiebreak matchup, however, he finds himself away from Bo3 and in ORAS. For that reason, imma edge Croven here, but if Wanka is in the right headspace again he can take this one.
BW: avarice (45) vs Crashy (55) Looking at Crashys games he's been able to capitalize on great matchups from his prep, I predict him to win if he manages to pull another favorable one here. Can see Avarice take this one just as well though.
Bo3: Chaitanya (70) vs taide (30) It appears nobody on the Treeckos wants to BO3 at this point so they cannoned Taide in this slot. Facing Chait here whos undefeated and the better player, warrants an easy bold here.

honchkrow_shine.gif
vs.
bucks_shine.gif

#2 Hearthome Honchkrows (5.5) vs. #3 Blackthorn Bucks (2.5)

SS: Eternal Spirit (60) vs kythr (40) - Gama is now a Monotype main (https://pokepast.es/d6a89b5fc59d332c) and has a better record thus far and and has more tournament experience, so he gets the bold. However, I think Kythr can surprise with a unique build and also take this one potentially.
SS: Fírnen (55) vs Its Choco Bitch (45) - Firnen has been taking names in this tour and in seasonals, slight edge to him playing-wise and in the builder as well.
SS: TheArchitect_ (40) vs Havens (60) - Post-Covid Havens has been on a tear this tour, plus his prep seems to be good this tour.
SM: ima (40) vs lax (60)West on West action here. Both were hella involved in mono in years past, and now face each other in playoffs. Lax is back in the Bucks Discord apparently, and is slotted here. Edge to Lax here but I'm not really sure whos gonna be motivated more here
SM: Gondra (70) vs Brisked (30)- Literal cannon slot, shoutouts to Zarif for cannoning Brisked correctly here and more importantly, listening to Vodoom as he was probably scared of losing to Gondra. Gondra's also like 6-0 I think so easy bold here.
ORAS: Star (60) vs Catalystic (40) - Star is probably the best player in this tour, however, but I'm not gonna count out Cata here though.
BW: Sabella (55) vs Jyph (45)- The entire BW pool is helping the Bucks and I honestly don't think that will be enough, Will be a very entertaining game though I can see it going both ways, but for plot armor ill bold booty.
Bo3: 1 True Lycan (50) vs Sae (50) I think Lycan has been more motivated and consistent this tour but this could go either way easily. Highlight matchup for sure. SM / ORAS / BW is probably what we would see here.

Was gonna cut out predicting SS games and make them 50/50 for obvious reasons but let's make this interesting lmao..
Shoutouts to the 4 manager pairs who've taken their teams thus far, and looking forward to some entertaining and well-played games, good luck to all teams!

SS: Confide vs MetaRiolu7 - never had any doubt that the treeckos would win that tiebreak, they definitely have the best ss and really played to their strengths, confides been alright but in mono mr7 is for sure the better player
SS: Dieu Amphibien vs Bouff - only cowards go for 55-45 mus dieu is 100% winning this game
SS: Toadow vs Floss - its hard to see many people beating floss in ss mono atm, somehow arken is one of them but i just dont think hes losing here
SM: Zap vs Prosaic - after his atrocious start prosaic has pulled his record back to an ok 3-4, zap on the other hand is 4-1 but its funny when zap loses so edging prosaic get it done mate
SM: dahli vs LuckyPiper - cant say i expected 3-3 peachy, hes definitely the better player here. however piper has been really good in sm so im hoping thisll be a great game
ORAS: Croven vs Wanka - wanka started 3-0 and somehow has managed to fall to 3-5, not quite sure how that happened but croven has been solid this tour so i think hes winning here
BW: avarice vs Crashy - a match between one of the best records in bw and the worst, i like avarice but i dont know if i can see this going any other way
Bo3: Chaitanya vs taide - yeah 6-0s not bad hey, taide has been playing well and i could see him taking 1 of chait but fuck the man just doesnt lose, i kinda hope taide wins though

if this goes down to tiebreak i 100% expect the treeckos to do the same thing as the last one and pick the second ss slot for both floss and mr7, and gengars to obviously pick bo3. i would assume that chait would stay bo3 vs maybe wanka? idk, and maybe peachy + zap in the 2 ss slots depending how things go this week and id back chait to win bo3 and the 2 treeckos to edge the ss slots

#2 Hearthome Honchkrows (4) vs. #3 Blackthorn Bucks (4)

SS: Eternal Spirit vs kythr - you should take another look at the spreadsheet splash, last time i checked 4-2 is better than 4-3. kythr also won their previous mu in the tour so backing him to do it again
SS: Fírnen vs Its Choco Bitch - continuing the tradition of predicting against frnen, + i think choco is a great mons player. regardless itll be tight
SS: TheArchitect_ vs Havens - 4 in a row for havens and i would not be surprised at all if he makes it 5
SM: ima vs lax - dont really know in all honesty, lax is obviously really good but hes 1-4 but idk his opp hasnt seemed all that great either so backing lax here
SM: Gondra vs Brisked - ok yeah this is for sure a fodder but hey, maybe brisked will somehow pull a win out of his ass
ORAS: Star vs Catalystic - star hasnt lost a game in oras yet and cata has struggled a bit, dont really have any other reasoning tbh
BW: Sabella vs Jyph - both have been solid bw players so far, sabella won their last game though and has a better record so i dont really have any reason to go against that
Bo3: 1 True Lycan vs Sae - there are not many games where you dont back 1tl, this is not one of them

damn i really picked 2 tiebreaks thats unfort. anyway i would definitely expect the bucks to do the same thing as the treeckos and pick up the extra ss slot, they have definitely been one of the best performing teams in ss and the krows have been struggling a bit, and id expect the krows to pick up bo3 or maybe sm but idk, depends on whether gondra is confident in ss/bo3 cause we know lycan and sab can play anything. regardless i think the ss of the bucks will be too strong and id expect them to take the tiebreak, but really anything can happen

#1 Goldenrod Gengars (3) vs. #4 Trick House Treeckos (5)

SS: Confide vs MetaRiolu7 - Don't joke with mr7, but like cr7, mr7 will win for his team but this team will lose. Or not this time.
SS: Dieu Amphibien vs Bouff - Such a salow, he stopped only playing steel and this is better. This mpl made him a better player.
SS: Toadow vs Floss - Floss is obv one of the best here, but Toabook won his first win, and he will try to do his best to keep winning, but not this time.
SM: Zap vs Prosaic - Waszapd, Wasrat or during this mpl Waszsub, sunday night, the game will be played because Chait will kick his rat ass to make Zap carrying about Monotype a little more. (Best TL claiming his % to not being active lol).
SM: dahli vs Luckypiper - Dahli is better overall, and don't forget Luckypiper, I really dislike anime, so u lose sorry.
ORAS: Croven vs Wanka - Wanka didn't had luck recently but I see him winning here.
BW: avarice vs Crashy Close game but I see Crashy wins here.
Bo3: Chaitanya vs taide Oh, look this salow left his ugly cave now the week against Lycan is done. Feartanya will win here despite his fearing rat attitude last week!

Last edited:

SS: Confide vs MetaRiolu7 - I personally think MetaRiolu7 is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
SS: Dieu Amphibien vs Bouff - I personally think Dieu Amphibien is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
SS: Toadow vs Floss - I personally think Toadow is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
SM: Zap vs Prosaic - I personally think Zap is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
SM: dahli vs LuckyPiper - I personally think LuckyPiper good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
ORAS: Croven vs Wanka - I personally think Wanka is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
BW: avarice vs Crashy - I personally think avarice is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
Bo3: Chaitanya vs taide - I personally think Taide is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.

#2 Hearthome Honchkrows (5) vs. #3 Blackthorn Bucks (3) - I personally think The Blackthron backs are good. They just need to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.

SS: Eternal Spirit vs kythr - I personally think Kythr is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
SS: Fírnen vs Its Choco Bitch - I personally think Choco is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
SS: TheArchitect_ vs Havens - I personally think TheArchitect is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
SM: ima vs lax - I personally think ima is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
SM: Gondra vs Brisked - I personally think Briskee is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
ORAS: Star vs Catalystic - I personally think Catalystic is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
BW: Sabella vs Jyph - I personally think SAbella is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
Bo3: 1 True Lycan vs Sae - I personally think Sae is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.

SS: Confide vs MetaRiolu7 - I personally think MetaRiolu7 is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
SS: Dieu Amphibien vs Bouff - I personally think Dieu Amphibien is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
SS: Toadow vs Floss - I personally think Toadow is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
SM: Zap vs Prosaic - I personally think Zap is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
SM: dahli vs LuckyPiper - I personally think LuckyPiper good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
ORAS: Croven vs Wanka - I personally think Wanka is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
BW: avarice vs Crashy - I personally think avarice is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
Bo3: Chaitanya vs taide - I personally think Taide is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.

#2 Hearthome Honchkrows (5) vs. #3 Blackthorn Bucks (3) - I personally think The Blackthron backs are good. They just need to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.

SS: Eternal Spirit vs kythr - I personally think Kythr is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
SS: Fírnen vs Its Choco Bitch - I personally think Choco is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
SS: TheArchitect_ vs Havens - I personally think TheArchitect is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
SM: ima vs lax - I personally think ima is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
SM: Gondra vs Brisked - I personally think Briskee is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
ORAS: Star vs Catalystic - I personally think Catalystic is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
BW: Sabella vs Jyph - I personally think SAbella is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
Bo3: 1 True Lycan vs Sae - I personally think Sae is good. He just needs to work more to improve in the teambuilding, predicts, lead, risk-reward, double switches, try not to choke, make aggressive plays, game reading, matchup comprehension, 50/50s, scheduling and general knowledge of pokemon/the tiers though.
Best predictor this season. Splash and Fylkir Pudin take notes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)